Author Topic: Let Her Go [PRP Hashmal]  (Read 1548 times)

Offline Skadi

• Winds of the North
  • Gemini
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 3
Let Her Go [PRP Hashmal]
« on: February 05, 2014, 12:10:01 AM »
Every step was painful.

Paws were cracked and blistered, frost collecting between her toes and hurting with each stride she made in the mess on the ground. How long had she walked? Where was she? It was so hard to tell, and so long since she had seen another. She couldn't just traipse about carelessly, after all, but it was getting old fast, and she was getting tired.

This road the girl walked was too long and too hard and she was so alone, the golden sentinel who was likely marked as dead at best, and traitor at worst by the place that had marked her as theirs. Snow crunched beneath her feet, red tattoos branding and chaining her as much as they had once given her freedom, and the Fringe dire spent many nights walking to keep from being seen. The white now covering the ground had made it difficult though, and she risked much by being out in it.

If one of the other Nightwalkers stumbled onto her, she would be dead on her feet, even if she ran. No, running was hardly an option for the lean female who trudged through the snow in silence, golden eyes cold and hooded. Even if they didn't catch her, she was as good as dead. Saboro would not so easily relinquish one of their own who had been raised in the heart of the land.

The tattoos she bore were a death sentence, and not even Serrate would be able to protect her now.

Mother... Her breath caught and she drew up short, a pain in her chest so tight that she simply could not go on. Serrate was gone, and she had tried to follow and failed. So many had been lost to the ghost, so many that she herself felt insubstantial and lost...alone. So desperately alone.

And just as if the skies wept where she could not, flurries began to fall around her as she stood stock still in the white.

As childish as it was, the female wanted a do-over. She was desperate for one, a chance to start again. To grow up normally, to see her brothers and sisters again, to have a chance at love. Serrate had left her behind, and yet she couldn't even bring herself to return to Saboro and give up that spark that still burned for her Sabora. Surely they had chosen a new one, and had she wished to give her allegiance, she might be welcome back, if not with open arms, at least with a watchful eye. But in her soul it wouldn't be right, couldn't be enough.

Would anything ever be? Anyone?

A ragged sob expelled from her maw before she stifled it. She was a Nightwalker, and the moon was full and bright, reflected on the snow. This was her cold, dark, lonely world, and Skadi could not let it see her cry. Instead, she let her gold eyes shut and took in a deep breath, holding it in as she tried so hard to forget all that she had lost. She couldn't know that there were any pieces left to pick up and put back together.

This life. It wasn't easy, and she wasn't sure she could bear it any more.

Oh, it's time to let it go

I can't seem to understand it how you turned out to be so cold
You tried but were caught red handed, are you happy with your role?
It's funny to me how you've turned into such a joke...

It's sacrifice
False pretense you'll hurt again
Stop pretending to deny

So play the game until you run out
And play the game into my hand

- Played by Red Team -
#E47833

Offline Hashmal

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 6
Re: Let Her Go [PRP Hashmal]
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 01:06:47 AM »
The cold clear night had greeted him with the bright light of the moon, slinking from out the royal den and making certain he woke no one up. He was never a fan of slipping in such a cluttered pile and took to leaving at night to explore the snow covered lands, greeting the wintry season with open arms. The quietness of this place ushering him out for his own sort of wild rumpus that included stomping about on the freshly fallen snow.

The moon's pale glow lit the sparkling snowy hills, coating the night lands in its frosty embrace, a smile spread across the red yearling's faces as vapors rose from his flared nostrils. Blue gaze bouncing from one place to another, this cold place, it was so different from the marshlands. A welcomed change and so quickly had he adapted to it mentally ignoring the coldness of his paws, toes becoming numb, but oddly he felt so warm.

It took a while for him to understand that he wasn't in the main lands of Inaria anymore, but this slab of large space was covered with a sparse amount of trees. He paused, eyes glancing about curiously, an odd feeling of bravery filling his chest. This place still held Inaria's scent, so it must have belonged to them. It was out so far though, how long had he been running? He'd glance back at his fresh foot prints, snorting with a proud smile upon his maw.

He could feel it, his strength returning and maybe a spine was growing, but those images still remained, the slaughtering of his litter mates still fresh in his mind like it had just happened. The prickle of anxiety would start and again he'd be left to shaking his head to push back the memories, no not now!

And as he began to settle, his eyes caught sight of a figure walking a distance away in the snow before him. Lips drawn to an expectant frown, but body tensed to an alerted stance. Even from this distance and though their pelt was diluted by the pale glow of the moon he was so sure, he could never forget... never ever. 

