Author Topic: Here and Now (Stormrunner) Repost  (Read 502 times)

Offline RizWolf

• The Almighty Riz
  • Master
    • My DA
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Here and Now (Stormrunner) Repost
« on: September 16, 2010, 07:23:03 PM »
The wind danced with tree branches here and there as the sky clouded over and darkened. Stormrunner walked amoung their trunks without fear - ever since that volcano had erupted in the Red Mountains, the weather had been temperamental like this, but she had a great fondness for thunderstorms. The strong breeze felt good as it ruffled her white and black fur. The last few times it had gotten like this, there had been a storm, but no rain, which was fine by her. This sort of oppinion is what had earned her her name, after all.The she-wolf followed her paws with no particullar destination. She had eaten that morning and now her thoughts turned toward her current location, here and now. Stormrunner had only been in the forest for a few days, so she was not completely familiar with the area. On long, black legs she padded over the ground, stepping in an occasional pile of ash that was the same color as the fur on her limbs, face, and underside. It was a wonder in her mind that any creatures had remained in this place at all after the amount of soot and ash the mountain had coughed out over it. As she walked along she took in the sights and smells around her, ears swivelling this way and that as sounds reached them. It was when the smell of another wolf reached her that Stormrunner stopped. She got to one side of the nearest tree and waited, her experience telling her curiosity without caution was folly.

Dekah
The snake was a creature both feared and admired. Beautiful to some but feared when it strikes out to kill.
Always alone and never minding it, only caring about killing and eating. Such is an the expected life of a snake.

Dekah was one who was seen as a snake, but why a snake he would always ask himself. Was it because they found him sly, a trickster, untrustworthy. No, it was their own fault. They were too stupid to know they were being fooled, that they were being preyed upon by him. They just didn't know.
He wasn't a bad guy at all if you think about it, just someone that takes advantage of something that would prove to be useful. He did have a heart behind that black and green fur. He still knew how to care and love, but just as some refused to trust him he also wouldn't trust those that proved to be a threat.

The forest was silent as always when alone by yourself, and the snake had managed to perch himself on a low branch of a tree. of course him being a wolf he couldn't climb, he had only made his way up there by a thick fallen limb that allowed him to be there. He enjoyed his moment of invincibility when he could see all that was happening below him. Observing every creature that passed on the forest floor and himself not being seen by any and those that could smell him still would not be able to fathom his ability to be above there heads. This wolf took everything around him as and advantage, whether it be trees bushes, of other beings for that matter. If there were a branch her could reach, he would jump and try to reach it, if there be a tree near his enemy, he would use it as a spring board to strengthen his attack.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    
He attention was suddenly draw to the tri colored female that passed below him. Not wolf had passed since his arrival so obviously this interested the snake. Dekah smiled slightly at the sight of her. She looked interesting and those eyes looked delicious. Carefully standing t his footpaw he leaped down from the branch landing a few yard in front of her and flipped back his ears in greeting to the little female.
"Hello my dear, i couldn't help but notice you. What is little lady like you doing out by herself?, He didn't expect his words to actually be considered as true curiosity . Others always found his way of speaking untrust worthy but despite that Dekah truly was curiouse

StormRunner
Stormrunner stood puzzled for a moment - she looked around, but in no direction could she see the source of the smell. If it didn't appear shortly, she would move quickly to a different spot in the forest. Then she heard something rustle in the branches above her. Before she had a chance to look up to see what had made the noise, something jumped out of the tree. The she-wolf saw it to be another wolf, a male. Upon this realization, she looked at him curiously. His fur was a dark grey, save the green stripes across his back; a neon-green piercing protruded from his lip, a black and green scarf around his neck. He looked at her with emerald eyes accented by purple tattoos. A blackblood."Hello my dear, I couldn't help but notice you," the stranger said in a smooth voice. "What is a little lady like you doing out by herself?"  At his words Stormrunner almost had to keep herself from chuckling - it was not often that anyone called her 'little'. She considered for a moment his posture, the greeting he'd signalled with his ears. His tone told her he was at least partly curious, and he didn't give off the vibe that he intended harm. . . .Her blue-grey eyes met his and she replied, "Just out for a walk, seeing what's what. I'm surprised there are still other wolves here with all the ash."  She fluffed her thick bi-colored fur for a moment and sat down.

