Author Topic: Shula vs. Thorn  (Read 1036 times)

Offline [akante] [hiatus]

• 5ever with loverly.

• Hero
  • (「`・△・´)「
    • My status
    • etkri @ dA
  • Liked: 3166
  • Likes Given: 3084
Shula vs. Thorn
« on: April 30, 2011, 05:54:39 PM »
This is a fight thread between Shula of Ankria vs Thorn of the Darkling Pack over land currently owned by Ankria.

This is a 1 on 1 fight. Each side may bring one supporter and witness to the fight.  This Supporter/Witness are only to watch and are not allowed to enter the fight at any time.

The marshland fight rules apply.  Please make sure you have read over all rules regarding posting requirements on length, spelling and grammar.  Please write your fight posts out as detailed and clear as possible.  At anytime an organizer may lock the thread if a complaint is made that requires the thread to be reread.  Unless an action by a fighter is deemed quite serious each SIDE/TEAM may be asked to make corrections to posts involving vague/hard to understand statements within the post, autos etc.  These are individually determined by one or more organizers.

Each individual has the right to edit their fight post any time within exactly FIVE HOURS from the time they posted it.  Any editing of a post after five hours without the okay of an organizer is automatic loss.

A fight thread automatically ends when one character dies, when a thread has been up and active up to ten weeks, OR when one fighter on either side fails to post within EXACTLY 10 days of the last RP post.

Special Terms:
If Thorn loses, Shula will capture and maim him. If Shula loses, Thorn will capture her as his prisoner.

This is a NO-CONSENT fight, meaning individuals may maim and/or kill without permission, may the best fighter win!

For organization purposes, this fight's Ten Week Limit ends on July 9th.

+ Tortuga! [pack]
+ commissions. [open]
+ le bin.
+ Dream Guardians.
+ activity updates.

+ rockin' ids since sept. 27th, 2007, 5:48pm~

Offline Kero

• THE Chibi Goddess
  • Hero
  • "Nightmares are not just when you sleep..."
    • My status
  • Liked: 83
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: Shula vs. Thorn
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »
   Streams of sunlight peeking over the horizon finally signaled the start of a new day and the start of the fight to come. Shula had gone to asked the slave to come and watch. Odd, wasn't it? Ask the prisoner of her last challenge to come and watch this one. It could have been taken any way... she could have planned to have Taramo watched ontop of the mangrove roots so he would know she was not weak like he initially thought, or maybe to deflate any ideas he had of escaping. The truth though, was that she did not fully trust him, but this was his chance. If after the match their new prisoner tried to escape, Shula was hoping Taramo would help. If he did, he would almost guaranteed to gain some of her trust, and perhaps get out of being a slave. Taken in as a real member. If he got up higher, perhaps she would even allow a visit for him to see his family... if things went well and there were no... complications. She could possibly even allow him to bring his pups and mate to Ankria so they could be together. Family was something no one should be without and as much as Shula hated that particular rule of Ankria, there was no rule saying she couldn't bend things a little. Well... she would discuss it with Taramo later, if he helped out after the fight. Nearly lost in thought, the brown female nearly tripped on one of the roots of a mangrove tree. Finally, she was here.

The area she had chosen was a beauty to behold in its own right. Behind her lay a wall of mangrove trees and roots which crisscrossed this way and that, making manuevering over it hard unless you were paying extremely close attention to where you stepped. All around was sandbanks filled with a forest of reeds and cattails, making it hard to see. It was early morning so a thin layer of water coated the banks up to the ankles of the empress. By noon the water would receed, but for now it also played a factor in the game. She immediately taken to a defensive pose, using her nose to sniff and her ears to listen. Eyes would be nearly useless in this place she had chosen, they would have to rely on their other senses to hear their opponent coming before it was too late. If the fight went closer to the river, the reeds would be gone but the water would be higher and it was possible crocodiles could be sunbathing on the beach. Unless the challenger had lost his mind, she doubted they would be going out that far. Now the wait began...

