Author Topic: Aequitas (Jaromir, Renegades)  (Read 4621 times)

Offline Haven

• Leader
  • Master
  • rise again.
  • Liked: 905
  • Likes Given: 527
Aequitas (Jaromir, Renegades)
« on: October 15, 2010, 11:28:28 PM »
There was something lingering on the borders, something that felt wrong. The golden female had heard whispers of what they had done, what the renegades had done.

Haven did not like invaders. It had been invaders that had taken her homeland, invaders that had caught them with their pants down and swarmed. Killed the armies, banished the generals, enslaved the citizens. She may have taken a new name but she had not forgotten her past, could not forget locking eyes with her brother one last time, filled with shame and fear. It would not happen again. She wouldn't let it.

So attack the attackers, then. Destroy the destroyers. Peace was not something you could earn by virtue of being kind, you also had to be strong. It was not pretty, but it was necessary, and shying from what was not pretty would end with a kingless throne.

A bloody, kingless throne.

Haven turned her golden eyes to Jaromir as they cantered, the male was beside her and she could think of no better to accompany her. He had been silent thus far, and she could see that he would not be won over by her charming smile or well-spoken words. But she didn't need them. If he needed action, she would show him action. Neither would shy from the fray. This was their homeland.

This was the only homeland left for her.

They would spill this blood so that no more blood would be shed.

So they would go, a white and gold banner of a kingdom lurching upwards from its depths, proudly, strongly representing a nation that would finally, definitely, completely, unequivocally, not take any more of your crap.

Fiat iustitia ruat caelum Let justice be done though the heavens fall.

Any Renegade is encouraged to join this and fight. They can run off or have their character killed in this if they want. Any renegade not participating is alive and run off once the renegades disbands (Which will be when I post in this with the leader being a coward and running off)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:02:40 PM by Haven »

THIS IS WAR and we are all going to be polite as hell about it or SO HELP ME GOD.

Offline Jaromir

• Marquis of Inaria.
  • Master
  • a rock feels no pain, and an island never cries.
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Aequitas (Jaromir, Renegades)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:14:57 AM »
He had planned for resentment.  It was not the immature child's insistence of hating something to the point of irrationality, no, but all the same, Jaromir had flatly and pragmatically considered all of the circumstances and noted that it was likely that this she-wolf would rub him the wrong way.  She was a newcomer from the outside lands intent on taking charge, who entered into this pack's lands as blatantly as...no, not as them.  But blatantly all the same.  There was a dissonance between her rank and how she seemed to act, moving with the shoulders and spine and confidence of a leader -- and truly, as one who believed in order and appropriate rank behavior, the Elite Guard should have been quietly irritated by this golden woman.

He wasn't.  It was high time that someone took the reins.  Their 'alpha' had acted like a lazy subordinate child, and so somehow to him it was acceptable that this subordinate could take charge and help in Inaria's rebuilding.  Who else was going to? Avidity, the traumatized? Anateri, the..also-traumatized? He, the tool, the weapon? Sickle and Oren, reputed traitors and currently missing? Haylyn, who never seemed to be around and held no suitability to the throne other than popping out of Whitewind's crotch once upon a time?

Kita might have been a candidate after all, but that one incident had built distance between them, perhaps more on Jaromir's part than Kita's; a leader who could accept being berated by a deserter was a poor leader at best...and perhaps...perhaps the rank she held was the appropriate one after all.  The calm head to temporarily manage during crisis, to offer guidance to the alpha, but not to lead us.

And so despite himself, despite everything he knew, despite everything that he held as rote in his mind...the tank of Inaria followed Haven.  Because with Haven there lay a glimmer of hope -- a leader, if only in action.

They spoke little as they ran, both disciples of efficiency and aware that this was not the best time for chatter.  A sliver of red eye was spared for the other even as she glanced to him, and quietly he considered that perhaps this would...be the start of something new.

Not much farther, muzzle tipping down an inch and back up, a careful, rudimentary nod.

Perhaps how it went between them would be determined by what happened here.

And then they arrived.                                                                                                                                   
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 10:15:49 AM by Jaromir »
I hang my coat up in the first bar,
there is no peace that I've found so far
The laughter penetrates my silence,
as drunken men find flaws in science
Their words mostly noises,
ghosts with just voices

Your words in my memory are like music to me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
played by Theral since February 2009. | tracker~

[12:37:56 AM] Kay: LOL SUN. “Setebos: I tried to get out of jury duty by saying I was good at poisoning people. Since our Marquis is a serial killer and our last Marquis choked a baby, that didn't work. I'm due in court this Tuesday.”

