Author Topic: issues [PRP Moons]  (Read 1403 times)

Offline Cappella

• What do we say to death?
  • Inaria
  • Regular
  • NOT TODAY!
  • Liked: 45
  • Likes Given: 1
issues [PRP Moons]
« on: October 04, 2013, 02:54:30 PM »
p.s moons if u want to go with the haylyn reason :
[19:38:30] sppoky skeletn: gearr is it cool to say haylyn asked moons to try and make cappella a better person
[19:38:38] ~~~GEARR~~~: yes friend
[19:38:42] sppoky skeletn: bless
[19:38:45] ~~~GEARR~~~: <3

up to u friend

She had been on edge lately.

Since her run in with that one odd male who dribbled and slurred and had no sense of personal space, she found her patience with Inaria wearing thin. It was the first time she had ever attacked someone, a natural reaction and she had only realised what she had done when it was too late. But at the same time, it wasn't like she was being punished for anything else she had done so far, so honestly it wasn't troubling her mind too bad.

She was fully grown now, though if only anyone could say that about her mentally. She was still an angry child, despite having grown into a beautiful young lady. Her run in with the stag that had beaten the crap out of her still took its toll though, an aching pain struck her when she moved around a bit too much.

Though she was far too stubborn to show it.

She lay down beneath one of the tranquil lavender trees, resting before ears twitched at the sound of someone approaching. Without even looking to see who it was, she groaned, and gave the stranger a fair warning; "Go away."

Her new teacher would have a lot of work ahead of her.
You vow your life and blood,
But this is not our home, in the water,
Our hope here's never found,
Just try to keep your way, in the water.

Who we are today,
Could never make amends for what we've done,
Tainted blood.

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 926
  • Likes Given: 898
Re: issues [PRP Moons]
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 03:36:25 PM »
Moons had a goal today: find Cappella.

The young girl had concerned the Marshall ever since she had met the girl. Initially, they had unofficially met the day of the alliance talk with the wolves from Sicher; Moons had seen the girl in an emotional outburst that gave a hint to the maroon wolf that she was going through a lot of turmoil. As of yet, she hadn't been proven wrong, judging from their interactions after that. More often than not, Moons was jabbed at with angry curses, outbursts, and an overall dislike of those around Cappella. Rather than be pushed away or to be angry at her, as most wolves might be after something like that, she was pushed forward into wanting to help. Maybe it was the maternal instinct she constantly carried about her; or maybe it was simply a desire to help those around her. She just knew she wanted to help Cappella, see just what it was that made her tick so much.

Interestingly enough, the opportunity came to her in a more unexpected way. Queen Haylyn herself had approached Moons an evening or two ago, coming with a plea for Cappella. To "make her into a better wolf," as she had said. Even at the thought of those words now, Moons tilted her head, much like she had done when she first heard them. In her mind, Cappella already had the potential to being a great wolf and a great member of Inaria; she just had a lot of anger from something bothering her in her life. It brought to mind that day when Cappella had vented to her (perhaps unintentionally) about her family back home in Sicher's Outlands. About how she felt so alone in all of the chaos that had happened so far in her life. It made Moons sympathetic to her cause.

Not that she felt Cappella wanted that.

So it was with Haylyn's request in her mind that she now set off to actively look for the young girl. Moons had agreed to it gladly, to which the gray Queen looked relieved and happy to have her friend help. Keeping her eyes open, she searched for the wolf, unsure as to where she liked to hang out on a daily basis. Did she have friends to hang out with? Moons didn't want to be a pessimist or a judge of character, but she had a feeling Cappella didn't have anyone to play with or hang around by. Hm. Shaking her head, the Freifau kept looking until finally spotting the dark blue form lounging beneath a shady tree. Ahh, there we go. Nodding to herself, she approached Cappella.

"Go away." Moons couldn't help the small smile on her maw. This was expected. "Good afternoon to you too, Cappella," she said gently, tail wagging slightly. She wasn't budging from her spot where she paused some distance away from the girl. "Do you wish to be alone to your thoughts?" She figured she'd guess the answer from the girl, but it wasn't going to make Moons go away. If there was anything she had plenty of, it was patience. And this was where it was going to help the most.
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline Cappella

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • NOT TODAY!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 04:51:21 PM »
"Good afternoon to you too, Cappella,"

She twisted her head to the side, rolling towards Moons slightly so she could see her. Well, she wasn't expecting her, of all people. "Cremisi," Another nickname, given for the colour of Moons' fur. She didn't want to use the same name she had given for Sunrush, it just didn't seem right to her. "What are you doing here?" Maybe the overly nice attitude when they had first met had actually made a difference to Cappella. The Italian girl didn't really feel like telling her to eff off right now.

