Author Topic: Blood Bath [Ashigaru Recruitment]  (Read 783 times)

Offline Tatari

• E S C H A T O N
  • Regular
  • I am the silencing machine and I control you.
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 2
Blood Bath [Ashigaru Recruitment]
« on: September 18, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »

People better post this time. >>
But anyway this is open to bondless and up.
Anyone wanting a better rank and such.

Hard tawny paws ht the ground like giant boulders breaking off from the face of a mountain, the golden plains gliding along his side, caressing his dark fur with it's golden blade. The sun low in the sky bled evening light, red and bright. Piercing green eyes looked ahead, as the boiling mass hid itself behind the far off mountains. Soon the moon would be up and the sky would be illuminated by the fat white seed and it's helper stars. The boy snorted pausing for a moment to let out a yawn and perk his ears. Nothing, there was never anything at this time of day. Wolves were either running home to get inside their dens or out patrolling some unknown part of the land. Only monsters swallowed this land. At night they were the most powerful.

They were everything.

The powerful elite, the hammer of turn in times when you thought nothing was wrong. Large paws paused at the entrance of the river. Many of times he had been her before, snorting and huffing. Saving the pursued dead, watching monsters dance, and the oh-so wonderful house gathering with jealous nympho bitches. He'd come back to this place, this very place for only one purpose tonight. To watch a blood bath, he'd call upon the monsters and watch them arise as he waited for them by the river side.

A call of death.

The Captain would call upon these new creatures, and watched as blackened hands rose from all space. Long claws would dig into the ground, scratching and creasing the earth. "Warriors to be." With a tilt of his head, Tatari would release a long and loud howl. The sound bouncing from tree to rock and up into the air were it could echo all it liked. The moon, it would be rising and the games would begin. Testing them on their fighting, he'd promote the most competent.

Monsters.

The evening sky was tainted with a guillotine motion of navy blue thrusting down on reddened horizon. The stars applauded the promised deaths that would partake on the riverside tonight. Thunder rumbled beneath the background while clouds drifted hazily combating the moonlight for dominance in the sky. Rain was an imminent element, the perfect tool to run the wasted blood back into the land. Oukoku-Kai's warlord walked slowly to the battlegrounds chosen by her Captain, questioning the choice of the river, but trusting his judgment all in one swoop of her thoughts.  She was not unlike the lore Valkyrie, a chosen woman that decided which warriors died in battle and then after preyed for their souls as she delivered them onto the afterlife. However, the Yellow Rose was not an angel of death, that was the Keroberus, and she would help the Captain Yon to train their warriors so that none of their own had to be slain.

Nhu is a perplexing female. She has large paws that make it tricky to be agile and sleek, though her leg muscles are femininely defined and she also has beautiful hourglass curves from her hips to her bounty chest. But she has mastered her weaknesses of a heavyset body and approached Tatari without even a rustle of sound. She towered above him casting dark shadows across his young face, she tipped her muzzle high into the air and stood tall without motion. Her tail curved upwards and laid against her back, she waited for the telltale signs of submissive were given because he was overdo.   And then she would move on, if no submission was given she would beat him down in front of all of the prospective warriors, he may be in command of them, but she was in command of all Ashigaru, including him.

"Tatari," she would nod to him after he paid his respects.

Nhu would then sit beside her Captain as though he were one of her equals. The Yellow Rose was hardly ever seen casually treating anyone like her equal, but he had power and she liked that. She still expected every wolf that showed up to pay their adoring affection to her presence, to fawn over her every whim and lastly to wish that they were also close to her like Tatari was. Nhu believed that all warriors once they had gained her respect were her family, because on missions warrior wolves were a close knit group that ate together, shared secrets together and slept together. But because this was her first meeting with Tatari in a situation of training, she did not know how he would react. But the Captain did not have a choice on the matter because he had to obey her. But she was an ineffable Rose, a powerful component and he would be foolish to throw away the chance to scrap with her.

"I hate waiting," she said with tension in her voice.

She turned her sharp green eyes onto her Captain, pinning him in place, her impatience commanding him to speed up the arrival time of other packmates.

Black and gray paws moved over the earth slowly. Dirt was dragged up by the way he dragged his paws. What was the rush? He had nothing to do so far so he had no need to be running around like all the other wolfs. But he wish he did. Being a bondless was not the most appeasing thing to be. Looked down upon by the other wolves just cause they were lower in rank. Like they were nothing. Abdiel could prove that he could be a of some use to someone. Just how could he do that? No one around here wanted to listen to him. Another trait he found annoying. It took all his will power for him not to snap at the others for treating him like crap. The fur on the back of his neck stood up as a small growl slipped past his throat.

"Warriors to be."

Abdiels black tipped gray ears shot up. What? Warriors. Abdiels claws came out to scrape across the dirt. This was just the chance he needed. The growl on his lips quickly pulled themselves into that of a grin his blue eyes sparkling with pent up blood lust. His tongue came out and licked over sharp white fangs. Now was defiantly time to prove himself to a higher up. Abdiel turned in the direction of the howl and started off toward it. His paws carrying him forward. His ice blue eyes landed on that of a female and a male. Wait two females to be precise. He slowed himself down as he approached his erect ears catching in on the words the wolves where speaking.