Dekah
Dekah smirked showing his mostly white fangs with only a tinge of yellow in them. He eyed the female up and down as a meandered around her in a circle, a small laugh escaping his lips. She seemed pleasant enough, not that the snakish wolf cared, he was rather bored actually and he wanted to play around with this female if only to see what would happen, but she wasn't  giving him much to work with. After making his little round about he set himself down in front of the female glancing into her eyes for only a moment before sighing as if in disappointment.Ah, yes. There were so many that were lost because of that terrible endeavor. But ash doesn't bother me much. , he let his peircing eyes fall again on the female, untrust glimmering within them against his will.What is your name my dear?((omfg this is sooo short I swear I won't do it again >.<))

Stormrunner
As the male circled her, looking her over, Stormrunner did not let his movements go unwatched. Despite the friendly tone of his voice, she new better than to grant too much trust to a complete stranger. He looked her straight in the face for a brief moment before sitting, and she was again met by intriguing emerald eyes. When he sat down in front of her, he gave a somewhat dramatic sigh. "Ah, yes. There were so many that were lost because of that terrible endeavor. But ash doesn't bother me much."  Again he looked at her, and in his eyes she percieved the slightest hint of mistrust. The she-wolf wasn't truly surprised - from the way he spoke, the dark-furred wolf didn't seem simple minded. Quite the opposite. When he asked her name, she replied, "Stormrunner. And you?"  The fact that he called her 'dear' struck her as ironic, for he seemed the same age as her.

Stormrunner. And you?"

Dekah
Dekah smiled slyly at the female, in all honesty he didn't like being seen as someone that couldn't be trusted but at the same time, it was rather interesting how others would react to him. Would the attack him out of fear? Or would they try to get closer to find the truth? The truth about him was clouded in a veil of different lies and multiple types of deception, and I guess watching how they tried to put together his puzzle was the main point of his joy.

Unfortunately there was nothing that was really catching the interest of this blackblood other than her looks. As interesting as that may have been at the moment, he knew that he would either tire of her or she would find a way to interest him. Of course Dekah didn't want to make her feel pressured but he also didn't care. He often had these sort of conflicts with himself.

Taking a step away from the female he sat down near the base of a large tree, that looked to be a couple hundred years old. He watched the female intently with that same sly smile curved on his mouth.

I'm called Dekah, a lot of people call me a snake though. You can choos which ever you like. I don't really mind

Stormrunner
"Your'e a blackblood," Stormrunner said, a fact not a question. "My father is a blackblood. "  

Where ever he was.  Her nose wrinkled for a moment out of habit. Her sire was the source of much of her grief, in her puppyhood and even now. It was from him she had inherited her skeptical nature, her sharp tongue, and the horrible rage that reared its ugly head on the rare occasion someone managed to work her temper to such a state. Stormrunner had taken after her Arctic mother in build, but the proof of her blackblood heritage was there.

She looked Dekah over again. He was true to his breed, markings and all, though not tough on the eyes. His eyes hinted there was a self-involved conversation going on in his head. Some part of her mind wondered what her markings must look like to him, the odd crest on her left shoulder.

Stormrunner
He nodded to the female's statement,  proving her to be right. He indeed was a blackblood, a wolf of strength but also of lithe movement. That is what made many call him a snake. He noticed the little gesture of disgust when he spoke of his father. He didn't know anything about it but he could draw out, from her little agitated display, that she didn't think very highly of him.

"You seem bitter about the subject of your father, darling. I wonder why?", he said slyly, with a hint of laughter in his tone. Perhapes he should learn a little bit about this girl, she may be a little but more fun than she is showing her self to be.

The snake noticed the femme looking him up an down, and responded to that with a grin of both pleasure and curiosity. Was he really such a spectral to behold? No, maybe it was because of how well he seemed to portray a blackblood. He had followed the usual traditions of the BlackBlood Pack just to see what he could gain from it. He had hunted with humans and received his markings with the strange color that didn't come off. He was even given the scarf that he wore around his neck now.

He had also  taken notice of the female's markings, maybe she had been in a mammoth hunt herself. Of course, the snake didn't care much to ask her about it.