Offline .Eve.

• When the end of the world came
  • Pack Alpha
  • Hero
  • We all just looked kinda relieved.
  • Liked: 4135
  • Likes Given: 2111
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 02:39:51 PM »
How dare they.

The knights came a-galloping, brassy and bold and lovely as they were. White and gold, clean and their arrival was not hailed by trumpets and flutes but it might as well have been, because they were the protagonists, they were destined to win and it simply was not fair.

They were the protagonists because they had been greater in numbers, because they had the power, because the annals of the history books had been written in flowery language by the victors, casually neglecting mention of the families they had destroyed, the lives they had ruined. Blackblood puppies murdered at the borderlines and swifkill suffering the suffocating density of alteron and bloodspill underneath an unbearable sun in pit of slaves and what did riptide or warbound or HER FATHER ever do to deserve their punishment? It was simple cruelty, egotism, paranoia from the bourgeois dires, looking at the broken hearts of those "blackbloods" they had sentenced and finding themselves, always finding, that they were superior.

The half breed would show them. The half breed would SHOW THEM. SHE WOULD RIP THEM APART SHE WOULD TASTE THEIR SUPERIOR INNARDS and they would die on this borderline, die just like her mother did, because the renegades were powered by insanity, by greed, but most powerfully by vengeance. This was all that they had now, their desire to punish fairly the ones who had pounded the gavel at their tribunal, exile for them all, they are all blackblood and they are all evil, they all want to kill us.

Haven and Jaromir were so pretty there, incomparable with the dirty cream-colored mess of dry, greasy fur that covered Ibis' large body. But being pretty and holding your head all regal did not make you good.

Waving a noble banner did not make you good.

Having a nice pack name did not make you good.

This pack was a pack of murderers, traitors, bigoted highbrow elitist pampered lazy effers, and ever since they banished the blackbloods their nation had always been on the brink of collapse. Ibis would do her best to give it just one extra push. And so with the fervor of a madwoman, she would leap at Jaromir. His coat was like bleached, perfect snow, hers like a stained old tablecloth, because she could have been one of them, could have been noble and esteemed and law-abiding but instead she was broken and filthy and ready to die for a chance to kill.

What do I do with all this love?
Do I wear it on my ankle?
Do I walk into sea?
                   Listen closely to your love
                   Try very hard to see.
Can I just put it away?
                   You can try to set it apart from you
                  But it will always stay.
My love is like an open wound
My love is full of tears and pain
                   Will you let it keep you sane?
My love is shaped all strangely,
it's the same shape as me.
                  There's no ugly love, I think
                   But I don't know everything.
My love's as heavy as the world
                   I know, it's very great and small
                   Open your hands and let it fall. .

Offline Iago & Idoya

• The Twins
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 08:14:29 PM »
The twins were new to this place. They were drawn here because of the hate that resonated out from these lands, hate of the dires, a rightful, righteous hatred that lured the siblings from the faraway forests to this territory. Help, they wanted to help. They wanted to destroy the dire wolves. Such awful things they were, dires. Evil and dirty. They must be destroyed.

"Allí.  ¿Los ves?" muttered Iago. There. See them?

"Se enfrentan a la muerte  con valentía," Idoya murmured in reply. They face their deaths courageously.

The two wolves were hidden in the shadows of foliage, crouched and ready to sping. The darkness blended their blue-grey forms with the browns and greens of the vegetation, and the sun was at such an angle that it did not catch their golden eyes and make them gleam. As well, the wind was on their side, bringing them their enemies scents as they passed their hiding place right on by. They wouldn't even know that they were thre, more likely than not.

"Vamos," Iago said, voice hardly even audible to his sister crouched at his side. Come on.

Hate boiled inside them, causing the adrenaline rush to double in intensity. Their lips pulled back simultaneously, and Iago charged out of the shadows with Idoya only a step behind him. He lunged at Haven's back with jaws spread wide and seeking the back of her neck, her left shoulder, or her spine. That area was his target. Idoya came from Haven's right side, and she took was looking to bite. She aimed lower, however. Her gaze focused on Haven's right hind leg, and she aimed her fangs for the tender area just above the bend of the leg. There was a buildup of muscle there that she intended to do some damage to.

