I ain't no angel
I still got a still few more dances with the devil
I’m cleanin' up my act, little by little
I’m getting there
I can finally stand the man in the mirror I see
I ain’t as good as I’m gonna get
But I’m better than I used to be
- Better Than I Used to Be, Tim McGraw
The wolf knew these mountains, knew these paths as he made his way up the last of the cliffs to reach the top of the rim that kept him from the place he called home. So much had changed, and he was not part of it because he had left. When Ariath had died, he had been lost and the pups that could have been born had been lost as well. All he could do was run, run away to deal with the pain that threatened to over whelm him. In that time he knew that he could have been needed her but everywhere he turned reminded him of the bright hued beauty he had lost. The thing that had made the pain in his life all worth it. And it had been torn from him the moment they had tried to expand their family it had all been taken away. Friends had tried to help him, but it had all been taken away so quick and the Fury that road him every day threatened to take over because of the grief. But after some time now, he decided it was time to come home. He needed to come home to the one place that left him peace. Despite the fact it also caused him pain.

The swamp hued wolf had been a staple here, before he had run away. he had been the head border guard under the alpha Shenandoah, been trained under the great Skyrunner to be a guard, was friends with the head warrior and was friends with Jakoby. He remembered their faces as if it was yesterday he was here. But that had been some time ago, and he was no longer the younger wolf that he was when he came here. His face was more worn and he looked more like a homeless veteran than the head border guard that he was. But the wolf in him that missed the mountains that he called home. He missed the woods and the thought of having an actual pack. How much had it changed in his absence? Did anyone he know still live here? He had no idea. But the wolf heard a calling and had to make it there.

His stubborn bones made it up the climb, made it until he could almost feel the trees casting shade over him. Could almost feel the soil beneath his paws. Instead, he felt the rocky soil that made the mountains around the moon palace. He reached the top, and all he felt was his breath leave his body. It could have left at any moment, but it was this moment that it left him completely. HOME It seemed to scream at him. This lovely place, he knew he was home. The old Fringe closed his eyes, taking in a deep breathhe smelled it. He wanted to take that final step, the one that would take him into the world that he used to call home. But Cyenide knew that, so instead he waited for the guard to come, just stood there like a proud statue. His eyes closed and his head lifted, taking in the feel of finally making it home.

And he would be, once he was accepted into the pack again. Maybe they wouldn't have him back, but the old wolf had hope. And she he waited with hope.

Sekirei:
(Throwing Akutan in here. He's Storm and Starfire's son.)

The Maelstrom was running his circuit as per habit. He could smell someone nearby and rounded the bend to see an an old Fringe Dire. "Hail, stranger. You've arrived at Nardir. I'm Akutan, Maelstrom of the Jovian Winds. What brings you here?" he asked. His customary half-scowl, so much like his father's, was at home on his face but his tone didn't match it. He was thinking about a certain red angel waiting for him and his heart was light with anticipation. He really wanted to start a family soon but it was only a matter of time. For now, he had a job to do and it had been sometime since someone had come seeking them out.

Akutan sat down to await the oldster's reply.

(Short. Blah. Tired.)

Apocolips Replymaster:
The old veteran was still enjoying the wind, smelling of the home he had called once to everyone he had met. The old wolf did not seem to be bothering anyone, just make sure that this was the place he wanted to be. Cyenide had missed being here for so long. The wolf just wanted to live out the rest of his days being at home. The lands he once roamed himself. Still, the swamp hued wolf just kept to his silent pleasure in just taking in the air, the wind going through his fur. At least, until he heard steps followed by a voice he did not recognize. "Hail, stranger. You've arrived at Nardir. I'm Akutan, Maelstrom of the Jovian Winds. What brings you here?" And that brought him out of his thoughts, of memories long since stored. He turned his grayed muzzle and dark eyes towards the younger voice. He turned around, noticing a familiar scowl on a different wolf's face. And the title of Maelstrom was different as well, as they did not have that when he was here before.