"Do you wish to be alone to your thoughts?"

"I don't know..." Her encounter with that male still haunted her, and made her want to be alone all the time. Moons wasn't some random freak, but something was up. Shouldn't she be busy doing...other things? Perhaps it was just Cappella being overly suspicious, always finding a problem where there is none. She wasn't used to others actually trying to find her.

To be fair, she had disappeared for a while, trying to stay by herself. She couldn't even remember the last time she had seen Haylyn, she tried to avoid the Queen whenever she could. Knowing her, she'd probably start something and try to get the girl to be a helpful member of Inaria. eff that. She could focus on her actual children for that crap.

Rolling onto her stomach, ignoring the aching pain it gave her, she looked up at Moons.

"What do you want?"

Ah, polite as always.

Who we are today,
Tainted blood.

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »
Cappella reacted immediately to Moons' words by rolling over and looking at her. "Cremisi," was the reply, which made Moons wonder what it meant this time. She didn't sense anything hostile about it, so she didn't think it was really an insult. Ah well, if Cappella wanted to nickname her, she felt a little honored by that fact. "What are you doing here?" Well, at least she hadn't been sent away... yet. For the maroon female, it was already progress being made. As for answering the question... "Was looking for you, actually," she responded with a light smile. Her tail gave a few sways, indicative of her sincerity in her words. "At least I found you." Knowing Cappella, she'd probably want to ask why.

"I don't know..." The uncertainty rang to Moons in the girl's conflict of wanting to be alone or not. "You seem unsure..." she pointed out, perhaps unnecessarily. She wanted to see why, but she didn't want to push too much. "Is something bothering you?" She took that assumption out of the fact that whenever she felt unsure in whether she wanted to be alone or not, it was because something weighed heavily on her mind. And deep inside, she wanted to talk to someone about it. Was it the same for Cappella now?

Hoping it wasn't too much of an imposing move, Moons sat down, sighing contently as she did. Felt good to sit every so often, though often she was rather too restless to do so. At the moment, though, she was fine. Hearing movement, she realized Cappella was moving over again, rolling over to look at her directly. "What do you want?" Moons hummed a little to herself, expecting this question. It was natural for the girl to want to know. "Wanted to come check up on you," she said, looking at the blue girl. "I hope you don't mind." Somehow, she wasn't sure if she did or not.

After a moment of pause, Moons made to speak again. "I like talking to others, Cappella," she said, starting something else entirely. "But more than anything, I like listening. And with you, I feel like I want to understand you. Help you, if you want me to." She had glanced briefly to the trees around her, but now she looked back at Cappella. "Even if that means offering up a spar between you and me." Her eyes were serious, but her maw offered a small smile. For anger, what better way than a friendly spar to expend energy?
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar

Offline Cappella

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • NOT TODAY!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 12:34:21 PM »
"Is something bothering you?"

She made a face, giving Moons a questioning look. "No." Despite having ranted to the maroon female before, her answer held that tone of annoyance, clearly not understanding why Moons cared. Why did anyone care about her in Inaria? She was a desert wolf, she didn't exactly belong here. Fled from her home due to stupid bullcrap, and ended up in a lilac forest. The only way she could have been more out of her comfort zone would be if she ended up in some winter wonderland.

"I like talking to others, Cappella, But more than anything, I like listening. And with you, I feel like I want to understand you. Help you, if you want me to. Even if that means offering up a spar between you and me."

The last part threw her off.

"Whuh?..." Moons wanted to get in a fight? She must have known that Cappella didn't have the brightest clue in how to be a fighter. She stood up, for once looking like what she really was, a scared little girl. Her tail hung low, and her ears flattened. "Listen, Cresmisi, I don't...I, uh...I don't know how to effing fight." It was clear she was embarrassed, glancing around to make sure no one else had heard that.

Perhaps it was rather strange how Cappella opened up more to Moons than she did with the mother who had adopted her.

"I got hurt by a stag a while ago," Those orange eyes wouldn't even look at the maroon female, the shame and how utterly pathetic she looked was sinking in. "And there was this...there was this guy. I don't know who he was. Brown and red, had a strange way of talking. He was drooling and getting real close to me so...I bit him." Wasn't that probably breaking some stupid Inarian law or something? She had attacked a fellow Inarian. But in her defence, he was effing weird.

Logic.

