Author Topic: Risk Calculations [Abdiel; Bondless]  (Read 1058 times)

Offline ≈ Acetone ≈

• Judge Logos of       Oukoku-Kai
  • Apprentice
  • It's all business. Everything.
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Risk Calculations [Abdiel; Bondless]
« on: September 15, 2010, 12:29:30 AM »
OOC: Acetone is looking for bonds. This is open to bondless, youth, and repentant slaves.

Logically, it did not make sense. In a world of bonds, one would assume that any intelligent soul would have accomplished for himself and his true bond a greater household, replenished with the strength of numbers that even slaves could often provide, over the course of a season. Houses were everything here. Your family, your livelihood, even your trustworthiness and respect could be tied in to the beads through which you were strung, and so it was frustrating that Anansi had not found himself additional members to accompany the pair on their road to success.

Instead, he had disappeared, barely showing his face for the longest while, and last interacting with his samurai only out of necessity when the captain had called them to battle. The shogun neglected the younger and, as a result, weakened the emotional ties that might have kept the two close. A good father cared for his children. Acetone had already lost his biological parents, an ache that hit him deeper than he was apt to admit. Anansi might have flew in at that advantageous moment to claim bits of the boy's vulnerable heart, secured his loyalty and the appearance of love. But no. The older jin remained absent, silent, gone.

You just didn't screw up an opportunity like that, should never ruin your single chance to have subjective sway over Acetone. Those circumstances came at most once, if ever and it was perhaps too late to rope him back in. So while, at least for the time being, the jin did not attempt to break free from his true bond, though admittedly the thought had crossed his mind, he would do what was intelligent by calculation and build himself a foundation for the future. Acetone would achieve what Anansi had failed in doing: a powerhouse of bodies loyal to their head, who he would mentor and delicately foster into being the wolves that would most benefit him... For their sake, and for his.

Sitting, quite pleasantly, with a look of determination complimenting his charming social disposition, he called to the bondless and slaves of Oukoku. Words were not necessary -- a howl told his story better than oration. Others would know to come to him. And as he was reasonably near the altitudes, should a slave and officer be on a stroll, the former would be open to attend as well. Though of course, worthiness was a fickle thing. Slaves and bondless alike would have to intrigue him today, ideally from the moment they appeared before him, if they were to enter into his family. Enix bless this fine occasion.
CHARACTER PROFILE
Currently played by Sky

Offline ≈ Skylight Sparkle ≈

• Hero
  • Liked: 282
  • Likes Given: 629
Re: Risk Calculations [Abdiel; Bondless]
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 12:29:59 AM »
Abdeil

Black and gray paws moved over the ground in a dragging like way. He was in no rush today. Why should he be. Ice blue eyes stared straight ahead of him. Every once in a while he would notice a wolf pass him but really paid them no mind. Why should he? They had work to do unlike him. He was nothing more than a bondless on this land. Not really belonging but still here. A sigh left the half parted muzzle as Timber/blackblood cross leaned his lithe body against a nearby tree. The wind rushed by pushing his black,gray and white fur to the side and carrying scents of the valley to him. So many scents. So many wolves. Death Valley was probably the biggest pack that Abdiel had ever stumbled upon. And he had gotten lucky enough to join this big pack. But he wanted something to do. His claws came out and raked across the dirt pulling it up underneath his paws. He let out a small grumble of irritation before picking himself up off the tree.

With a sigh he started to walk again. He wasn't really paying attention to what he was doing as he walked. Blind to everything else around him. His head swam with thoughts of his past. How he lived out in the red mountains with no one but his mother, father and two younger brothers. Not even worthy to be called a pack. Why had his parents not searched for a pack of their own? Did they want to stay loners for the rest of their lives(God rest their souls)? Abdiel could not think why someone would want to stay a loner for the rest of their lives. To stay by themselves and not share the value of belonging to a pack. To be able to help out others. Do things that you couldn't do by yourself. So far, Abdiel loved his pack life. This was the right pack for him. He knew it. The wind rushed by him again this time carrying the scent of a wolf that was close by but wasn't moving. Abdiels ice blue eyes searched but found nothing.

Thats when he heard it.

A howl pierced the air around him and Abdiel could feel a shiver run down his spine. Who was calling? Curiosity took over and Abdiel turned in the direction of the howl and started to it. What he came by was another male wolf. By the look of him he did hold a higher rank than him so Abdiel bowed his head slightly as he made himself known to the other wolf. His ice blue eyes stayed on the other wolf as he picked his head up again. "Good evening. Names Abdiel."He said in a polite, or as polite as he could muster, tone a small smile spreading onto his muzzle.
Status: Lost my grandpa, lost our two-year-old cat, losing a place to live and soon to lose my mind...