Stormrunner
A nod from him said Stormrunner's guess had been correct. "You seem bitter about the subject of your father, darling. I wonder why?"  She didn't miss the chuckle in his voice as he posed his observant question.

"I don't know," she said, a wry smile twiquing the corner of her mouth, "what do you suppose happens when you grow up with someone who forces your mother, brother, and self to walk on eggshells for fear of triggering his fury? And not realizing until it's too late that you posess the same damned curse?"

The grin Dekah gave her when he noticed her inspection was very male. Feeling oddly set off by him, she returned it. He seemed to have earned the nickname of snake, but there was something about him that bypassed any red flags that appeared in her mind. There were layers to this wolf, just as there were with Stormrunner herself. She stood and twitched her tail, cocking one brow. "Have you ever used your fury?"

Dekah
Dekah nodded his head with dramatized pity, he was not making fun of her, oh no. He still had a heart and knew that this very situation was rather frustrating to her, but he did want to make light of the situation. He knew his father and mother were not the wisest of parents, he still loved him and he was sure they still loved him, but it was their fault that he was as hardened as he was today. Of course I would never specify what that past is but it was one that will remain behind the layers of the snake.

As much as he knew having the Fury upset Stormrunner, his strange notion of what he considered fun suddenly broke in. He wanted to see how bad this girl really was with the Fury, of course if she were to use it here all she would have to worry about was him, and Dekah was a swift and strong fighter and could easily evade that attacks caused by the Fury. He also knew that once they Fury had subsided, exhaustion kicked in. Perfect...

Just about as old as you, give or take a few months. You still manage to look just as delicious and innocent none the less,my dear.
But about that little Fury of yours. Do you know your triggers?

As he spoke, the male stood taking smooth steps towards Stormrunner, she started to take a small interest to the blackblood and he personaly wanted a better look at her, yes she was a little small but if she was strong.......

Stormrunner
When Dekah nodded overly-vigorously, Stormrunner rolled her eyes. It was easy to tell he wanted the conversation and questions directed back away from him.  

"Just about as old as you, give or take a few months," he replied. "You still manage to look just as delicious and innocent none the less, my dear. But about that little Fury of yours. Do you know your triggers?"  

She might have laughed at his over the top compliments and passes, but his question made her ears perk forward. Her triggers? How was that information he needed . . . ?

"The last time I slipped into the fury was when I got this."  She gestured to the mark on her shoulder with her nose. "Apparently humans find an arctic blackblood cross intriguing."  Stormrunner watched as he stood and came closer. She sidestepped him slightly and pressed one paw to his chest to keep him a small distance away. Now she was glad she was only an inch or so shorter than him, her size not a disadvantage should it fall to that

Dekah
"The last time I slipped into the fury was when I got this."  She gestured to the mark on her shoulder with her nose. "Apparently humans find an arctic blackblood cross intriguing."  

Dekah chuckled deep in his chest when the female made her small attempt to distance herself from him. She was smart to do that, but Dekah wasn't going to do her any harm. He held her gaze easily, looking at her with his green eyes that seemed to peirce right through her. He held a enticing smile when he took another step, against her upheld paw. And simply made an attempt to shove her a little so he could get close enough to examine her tattoo.
If she resisted further he would have to try pinning her onto her side, he didn't like to be violent, but it annoyed him that she took so much precaution when he just wanted a closer look.

He tattoo was not something he had seen before, it was rather large and strangly intricate. He pondered in his head what about recieveing the mark would have made the female go feral. Was she frightened? or maybe the had hurt her in the process? He decided he would question these things to her since the reason would't become clear on it's own. Dekah held a puzzled look on his face the entire time he had spent looking at ther strange mark.
What about this mark made you fall into the Fury, surely it wasn't fear that did that is it?

Stormrunner
Dekah's low chuckle unnerved Stormrunner slightly, and she felt it in her paw. His smile made her all the more curious, though. She stood still at his small shove, putting her paw back down and letting the male take a closer look at her tattoo, since that seemed to be his goal for the moment.

She watched him as he scrutinized and examined the black crest on her left shoulder. In the meantime, it also gave her a chance to get an up-close look at him. For the first time, Stormrunner noticed that the dark-furred wold had his lip pierced. Somehow, it didn't seem out of place in his case. The look he gave her during his study was perplexed.