"Thats the first time I've ever been in a fight, and all I did was bite some creeps nose." Though, if he ever sneaked up on her again, she should probably be prepared.

"Can you teach me? How to fight, that is...Though mother would probably throw me into some stupid rank if she knew I was training." Cappella wasn't entirely interested in ranks unless it benefited her in some way.

She wanted to aim high.

Who we are today,
Tainted blood.

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 04:16:24 PM »
"No." As expected. Amber eyes took in the scowling face, and it slightly amused her. It reminded Moons of herself, of when she stubbornly held on to the fact that 'nothing was wrong' and it would take others a while to finally have her get it out of her system. The one who was the best at that was Kichigai. Overall, at least, Moons can say she was better at talking about things nowadays than when she was younger. In the end it gave her an understanding of what Cappella was doing now: protecting herself, even if what she was defending from could possibly help her in the end.

Though maybe there was more amusement at Cappella's reaction to her next offer. "Whuh?..." Moons nodded, her smile widening a bit. "Yes, I'm being serious about this," she emphasized, making sure the young girl understood what she was saying. Cappella stood up, Moons' gaze following her, and she was surprised by what happened next. Instead of being defensive... she seemed to withdraw into herself. "Listen, Cremisi, I don't...I, uh...I don't know how to effing fight." As the blue wolf glanced about, seemingly fearful of others hearing, the gears in Moons' mind were whirring. Didn't know how to fight? So it wasn't that she didn't want to... or so it seemed. "Not everyone knows," she said, showing that it wasn't necessarily a bad thing that she didn't know.

Then came a story that Cappella surprisingly (or maybe not all that surprising?) shared. "I got hurt by a stag a while ago." Concern entered Moons' eyes, aware of what stags were capable of. They were pretty deadly in their own right. "And there was this...there was this guy. I don't know who he was. Brown and red, had a strange way of talking. He was drooling and getting real close to me so...I bit him." Brown and red... talked strangely... her brow furrowed as she put together the description. Until... "Sulfur..." she whispered, the name of the young wolf hitting her, the same as when she found Liesel and the.. well, the remains of her brother Yohn. "Thats the first time I've ever been in a fight, and all I did was bite some creeps nose." She shifted her gaze back to Cappella, having had it waver when she was thinking about the male she had described.

"Not everyone is expected to be an expert at fighting right off the bat, Cappella." Inwardly she was just glad she didn't seem to get many injuries from her encounters. Moons remembered when her own fur was scar-free... "Can you teach me? How to fight, that is...Though mother would probably throw me into some stupid rank if she knew I was training." Moons tilted her head, briefly giving Cappella a look-over. Then a smile hit her maw. "You shouldn't be forced into a rank if you don't want to be in it, not even by your mother," she said, standing up as well (assuming Cappella was still standing after all of this).

Bending her front legs, she stretched her lithe body, feeling muscles pop and relief coursing through her. Felt good to stretch like that from time to time. With a small sigh, she straightened and looked at the girl. "I'd be glad to teach you to fight," she said with a smile. "That way you can defend yourself if you are ever threatened or in a situation where you have to fight back." Turning, she stepped a few paces away from the tree and paused in a more spacious area, then faced wherever Cappella would be. "This doesn't mean you can go picking fights with your newfound abilities, okay?" It was with a friendly tone that she said it, but the Marshall still meant in nonetheless. "All I ask from you is that you give it your all. Sound good to you?" Looking straight at Cappella, amber eyes unwavering. She would wait for her answer, then shift her weight to get into a comfortable, balanced position, and took a deep breath.

"Come at me whenever you're ready~"
Link to bin~

Offline Cappella

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • NOT TODAY!
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 12:01:57 PM »
yes i will reply after i get capp out of the alliance thread <3

Who we are today,
Tainted blood.

Offline Cappella

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • NOT TODAY!
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 01:23:22 PM »
ive never actually tried to deliberately be crap at fighting this will be interesting

"You shouldn't be forced into a rank if you don't want to be in it, not even by your mother,"

"She's not my mother," Cappella muttered under her breath, still really hating the fact that Inarians called her that, despite the fact that she sarcastically says it all the time. Moons carried on, telling her about how she needed to know if she ever wanted to defend herself. Perhaps her mind should have been reminded of every single crapstorm she had stirred up in Inaria, but all she could think of was Eve challenging Sunrush.

She nodded to Moon's question, and watched her get into position.

"Come at me whenever you're ready~"

O-oh...Oh, okay she didn't think Moons would just let the girl have at it.