Sky is the F1 key. Bringin' the truth whenever you need it.
Oni Azuhel says:
Then mercy would be
...no... this is..... my child... 8}
myne... 8|
Sky says:
"... Okay. What're you going to do with it?" =p
Oni Azuhel says:
"....raise it. This one won't die. Kotake is the father."

.: Acetone | Ecco | Skyzhara | Guttersnipe | Mordecai | Sakhmet | Zashi | Vetis | Blackthorn :.

Member since June 2, 2005

• Hero
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:30:33 AM »
WINRSK

His cool eyes stared off into the sun. It was big, bright, and yellow. He needed to get smarter, faster, stronger than ever before. His tongue lapped his mouth as he licked the new blood off his mouth. It was rabbits blood. Fangs shown with dignity towards others. He needed a bond. He was looking for one. Everything was about houses. You needed one. They were like your family that you never had. His mouth licked the sides of his palms like rattle snakes. he wanted to meet something more better. 'What a frickin' dump this is. Work. Work. Thats all they frickin' do around here. What is the point of living in here?' He thought to himself as he passed the sun. White paws lapped the earth with smooth pads of black.

He was looking at the borders. No wolf was ever allowed, only if they have their blood marking allowing them to enter through safe territories. But then again, bonds are there to help them along the way. He had seen those who have frequently tried to pass judgement and impress the Hawks. But nonetheless, he was always watching for bondlesses. He opened his eyes wide and clear. To reveal sharp fangs that they glistened before the age of dawn. He saw a wolf, with all different variations of gray. 'What a pathetic wolf that is. I must exterminate him.' He thought. That wolf probably had no frickin' rank except the lowly class.

"What are you doing filth? Are you even supposed to be here? State answers quickly before I slit your gosh damn throat. And on't think I won't, an Ashigaru will never give up that chance."

He stared blankly at the wolf. A deep, poisonous growl left the back of his throat. But then he noticed another wolf. He stared at this peculiar sight. His tongue unfolded like he was some kind of hillbilly. His fangs glistened but he didn't care.

"A bondless seeking for a bond? Might I ask your name? Mine is Winrsk. Ashigaru of Death Valley. At your service."

Then he heard a howl. It pierced his rough ears and went through him. It was like he was trying to kill him without even thinking of fighting.

"A bearer mark for a bondless. Greetings."
Status: Lost my grandpa, lost our two-year-old cat, losing a place to live and soon to lose my mind...

Oni Azuhel says:
Then mercy would be
myne... 8|
Sky says:
Oni Azuhel says:

.: Acetone | Ecco | Skyzhara | Guttersnipe | Mordecai | Sakhmet | Zashi | Vetis | Blackthorn :.

Offline ≈ Acetone ≈

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 12:30:58 AM »
One feels the bite of the flea before locating the irritant's location for a healthy removal. In the same sense, Acetone heard the gnat shouting nearby before seeing him, and as a natural response twisted his head to the side to meet the encounter eye to eye. Was it within the loud one's right to harass bondless? Oh, certainly. They without rank were targets to be chastised, reprimanded, and toyed with at the will of their superiors. In many cases it built the former's character; in others, served the oh so humble purpose of passing the latter's time.

But some wolves treated their hours more delicately than others. The jin wasn't about to waste them, nor his effort, on useless banter with bondless. If they needed to be put in line, he did so for the sake of training, not ego. And this wolf, this Winrsk, apparently instead fell in with the majority of his colleagues and favored a false impression of self-confidence over a logical exhaustion of resources. How unfortunate.

"I was unaware," Acetone began, in a calm and subtle, but undeniably snide sarcasm typical of his voice, particularly when indicating a degree of displeasure, "that ashigaru were taught to be so loud."

Both responses from the subject of his comment and from the bondless would be evaluated. They were within a casual talking distance, now. The quiet one introduced himself as Abdiel -- polite, reasonable, submissive. Appropriate. Whether or not he reacted to Winrsk's rude introduction, the scene would say something about Abdiel's personality, and so Acetone would be watching. If the greyscale canine were capable and willing to proactively learn the ways of Oukoku, and if their personalities served one another well enough, there was potential for this one to join his household. He would have to wait and see.

Acetone then introduced himself to both of the wolves before him. Although the ashigaru paved a rough impression, he was still of rank, and therefore not one to ignore. The businessman wasn't about to forget his manners.

"I am Acetone... And a jin." The focus shifted to the lowest in the group. Between his posture and the lack of another wolf's scent on his skin, the assumption that Abdiel was without a house seemed valid. "You are bondless, are you not?" It was a statement, more than a question; Acetone was confident in his assessment. "Tell me about yourself. Your aspirations, accomplishments, anything you could consider to be... relevant."
CHARACTER PROFILE
Currently played by Sky

• Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:25 AM »
ABDIEL

"What are you doing filth? Are you even supposed to be here? State answers quickly before I slit your gosh damn throat. And don't think I won't, an Ashigaru will never give up that chance."

