Author Topic: crest of the solar eclipse [ bacchus recruitment ]  (Read 296 times)

Offline Rainer.

• Initiate
  • ironjaw
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 0
crest of the solar eclipse [ bacchus recruitment ]
« on: August 22, 2017, 01:24:20 PM »

R A I N E R

Red-throated beast moved through midday heat, shadows of trees a shelter from the damning sun. The silvers, greys, and blacks of his pelt shifted as he strode through the neutrals, confident in his ability to create his own safety. Still, he was aware, focusing his senses outward, towards anyone who might be watching. The wilds were oftentimes full of strangers who would jump at the chance of making a meal of the unaware, something that the heavyset male was well aware of - but he wasn't afraid. Why should he be?

The sun had been changing, the day growing slightly darker over time. The male subconsciously noticed this, but he paid no more attention to it than a day slowly growing cloudier. It had been like this for about an hour, but something was changing. There was something... different. Golden eyes flashed to the trees - where birds were just recently crying out in lazy chatter, they were going startlingly silent. He stiffened, ready to investigate, when the shadow came.

"Circe," he murmured, voice hushed. He looked over his shoulder towards where he believed his daughter to be, before lifting his eyes to the sky.

The sun... was disappearing. No, had disappeared. In its place was a halo of light - light that he could look at without pain. He felt a rush of energy within him, moved by this change. This... thing in the sky. The surroundings were growing dark, but it wasn't the same as night. It looked as if the world was shaking in and out of existence in tiny shivers - a human might say it looked like the world was recorded on expired film. The light quality was so strange, the sky so dark, that he couldn't resist his urge -

He lifted his head and howled.

They had come here to seek others, and he felt that this was a sign that now was the time.

♫ i don't break hearts ♫
♪ i destroy them ♪

open to anyone who wants to join Bacchus.
Notice that we're not going for a territory just yet, we'll be visiting around and planning things ICly as well as on Discord.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:21:58 PM by Rainer. »

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 3552
Re: crest of the solar eclipse [ bacchus ]
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 12:53:32 PM »
There's something... familiar, to it. That howl; there's a vibrato from the diaphragm, a resonance from the shape of the sinuses. He's Bacchus.

Basma's off in a flash: what would he wait for? What does he have here, since the fall of his homeland, the failure of the throne he usurped. Spare toes flash against the ground, matte black racing under the shadow of the moon. He answers, howls from his soft palette, so much straighter than a Bacchus would be for his muddled lineage, but that lineage is royalty.

He comes close enough, under the low-hanging branches of a pine Basma fits easily beneath. The blaze of red on his chest: he recognizes this one. Slit-pupils in silver irises widen in the low light, and Basma reveals himself. The needles of the pine rustle, combing through his pelt as he rises to full height, more than a foot shy of Rainer's, but there's a confidence in his step, a sure point of his chin. Like royalty.

"I know you..." he muses, one foot in front of the other. A practiced stride, his birthright. "Rainer, was it?"

Basma, half-Bacchus of the royal line, last of his lineage, alive. Your king.

Offline .:Circe:.

• Initiate
  • Always a bridesmaid
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 02:30:08 PM »
The sky had grown darker, unusual for the time of day, though not unusual for a cloudy day so the girl didn't pay much mind to it. Her thoughts were elsewhere as the past few days had been a whirlwind of emotion and her normal perky demeanor had dulled as she tried to internally process things. She lagged behind her newly rediscovered father, Circe kept close to her charge, the fugitive from her last pack. A brown boy with confusion clouding his eyes, she had left their pack to find him only to run into her long lost father and then much later, her estranged sister, who was harboring the fugitive. After a brief interaction with her sister, Circe rejoined her father with a new companion, Beau as the male had named himself. The effects of Beau's training still very much intact and Circe, forever the optimist, thought she'd be able to rehabilitate him. For the moment, there hadn't been much progress but she remained hopeful.

Her father's voice pulled her from her thoughts, she nudged Beau before loping through the trees to catch up. As she drew near she could see her father looking at the sun, following his lead she too lifted her eyes upward. The sight was haunting, a ring of fire where the sun should be, Circe had no idea what this meant but the energy that filled her was intense. Clearly, she was not the only one filled with awe and amazement at the sight as all around them chirping insects erupted into a euphony of calls that grew in strength. Lending her voice to the choir, Circe tilted her head back and howled alongside her father, emotion bubbling up within her.