"Tatari, I hate waiting,"
"Good evening. Shiva, I'm here."

So the other males name was Tatari. Guessing he was the captain. Abdiel let himself out of the shadows and made himself known to the other wolves. His ice blue eyes looked from the male then to the other two females before back to the male. "Good evening. My name is Abdiel"He let the words roll off of his tongue like water. The grin faded down into a simple smile his ice blue eyes still flickering with the same intensity that they were before. His tail flicked behind him as he bowed his head slightly to the two other wolves then gave the female beside him a smile.
"Gunfire in the street
Where we used to meet
Echoes that are beat
When the bass goes "bomb"
Right over my head
Step over the dead
Remember what you said."

- T A T A R I -

played by: waka whippet

Offline Tatari

• E S C H A T O N
  • Regular
Re: Blood Bath [Ashigaru Recruitment]
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 01:00:02 PM »
As he walked through the thick and dense jungle of the borders, he had entered the unseen world. The greens faded away with delight as the hot sunlight hit his eyes cold, and bare. Paws slid across the baren with heaps of curiosity. He grunted in a small manner and glanced forward. Wolves, wolves were working everywhere. The wind felt cool against the white fur of his body. His tension grew harder as he wound through the wolves. They were all working. His face repealed and rubber lips unfolded to white, sheering teeth. He let out a low growl, but it was interrupted by a voice. A voice of a good warrior. "Warriors to be." And then he heard a piercing howl. It shot through his ears and wafted into his brain. Your a warrior Winrsk, complete this and you will finally be the best of the frickin' best.

His padded his way toward the piercing howl. A grunt was recieved on his face. He had nothing to lose. After all, did he?Sharp fangs glistened in the white sunlight. He could already hear the wolves bowing at their assumption. He was like a dog and a bone. The bone, was the be held rank before him. And he was the dog. Never letting go of what he loved. Paws struck the dirt like boulders falling from the sky. he held his grunt in place. The wind carried everything off before himself. He was a true warrior. Born and bred under different lines of Warlords and assassins. He was supposed to be a warrior. His fighting skills would have to impress the Lead Warrior, but they would be failing if trying to impress himself.

He could see the wolves. There was the wolf that howled. he knew it. He could sense it in the smell of daylight. Then, there was a black and white wolf. It was very hard to tell. It was very hard to stare into the eyes of the wolves. Then, the black and white wolf said. "Tatari, I hate waiting." He could feel the shiver go down his back when the wolf spoke. It was like nails scratching a chalkboard. Oh so how it hurt.

"Morning. Name's Winrsk."
"Warriors to be."

The blue and white Blackblood felt he was a reborn killer and he walked towards the meeting with a silent despotion that could've been mistaken as boredom. His excitement was only betrayed by a wide grin as he sighted the first wolves. One white, the other grey and black; these were obviously the recruits that had turned up so far. He then saw the purple wolf that had called. So young and yet so confident in his rank. Beside him, one of the Scions.

Silverfrost smiled and bowed respectfully to his would-be teacher and one of his three alphas. He felt proud that an alpha was here to witness a possible promotion for him. "Lady Yellow, Captain Yon," he said. "My name is Silverfrost." He would then sit with the other two and await instructions. The evening was always the perfect time for killing, he thought. The sky would suit the ground with bloodshed.

The Fury would not aid him here, he was sure of that but the Blackblood felt that his kind were made for this sort of thing. Unaware of the stories of the Inarian breeding, he felt drawn towards fighting and was ready to impress the Yellow Rose, who he respected for being so involved in this recruitment. The other two were less important to him. All that mattered was that impressing the higher ups and gaining a rank. Until the other two become competition, that is.

Warrior.

The golden she-wolf was moving steadily up in the ranks of Oukoku-Kai. She'd started out as a vain and selfish little puppy to a steadfast and eager Hawk. But she was now no longer that maze-watching sentry, Carcis now held a rank that she felt was truly worth having. Who other than a warrior could truly protect the heart of Death Valley? Jins played with stealth and cunning, withdrawn within themselves and their rank; their arrogant natures shone out from under their skins, ugly, and patronizing. Tacticians simply thought and solved meaningless puzzles, collecting information with honeyed words relayed like gossip to their captain. It was the Ashigaru who truly protected the pack in dire times, the brute strength a necessity for over powering the weaker mongrels who chose to oppose Oukoku-Kai, yet the honor and grace to fight with ferocious savagery amongst their fellow wolves.

"Warriors to be."

Tatari's tenor howl broke the peaceful silence Carcis was sitting in. She blinked her icy blues, her ears pricked forward and her legs automatically jolted her into standing. It was a summons. Her lupine for raced to the sound of the voice, one paw after another beat the ground with furious rapidity. Her red tongue lolled out of her golden mouth, wet saliva dripping down onto the ground as the wolf ran from her nest. The sounds of rushing water reached the sensitive blue tufted ears.

"I hate waiting,"

Carcis arrived, seeing her Captain and her Deity before her. A relatively unfamiliar grey black wolf named Abdiel had arrived first, he was not yet an Ashigaru, neither was the white male, Silverfrost, an ex-heathen she had accepted into Oukoku-Kai's kingdom. Carcis strode up next to Winrsk, ice eyes only for her God. " M'lady Yellow," she dipped her head in respect. "Captain Yon." Carcis stated in a similar fashion before she addressed herself.