"What about this mark made you fall into the Fury, surely it wasn't fear that did that is it?" he enquired, his brow furrowed.

Stormrunner locked gazes with him, her blue-grey eyes darkening slightly. "They wanted to keep me. They wanted to use me for their own ends, no reguard for my wishes."

Dekah
"They wanted to keep me. They wanted to use me for their own ends, no reguard for my wishes."

The males look of confusion turned back into that interesting smile. He toyed with the green hoop in his lip idley as he thought on this for a moment. So restraint is her pet peeve is it? Huh, makes sense.

Dekah laughed mentaly, if this female knew how manipulative he was she wouldn't like him very much at all. Though Dekah doubted that she liked much in the first place mainly because he didn't really have reguard for her personal space, he didn't really care. If he wanted to get a close look at something he would do it whether or not the victim is not comfortable with it. That's just how he was sometimes.

Looking at the femme he shook his head slowly as he laughed to himself.

"If thats wat makes you tick then I don't think your going to like me too much at all."

Stormrunner
Stormrunner watched him play with his lip ring as that slow smirk spread across his face again. The gears in his head were turning, she knew. She'd seen the same expression several times over. Dekah was up to something, otherwise her gut wouldn't be nagging her quite the way it was.

"If thats what makes you tick then I don't think your going to like me too much at all," he said with a shake of his head.

The she-wolf raised an eyebrow at his words. "And just what do you intend to do, Dekah? Your mind is chewing on something, what is it?"  The male did not frighten her, in all truth - she had been in contact with worse creatures. Dekah was crafty, yes, but he didn't seem sinister behind those laughing green eyes.

"And just what do you intend to do, Dekah? Your mind is chewing on something, what is it?"

Dekah
He laughed again, obviously she was smart, she would fall for many of his tricks easily. Technically, Deka wanted her as well, but he did not what he would be able to do with her. Perhaps if he could think of anything, he could sell her to another wolf that would have better use of her. Or, he could just let her go on her merry way with him lurking along as her temporary companion. Even better, he could subdue her into being his slave as well, he would be a good master if that was the fate he decided for her. Decisions decisions......

"Nothing that you need to be concerened with at the moment,darlin. But, you do interest me, what are you good at? What skills do you posses?

This was slowly becoming a survey for the wolf to study this femme. He was wondering what such a small wolf would be able to do if he decided she would be useful to him. Of course he wouldn't let his inner thoughts out of his mouth, he knew she would like the idea of me targeted for capture and sale, and he highly doubted that she would like being his servant. He of course would make her forced servitude as pleasant as he could.

Stormrunner
The fact that Dekah laughed at her questions told her she had been correct. "Nothing that you need to be concerened with at the moment,darlin. But, you do interest me, what are you good at? What skills do you posses?"

What skills? The conversation was beginning to remind her of the week she spent with the humans before they had marked her and tried to restrain her, as well as run-ins with other wolves. They would hang around for a time, seeing what she could do, and then try to harness her gifts for their use. And the minute they found her no longer of use, they threw her away. It was always the same story. The conflicting use and abandonment had left her emotionally scarred.

But still for some reason she could not bring herself to despise him for it. With a small chuckle she said, "Dekah, if your wish is for me to be useful to you . . . so long as I am not cohersed, I will go with you. I'm good at tracking, and you strike me as a fairly good hunter yourself. I've been traveling on my own for a year and a half now, and though I can manage it, I would be lying if I said I enjoy it. Treat me as you would want to be treated, and you have yourself a hunting partner and running mate. My loyalty will be to you."  She waited, wanting to know what he would say in return.

Offline RizWolf

• The Almighty Riz
  • Master
    • My DA
Re: Here and Now (Stormrunner) Repost
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 08:25:00 PM »
should we close this?

Offline Harlequin ZeRo

• Only a glimpse. . . .
  • Apprentice
  • Your darkness is my light
    • deviantART
Re: Here and Now (Stormrunner) Repost (Closed!)
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 08:36:01 PM »
yeah, it might be a good idea at this point o.O thank you for reminding me =]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:39:38 PM by Harlequin ZeRo »
May this prayer I spin
Weave through the darkness of the frozen stars
And reach the skies above you,
So far away

Pet's name: Scarlet
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!