Offline Taramo, the Selfless

• In memoriam.
  • Master
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 11:23:42 AM »
((I am the Witness to this fight))

'I remember this feeling.' Thought Taramo and he leaped on top of the roots of the mangrove trees. The calm before the battle, the suspense, the anticipation. It was intoxicating, it was a great feeling. But he wasn't the one fighting, His lord, Empress Shula was the one fighting to protect her land. Taramo was just a spectator today. He wondered why she had asked him to watch this fight. From what he could tell Shula didn't even really trust him. This was probably a test to see where his loyalties lied. With Ankria or his own interests. He would do as he was told, if it was the only way to get home. Taramo stood next to Shula atop the roots and looked at her with his good eye. "I still don't know why you asked me to watch this, but I will do as instructed my lord." Deep down he was torn, he wanted the other pack to win, but at the same time he knew if he did a good job here his chances of going free were higher, also, he will have made some, 'friends'. He had grown to look to Shula as a leader, someone to follow. A good example of a leader.

Shula was strong, with a past not so different from his, he assumed. Filled with pain, and sorrow. This feeds the heart with the endurance and the will to do what ever it takes to fight and die form something you believe in. Thats why she was strong, she believed in her pack. As she stepped down she almost tripped and fell Taramo couldn't help but snicker a bit as she recovered. "Fight hard." Taramo waited for the fight to begin. 'This is going to be a quite a ride.'
"If there is one thing I know... family is all you have...
and that, is the one thing worth fighting and dying for."

Played by Skystrike from 11/20/09 -- 02/03/12

-Thorn-

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 09:35:46 AM »
There they came. The empress had been diplomatic, intimidating, and he guessed all the other things that were supposed to scare him away, and make him think he underestimating this small young female. Even if he had, which was doubtful, so what? Take his eyes would she? The all thoughtful and diplomatic ruler would take his eyes? Charming, and almost as hypocritical as his own genius ideas.

Through some wet marshy hills and going through a lovely forest of reeds he followed her scent until he was certain she was a few more steps away. What a lovely spot she ad chosen. Of all the stops, this had to be the most disgusting. The idea was probably to trip the males larger and less agile mass into those annoying misty vegetation. Smart and ratty strategy. At least she would make it interesting for him.

With a gentle sweep the leaf leaned and made way for his hide as he appeared before the brown one. She, more alert than himself, although that was probably not an advantage. Pride never was. His still face actually had half a smile on, greeting the lovely eyes before they would gaze at him filled with hate. Black lips on black fur as they were, like usual the smile would be lost and only yellow eyes would scout her body and the land around, until they noticed a shady figure close by. For the most part, only smelling it. A male, who's mere presence irritated him. Was this the mate, crawling about. Was he about to jump on him? Thorn's nose flared and his look sharpened as his eyes jumped back on Shula.

"Is that an ambush, empress, or will your skiddish male be watching you fight male battles?"

To him it was an insult. To her it was probably a compliment. Either way his tail would rise and his claws would snap a stick as he tensed his paws. "Last words we exchange here, Shula. For your land you'll get more than you have now." Surely. A pack, the respect of a rose, but surely not dominance. And the young were keen on fighting for it all. He would know as we doing it, still. And young was no longer the description of him. Just *ss was pretty vibrant. "Or do you still prefer biting for the sake of this empty land?" Not because of much else, but this one was too much spirit, and he would hate to spoil that pelt with bite bounds. Who liked a scarred female. 
___
ooc: excuse the late reply, i'll post regularly from now on.  :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:40:30 AM by -Thorn- »

Offline Kero

• THE Chibi Goddess
  • Hero
  • "Nightmares are not just when you sleep..."
    • My status
  • Liked: 83
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:49:56 AM »
(( Terribly sorry to do with but some hard personal matters have risen up in my life and I don't think I have the time, nor the motivation, to continue Ankria as it is now. I will be leaving Ankria's land to my challenger, Taramo is no longer a prisoner and may go home to his family, and I will likely be deleting Shula from BBA... so... ya XD Congrats Noami. Perhaps we can have a good fight rp sometime in the future. ))

Offline [akante] [hiatus]

• 5ever with loverly.

• Hero
  • (「`・△・´)「
    • My status
    • etkri @ dA
  • Liked: 3166
  • Likes Given: 3084
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 02:02:45 PM »

Due to Ankria's forfeit, The Darkling Pack is declared the winner.
Congratulations Thorn, please message any Marshland Organizer with your pack information, your board will be up soon.

If there are any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact a Marshland Organizer~

+ Tortuga! [pack]
+ commissions. [open]
+ le bin.
+ Dream Guardians.
+ activity updates.

+ rockin' ids since sept. 27th, 2007, 5:48pm~