Abdiel couldnt help but let a frown cross his muzzle as he turned his head to face the one that had talking to him like that. Yeah he was a higher rank. He could see that. But it didn't mean he had to go around being a loud prudent ass. Abdiel only rolled his icy blue eyes not even bothering with answering back to the stubborn fool. It was no use. Didn't want to inflate the brutes ego any more than it already was now did he. He was an ashigaru? Big deal. Like he didn't see those all over the place. He let out a small huff towards the other wolf his ears falling back slightly against his head. He really wasn't in the mood to put up with him right now. But he knew he wasn't going to be able to do anything back. His ears shot up when another voice, the one that had howled, spoke.

"I was unaware,""that ashigaru were taught to be so loud."

Abdiel couldnt help but give a small subtle smirk in the loud mouthed wolves direction. He couldnt help it. He knew that the other wolf was of higher rank than him and that talking back would get him killed so he decided it would be right to keep his mouth shut. Didn't mean he wasn't going to smirk at the smug bastard. Watching others get fussed at was just to damn funny to him. But now it was time to straighten up. He picked himself up more turning to face the jin as he spoke again.

"I am Acetone... And a jin.""You are bondless, are you not?" "Tell me about yourself. Your aspirations, accomplishments, anything you could consider to be... relevant."

So this ones name was Acetone and he was right about him being a jin. The wolfs next question really wasn't a question but more like a statement so Abdiel only gave a short nod of his head. The next thing the wolf said caught hm a little off guard. Tell him about himself. What about him? Nothing about him was all that great. Better start with something though. "My goal is to become stronger than I am now. To be useful not just be a sideline character,"His lip pulled back very slightly as he thought things over. "I hardly doubt I have had any accomplishments while within this pack. The only accomplishment I say I made was killing my father before I even came to this pack.But I want to change that. There were Im actually used for something. Do anything" He then shut up and waited for the other to speak. He probably sounded like an idiot but what he said was true about himself. He wasn't as great as all these other wolves about and he wasn't about to boast his ego by making up stupid crap.

Oni Azuhel says:
Then mercy would be
myne... 8|
Sky says:
Oni Azuhel says:

Offline ≈ Acetone ≈

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 12:32:03 AM »
The jin was appreciative of Abdiel's silence as an answer to the ashigaru's raucous display. That disturbance need not be fueled by the whimpering of lesser wolves, particularly not after Acetone had already addressed the concern. Surprisingly, Winrsk was unresponsive to the comment, apparently having been shut up and put in his place so thoroughly that he turned around and, without too much complaint but an evident tension in his walk, left the remaining two members alone. The way Acetone figured, Winrsk likely thrived on attention and self-glorification, and when things did not go his way, a hasty retreat was the comfortable, perhaps even common result. There were so many others exactly like him. They sucked away resources and gave little back to the community... It was ridiculous. But now, there were other events at hand. No sense in linger on the stupidity of others.

'My goal is to become stronger than I am now. To be useful not just be a sideline character. I hardly doubt I have had any accomplishments while within this pack. The only accomplishment I say I made was killing my father before I even came to this pack. But I want to change that. That way I'm actually used for something. Do anything.'

How incredibly mundane. It was an answer to be expected -- reciting the silly aspiration scriptures, as many other bondless did, in the cause of catching the eye of their superiors, spouting out the desire to be something "more" and to be used like a tool by their house fathers. It was neither problematic nor satisfying to listen to the predictable rambling. The story at which Abdiel alluded, namely whatever background existed for the killing of his biological father, even in its prime likely couldn't offer much in the way of achievements. Heathens outside Oukoku's borders weren't assumed to be intelligent; to take down the blind and the deaf was a feat almost embarrassing to the hunter, should he embellish the act. So all it affirmed what that Abdiel, when faced with a suitable reason and opportunity, was willing to take another's life... It was a start, but far from exemplifying a complete package. But then, what could one expect from a bondless?

"It is easy to make those claims, but what skills do you possess to help you achieve your goals? And what of your loyalty? You've already killed off the only apparent 'father figure' in your life." The tone of conversation become fairly serious. "I'm interested in building a house. This can hardly come as a surprise to you. But I'm not about to bond fools who will cause its foundation to crumble."

Impress me.
CHARACTER PROFILE
Currently played by Sky

• Hero
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 01:17:35 AM »
OOC || I completely encourage us reposting our own posts to clean this up. So feel free to post your first response at the bottom of this and delete the associated post above, and I'll do the same alternating, until we get all the posts back... But at least this way, the information is saved.

Oni Azuhel says:
Then mercy would be
myne... 8|
Sky says:
Oni Azuhel says: