Author Topic: Disbanding - Thanks for the Good Times  (Read 410 times)

Offline [Moth]

• Leader
  • Hero
  • Liked: 2313
  • Likes Given: 3303
Disbanding - Thanks for the Good Times
« on: September 22, 2017, 02:35:20 AM »
Posted this on the new forum, posting it here too.

Hey guys, some of you knew this was coming, some of you didn't- and others might have kind of suspected it due to the fact none of Ukoo's information was migrated at all to the new forum ahead of time, or even recently.

Ukoo, as you all knew it, no longer exists. I've tried for years to kick life into it here, I've put my heart and soul into it, and while I really appreciate those who stuck with it this far, I can no longer in good conscience keep it running. It's just become too great a strain on my mental health to handle it, for a lot of reasons I won't go too in depth on here. Given how long Ukoo has existed on IDS (since the BBA proboard!) in some form or another, this was an incredibly tough decision to make, but I just feel it's for the best in the end. Even if it feels pretty bad to be letting go of a piece of history like this.

I've been running Ukoo since 2011, and I've slowly come to realize IDS just...isn't the place for Ukoo anymore, though.

For those still around actively part of Ukoo who are still on the forum who need something to say for their characters histories, so you can continue telling their amazing stories, Heckler decided to disband the pack in the midst of a terrible drought, for the safety of the packmembers themselves. She refused to let them suffer just for their loyalty and so, with a heavy heart, she cut them loose, so they could seek homes elsewhere- away from the harsh climate of Ukoo.

It's been an awesome several years with you guys, thank you to those who stuck with the pack for so long, I appreciate it ;w;

I will NOT be handing Ukoo over to a new alpha, please don't ask.
I also ask that people please do not make an Ukoo 2.0 later on down the road!
If you have any questions about this whole thing, feel free to PM me.

Offline Jye

• Leader
  • Hero
  • Sum sine regno
    • dA
  • Liked: 2343
  • Likes Given: 7268
Re: Disbanding - Thanks for the Good Times
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 09:31:44 AM »
<3

You're an angry blade and you're brave but you're all alone
Ukoo Info|Info Bin|Art Status|dA|Templates|Desparia - a medieval anthro forum

Offline URI

• Hero
  • they/them
    • Art Portfolio + Commission Pricing
  • Liked: 2530
  • Likes Given: 4559
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 10:32:13 AM »
<3

(If anyone wants to take their hyenas anywhere, Bacchus has a territory on the edge of a desert, we welcome any ex-Ukoo'ers and provide coats so they can stay warm)

Offline [Moth]

• Leader
  • Hero
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 12:43:33 PM »
I am in 100% support of Ukoo yeens going to be roman nosed bros with the Bacchus dires, go get coats guys. If you're not a yeen....I still approve tbh

Also anyone who was in Ukoo is free to keep their old clothing/armor and use it for their character even after they leave Ukoo, this is kind of a given but I'm letting everyone know just in case! I just ask that people ask me before having their character recreate Ukoo's specific armor design for anyone else (since I personally designed it for Ukoo)! ;w;

Offline RJ.

• Regular
  • rpin' on here since 2007
    • My status
  • Liked: 220
  • Likes Given: 271
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »
It's a shame that this place is going. Seems to have been part of the forum for as long as I can remember. Never had a 'yeen character or any other character here personally but kudos for keeping it going and trying to breath life into it through thick and thin. That's something to be real proud of. <33

priority characters
-- althaea
-- auklet
-- hodge
-- livid
-- loophole
-- schnee

useful links
-- about me
-- bin
-- deviantart
-- twitter
-- tumblr
-- youtube

Offline [Moth]

• Leader
  • Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 06:52:48 PM »
Thank you RJ, it means a lot to hear that ;w;

Offline Jye

• Leader
  • Hero
  • Sum sine regno
    • dA
  • Liked: 2343
  • Likes Given: 7268
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 11:35:40 PM »
Now that I'm not rushing off to work, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's been a part of this group. We've had some great times, some awesome plots, and you've all been wonderful.

Thank you all for being a part of this and for making this an awesome place for a very, very long time. <3

---

As a side note, if you have a design by me that was adopted out for Ukoo and you're still interested in playing it, that's totally fine! Just check in with me so I know what's up.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 11:36:31 PM by Jye »

You're an angry blade and you're brave but you're all alone
Ukoo Info|Info Bin|Art Status|dA|Templates|Desparia - a medieval anthro forum