Stomach would clench and he'd suddenly tear down the sloping hillside, nostrils flaring to catch a scent from them, it was strange and new, but his eyes were sharp. Colors took the pattern of a pelt he remembered well as got closer and closer. "SKADI!" He'd attempt it, oh dear lord he would attempt it, hoping... no praying it was her! And when he finally neared her with tears already spilling from soft eyes he'd come to a stop, panting for a short while as silence would wash over the pair of waywards. "S-Skadi! SKADI! It's m-me, H-H-Hashm-m-mal!" He'd begin to blubber and wail stepping toward her to bump noses or to nuzzle if she allowed, and he'd step back to look her over, no scars or missing limbs, his sister had comeback!
When I'm older, I'll be silent beside you
I know words won't be enough
And they won't need to know the names or our faces
But they will carry on for us

played by: waka

Offline Skadi

• Winds of the North
  • Gemini
  • Initiate
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:23:05 PM »
She heard the crunch of snow that seemed to echo through the silence, and so she began walking again, not bothering to look around her. As it stood now, she wasn't sure if it would wouldn't be a blessing just to be caught and get it over with, her eyes having dried up before the first tear could even fall. Stone again. Hard and cold and emotionless. But she was worn down and if you looked closely enough, she had cracks and chips missing.

The steps quickened then, and her sharp muzzle snapped to the side, looking what she thought was her death in the eye.

But what she saw was not death, but a ghost from another life, and her heart felt as though it had ceased beating in her chest. Suddenly, the girl was quivering, then shaking violently all over, her limbs threatening to give way beneath her, and instead, they carried her forward a single step before her mind could even register her blatant disbelief. Golden eyes stared hard at him, unwilling to admit even to herself that he was real.

"SKADI! "S-Skadi! SKADI! It's m-me, H-H-Hashm-m-mal!"

And then he was on her. She stiffened at first, the warm touch of another so long forgotten that she didn't know what to do at first, and as if her muscle memory returned from that past life, she suddenly collapsed into him, shoving. Desperate to bury herself into her brother's warmth, aware of his tears as she silently buried her face into his neck, she collapsed then.

"-ash," was all of his name Skadi could manage, the husky hoarse whisper all she was able to say with vocal cords that didn't remember their purpose. He was real, so real, right here. When he pulled back to look at her, it was like all the warmth in her body left and she couldn't help the low whine that was issued at the loss. But she looked at him too, and she saw that Hashmal was whole and hale, perhaps he had his own demons somewhere inside, but he wore his with less obviousness than she did. Her brother was alive though, and she could not bear now to go where he was not.

Maybe this was her chance. The one she'd asked for.

"Love you," she managed, hoarsely, before she dove back towards him, curling up into a ball against his chest and legs. He had always been the baby, but here, she needed his comfort more than anything.

It's sacrifice
Stop pretending to deny

- Played by Red Team -
#E47833

Offline Hashmal

• Inaria
  • Initiate
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 12:51:41 PM »
She was so stoic, so emotionless as if whatever she had been through had long drained her of any, but it wasn't his place to ask and no, he sure as hell wasn't going to pry either. But instead he'd revel in the fact that she was right here! Right in front of him because this was all he had ever wanted, all he had ever dreamed of and more.

And as she finally gave into him and pushing back at him, the tears that tried so desperately to stop were now just cascading from his eyes in several dark streaks down his face. The odd hiccup noise when one attempted to catch their breath when they cried was the only sound that they'd both hear and as she spoke to him for the first time in a long time did he truly smile.

It was broken and sad, but within his heart he was so happy she was safe and sound. So happy that at least one of them had made it. "I-I l-love y-you t-too, S-Skadi!" He spoke real soft through the shaking of his body and the sniffling of his tears.

And as she dove and curled against his body, he cuddled up against her too. Neck craning over her and chubby body surrounding her to comfort and hold her. "We can just s-sit here all q-quiet like, like w-what you and R-Reve used to do!" He spoke in that shaken voice a smile fading from his face. Cause you don't have to worry no more about anything, cause here you are safe.

"I-I'll do a-all the t-talking d-don't worry." He muttered softly into her ears, blue gaze lowering and eyes closing as he began, he wouldn't talk about Spider or Reve unless she asked and even if she did, he wouldn't go into detail. "I got out of that place and c-came here. T-this place is a n-nice place called I-Inaria. I got taken in b-by the l-leader. S-she'd let you s-stay too!" Because now that you're here and I'm here, you just gotta stay!

Offline Skadi

• Winds of the North
  • Gemini
  • Initiate
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:35:20 PM »
"I-I l-love y-you t-too, S-Skadi!"

Those words thawed out her cracked and cold heart somewhat. It wasn't a lot, she wasn't sure anything could ever be a balm to ease, to fix what had broken, but it was a start. Words she hadn't heard from a brother she thought she had lost forever.

"We can just s-sit here all q-quiet like, like w-what you and R-Reve used to do!"

And then he covered her neck with his own, as if shielding her from the outside world. But at the mention of Reve's name, she stiffened hard, and began to shake, a quake coursing through her lithe frame as she remembered a two tone chatty boy who always filled the silence she left with so many words. No one could ever replace Reve in her heart, but she was willing to let Hashmal try. She pulled her head back, and those dull gold eyes shone sadly as she looked up at her younger brother.

She shook her head, ever so slowly. Skadi couldn't talk about Reve...not now. She was afraid it would break her open all over again.

But it seemed like Hashmal understood that.

"I-I'll do a-all the t-talking d-don't worry. I got out of that place and c-came here. T-this place is a n-nice place called I-Inaria. I got taken in b-by the l-leader. S-she'd let you s-stay too!"

She relaxed into him, his words soothing her despite the stutters, and almost, almost she let herself believe that everything was normal. Hashmal was safe here. Protected by a leader, just as she had been in Saboro. But when he spoke of her staying, she jerked away, staggering to her feet in the snow, his warmth suddenly gone and reawakening those thoughts that nowhere was safe for her.

"NO." She said vehemently, shaking her head, even as eyes looked on him balefully. Her heart raced as she cast glances around herself, making sure they were alone. Once she felt certain that there were no prying eyes, her body sagged again, and her protest was quieter, softer.

More apologetic.

Skadi looked down at her paws.

"No, it's not safe. They'll come. You'll...get hurt," said the red tattooed girl gently. It was the most words she had spoken at once in a long time, and her voice was dry and hoarse, but she said them aloud. Hashmal might not understand who 'they' were, likely thinking Eschaton, Dragon...but instead there were Saborans, perhaps even her own rank-mates, who would be sent for her if she didn't return. And she wouldn't lead them to Hashmal, or to anyone who had helped her brother.

Skadi would die before she let herself bring harm to the last of her family, and when she looked up, that, too, was in her eyes. Her love for him would be her downfall for sure.

And she would go to her death gladly, for him.

It's sacrifice
Stop pretending to deny

- Played by Red Team -
#E47833

Offline Hashmal

• Inaria
  • Initiate
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 01:26:55 PM »
As she jerked away from him a look of confused shock and sadness spread over the young male's features, he twisted to catch her gaze feeling a hefty amount of rejection from Skadi as she yelled a clear 'No' all too quickly for his taste. He'd push himself away, lowering his head and his gaze some from her. Had he done something wrong? Had he said something to displease her? A melancholy expression washing over him and pulling his lips into a frown. "I-I don't understand?" The shakiness in his voice had seemingly left.

But his sister's words had left him reeling, what on Earth was she talking about? He was brave enough to take a step forward, to try and catch her gaze with his own. His golden sister so scared, but for why? "Who will come?" He questioned gently, not knowing if prying was the best thing to in a situation such as this. But he'd shrug off his odd feelings however, they never seemed to help anyway.

He eyed her more closely now, talking in the red markings for the first time, she hadn't had those the last time he had seen her and now the questions were really rising. Darling, there's a shark in the water, there's something underneath my bed! Blue eyes widen with fear, which was feeding off of Skadi's own. The sense of not knowing was going to be the death of him for sure."Skadi, they're gone. They won't get us, I'm sure. That Eschaton place is gone." He tried to reassure her, they weren't coming after, even though he was quite unsure how he managed to escape rather then Spider or Reve making it out.

"Did they do that to you? T-those marks?" He'd move closer to her then, steps shaken and teetering on the edge of collapsing into a blubbering mess, if Skadi allowed, the boy would gently nudge her side and face with his nose where the marking were so complexly placed. He had never seen such markings, not on the Eschaton beasts either, but they had bore different markings, scars and other war wounds worn like badges of honor for the terror and horror they caused.

And it was at that moment he understood she wasn't talking about Eschaton, but wait she wasn't even in Eschaton... she was taken somewhere else.... There was something more dangerous than that hell pit and it was after his sister. "Skadi..." He whispered in horror, oh no.