If Iago's fangs landed successfully, then his hind paws would dig into the ground to try and stop the forward movement. His left forepaw would swing up to strike at Haven's face in an attempt to disorient her. If he missed, then he would switch his targeted area. He would lunge at her face.

If Idoya bit Haven's leg then she would tighten her jaws, clenching down before grinding them against each other. She wanted to damage those muscles or at least tear through flesh and draw a greta amount of blood. If she missed, however, then she would attempt another bite for a leg, though not necessarily the same one. She would attack whichever hind leg would be closer to her at the time.
Iago and Idoya
Played by Darktouch since November 20, 2010

Offline Gyr

• Hero
  • Damn The Torpedoes!
  • Liked: 4080
  • Likes Given: 3595
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 08:45:38 PM »
Quiet.

Not good, no, the silence was not good for most beasts.  Silence usually brought death, or tyranny, or some kind of horrible fate that made the crickets and birds stop chirping.  It was quiet where he was, but in the distance he could hear a shuffle occuring, and as if he was suddenly possesed by a beast of speed, he took off.  His mouth watered at the thought of grabbing someones neck or leg, anything would do really.  He wasn't picky about the parts of the body that he could rip, and shred, just as long as he was allowed to do so he was happy.  

There was an unusual feeling lingering in the air as well, it was tangible, he liked it.  Hate.  It had fueled fueds for generations, and now he was in the midst of yet another war filled with turmoil.  Two sides of the specrtum, the good, and the bad. What side he was on, he didn't care, not now.  Now was the time to cause chaos and confusion, now was the time for him to attack.

Approaching the scene, he surveyed the scene.  One male was being attacked by a bigger female, with a grudge. The other, a female attacked by two.  Taking in the scene, he debated on who to attack, and who to spare.

Smiling, the white male lunged toward Jaromir and the female. "Even the odds now darlin'.  High ho silver!" To others it was mindless banter, but it was a war cry to him, he wasn't going to go into a fight without announcing his arrival, especially when attacking a male as large as Jaromir.  Murdock's jaws were opened in a sickening smile as he aimed for Jaromir's tail.  He didn't dare get in the way of his attack partner.  No.  He would merely antagonize the large brute, and try to throw him onto a blind rage.  Yes, that would be fun!  If his attack landed, he would shake his head back and forth as if tearing off a piece of meat, and try to rip Jaromir's tail off.  All the while, he'd be laughing under his breath, this was going to be the best day of his life.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:58:45 PM by Foxtrot »

Offline Kashmir

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • La nuit du chasseur
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 05:34:54 AM »
Nobody had asked him to follow.

The peacekeepers had gone at this alone, two stern paladins against whatever pathetic half-starved deformed display the renegades managed to roll over and cough up when prodded expectantly with a stick. So much righteous hatred and all they could do was snatch up a captive or two, throttle them for a while, then immediately fumble and lose every last one? They could bleat on their rusty little horn all they wanted, for Kashmir had heard it all before: Inaria is weak, Inaria is lazy, Inaria is full of evil unfair bastards. This was all so much propaganda to him; the terrorists had violated their sanctuary and KILLED THEIR KING and this was all he would ever need to know about them.

He tracked them effortlessly, rolling along with a stealthy lope, pausing only to observe in passing the decaying corpse of one renegade sprawled upon the borderline. Kash had sniffed the gaping wound in its maggot-infested throat and connected it seamlessly with the reek of the invader's blood spilled onto the earth by Haven, identification complete. What then did this mean? What malice was this? It had turned on its creators, and... on its allies as well? What was happening? The jackal left the dead beast for the scavengers once more, emotions troubled and dark, and it lent a new unholy brightness to yellow eyes as he advanced upon the incursion in a mile-eating lope...

There.

They were attacking, those abominations, with the little they had left, and innately the interloper understood that this would be it, the final battle, the determining factor in their entire altercation. Springing from the violet underbrush, he gave a distinctly unwolflike scream and aimed with deadly precision for Ibis's face in passing, hopefully gouging out a mad eye.

Hit or miss, it wouldn't matter, he was darting viciously every which way, tearing around the battlefield like a striped whirlwind, never in one place for more than a moment. Intended now to corner whichever twin assaulted the side of Haven unguarded by Jaromir's massive presence, likely Iago, attempting to snake close to his chest, leap up, and bite fatally into the soft throat. If this strike failed, however, he would keep pursuing, ducking low to grab onto the enemy's leg and shred flesh, tendons, muscle.