Another voice, movement, a stranger approached and Circe pulled her attention from the sight above to the man who had just approached. A suave, confident soul responding to their call made himself known and spoke to her father directly. A hint in his voice or maybe it was the way he held himself, too proud maybe, either way, his sudden intrusion and the fact that he knew Rainer's name made Circe wary. She was nearly a foot taller than the black male but she drew up her chest, standing tall as she faced him, flanking her father should this man bring some unkindness with him. As of yet, he'd not addressed her so she remained silent but kept her eyes on him.

|| ooc: sorry, short, posting Beau now ||

Circe played by Anky

Offline 'B'

• Initiate
  • As you wish
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 03:05:00 PM »
Broken flashes of light drifted over the lean boy as he marched somberly behind his new mistress... no. She had insisted he call her Circe, she was not his mistress, 'friend', she had called herself. Still, his posture was hunched and he kept his eyes low, his training at work. It had been weeks since his involuntary escape from his fate, a fate that he was slowly beginning to let go of. Still broken and confused but had come a long way from his servant upbringing in such a short time, Circe was starting to get through to him. It helped that he had known the girl from before, he remembered the day she had wandered into the land in which he served, it was the day he began serving his Mistress. There had been a huge ceremony for all the mistresses with brand new, finished servants and despite the excitement and chaos, she stood out to him.

He watched her walking in front of him, lost in thought, even he, the broken boy, could see how beautiful she was. Crescents of light freckled her pelt and... wait, crescents? That was odd, Beau followed the light patterns as they stretched out all over, the forest floor, the tree trunks, even... he looked down at his paws, more crescents. He paused, normally the light that filtered through the trees was randomly shaped but this, this was strange, every bit of light that hit the ground was shaped like a sliver of moon. It was then he noticed the darkening of the sky as well but before he could investigate further he heard Rainer's voice and felt Circe nudge his shoulder before jogging a head.

Worried by the events but not wanting to be left behind he dutifully followed his mis friend, when he caught up both Circe and Rainer were howling into the sky. Not sure if he was allowed to join them he simply sat down behind them, taking a moment to glimpse up, hoping to find out why the light had gone all wonky. To his terror, the sun had been swallowed up, only a sliver of its fire still hung in its place and around him an echoing of howls and cicadas filled his ears. It was all too much for the man/boy, he laid down and covered his ears with his paws until he saw the stranger approach.

Black like the night the man appeared from the darkness, a graceful air surrounded him and Beau stood up to show respect just like he was taught. Clearly, this man was important, Beau had no intention of ruffling feathers in this unknown world. Noticing Circe's change in demeanor, Beau took a step forward suddenly unsure if this was friend or foe but something within him stirred. He would not allow anything bad to happen to Circe while he was around, not ever. Drawing himself up, he was still an inch or two shorter than the stranger but he did his best to appear tall and strong. For Circe.

Beau played by Anky

Offline Rainer.

• Initiate
  • ironjaw
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 05:21:43 PM »

R A I N E R

The shadows of their surroundings as the moon gobbled up the sun filled him with a unique feeling of power and strength, as if this solar event was a call to join his own - a sign that the sky itself was supporting his call to the throne. The throne of a new land, born from the ashes of the dead lineage of an ancient people. Golden eyes met with the beautiful sight of the sky - the sun, trapped behind the moon in an unholy embrace. He'd never seen anything like this before, but he was sure it was of importance.

The two who followed his step were his daughter and the smaller non-Blooded male who followed her like a puppy. He observed her fondly, appreciating the blush of red that clung near her tail and underside. She, too, shared his golden eyes, and she, too,

Soon came another, one he recognized as the bastard child of the male who'd held leadership over the pack when it fell. Rainer observed the boy's demeanor, the confident way he held himself, and mirrored it twofold. His tail curled from prone to lift dominantly above his back and he held eye contact with the boy, even as his name was uttered by the half-Bacchus's lips. Of course, calling the other a boy wasn't quite accurate - it had been a few years since the fall and the boy was an adult.

A potential threat.

"Ah, I remember you also. Basmächen, was it?" This was a power play - he knew very well what the dark hound's name was and he was a adding a diminutive of their native language. "Chen" was often used as an ending when referring to a child or a little thing. Were Basma still a child, it might be a name given as a firm of affection by an older relative, but when told to another adult male... If Basma remembered anything from home, he would recognize it as what it was.

This is not your daddy's Bacchus, child. In this place, I am Emperor.