"Carcis, Ashigaru."

"Warriors to be."

Warriors of current, as well, I hope. Mahogany toes flexed and dug black nails into the golden, dead ground. Body leaned back, focusing its weight on the back legs. Tail swept a single time over the ground. Ears facing the Captain Yon's call. Ready... and... Now leaning forward, he shook his fur, muscles pent up and ready to snap at his mind's command. GO!

With all the speed he could muster, he bolted to the meeting. This would be fun. Meeting newbies and then hopefully munching on said newbies. He was getting a bit out of practice, a good old fashioned spar would do him nothing but good. Arriving on the scene, his copper eyes examined each wolf there. It was required that each resident of Oukoku-Kai knew the other, and he made sure he kept up with this requirement. There was one he knew without even thinking twice; "Goddess Yellow", he'd address his deity respectfully. A lowering of the neck and body accompanied the words.

All the introductions, so... boring. The Ashigaru waited for his turn to greet his captain.

Mandel then addressed his captain. "Captain Yon." Another action of the bowing variety, only less deep. Orange eyes payed little attention to Carcis and Winrsk. He knew them to be fellow Ashigaru and had little interest in knowing more about them at that very moment. He watched the ones who addressed themselves as Abdiel and Silverfrost. He'd make sure at least one of them lost a patch of skin today.

Maybe it was the savage Ashigaru coming out in him, but suddenly... the taste of wolf meat hit him hard. Hmmm. Yum. Blood was always fun to lap out of a wound, and wolf meat had a tender yet stringy texture. All together, it ranked as one of his favorite foods.

On tonight's menu; comrades.

[ew. sorry about this terrible post. trying to get into the feel of the character. <3]

Ooc||
There was no need to bump this, I know it's here.
I know I have to reply to it.
Just saying.
:/

"Tatari,"

The Captain boy's eyes raised as the large goddess walked her way toward him. It was an honor in seeing one of three of the scions, and a relief that she would be here to whip these deformities into shape along side him. With a quick shift of the paws and body weight, the boy bowed to the yellow rose. As he watched her sit by him, to powerful figures waiting for the skeletons to bring in the stragglers. Before turning his attention back to the opening of the nook. 

Get here faster.

"I hate waiting,

A flick of his ears and he watched as the yellow's black lips uttered those words. Some might have panicked at this, how could anyone make these deformities get here faster? "So do I." The boy's tone deadly and rough, any straggler caught dead arriving near the end of this meet and greet, would be forced with extra training, and cleaning up the slave quarters. The Captian's punishment, as directed.

"Good evening. My name is Abdiel"

A flex of muscles as the soldier stretched his lazy bones. Green gaze following up to this new male, deformity. Disgusting and a deformity. "Shut up, pay respects to the Yellow Rose." It wasn't a harsh or threatening tone, but Tatari did fancy the idea of using this as a way of attack. Act normal then attack.

Good plan.

"Morning. Name's Winrsk."

"You too, deformity." The slabs of slate shifted on muscle, growling lowly at the two wolves that dared not say their good wishes to the Yellow scion. The fools, it seemed they didn't understand. The Yellow Rose controlled this rank, Tatari merely whipped them into shape, like a race horse trainer. If she doesn't like what she sees. To the tar with them.

"My name is Silverfrost. Carcis, Ashigaru." "

A cold nod of his head, he was impressed with what he had been given. It was early night and already these recruits were pissing him off. These dumb deformities, like a sickness they were. It was up to Tatari to either make them, or break them. Believe me he was happy to do both. A familiar face from the mix. "Mandlebrot." A form of acknowledgment to the dark wolf. "Now, that you are all here. You must have came to become an ashigaru." The boy cut his green eyes from wolf to wolf. "I look out at all of you and all I see are deformities waiting to be fixed. I'm the only one giving you the opportunity. So if you're wasting my time..you're wasting the Yellow Rosa's time, and if you do that...I'll drop you so far down the ranks, the slaves will be able to spit on you."
[Is it okay if I still join? I had problems with my internet and just got it fixed over the weekend, but I didn't want to miss this. If not, I'll delete my post.]

He had been scouring the borders, violet eyes wary and watchful for the off chance that some unlucky creature managed to make themselves noticed by the Slaver. His paws itched to fight something, pacing for a moment to drag some poor sap into Oukoku Kai as a slave, fit only to be spit and crap upon until they learned the ways of the Valley or they died as the heathen dogs they were.

Ears would quirk, listening to the call, pondering for only a moment before following the summons. Ashigaru. Warrior for the Rosa, directed by the Yellow Rose and led by the Captain Yon. His true bond was a Warrior, the best of the best, a Senior. Alaunos would honor his house, honor his bond, and honor himself. Long strides made their way towards the call, loping easily over the ground as his pace brought him quickly to the Captian Yon. Yet, he was still the last to arrive.