EXTERMINATE THIS NEST.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:30:06 PM by Kotake »

Who loved, who suffer’d countless ills
Who battled for the True, the Just
Be blown about the desert dust
Or seal’d within the iron hills

Played by Kotake

Offline Haven

• Leader
  • Master
  • rise again.
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 02:13:41 PM »
As confident and brassy and lovely as they were, they were still subject to nature's cruel laws, and while the Inarians were good and noble and liked to fight fair when they could, they were still subject to the less-than-noble attacks of the renegades, their brethren in some aspects, all born here in this place, but yet so vastly separated. By their prejudices and their histories, by the two separate evolutionary lines: engineered and natural.

The less-than-noble attacks began when a dirty white she-wolf launched herself and Jaromir, and when two grey-blue half-breeds attacked the golden dire from either side. She sensed movement, ally movement, towards the male attacker who at that moment was intercepted, so she focused the brunt of her momentum against Idoya in a tactical and surprisingly graceful assault. As the wolf's mouth reached out at her rear leg, Haven would reach out for the attacker's closest rear leg as well, turning the two wolves into a circle of momentum. But instead of aiming for the leg (the muscular thigh of which Idoya had torn on the golden wolf, breaking flesh, but not gaining a hold) she would aim for a hind paw. The goal was to crush it completely in her mouth, splitting those thin little bones into useless shards that would sting at every step. Render it useless. Render these wolves obsolete.

Making it so that the half-blackblood could not escape. She would die on these lands.

Whether the attack hit or miss, Haven would jolt forward again. The sting in her leg was painful, but was not enough to maim, and so it was with all the power of the dire breeding that Haven would try to clamp down this time just above her former target - the ankle - with it's similarly fragile bones and the addition of the relatively large artery running that usually powered the momentous steps of the blackblood but would hopefully now prove her downfall.

Phasers were set to kill - if Haven's jaws touched on either attack, she would lock down hard like a vicegrip and give Idoya a good, strong shake, hopefully destroying what balance remained.

She moved like a hawk in flight, gold eyes glinting, fangs like talons trained to sunder. Movements swift and powerful, pelt sparkling like golden feathers in the sunlight, now accented by the viscous red of blood, trailing down her leg in dripping lines, racing to see which drop would reach the ground at her toes first.

Here was home, and these wolves were trying to take it away from her. Never again. NEVER AGAIN.

THIS IS WAR and we are all going to be polite as hell about it or SO HELP ME GOD.

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 926
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 11:02:11 PM »
The soldiers had been called to battle, and the formation had been made. Granted, not all of those that were volunteered to be in the group to face the Renegades were soldiers, but they were as willing to fight as any good warrior. Holding the actual rank of Soldier, Moons felt glad to be able to fight alongside these wolves, these members of the pack she called home. They were all willing to fight to keep their land, to protect themselves and others from these attackers. Just knowing that they'd soon be facing the very same wolves that had ambushed Moons both gave her some anxiety and some relief. She wasn't fearless, far from it. She was worried about the safety of the others, the safety of the pack as a whole. But she could recognize when something like this had to be done. As much as she didn't enjoy fighting, this had to be accomplished. The enemies had to be driven out.

Determination fueled her forward, even when she felt she didn't deserve to be given the position of leading the group that was headed towards the borders, along with Blaise. But she took it the best she could, and hoped she was doing at least a decent job at it. She didn't feel competent enough to be a leader, but being in the position of one (even if briefly), she wanted to at least do the right thing. Needless to say, she would be glad when this was all over. Maybe then she could really relax herself.

As they ran at an easy pace towards where she had last encountered the Renegades, Moons thought about Liulfr. It worried her that he hadn't been anywhere nearby during all of this. She had really wanted to see him at least once, to know he was safe. Not seeing him at all only brought more worry to her. And her friends... well, more of her friends. She had already seen some of them. But there were others she worried about as well. Where were all of the ones she knew? She worried deeply for them all... but she couldn't lose focus now. Not when the stakes were so high. Just as she brought her own mind into the present, her ears perked forward and her gaze narrowed. There was a fight going on nearby. And it involved multiple opponents. This had to be it. This was the battle they were all waiting for.