Awkwardly, she tried to mimic the position that Moons was in, not really understanding the balancing of weight (perhaps that came with experience), and ending up being in a slightly similar stance. So, did she just...charge? Was that how the first attack was supposed to go? She ran, and tried to tackle Moons head on (she couldn't bite her, could she?).

And would probably go sailing straight past her, considering Moons had legs and would probably use them to get out the way. In which case she'd fall face first in the mud, rolling for a moment before finally getting back on her paws, trying to shake it off of her.

Well that was a disaster and a half.

"Maybe I shouldn't...Maybe I shouldn't be the one to make the first attack." If she had any kind of idea about fighting, she would have put herself down as a quick dodger rather than a brute force 'pin you down and tear your face off' kind of girl. "Let me do it again." But god loves a trier.

She got into position again, a new sort of determination on the italian girls face. And then she charged again, but this time, she took a dive to the left, trying to spin around to gently clamp jaws around Moons' leg (cause still, she couldn't just effing bite her, right?) but ended up diving with way too much force, and tripped up on her own legs and she tried to spin around.

Again, she was on the ground.

"Ugh."

Who we are today,
Tainted blood.

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 02:03:48 PM »
"She's not my mother." The words reached Moons, and she pondered over them for a moment. It was expected from the girl, someone who was adopted into the family and had more than a little resentment contained within that smaller body. And Moons knew better than to try and convince the girl of the reasons why Haylyn could be considered her mother. There was no anger on the maroon wolf's part; just understanding, shown in a nod and nothing more. Besides... who was she to try and dictate who were parents to who?

Moving on to the fight at hand!

At her indication, Cappella attempted to copy the balanced stance needed for a fight. It allowed for her paws to have equal leverage, and would let her move in any direction needed for a defensive move, offensive move, or counter-attack. The one Cappella had now... she wouldn't be able to dodge much. She was a little tense, she noticed, as her amber eyes quickly assessed the girl's position. Well, it was her first fight. Rather than giving immediate correction, she let it be. There was time for corrections later; right now, she wanted to let Cappella be Cappella and fight how she believed it should be.

The blue-toned girl moved for her first attack, and Moons watched her closely. Any feints? Nope. Straight on tackle. Like predicted, Moons moved out of the way easily, causing the girl to fly past her, stumbling over her first attempt. Moons watched as Cappella rolled over and back onto her paws. "Maybe I shouldn't...Maybe I shouldn't be the one to make the first attack." She wanted Moons to attack? "Sometimes you'll have to be the first one to do so," she said, while moving into position once again. "That comes with assessing the situation and deciding what move is best." That was always a risk, but then again, battles always were.

"Let me do it again." The Marshall complied, waiting patiently to see what the girl would cook up next. Would she try another full-on charge? She had already seen that move didn't work... so what now? She charged again, and Moons stood her ground, waiting. Then, Cappella dived to the left (Moons' right), going for a spin towards Moons' back leg. Moons jumped forward a step or two, dodging the potential teeth, though that never came into play. Instead, the girl tripped on her own paws and landed on the ground again. As the "ugh" escaped her, Moons turned towards Cappella and charged over, taking the moment she was on the ground into her own advantage and attempted to pin the smaller wolf down with her body and paws. If successful and Cappella began to struggle, she'd lean over and open her jaws, attempting to encase Cappella's neck with them, enough to put pressure but not to harm. It was a move that made most wolves (or animals) cease their struggle, lest they cause their predator to crush their windpipe or damage their spine.

If all moves were successful and she had her pinned, Moons would wait a moment or two before relieving the pressure and looking Cappella straight in the eye(s). "One thing you do need to learn quickly," she instructed, a serious look on her face, "is to stay on the ground as little as possible. Otherwise, you're giving your opponent too much advantage, and it puts you in a very vulnerable position." As shown here. It was something Moons had learned early on, and resolved to immediately get back on her paws whenever possible. Even when not in battle, she sprung back on her paws when she tripped or fell in less dangerous situations. "Understand?"
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 02:07:39 PM by Moons »
Link to bin~

Offline Cappella

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • NOT TODAY!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 02:50:02 PM »
Before she could get back up this time, she felt a weight pinning her down, and the girl cried out a curse in her native language, trying to kick at Moons. What the hell was she doing!? Suddenly she felt Moons clamp around her neck, and immediately the italian girl froze. Wow, if this had been for real, she'd be dead already.

That was a little disheartening.

"One thing you do need to learn quickly, is to stay on the ground as little as possible. Otherwise, you're giving your opponent too much advantage, and it puts you in a very vulnerable position. Understand?"