Disgruntled by that fact, he would still behave appropriately. Joining the throng of wolves, the monstrous male would tilt his head, baring his throat to Nhu, the Yellow Rose, his patron Goddess. "My lady Yellow Rose," Alaunos growled softly, tail limp behind him with subordination. After offering the appropriate acknowledgment, he would turn and address Tatari as well, his position as an.... equal next to the rose forced him to make the same amendments to the leader of the Ashigaru as well. "Captain Yon," he murmured gruffly. After his greetings, he would introduce himself shortly, "I am Alaunos, true bond of the Senior Atticus and his house." The Slaver would then back up, melding within the group of wolves as he awaited orders.

A few admonishments were made when some of the members did not make the proper greetings. Alaunos made note of each wolf that was reprimanded, and those that had not been.

"Now, that you are all here. You must have came to become an ashigaru. I look out at all of you and all I see are deformities waiting to be fixed. I'm the only one giving you the opportunity. So if you're wasting my time..you're wasting the Yellow Rosa's time, and if you do that...I'll drop you so far down the ranks, the slaves will be able to spit on you." The words of the Captain were cutting, and Alaunos watched the boy warily. They were roughly the same age, yet Tatari held a very respectable power. He had been the Warden, and was now the Captain Yon. Eyes would flicker to his place beside the Rose, and Alaunos knew that he held Nhu's ear as well. A powerful wolf, one that the Slaver did not want to make an enemy of.
The fur around her nape and throat was thick like a mink scarf.  Nhu had yet to shed her winter coat and she wrestled with the bristling tendrils and stray hairs. She did not have to wait long before her adamant admirers flocked to her. She was a shepherd and these were her sheep. She first accepted a smile from the male named Abdiel. It was a weak smile and did not satisfy her lust for attention.

Shut up, pay respects to the Yellow Rose

The Yellow Rose nodded her head. She boisterously punched her paw into Tatari's shoulder as if to egg her comrade on. Her eyes narrowed in disappointment and at any prospective arriving adherents. The sheep had to try harder to stand alone in the herd and be the best follower. Winrsk was next on the scene, he was easily overlooked by the Rose, simply because he paid no heed to her.  Nhu snorted and turned her head so that her gaze fell only on Tatari, he was the only thing that didn't embody utter failure. She was even sure that at that moment they shared the same dull and unimpressed stern emotion.

Lady Yellow

That's my name, she thought to herself turning with the eagerness of a child to the call of her name. But there was nothing there to meet her expectations, no groveling, no bow and no affectionate rollovers. She bared her teeth, but quickly remembered her place and sheathed her teeth behind a tight-lipped frown.

When the one - and possibly only - female warrior approached the group Nhu's emotions elated quickly. "Finally," she stated firmly, acknowledging the polite bow and gracing the other female with a slight (barely noticeable) nod of her skull. It was no secret that Nhu preferred female warriors or females in general. She just thought that females had more drive then men, the one exception was children, male or female yearlings could always be thrust into responsibility and they would lap at it eagerly.

Another ashigaru approached the group and Nhu's tail gave an involuntary flick behind her. She was delighted to hear her name and her eyes soaked up his full body bow with delight, Mandelbrot and Carcis had appeased their Rose in every aspect. She hoped that Tatari would give them privilege over the other incompetent warrior wannabes.

Nhu listened raptly at her Captain Yon. He was attempting to strike fear into them to push them into becoming avid warriors. She liked his technique it was very precise and clean cut. She would then move to add his speech, but was rudely interrupted by a latecomer. Alaunos was not of her flock of sheep and he smelt of the greasy outside terrain. Yes, he must be a slaver she decided. He exposed his neck to her and she could have punished him for being late, but she thought an even worse sting would be to ignore him completely.

"Carcis and Mandelbrot will have privilege over the rest of you -- deformities," she tasted Tatari's word on her tongue and liked the sour flavour it left on her tongue. These wolves that had come here to see her and to take chance at becoming a warrior under Tatari were not polite at all. She wanted to show the incompetent sheep which of the flock were the leaders and Carcis and Mandelbrot would have an advantage in the training session. 

"I will pair you up for one-on-one combat. If Carcis and Mandelbrot do not want to spar with each other, they have the privilege to break up another pair to challenge someone else. The partners are: Carcis and Mandelbrot, Winrsk and Alaunos, Abdiel and Silverfrost," she said to the group.

She circled around behind Tatari moving to stand on the other side of him. The sheep were lucky that there was an even number of wannabes otherwise they would have been paired with the Captain Yon or worse, herself. She would assume that they would soon take to each other in an instant brawl and she hoped that Carcis and Mandelbrot would take the opportunity she had given them to take out of the scumbags that hadn't worshipped her as they so graciously had.

The Yellow Rose seemed unimpressed by their lack of respect towards her and this made Silverfrost feel uneasy. They hadn't even started recruitment yet and already they were under the ill grace of the Scion. The Captain snapped at the other recruits mercilessly and spoke to them all, his eyes shifting from one to the other.

"Now, that you are all here. You must have came to become an ashigaru. I look out at all of you and all I see are deformities waiting to be fixed. I'm the only one giving you the opportunity. So if you're wasting my time..you're wasting the Yellow Rosa's time, and if you do that...I'll drop you so far down the ranks, the slaves will be able to spit on you."

The blackblood cringed at the thought of slaves higher than him and he eyed his other recruits once again, they were competition and he also had secondary problems in the shape of the wolves who were obviously already in this rank. He recognized both of them: Carcis, who had accepted him and Mandelbrot, who he had seen with Axle, one of the officers when he had killed a vulture. What a nice duo. The Yellow Rose than spoke.

"Carcis and Mandelbrot will have privilege over the rest of you -- deformities, I will pair you up for one-on-one combat. If Carcis and Mandelbrot do not want to spar with each other, they have the privilege to break up another pair to challenge someone else. The partners are: Carcis and Mandelbrot, Winrsk and Alaunos, Abdiel and Silverfrost,"

Adbiel? Silverfrost looked across the see that his sparring partner was a timber mix with a pelt of black and different shades of grey marking his body. His eyes were no different to his, maybe a shade darker but Silverfrost looked him up and down, trying to determine his skills. He was half his age and Silverfrost was bigger and weighed more than him because of this and because of his pure Blackblood status. This should be easy.

Silverfrost would leap forward, aiming for the younger wolf's leg - hoping to trick him into a sense of security that this was a predictable move but the Blackblood would change aim at the last second, aiming for the chest. He did not know whether or not he was aiming to seriously injure, his excitement was clouding common sense and he was determined to prove to the Captain and the Yellow Rose that he would fit nicely into this rank, despite the obvious bloodshed that would be confronted every day.
He looked at the Yellow Rose, and forgot the bow of her presence. His quick paws scooped up the earth, but the bow should seem respectful. "Now, that you are all here. You must have came to become an ashigaru. I look out at all of you and all I see are deformities waiting to be fixed. I'm the only one giving you the opportunity. So if you're wasting my time..you're wasting the Yellow Rosa's time, and if you do that...I'll drop you so far down the ranks, the slaves will be able to spit on you." He heard Tatari say. The Captain would be delighted if he won the sparr with Alaunos.

"Carcis and Mandelbrot will have privilege over the rest of you -- deformities, I will pair you up for one-on-one combat. If Carcis and Mandelbrot do not want to spar with each other, they have the privilege to break up another pair to challenge someone else. The partners are: Carcis and Mandelbrot, Winrsk and Alaunos, Abdiel and Silverfrost." He heard the Yellow Rose say through deep lips. Him and Alaunos? That might be very well interesting. It would be like a little game. he loved games that deserved the right to fully speak with their body language.

A quick wick of his tail and he was off. Sweeping the momentum off his feet as he stirred around. He looked at the slaver. But he stopped. Ears laid back against his back. The blackblood wouldn't use the fragile energy that would give him the strength over the slaver himself? No, he would use his senses. Be wise through the thought that he wanted to be a warrior.

Quick, his move was first. Tragically his eyes closed to remember those fretful days of him, fighting with his older brother. He would run up to him and aim for his fleshy stomach, but then, once a full hair's way away he would swiftly turn 180 degrees facing the same way the slaver did and push up and aim his canines towards his face. Give him a scar for life . . . If succeeded he would hold onto the eye socket and not let go, letting his eyeball fall out. If not suceeded he would be still facing, but he would go for the left back flank, and latch onto that.
The pointed lack of acknowledgment from his patron Goddess stung worse than a physical wound. Muscles rolled as he stretched out his shoulders, a simple visual response of his own restlessness. He sized up the other wolves here, noting their own physical presence, the way they held themselves normally a good indicator of their fighting prowess.

"Carcis and Mandelbrot will have privilege over the rest of you -- deformities. I will pair you up for one-on-one combat. If Carcis and Mandelbrot do not want to spar with each other, they have the privilege to break up another pair to challenge someone else. The partners are: Carcis and Mandelbrot, Winrsk and Alaunos, Abdiel and Silverfrost."

Violet eyes would flick suddenly at the throng of wolves. He didn't know their names, nor did he particularly care at this point. Alaunos' sharp gaze would watch them all for any movement that indicated they were paired with him. It was only a split second, and one had turned to him. A short false start, and then hesitation. Fool! Alaunos snarled internally at the same moment he made his move.

In the split second that the other stopped and laid his ears back, Alaunos was upon him. They were still in close quarters to one another, perhaps only ten or so feet apart, and with his long legs the Slaver crossed that distance in only a second. He was both taller than Winrsk and lighter than him, and that gave the wolf an advantage of speed. Lithe muscles roared beneath the surface of his skin, potential energy building and building until in a single moment it transformed into kinetic energy.

It was only two seconds, but that was all the time the Slaver needed. Then, the fool closed his eyes, and that was when Alaunos truly attacked. Maw opened wide, he lashed out like a viper at Winrsk's neck, attempting to snap down and latch onto the fleshy throat that was practically bared to him. If he managed to bite down on his throat, Alaunos would shove forward with his hind legs, bowling the other over and down with his own momentum. If the Slaver somehow did not manage to get at the others neck [which would be nearly impossible since not only had the Ashigaru hesitated, he'd closed his eyes to Alaunos' oncoming attack], he'd sink his fangs into the supposed fighter's shoulder, trying to roll the other on his back, exposing that tender belly and giving Alaunos the opportunity to win this fight quick.

[Not responding to the other attacks, since Alaunos took advantage of Winrsk's lapse of attention which pretty much voids Winrsk running at him and the subsequent attacks. :U Let me know if I'm wrong though, and I'll edit it then.]
"Gunfire in the street
Where we used to meet
Echoes that are beat
Right over my head
Step over the dead
Remember what you said."

