Author Topic: When words are not enough ((Challenge))  (Read 558 times)

Offline Kero

• THE Chibi Goddess
  • Hero
  • "Nightmares are not just when you sleep..."
    • My status
  • Liked: 83
  • Likes Given: 10
When words are not enough ((Challenge))
« on: December 11, 2010, 09:52:52 PM »
OOC: Shula and Theral of Ankria are challenging Asylum for all of their territory.

White-tipped toes touched the moist ground of the marshlands and immediately picked up, blue eyes gazing down at the muck which dripped from her paw. With a low sigh she dropped it once more, feeling the soil ooze between her toes. How appalling. Shula and her friend had just come outside of the marshland territory and with her first step she already grew a distaste for the place. It smelled and the place looked filthy, though in its own way mother nature had also made it look beautiful at the same time. Lifting her head she scented the land. Wolves had already lay claim to this piece, and likely other packs had taken all available territory. Though this place... a sense of danger caused her hackles to raise subconciously. Like a disease. It smelt like this place was cursed, plagued even. Something was not right with this smell.

Blue eyes turned back, looking for the shaded grey body of her friend. Theral had better hurry, she did not want to be alone when she came to fight. She silently envied Theral's personality, being so much stronger than the shy Shula she was. Another sigh passed her dark lips as she waited a few more moments and tucked her head low, ears at the sides and looking quite miserable. Guess she would have to make the challenge alone after all.

Words would not be spoken, just a single long howl which echoed over the lands like a singles ballad. No real person was called, just whoever would brother to come and see the mixed blood. She blamed Theral for this. She never would have wanted to start a pack if it wasn't for that black and grey female who tempted her so. One casual glance behind her tried to affirm that the female was still there with her, or at least coming very shortly. Bah she was no good with strangers!

Silently the female looked ahead and tried to stand tall, shifting her paws in the muck and lifting her head and puffing out her chest. If anyone had known her they would have laughed their tails off, Shula was not good at looking mean unless she really was wanting to hurt someone. She would rather talk this out than fight but they would soon see where these wolves had their values placed.

Offline Tsu

• Kink-Shaming Brigade
  • Hero
  • Liked: 7220
  • Likes Given: 7441
Re: When words are not enough ((Challenge))
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 12:02:03 AM »
I won't be the victim but the first to cast a stone
sedated nights to the bar room fights as metropolis takes its toll
and don't you try to stop me,
it's a place you'll never know --
don't try to judge or take shots at me,
                                                  I'll never let you seize control.

~

The Duke followed.  It was less subservience than a position born of pragmatism; smaller body meant smaller stride, and allowing the other to proceed first was concession of image for the gain of a canary in a cage.  Besides, it gave her friend the implication of being the dominant one in this wandering duo, and such generosity was only polite.  Idly, opaque ice-eyes flickered in the direction of the land before them, head tipped up to jut chin forward and give the grounds of this fiefdom a haughty once-over.  It looked...particularly....

....muddy.

Plume of a tail curled delicately, arcing out behind her as the she-wolf shifted attention to the other wolf.  This endeavor seemed simple enough; it was a matter of finding a new territory to build on.  As habitable land was hard to come by in these parts, that meant swiping it from the grubby little hands of some squatters.  This was absorbed without the slightest reaction -- not fear for limb or aggression towards the aforementioned squatters or (laughably) any guilt for the thievery.

The "victims" had stolen it from another, as surely as those before them, and those before them, and as it would after them until the land grew weary of housing its lupine denizens and the prey escaped to other grounds.  

She was weary in some ways -- trauma has a way of clinging, loss has methods for draining the life from more than just the scattered ones.  Theral had failed once before to hold an empire together.  And so she had come with the grey-woman, rose-grey warmer than her own in so many ways.

It was time to rebuild.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:02:45 AM by COLORFUL~ Theral »

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     ~ character bin.
~ tracker.
~ free-for-use profile outlines: all of mine, just credit me.
~ free-for-use templates...link coming.
~ art thread
~ art status
~ Do you want to share one of my characters' names?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Loath

• I rely on strength from power; born from fear
  • Master
  • The GOD
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 06:26:10 AM »
A howl caused the alpha to flinch. It was thrown into the air, calling in the empty air and recoiling with the land. Silence followed it as no one would respond, as no one moved and talked. Loath rose from his position, slowly and surely he was standing. It was a noticeable trait that Loath never in his life had looked bulky and like a physically strong rock. He was tall and lean, and sure he had strength, a normal strength like most others, his jaws could crush and he could move. But he was not one that people would tremble in front of when they realized they had to go against him. And yet they did. So far only one wolf had not trembled in his present, a heathen who had thought he was the better man between them, and fought without grace and glory at all. He had of course lost to Loath, and he was now on the land of Asylum as his prisoner. Why would most tremble when in front of him? Why did they fear him then when there was no bulky sized wolf that looked like their weight alone could squeeze them?

It was obvious in another way when you first had seen Loath. He was tall but most importantly he was confident. There was never a trail of doubt in his eyes or words, never was he uncertain or scared, and neither did he hover. He was so certain of victory that it made it scaring because no insult would do; no insult would make him flinch or laugh. He didn't insult either, he was just. There. And that was what most feared about him, even his own members; he had seen how they looked at him in fear like his opponents, knowing that his lust to strike down could hit upon them. There was no way of knowing when or how it would come and they feared it despite how restrained he had kept it.

There were two of them. One was the same height as Loath himself, and the other was much smaller, much less. Frightening. Loath walked up to them and stood in front of them and he kept his eyes on the brown one, the one who seemed more confident and in charge by the way she stood slightly in front of the other one. Only slightly enough. Maybe it was because the other one was taller that he chose to talk to her, it was hard to tell. "You howl on my land. I assume you challenge me. If you do, you challenge me". No threat. No chance or giving up. If they would decide to back out, leave and go somewhere else Loath would let them.

Until they challenge started. But Loath could not see why they would be backing out. They were here and they were coming for land, they had no reason to back out. That was why he threw no thread at them as it would seem pointless at this moment and where they stood. His eyes were stiffly moving to the smaller female. Trying to figure out if this one was supposed to fight as well, but he wished not. He had fought against others in the past and he found it more reliable and best if he fought with one alone.

Beside. If not, this little one would have to fight his twin.

Now the gears they will fail to turn
As the lights go out
And the sun will be all that burns on our way down
(On our way down)
But right now we have to understand the problem
AND OVERCOME!

So arm yourself
You'll mind your gun
It's time to learn
Accept what's done, and yeah
REPAIR THIS DESTRUCTION!

created and forever loved by Watcher from 2/8/2010 to 10/25/2011.

Offline Tsu

• Kink-Shaming Brigade
  • Hero
  • Liked: 7220
  • Likes Given: 7441
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »
((Nia, if you'd rather I delete this and let you go first then tweak and put it back up after you just say so, 'kay? <3))

The answer was not long in waiting.

Ice-blue eyes drank in the sight of the shockingly-white pelt and idly contemplated what a bitch it must be to be snowy-colored in such a muddy, grungy land.  Must be the equivalent of putting a bounty towel in the dumpster behind a Burger King.  Hm, this..would be a change from the northern stronghold to be sure, her own colors better-suited to being stark against the newly-fallen snow -- but life had been nothing but a series of kaleidoscope shifts after leaving said stronghold in ruins, so this hardly merited dismay.  The grey would adapt.

She always had.

There was little change in the Duke to reflect any feelings towards Loath.  She had once worked on a daily basis with the monstrous warlord, Guerre.  She had seen tribes in the north led by veritable giants that would have made her appear almost puppy-ish had they not been lean with starvation and weathering the harsh elements.  She had walked with a lithe pale rapist for many moons as they strode in exodus from the pack torn apart by the destroyer, from family members and serfs alike choking on the blood not yet frozen to the snow, the windchill already freezing bodies even as they stiffened into rigor mortis, having been torn apart in a maelstrom of betrayal and massacre, had lived in a pack occasionally disrupted by the effing polar bears --

a random dire wolf was not even on the scale of things-to-react-to.

She had also learned that the most dangerous of the Arctaran skeletons in the closet were not necessarily the max-height, max-weight twinks.  It all had to do with deception, you see, and how many cards were in the hand.  The lord of her home had been a powerful beast in his own right, a king of spades -- but the bitch beta had led with a two of clubs and held the ace of spades in reserve.  

And she had won the game of poker to topple an empire.

Blithely the Arctic watched the creature swagger up to Shula -- aa, pretty, gentle creature -- and ice-eyes did not reveal the thought process behind them.  She noted every weak spot, every vulnerability.  How it was exposed.  How often it was exposed.  The best way to snake through and reach it.  Tail idly arced high behind her, hackles lifting dispassionately less out of any true necessity or personal bravado than to inspire her counterpart, to influence her from the flank and remind her that

ah, we are conquerors.

"Redundant," delivered to the opposing wolf in a sweetly girlish voice, touched by a hoarse edge of something colder.  Did he really think himself so powerful?

No matter.

Come, love.  We're on a schedule for demolition.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 02:35:01 PM by COLORFUL~ Theral »

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     ~ character bin.
~ tracker.
~ free-for-use profile outlines: all of mine, just credit me.
~ free-for-use templates...link coming.
~ art thread
~ art status
~ Do you want to share one of my characters' names?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Kero

• THE Chibi Goddess
  • Hero
  • "Nightmares are not just when you sleep..."
    • My status
  • Liked: 83
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 11:47:19 PM »
   Then he appeared. A ghost amongst the branches. A large white male contrasted against the murky landscape like he was cut from cardboard. Inching closer and closer with an air about him that signalled he was not afraid, rather calm and collected, like he had seen this a million times and it was honestly nothing to jump-the-gun about. They were just another set of challengers on his turf, but Shula and Theral were not just any challengers. They didn't seek to obliterate this male's pack off the face of the earth. They needed land, and this was a large territory and much of it was higher above the water than some closer to the river. It had advantages and that was what they needed. It was nothing against the pack, just primal needs to set up their own 'family'.

"You howl on my land. I assume you challenge me. If you do, you challenge me."

"Y-yes... " Ears dropped back momentarily, eyes clouded with thought as she turned to look at her friend who's tail and hackles were raised but her teeth remained unbared. Ah yes that's right. What they were here for. She tried to draw on what little courage she had stored in her body. Dammit why did she have to be the alpha? Theral was so much better suited for this job!

"Redundant."

"We've come to challenge you." The mixed breed attempted to stand taller, bigger was better right? "We want to create our ideal pack. It's not my wish to have to fight and perhaps drive you out but there is no other choice. We will be your opponents."