Without realizing it, her lips had lifted in a slight snarl. Oddly enough, she now felt a little calmer than before. It was like she was becoming more focused on what she had to do now. It wasn't long before Moons caught sight of the many wolves engaged in a deadly battle. Quickly she picked up on those she knew, but there wasn't time to focus fully on them. Her target was the enemies. The Renegades. A growl emanated from her throat and she leaped at the one she was nearest, Idayo. Hopefully it would help out Haven in this battle. Her jaws opened with fangs bared, aimed at either her back or her hind leg opposite the side that Haven was attacking. If she hit, Moons would clamp down and pull, hopefully unbalancing the female wolf and causing her to fall. If she missed, she would skid forward and aim to bite at her her shoulder or neck instead. Anything to throw her off balance.

Things were kicking off from here.
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline Flashsnap

• Elite Guardian of Inaria
  • Regular
  • Anger management, yes?
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 09:00:59 PM »
No one had told her come along, but she felt it was her duty. She was an Elite Guardian now and her duty was to protect those in the pack. She had promised to rid of the Renegades at the borders, but this was not considerably the borders. No, this was the home of the Renegades. There was not a soul in the world that would make her step back. Flash was sure her sister and parents were watching over her as she was the last remaining living of the family. And if she died... well, she would die in honor - reshaping this nation back up.

But she would not die here - no, the Renegades would. Flashsnap would see the golden pelt of Haven, the one that had tried to help bring this nation back up. She was brave. And Jaromir, the white-coated male, too at Haven's side. There was another Inarian - one who Flashsnap recognized so fully - Moons, and then one more Inarian - Kashmir, was it? There were four Blackbloods, their build and strength, and witty sentences flooding the battlefield. They were spineless creatures, murderous beings, and forever they will be driven from Flashsnap's home.

There were twins, she knew - Blackbloods by the smell of it. Another, the first Blackblood to arrive, seemingly nonetheless, launched at Jaromir, as did another with a gurgle of a voice, "Even the odds now darlin'.  High ho silver!" And as this Blackblood launched at Jaromir, Flashsnap launched at the Blackblood (Murdock).

The Elite Guard would attempt to grab him by the neck in a quick surprise, and once the attack landed (if it did), her jaws would shut tightly around the fur-covered throat. She would, if her height were weight were of little importance here, bite down with her forceful might and hopefully break through the skin and crush the windpipe. Flash would wait (if the attack hit) for the Renegade's blood to fill her mouth and the gurgle of the last aching breath of the Blackblood and continue once more.

If the attack, somehow, did not land, Flashsnap would turn quickly, like a dial, on her feet. If these Blackbloods were strong and built, well, in the end, the Inarians were swift and intelligent, unlike these dim-witted creations. She would jump three feet back from the Blackblood, hopefully had going his full attention to her. Her back would be facing away from the crowd, her purple eyes locked with Murdock's.

My dear, don't monologue. Just fight and forever be driven from him, body or soul.

Played by Royal since September 19th, 2009

Offline Jaromir

• Marquis of Inaria.
  • Master
  • a rock feels no pain, and an island never cries.
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2010, 11:53:56 PM »
((This thread is set before the promotions, right? Jaromir isn't beta, Haven isn't alpha, Flashsnap and Moons are guards or subordinates or whatever..? just making sure since it seems mixed and I'm playing like it is.  I'll edit him to be Marquis instead if needed.  :0))

One of them sprang at him, a creature of dirt-mottled pale fur like stained clouds, tufts soiled and as messy as the assault.  He moved like a whip, spinning almost instantly to meet the attack -- because they were on-guard, because this battle was planned and adrenaline scalded veins and there was little thought behind bloody garnet now save for the crackling compulsion of push coming to shove.  At the immediate crescendo of that motion those powerful jaws would aim to catch the other in flight, ducking under her chin to scythe jaws up.  It was an attempt to let her own momentum aid his forward slashing strike, a frenzied shake of head to dig teeth in and rip them and draw a bloody extra mouth a length below her face.

There was a wolf struggling to bite for the leg of his would-be empress, here at the very least the creator of this struggle, the counterpart founder -- and so he would whirl whether he had successfully hit a mortal blow on the first creature or not, pale frosty lips (now marred with thick violet blood?) drawn back from teeth and gums to strike serpentine at it -- Idoya, though he cared not for gender or personality or even attitude because the Freiherr had shifted into the mode of a machine, energy and motion and thought spared only for the factory-precision

hit, miss, dodge, assault.

There was something inexorable in the dire's powerful onslaught, devoid of hate or wrath or righteous pain.  He was the foil to the jackal, no flick of tail spared for the hybrid (not now, not now, and he would understand--) because even as the crossbreed nursed his ugly grudges and manic need for the violators to be punished, Jaromir felt nothing for them.

He would kill them in the same manner as mice in a trap, because they were there and they needed to be dead.

And he would feel nothing for it.

The first two new arrivals took the other twin attacking Haven, and such spurred a reflexive slash of eye; who was left, on the field, to attempt assault on? Turned too late, Murdock's attack missing the tail as it swung away but the revolution of body put shoulder where tail and it slashed into his shoulder even as the last arrival -- that striped uppity one from before, aa yeah, no time for memory, just feelings, sensations, colors -- lunged for said Blackblood.

and so instead of dodging away, as Flashsnap attacked the final attacker, so Jaromir would launch an attack of his own, keeping head carefully low to protect neck.  He would try to slam jaws shut on the nearest foreleg of the other wolf -- to splinter and crush bones between his teeth, render the other creature immobile.  It was the best counterpart to what he assumed the packmate was going for -- that throat.

Let's see you evade her now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 11:54:48 PM by Jaromir »
I hang my coat up in the first bar,
there is no peace that I've found so far
The laughter penetrates my silence,
as drunken men find flaws in science
Their words mostly noises,
ghosts with just voices

Your words in my memory are like music to me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
played by Theral since February 2009. | tracker~

[12:37:56 AM] Kay: LOL SUN. “Setebos: I tried to get out of jury duty by saying I was good at poisoning people. Since our Marquis is a serial killer and our last Marquis choked a baby, that didn't work. I'm due in court this Tuesday.”

Offline Iago & Idoya

• The Twins
  • Initiate
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 12:51:34 AM »
The golden dire Haven whirled away from Iago, and both of his attacks on her missed. He growled in frustration, but soon enough it was his own self in need of a good dodge. A dire was charging him. Kashmir's fur brushed against Iago's as the half Blackblood leapt out of the dire's path. His maw wrinkled as he exposed his thirsting fangs, and as he moved to attack, his newest opponent struck again. This time his escape was a little less narrow. Fangs drug through the skin above his right hind paw, and the boiling blood sprung to the surface. A feral roar ripped from the male's chest as he moved to retaliate. He aimed a bite for Kashmir's leg hind leg, hoping to sink his fangs into the bunched muscle above the bend. A good bite would merit a clench of the jaws, an attempt to keep that hlold. A grace of the skin or an entire miss would cause Iago to spin around and aim a second bite, this one for an ear.

Iago gave no thought towards his sister.

Idoya was taking on quite a few opponents now. Her initial atack had not gained her more than a small amount of spilt blood, but unlike her brother, she allowed this fact to flit through her mind only in passing. She kept moving. Haven whirled after her, sending the two in a fast-paced, dizzying circle of violence. Haven's fangs only grazed Idoya's skin. Tit for tat. Funny, her blood-inkling wound was in the same place as her brothers, right above her right hind paw. They were quite the set of twins, weren't they?

The circling changed the positioning of the attackers and attackees, and so when Moons was leaping, Idoya was no longer a clear target in the dire's path. The half-Blackblood was now nearer toward the center of all of the fighting bodies, and Haven moved between Idoya and Moons for a second. This would surely cause Moons to falter--if not, she would attack her own alpha--but the dire wouldn't give up, Idoya knew. Her eyes flitted constantly about. Haven would attack again, and so would Moons.

But the change of position gave others access to Idoya as well, and one of them was quick to take advantage of such. Jaromir the white sank his fangs into Idoya's thick neck fur, and she felt his fangs pierce her skin. She instinctly ducked, ripping her skin from his jaws before they could close down and form a more permanent hold, and she threw herself backward without a thought. This was sure to cause some sort of chain reaction if Haven was still at her heels and Moons was with Haven. But Idoya's main concern now was to get away from the male, and whatever happened next, at least she would have the satisfaction of seeing him turn his fangs on another target. At least she would be down from three attackers to two.

ooc: Sorry if somethin' doesn't make sense... I had trouble pickin' through all that was goin' on ^^'
Iago and Idoya
Played by Darktouch since November 20, 2010

Offline Kashmir

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • La nuit du chasseur
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 37
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2011, 04:08:20 AM »
Every move or snap he hazarded was perfect in its honesty, for in his secret heart he understood that Haven was good, that the paladin would save them from themselves given the proper care and time. Perhaps Kashmir in his obsession with blacks and whites had developed a sixth sense for judging character in such a way, much like he could smell the telltale nervous pheromones a wolf expelled when they attempted to lie to him. And yet... so too was this whirlwind assault on the doomed renegades a socially appropriate outlet. Nobody here would question when the jackal fought and frothed like a demon, almost elated in spite of his simultaneous hatred. This was beauty, this was gorgeousness, and he was completely free in his pursuit of it, not like the guilty sneaking-offs to the neutral lands in search of prey.