- T A T A R I -

Offline Tatari

• E S C H A T O N
  • Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 01:02:05 PM »
Now, that you are all here. You must have came to become an ashigaru. I look out at all of you and all I see are deformities waiting to be fixed. I'm the only one giving you the opportunity. So if you're wasting my time..you're wasting the Yellow Rosa's time, and if you do that...I'll drop you so far down the ranks, the slaves will be able to spit on you."

Fear was what Tatari wanted out his recruits, but fear he would not get from the golden wolf. Carcis knew she was strong, knew that she was fast, knew that she was better than the rest of the maggots who wanted in on the  glory that accompanied the rank on an Ashigaru. They would have to prove themselves worthy to the Captain and her beloved Rosa, but they would also have to prove themselves worthy in the icy eyes of the she-wolf if they wanted true sincerity from her.

"Carcis and Mandelbrot will have privilege over the rest of you -- deformities,"

Her tattered face held it's calm composure, but she could not help soaking in the praise her Rosa had given her. She was not a 'deformity' as the rest were and neither was the mahogany male, Mandelbrot. "I will pair you up for one-on-one combat. If Carcis and Mandelbrot do not want to spar with each other, they have the privilege to break up another pair to challenge someone else. The partners are: Carcis and Mandelbrot, Winrsk and Alaunos, Abdiel and Silverfrost,".

Mandelbrot was a challenge that the she-wolf readily accepted, he alone out of these maggots was worthy. Her icy blue  orbs flicked up towards her god, filled with determination. I will make you proud my Lady Yellow.  Muscles jolted into action, and like a torpedo she attacked in full abandon. A vicious snarl emanating from her raspy throat, pink gums standing out as her lips peeled back above her long canines. She leapt paws outstretched almost in a feline manner, she aimed to land on the back of the warrior, her teeth to sink into the back of neck so she could then bring him to the ground.

If her attack missed the wolf would land and turn in the direction with pin-point precision and launch another attack, this time aiming for the jugular, ready to ravage his throat.

[replying now. <3]

The young Ashigaru gave a quick whuff of breath in response to the Yon's new petname for the wolves who sought to be the protectors and strongest servants of the Scions. It was a laugh of the wolfish variety and it held no coldness. He was wholly and truly amused by the Yon's wit. To any other rank, it might not have been as funny, but Mandel was brainwashed and thought only as an Ashigaru. Everything the Yon or the Goddess Yellow did was good. Hehe, deformity. His pink tongue idly ran over his nose then reluctantly slid back into his mouth. Off-white teeth clipped together with growing boredom as he listened impatiently to the Captain and then the newcomer speak. His orange eyes caught the sanguine of the newest deformity's fur.

"Carcis and Mandelbrot will have privilege over the rest of you -- deformities. I will pair you up for one-on-one combat. If Carcis and Mandelbrot do not want to spar with each other, they have the privilege to break up another pair to challenge someone else. The partners are: Carcis and Mandelbrot, Winrsk and Alaunos, Abdiel and Silverfrost,"

Heheh. His copper gaze shot to Carcis and his short attention span vanished. Once the Lady Yellow's words were spoken, a second or two of silence passed before the feral, rolling sound of the wild filled air. Growls and snarls cracked like prolonged thunder. He ignored the others and made his own show of strength. He hunched his back and lowered his head, eyes fiery and never leaving his combat partner. His dark tail held out straight as his skin prickled, sending his fur upward; evolution's way of saying 'don't eff with this animal.' A violent growl sliced from between his fangs and he spread his legs in a battlestance.

Then she leaped. He had half a mind to jump at her and collide in mid-air, but immediately decided against it. Within the split second he was given to decide how to react, he had an answer before his time was up. She wasn't aiming for his face, that was for damn sure. Mandelbrot feinted to the right to dodge. She hit the ground running, literally, and he was right there to make sure her spent energy wasn't in vain. Like a snake, she moved with lightning quickness at him. He spun to face her and his back legs forced him off the ground in her direction. Lips pulled back and teeth glinting coldly, he showed her only his forehead and refused to expose his neck. Regardless, though, Carcis got a slight grip on the skin of his neck and tore at it, creating a shallow laceration. Not so much a whine from the male. It'd take more than that to make an Ashigaru squeal.

Blood dripped steadily from the wound but Mandel barely noticed it. She was competent, no doubt. He threw his paws out mainly to prompt her off of him. If she pulled away [with what used to be his skin in her mouth], he'd take her moment of unawares for granted and move hurriedly in the direction that would let him face her side. He'd then bound at her from there. Aiming for the stomach, but shoulders stiff moments before impact in case he missed. The force of his body would send her to the ground.

If the female Ashigaru wouldn't let go of his neck, he would strike for the upper portion of the back of her neck with his fangs. At best, the sudden movement would tear his skin from her mouth and force her to let go. At worst, it would cause a bigger wound that would leave him more vulnerable.

Either way, he'd make sure he came out as the winner.

((crap I totally almost forgot about this..Im sorry!!))

"Now, that you are all here. You must have came to become an ashigaru. I look out at all of you and all I see are deformities waiting to be fixed. I'm the only one giving you the opportunity. So if you're wasting my time..you're wasting the Yellow Rosa's time, and if you do that...I'll drop you so far down the ranks, the slaves will be able to spit on you."

Abdiel could almost feel his body tense up underneath his fur at the other wolfs words but he knew he could do nothing about them. If he tried anything he would most likely be killed. Now that wouldn't be a good thing now would it. His ears layed back against his head before falling back up into an up right position. His paws shifted over the ground as he listened to the others words. Thoughts of different things flew through his head as he listened. As they talked others arrived. Abdiels eyes landed on two that had just arrived. By the look of the way they held themselves..They were defiantly higher in rank. Maybe. He didn't know. That's when the female spoke.

"Carcis and Mandelbrot will have privilege over the rest of you -- deformities,"

So it seems they were higher in rank than him. Typical for them to show up. They must be Ashigaru already. His ears flew forward again as the female spoke again. This time his body did tense.

"I will pair you up for one-on-one combat. If Carcis and Mandelbrot do not want to spar with each other, they have the privilege to break up another pair to challenge someone else. The partners are: Carcis and Mandelbrot, Winrsk and Alaunos, Abdiel and Silverfrost,".

Fighting. Oh how much fun. He didn't even turn his body but he did turn his head just as the other launched himself at his leg. Predictable move much. They always thought going for the legs were going to work. Like it was some weak spot or something. Abdiel pulled his lip back at the other wolf as he continued toward him. Abdiel instinctively took a step back his icy blue eyes watching as the wolf suddenly changed tactics and aimed for his chest. Now that's no fair. Instinctively Abdiel ducked his head down to where the others teeth would go over his head and he would attempt to snap up and latch onto any part of the body he could manage to get his jaws on. Being shorter and lighter did have some advantages. This was so going to be fun.

((Again so sorry for the wait...and sorry for the crappy post its midnight here and i was trying to hurry this post))

Silverfrost's teeth tasted blood as he latched on to the smaller wolf's chest, he also began to swing out his heavy paws, hoping to draw blood or to whack his opponent in the face. He felt his target's head lower under a paw and felt teeth on his leg. The blackblood snarled in pain as the teeth latched on securely. He would then link eyes with the young one's eyes. Light cyan into navy. Letting out a snarl - trying to control his anger also - he would try to swing his leg, hoping to lift the smaller wolf off his feet and sending him flying off his leg.

If this failed, he would then try and bite down on the back of the neck, blood would fly past his eyes, his or Adbiel's, he didn't care. The white fur would by now be covered in little patches of blood, where the other wolf had scratched him. His leg would also be out of use if the little worm was still hanging onto it. He had to make him let go, maybe get him to the ground in overbearing submission but he was as determined as he and Silverfrost felt a pinch of respect that the other wolf was putting effort into the fight.

If the leg did come loose, Silverfrost would run towards where his opponent had landed, whether or not he was on his feet, the Blackblood would aim for the face. He had a feeling that the other wolf would be helpless without any sight. All he'd probably be able to see would be his sharp teeth digging into flesh. His flesh. Then, Silverfrost would drag him around, hoping to rip flesh or to hear the whimpering from his struggling victim.
"Gunfire in the street
Where we used to meet
Echoes that are beat
Right over my head
Step over the dead
Remember what you said."

- T A T A R I -

Offline Tatari

• E S C H A T O N
  • Regular
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
Ha.

With a viper-like motion, Carcis had recovered from her miss, latching onto the male's throat creating a tear; a steady flow of blood oozed out of the wound, dark, like thinned molasses. Mandelbrot thrust his paws out, trying in vain to push her off of him. That wasn't happening. Carcis held on tighter, once again adopting a snake-like aspect; this time instead of a deadly swift viper, Carcis became like a constrictor, steadily tightening her grasp on her opponent.

However, the mahogany male had other ideas than to continue to let her tear away at his neck. Mandel tore his own neck away from the vicious female. Blood squirting out of the large wound, staining her golden face. His fangs sunk into the back of her neck, near the base of her skull, she snarled.

No. He wasn't going to stay embedded in her neck for long if she could help it. Carcis reared up, golden pelt flying, twisting around violently, trying to break his hold on her. Her movements paralleled those of a bronco trying to rid itself of a rider, throwing her weight around unceremoniously. Once he released her, the female would turn with pin point precision, and ram into to male, hopefully causing him to stagger to the ground, where she could easily slice open his gut.

If the boy continued to hold onto her, Carcis would drop down and roll which would either force him to release her or be dragged under her bulk in an awkward manner, which could cause damage to his torn throat.

Lips curled in bitter disappointment, sneering at the dead opponent. What a weak, wretched creature. Amethyst eyes glinted harshly and uncaring down at Winrsk's corpse. What a pitiful disgrace to the glory of Oukoku Kai, the bastard wolf had no place within the pack. And now it had no place among the living.

Useless.

But... there were others. Those that would displayed the vibrant, savage beauty of Death Valley in all its wonderment. Rumble of a growl began in his chest, low key and with just a hint of warning. This was a test, and just because his original opponent had died did not mean his trial was complete. Merely.... paused for the moment. Alaunos turned away from the corpse, tail flicking with little thought of the dead wolf. These few precious seconds gave him time to think, violet eyes icily calculating.

He burst into motion fluidly, the explosion of action happening as the beast simultaneously roared out his challenge. In the blink of an eye, long legs carried the brute forward across the short distance between himself and his target. So tangled up in each other, Mandelbrot latched onto the she-wolf's neck and Carcis attempting to buck his hold off.

What neither of them had probably counted on was the four foot two and nearly two hundred pound blackblood direwolf attempting to SLAM into the pair at top speed. Being so focused on trying to attack each other, it would be nearly impossible for the two to dodge the close ranged attack of monstrous flying wolf. If Mandelbrot did not release his hold on Carcis, Alaunos would snap his jaws at the male's face, hoping to latch onto the occupied wolf's muzzle and bring them both down. If Mandelbrot did release his grip, Alaunos would then attempt to snap his jaws down from the she-wolf's opposite side, in the same place that Mandelbrot had just let go of. He would tighten his grip and lock his jaw, dragging backwards and hoping to overbalance the possibly unrecovered she-wolf to her knees.

At the moment, the Slaver had the advantage over the other two. He was just as fresh as when he had started his fight with the failure Winrsk, while Mandelbrot and Carcis already held injuries from fighting with one another.

Afterall, Alaunos didn't have time to go after those that were useless to his exalted Rose. If these two wolves had.... privileges, well, Alaunos would have to prove that HE was more worthy of the Yellow Rose's attention.

Ok. Maybe ducking down for the leg was a bad idea. A snarl left his muzzle as he was thrown away from the older wolf. He dug his paws into the ground as he skidded back. He could still taste the blood that was inside his mouth from the other wolf and the throbbing pain of the wound in his chest. He had to admit this wolf was pretty good when it came to the fighting factor. Yeah. He was older. Which meant he had probably got into a lot more fights than Abdiel did but Abdiel was smaller. Which meant he could dodge away much faster than the other wolf could. He felt a growl grumbling through his chest which caused a little pain but Abdiel ignored it. He bared his fangs at the other wolf as he waited for what the other wolf was going to do. He was lucky enough to be thrown back before the other could bite down into the back of his neck.  That would have seriously hurt him. He growled louder.

His moved his feet into a ready position as the other came charging at him. His navy eyes narrowed some as his lips pulled back even more, his snarl growing louder. As soon as the other got close enough he was going to make a fake dodge for the right and then go back to the left as quickly and aim to bite down on the others shoulder. If that didnt work he was just going to have to dodge back and hope to hell that the other didnt get a clamp down on his eyes. Being blind would not serve him any good. He wouldn't be able to fight if he was blind. He just wanted blood shed and he was going to have it that way.

His navy blue eyes snapped to the side for a moment to see how the others where faring but only caught a glimpse as he quickly turned his attention back to his target. He pulled his lips back even more over his teeth growling. Hell he may be small and a half breed but when it came to fighting he didnt back down. He would fight until there was only one wolf standing. Which he didnt know if that would be the case in here or not. But he would just have to find out then wouldnt he.

((Sorry for the wait...Schools started back up again))

Silverfrost answered his opponent's growls with a cold smirk. If only growling actually helped you in life. However, he had to admit that the young one was doing quite well despite him being a blackblood thus having the advantage of age and size on his side. The white male had missed his mark on the boy's neck and he snarled in frustration. Damn, that would've finished the fight if he'd gotten a grip. However, he was quite glad this was shaping up to be an entertaining spar. He ran at him again and the boy went to his right... Then to the left! Silverfrost tried to dodge him but Abdiel's teeth caught his shoulder and although it was only a graze, he felt it was a bad show falling for a goose move.

He would ignore the slight pain and swing at the mutt's face with a huge paw, hoping to at least knock a tooth or two out if he wasn't going to blind him. If this missed, Silverfrost would snarl again and swing around to face Abdiel again. Then, the other wolf to a glance at the other fighters. Big mistake. Silverfrost was quite the stocky fellow but he jumped across the distance between them to try to land on the younger wolf's body. If this succeeded, he would try and pin the other wolf down and bite his neck, not to draw blood but to keep him there and just give the body language talk of 'I won!'.

Nevertheless, if he lost this chance. Another wouldn't come up for a long time. He did not want to embarrass himself in front of the Yellow Rose and the Captain so his determination was as fiery as the opposite to his name. The cold demeanour hid his excitement as he jumped at his opponent.    

For good measure.
Alaunos and Carcis are now ashigaru.
Mandelbrot, Silverfrost, Winrsk, and Abdiel have been killed, correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 01:53:13 PM by Veser Amaker Hatch »
"Gunfire in the street
Where we used to meet
Echoes that are beat
Right over my head
Step over the dead
Remember what you said."

- T A T A R I -

Offline Owlish! MEOW

• Gravity's Error
  • Regular
  • it seems that I can't stand up.
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »
Carcis was an Ashigaru to begin with and so was Mandelbrot, be he doesn't matter so much anymore.

Carcis came to prove her worth to the Yellow Rose and Tatari.

Offline Ren

• Hero
  • Formerly: Yami
    • My status
    • Fur Affinity
  • Liked: 2451
  • Likes Given: 3702
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 02:03:27 AM »
Aww yeee. 8] Ty~

CHARACTER BIN // ACTIVITY STATUS: SEMI-ACTIVE // TEMPLATES