She got up and nodded, oddly silent for once. It turned out, fighting was a pretty good way to get adrenaline going. Maybe it would also be good for getting rid of all that build up rage, which everyone knows she had a lot of. "Again." She would get this right, even if Moons beat her to a pulp.

She got into her position again, altering her weight slightly so she could push off from her back legs with more power (maybe it'd take Moons by surprise? who knew, fighting was strange). She noticed, before she faceplanted into the ground the second time, that Moons had moved forward when Cappella tried that leg bite tactic. Maybe she could get her to do it again?

So she did, charging forward but this time taking a dive towards the right, however this time she kept going a little further. Successfully spinning around (yes! step by step she'd get there), she'd lunge toward and try to bite onto Moons' tail. If she actually did it, she'd hold on, but her own tail would wag.

Because christ, she'd actually landed a hit in a sort of serious fight!

If not, then she'd back up immediately, scrambling back so maniacally to get out of range that it was a miracle she didn't fall down again.

Who we are today,
Tainted blood.

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 10:02:59 AM »
Successful in her attempt, she felt Cappella struggle to be free, only to freeze when Moons' jaws found their target. Inwardly she was approving of the girl's reactions; she had hoped that Cappella would know how to react to certain situations, and when to stop fighting. The last thing she wanted to do was hurt the girl unnecessarily. Like established earlier, she kept the pressure on for only a few moments before releasing the young wolf in order to give her the reason for her actions. Cappella showed she understood, strangely without speaking as she nodded and stood up, which Moons allowed.

"Again." Cappella got into her fighter's stance, and Moons looked at her briefly before readying herself again as well. Her mind wondered what the she-wolf would try this time, and how the Marshall was going to retaliate. One thing she was already noticing (and admiring) about Cappella was her determination. Twice she had already fallen, and both times she got up with even more fervor than before. It was encouraging for the lead Soldier, seeing the spunk in the girl.

Her thoughts refocused on the fight as her eyes caught Cappella's charge towards her once again, only to dive to the opposite side this time. Where was she going? Moons immediately calculated another possible leg bite, but this time she planned another move. It was more risky, but she decided to try it. Keeping herself grounded, she shifted her weight and lowered herself slightly, bowing down in preparation as Cappella got practically behind her after completing a good spin (great job!).

Instead of leaping forward like last time (she didn't like repeating the same moves twice if she could help it), Moons spun in place and went for a counter-attack. She felt teeth grip her tail, but due to her movement it landed more towards the end of her tail where it was mostly fur. It wasn't all that painful, but felt nonetheless. Meanwhile, her own jaws opened as she whirled to try and latch onto Cappella's shoulder in a softer yet firm grip for the cause. It was mostly to startle the girl and get her to let go of her own tail. If successful, Moons would try and push to get her to go backwards.

If that didn't happen and Cappella began to scramble backwards, Moons would follow her steps and go forwards in tune with her, to startle her. Hopefully it would trip Cappella up and cause her to fall again, but if not Moons would still go forward and try to latch onto a foreleg or her neck/shoulder to push her to the ground regardless. One thing about fighting, whether teaching or realistic, had to be taught: always try to keep the upper hand.
Link to bin~

Offline Cappella

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • NOT TODAY!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2014, 02:07:38 PM »
Holy crap it actually worked.

But the moment of victory was short-lived. Moons whirled around, and Cappella's eyes widened in a mixture of shock and terror. And she was doing so well. She spat out Moons' tail, moved backwards without much skill. She tried desperately to get away, but being so close, it obviously wasn't going to work.

She kept her head low as Moons suddenly rushed forward, trying to latch onto her neck but it wouldn't happen, the positioning just wasn't right. She moved, but was still bitten, however instead of the shoulder or the neck, Moons had gotten a hold of her leg. She tried to move her body around, twisting her leg a little, and would try to get a grip onto Moons' face. Or at least close enough to her face as possible.

She tried to push back when Moons tried to overpower her, a struggle between the two based on pure strength alone. But Moons was older, more experienced, and Cappella wouldn't last long. "Stop!" She'd suddenly bark out, not wanting to be pushed down when she had put herself in such an awkward position.

If Moons obliged to the request, Cappella would stand there, panting, clearly exhausted. Tongue would roll out of her mouth, and for once, she'd be speechless.

Maybe they could move onto a different kind of training. Or just stop, she hoped. But she was unaware that Moons wasn't just trying to fix her fighting skills, but also that dangerous personality of hers as well.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 02:08:25 PM by Cappella »

Who we are today,
Tainted blood.