He delved into the massacre and never looked back, this vigilante with the fervor of a berserker and the serene silence of a monk as he honed in on a blackblood female's filthy face, tore out her eye in a hot, slimy rivulet of gore. Didn't stay around to rejoice when she screamed, but instead bounded lithely away as though this had been the plan all along, attacking Iago less successfully, having intended to cripple, but managing only to lay open one of the freak's legs. It bellowed monstrously, venting its deranged anger just as moments ago Kash had vented his own black animosity in a screech, and came for his own significantly smaller leg in retaliation, an assault that was subsequently dodged as he pivoted around to Iago's side, always swift on his toes. Had to be, light and thin as he was compared to these dires.

For a split-second, Kashmir's lips split into a smile at the larger foe. I will murder you with a thousand cuts, said that deadly smile. I've done it before. To better monsters than you. Stronger monsters.

Teeth clipped him hard in the face then, flaying skin from the base of his ear all the way to his cheek, and the wound began to bleed immediately as Kashmir lunged again for Iago, ignoring the pain as best he could. The jackal aimed to wriggle in threateningly close, like a little weasel killing a turkey from the inside, and cleave apart that bulging jugular that serviced the blackblood's wicked heart with one snaking bite.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 05:34:59 PM by Kotake »

Who loved, who suffer’d countless ills
Who battled for the True, the Just
Be blown about the desert dust
Or seal’d within the iron hills

Played by Kotake

Offline Gyr

• Hero
  • Damn The Torpedoes!
  • Liked: 4080
  • Likes Given: 3595
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 09:15:40 PM »
[Sorry about that.]

It was quite a sight to behold, all the teeth gnashing and snarls being thrown about.  This is the kind of excitement that he was wanting.  Except for the fact that he had missed his mark, trythfully though he really hadn't been trying that hard, he merely wanted in on this little debacle.  A quick twist from his great white friend, and Jaromir's shoulder went where his tail had been, what an unlikely surprise!  Murdock tasted the disgusting taste of his own kind's blood in his mouth, as Jaromirs shoulder slashed against his teeth.  Murdock was beginning to get giddy, but the moment soon departed as another, smaller wolf, launched herself at him.  He had just been able to detect her out of the corner of his eye, since they seemed to be going everywhere at the moment, and he had pulled back his head just enough that her fangs had just grazed his throat.  Of course it was a great enough attack to cause damage.  Blood began to leak out of Murdocks neck, and that just got his adrenaline pumping more.  He didn't want to get back at the she wolf, he just merely wanted to stir up the bee hive a little more. 

His eyes met the females purple ones as she turned on a whim, and then BAM, a stabbing, horrible kind of pain was creeping up his left foreleg.  He wanted to keep his eyes on the pretty purple eyed wolf, but the pain caused him to loose all sence of radical thinking, and he looked down at what exactly had latched itself nto his leg.  His first thought was a bear, but no, that's silly, why would a bear be here? Then it dawned on him, the great white wolf that he had tried to play tail tag with earlier.  He looked down and whaddyaknow, there he was, latched on tightly to Murdock's leg.

CRACK

Well there it went.

Murdocks leg was shattered, into how many pieces, he would never know, but the simplicity of it all was he didn't plea for mercy.  No, he stood there peering down at Jaromir with a crap eating grin on his face, almost as if the pain caused him ecstacy, which it in fact did.  At this point he didn't care what the purple eyed pretty was doing, he lowered his head with his tongue lolling out and attempted to lick Jaromir on the top of his head. Assuming it would still be there after the sickening crack sound.  He wanted to thank the great white wolf for breaking his leg.  Even though his wound caused him to scream in pain, he did it with a smile on his face. 

