Author Topic: End of Another Survey [Repost]  (Read 701 times)

Offline Nyxsie~

• <3
  • Hero
    • My DA
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 1
End of Another Survey [Repost]
« on: September 20, 2010, 12:13:24 AM »
Ferrore
((blah short, I promise I'll do more next time :) COOPER IS NOT ALLOWED HERE BECAUSE SHE NEEDS TO REPLY TO OUR OTHER THREAD >( ))

As Ferrore's long tireless shift of Hawk duties ended, he decided to move to his favorite portion of the dark maze to rest.  A dark shadow passed him in the quick manner that other Hawks often took over their positions of surveying the borders. The fact that Ferrore had seen his follower at all meant that the creature wanted to be seen. It was a signal of Ferrore's release and had he been the wolf he used to be he would have politely yelped a thanks. However, Hawk mannerisms were different, and being the attentive sort of fellow he was he picked them up quickly. His form creaked to life as he picked up his pace slightly. The slow, methodical movements of the Hawk were getting to his joints. He took a moment to shake them out, dust shooting from his fur.

With a few more stretches he nodded to himself and his body leapt into action. His great gray paws tearing through the dirt beneath them. A great rock came into view upon the edge of the forest where the sunny, cracked terrain of Death Valley took over the scene before him. Countless wolves paced about, some making their way through the dangerous tunnels below. Ferr was sure he caught a glimpse of a Rosa as his neon yellow orbs took in the view of the pack.

His pace slowed as he approached the great rock, it top flat and smooth, weathered by the wind. Scars from wolve's claws tore down it's side though they barely make a dent in the actual surface of the stone. Gaging the height before he made his move, he took a few steps back and dashed forward. His claws scraped needlessly against the rock doing much more damage to them than the hard face. It took a little while and a lot of pulling to get up, but when he did the view was even better. The flat surface was the perfect size for his form and he could see wolves across the whole of Oukukai.

Perhaps while he relaxed he would get some visitors..
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 12:15:40 AM by Nyxsie~ »

Offline Nyxsie~

• <3
  • Hero
    • My DA
Re: End of Another Survey [Repost]
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 12:13:55 AM »
Verdus

Verdus rolled his shoulder and shook his head from side to side. Relaxing, like the Jitte had told him to, Verdus decided perhaps it was time to take a walk around the maze and see just what was going on. His ears flicked around to catch any sounds. Nothing but the quiet rumbling of the Hawks that stalked the area came back. The speckled back wolf smirked to himself. His little vacation was coming along nicely. He had become and elite Hawk. His baby steps were leading him closer and closer to glory.

But vacation sometimes got boring. Working kept anxiety away. The Jitte was always watching, always nearby. Paranoia was likely to set in on the prankster if he wasn't carefully. Nimbly following a familiar Hawk scent, Verdus decided it would be fun to check up on his peers. His slightly elevated status made him feel superior. But he did keep in mind that the Jitte giveth and taketh away without discrimination.

Instead being a pompous poophole!, he would befriend his fellow Hawk. Genuinely, of course, he didn't want them to think he was a faker.

The scent led him to a flat rock with a orange wolf relaxing. His shift was over, his partner probably was on duty now. "Howdy, sunshine." Verdus called out in a voice that held a grin. His mouth was open with a toothy smile. "Are you watching the pack? See anything of interest?" He walked closer and sat. His red eyes turned to the pack. There was always a good laugh to be had. Some of the residents were ridiculous.

Perhaps he could share a laugh with this guy.

Offline Nyxsie~

• <3
  • Hero
    • My DA
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 12:14:25 AM »
Ferrore

"Howdy, sunshine."

The friendly, familiar voice came to Ferrore just as his mind was starting to wander into the distance. His head instantly perked up, auds at full attention to take in the figure. His earthy coat was definitely a common sight! Verdus, a recently promoted Hawk whom Ferrore certainly had heard a lot about from his fellow Hawks. Apparently he had a funny bone, and that was something Ferrore appreciated. There weren't many wolves in this pack that weren't completely serious all the time. It was nice to think sometimes he could let go. After considering it for a moment he sure hoped that his fellow Hawks were right or he might get in a lot of trouble for trying to be humorous. Oh well, what the heck!

"Well I do hope that nickname doesn't stick," he said with a chuckle. Though it did suit him, he wasn't sure that sunshine was the best nickname for a Hawk. It was hard to be ominous and threatening when people called you something so.. well sunny. It was something he was sure he didn't mind Ink calling him if she so desired. His mind wrapped around the name in a lull, ohhhh Ink...  The other Hawk's voice once again interrupted, "Are you watching the pack? See anything of interest?" After a slight flinch, Ferrore realized his eyes had been directed towards the pack as his mind aimlessly swooned.

"I do believe I saw the Yellow Rosa earlier. She seems quite busy today," he replied as the grin returned to his face, "And the Captians of the Ninth Division as well!" His bright eyes returned to the scene as he watched a member he didn't recognize dart through the Tar Pits anxiously. She seemed to be doing a fairly good job considering her larger size. Even Ferrore had troubles in that place, it sure was hard to concentrate with such and awful smell filling up all your senses. A thought came to his mind, reminding him why he had recently heard Verdus's name.

"Speaking of being busy, aren't you supposed to be off on vacation my friend?" Ferrore questioned, raising a brow as his gaze moved to the wolf at his side again. He didn't mind calling his associates friends. He would much rather call them that than enemies, that was for sure. "I hope you don't consider fraternizing with the likes of me a relaxing sort of time," a deep laugh barrelled from his jaws, "I can't say I'm that enjoyable of a fellow!"

Offline Nyxsie~

• <3
  • Hero
    • My DA
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:14:57 AM »
Verdus

((OOC: I'm kinda braindead from finals, but i wanted to repsond for i forgot. ;)))

"Well I do hope that nickname doesn't stick," the male said with a chuckle that Verdus returned.Chortling at himself, he sniffed. "I think Sunshine is fitting, given your sunny disposition." He closed his eyes. Miming some of the priests' gestures, he let his front paw hover over his fellow hawk. "Aaaaah, yes, your aura is so luminous!" He cracked open one eye before he cackled at himself.

"I do believe I saw the Yellow Rosa earlier. She seems quite busy today...And the Captians of the Ninth Division as well!" He turned his red eyes with interest. Busy little bees inhabited this pack. "You know there are rumors floating around about something the Yellow Rose was planning. Supposed to be really cool. I wonder if us Hawks could get in on that..." They were friends now, Verdus could confide in Sunshine about his ambitions.

"Speaking of being busy, aren't you supposed to be off on vacation my friend?...I hope you don't consider fraternizing with the likes of me a relaxing sort of time...I can't say I'm that enjoyable of a fellow!"

Verdus laughed with him. Yes, the Jitte had been kind enough to notice and reward him. But the Hawk knew that Kathux was temperamental and all that could change with the weather and a look. "Fraternizing shmaternizing I'm supposed to be on vacation. But I really think it's up for interpretation." He could hang out with whomever he wanted. That meant he didn't hang out with slaves. Verdus could always use more friends.

"You know what else I heard around the rumor mill? That Captain Ni has taken a special interest in you..." The brown Hawk cocked his head to the side and peered at the other. The Captain was in his own house. The True Bond of his own False. While, he had never met her, he didn't really want to. He heard the Ink like to eat wolves and that gave him the willies. As thoughts crossed his mind, his head slowly rocked from side to side.

"Maybe we'll be brothers in arms soon." He said with a creepy grin, waiting to hear just what Ferrore thought of it.