But he looked at the wolf in front of him, wolves he recognized in front of him. The silver markings and the lightning bolt mark along with the scowl made him remember the wolves they used to belong to. The old wolf answered, his words gruff. "Hail Akutan, Maelstrom of the Jovian Winds. I am Cyenide, a old soldier who has finally stopped grieving and wants to return home." And that was true. The wolf was gone with his grief over Ariath, over the loss of the pups that would have been his. He had been doing great in this world, and then it was all taken away from him the moment the dogs invaded and destroyed Nardir. He grieved hard and did not come back when he heard the call Nardir had come back to life. But after these long years, the wolf decided that it was time to come back.To finally find peace in the land that brought him so many good times.

But the wolf in front of him knew things. But so did Cyenide. "Is Shenandoah still alpha here? Or has time taken her to follow her mate?" Had she finally followed her mate Kyril into the beyond? Cyenide wished that the blonde alpha had finally met her love in the next life, as she grieved for him while in this one. He wanted to ask about Jakoby, Starfire and the others he had been friends with while he was here. But he eyes narrowed as he moved towards Akutan, his eyes taking in his form. "Who are your parents Akutan?" Was it Storm? The only wolf he knew to have the marks this one did was that older wolf, but right now he wanted to be welcomed home, to find peace in his last days on this earth - if they were days. It could be years before he was finished in this life though.

[OOC: Your good. :D]

Sekirei:
 "Hail Akutan, Maelstrom of the Jovian Winds. I am Cyenide, a old soldier who has finally stopped grieving and wants to return home." the oldster said. Sitting down, Akutan tried to remember if he ever met this wolf before. "Is Shenandoah still alpha here? Or has time taken her to follow her mate?" the wolf then asked. "She has long since passed. Rulership has passed to her daughter, Alana, and her mate, Julek." the young black wolf said. That would mean that this one was probably a contemporary of his uncle. He flicked an ear only slightly as Cyenide looked him over. "Who are your parents Akutan?" he then asked. "Storm and Starfire. Both now gone. Now that I recall, I think you served under my uncle, Byakko, as a warrior." Akutan replied, now pretty sure that he was recalling correctly.

Byakko would be pleased to see one of his former warriors again. There were so few of the Old Nardiri left now, those that lived in the pack before the Exile. The Maelstrom had to wonder if Cyenide had still been in the pack when things went to hell. He himself had only been a pup at the time and, well, the effects of that time were plain on him. Still, for all the death and upheaval that followed in Loathe's wake, he was finally getting his act together. He had a beautiful mate, Kyra, and his family was growing again. The Clan had been hit particularly hard by the Exile.

Apocolips Replymaster:
She has long since passed. Rulership has passed to her daughter, Alana, and her mate Julek. Cyenide felt pain at the lost of the female who had been the head of Nardir for so long. Had she died before he had left and he had not known? He did not want to ask, because he didn't want to cause trouble with the wolf in front of him, in case it brought bad memories. He didn't know this Julek, but he remembered meeting Alana. She looked like her mother, but had the soul of her father Kyril. Not that Shena hadn't been her own soul, hadn't been has strong, but the male had been heard to be strong in the way of battle. "She had missed her mate for so long...I hope that they are reunited in the afterlife." And it gave him hope, an Old World ideal, that he too would get to meet the mate he had lost before he had run away. Still, the navy wolf waited, listened as the younger wolf spoke some more to him. His mind racing at all of the changes that had been brought.

"Storm and Starfire. Both now gone. Now that I recall, I think you served under my uncle, Byakko, as a warrior." Cyenide smiled, remembering Starfire more than Storm. He had never met the gamma, even when he had been the leader of the border guards. And he remembered Byakko, both of them old and worn fighters who had risen from the dust to become great leaders. He laughed though, when the young wolf spoke about him serving under Byakko. "I never served under Byakko. before I left, Jovian Winds were called border guards, I was their head. I trained them and worked with Byakko to have spars between them. But I remember you mother....she was a good wolf. You look more like her than your father, I would assume except for that mark." And that was the truth. The young dark wolf looked more like his mother, built to run and chase than to stay and be a blockade. "Is Byakko still here?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version