Offline Haven

• Leader
  • Master
  • rise again.
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 11:03:09 PM »
It was all a multicolored blur, whites and golds and green-grays and blues, the din erupting where there had once been silence, and Haven was the intermediate between her two most trusted companions. She had the composure and focus and chilled blood of her white beta, but beneath that cold and calculating shell was the passionate core and silent rage of the jackal-spawn that had just taken the eye of the dirty renegade, causing blood to pour from his mouth. She did not take joy in this bloodbath, as Kashmir did, but neither was it Jaromir's dispassionate rat-trap. This was a battle for a cause - victory was reason for celebration, not the battle itself, because the battle itself was a justified means to a righteous end and she was fighting not because it simply needed to be done, like poison on an ant hill and not because she wanted to do it and coat her face in blood once again, but because it was THE RIGHT THING TO DO. And therefore the only option. Her fight with Dragon had had a twist of vengeance and redemption coiled into its seams, but this fight was a wholly a matter of protecting the remaining Inarians, because she loved them. She loved Jaromir and Kashmir and Nikolai and Flashnap and Kita and Blaise because they were the only family that she had.

It would be best if this were brief and as efficient as possible.

Idoya had spun around and Haven had followed, inadvertently blocking her friend Moons. There would be time for apologies later. The paladin hesitated not for a second, her momentum continued flawlessly towards her target. She heard Jaromir's jaws snap down on the renegade's scruff and saw his bulk sailing forwards, and like synchronized missiles, as soon as his teeth were off of the enemy, Haven's would seek to lash out at her once again, ready to rip and sunder and destroy and decimate - anything to protect her charges, her country, her family.

If this first attack missed, she would not stray from her target. She would launch herself again, aiming for the throat, the face, soft gut, whatever she could grab that would cause severe bleeding. Her own small wound began to irritate her, but she would not allow the slow leak of red to slow her now.

The Inarians outnumbered the renegades, and despite their smaller size, there was much battle experience among them. And they would remove these creatures that had not once, but twice slain the offspring of Whitewind and therefore the crown of Inaria.

Offline .Eve.

• When the end of the world came
  • Pack Alpha
  • Hero
  • We all just looked kinda relieved.
  • Liked: 4135
  • Likes Given: 2111
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 11:41:45 PM »
When the realization that she was actually here, actually doing this, finally hit her, Ibis suddenly had a strange churning in her gut. When one sets their entire life building up to one great goal, there is an immense pressure on the moment  to live up to the years of expectations. Suddenly all the idealization and wistful sighs and bouts of consuming rage were faced with what they desired -

and it was not as expected.

She did not recognize any of these faces, but she imagined the families they had destroyed, families like hers, and it kept her moving. She was nervous, this was her moment, SHE HAD TO WIN she HAD to because if she didn't then what about her mother? What about her mother? And it was in the moment that her assault was interrupted by jaws around her throat, and in that moment it truly sank upon her shoulders that her mother...her mother was dead and that she was probably about to be as well.

She feigned just in time, avoided that death-grip by a fraction of an inch and a fraction of a second, Jaromir's teeth scraping instead across the front of her chin, little dribble of blood staining and scarring the already stained and scarred face.

But it was not enough - the feign that had saved her life would potentially end it, tangled up in a no-win situation because no matter how fiction likes to protest, no-win situations DO exist. The feign put her body in the perfect position for an unexpected opponent to enter the fray and neatly decimate her face before non-chalantly skipping away.

She hated that nonchalance, hated the dismissal so quick, but these thoughts could barely emerge to the surface of her brain because the majority of that gray matter was filled up with nothing but PAIN and suddenly half of her vision went black and she felt a single strand of ocular muscle dangle limply in a now-dead socket.

She couldn't even scream, staggered for a brief second and then trudged ahead once more. Jaromir and Kashmir were both in motion so this time she would go for the wolf that was closest and that wolf...had purple eyes and a black pelt and an ugly expression. Half-blind and half-conscious, she launched herself kamikaze style at the elite.

but she couldn't muster the same dread enthusiasm she'd had collected before the battle began, because somewhere in the moment she'd lost her eye, she realized that she was probably going to die here, and even if she lived, it wouldn't bring her family back together. Nothing could.

Do I wear it on my ankle?
Do I walk into sea?
                   Listen closely to your love
                   Try very hard to see.
Can I just put it away?
                   You can try to set it apart from you
                  But it will always stay.
My love is like an open wound
My love is full of tears and pain