"I -" He indicated with a short toss of his head to his daughter and her fellow, "We - are pulling Bacchus from the grave. Evolving it. Will you join us?" His eyes would pass over any others who approached out of the shadows as he spoke. If any had arrived, he would give them an almost fatherly smile, keeping his tail up to show them all who was truly in charge here.

Far above, the sun glistened behind the moon.

♫ i don't break hearts ♫
♪ i destroy them ♪

I admit I'm not sure on the adding of -chen, whether the umlaut is correctly added or whatnot. I don't know German so this was very brief research.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:58:11 PM by Rainer. »

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
Re: crest of the solar eclipse [ bacchus recruitment ]
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 09:24:48 PM »
He smiles at the diminutive, gleaming teeth, most unnerving in its sincerity. "Of course, Rainer. I'm Bacchus, am I not?" He's an Ethiopian, hellion-- Bacchus in sire only-- but it's not breed of which he speaks. Bacchus is not only in his lineage, but his blood, his brain: every action taken only ever for the pack he was born to lead. This footsoldier thinks he can simply declare himself king?

Perhaps. Who's to stop him? If he thinks it will be simple however, oh... Then Rainer is the infant.

He is, however unfortunately, grown, well beyond Basma's size, and without his bodyguard of a brother, any conflict would be swiftly dispatched-- and not in the prince's favour. He glances between the two that accompany Rainer: the submissive dog, close to the side of a half-breed with Rainer's colouring.

The grin-- which has yet to recede, which he wears easily as the white lie of his breed-- shifts into something prideful, gentle as he addresses the girl. "What's your name, dearest?"

Assuming a response, his posture softens. "I commend you for carrying our lineage where I cannot."

Basma's deficiency is possibly the best-kept secret of the empire, as he was only a yearling at its fall. Maybe Rainer will read the further meaning, maybe it will be lost. Maybe he is too concerned a father to read what Basma says at all. In any case, he has the male's attention, and a benevolent interest in the girl. "You have a lovely name," he admires, then, directed to the father, "and you, a brilliant idea. Where shall we begin?"

Offline 'B'

• Initiate
  • As you wish
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 03:30:48 PM »
As the man addressed Circe, Beau watched, keeping an eye on his body language which gave away nothing about his intentions, only that he felt superior to those around him. Pride, Beau knew that well, it was all that had surrounded him in their previous pack. Though he no longer looked back on his home sadly or with regret for fleeing anymore, he was not quite ready to condemn the prideful pompous leaders for how he was treated, not yet anyway. That said he'd been trained by the best and he knew his place in the event his mistress is threatened, this cavalier male who had so casually joined their ranks may not be a physical threat but Beau didn't like the way he looked at his Circe.

Beau stepped up next to Circe, opposite side as her father, letting a low growl rise from his throat, though it was barely audible. The hair along his back and neck bristled as he kept his eyes on the stranger, it was more a show of his protectiveness of the female than an actual threat to the man. He didn't care for veiled threats or word games, something that he had been exposed to quite a bit under his previous mistress.

Remaining silent he watched and waited.

Beau played by Anky

Offline .:Circe:.

• Initiate
  • Always a bridesmaid
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 03:47:10 PM »
Circe listened to her father's exchange with the man called Basma, the tension between them went unnoticed. Yet as he turned to address her, Beau moved closer to her and she took comfort in his display of protection but was careful not to let it show. Instead, she kept her head high and nuzzled Beau's neck gently, offering him a whispered It's okay Beau. making sure to keep her voice low.

She took a step forward and nodded at Basma, Circe. she offered him a gentle smile, almost flattered by the man. He continued on I commend you for carrying our lineage where I cannot., his meaning confused her. She was still learning about her Bacchus heritage and it hadn't occurred to her that she could hold a valuable ability to continue the dying line. Even with his comment she still didn't completely understand.

You have a lovely name

She would have blushed at that if her mind wasn't still puzzling out his previous comment. Still she managed a gentle giggle and a shy,
 Thank you.

She looked at her father with a question in her eye, this wasn't the time to discuss it but she would remember to ask later.

Circe played by Anky

Offline Rainer.

• Initiate
  • ironjaw
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 10:32:35 PM »

R A I N E R

"Of course, Rainer. I'm Bacchus, am I not?"

He gave a little raise of what would be an eyebrow, chuffing in a way that could be seen as good-naturedly, "As ve are!" Circe had not known him long, but it would likely be clear to her the difference between the way he interacted with this male and the way he interacted with herself and even Beau. While he put on a face of pleasantry mixed with calm dominance, anyone that had known him closely would be sure to keep their eyes sharp.

"What's your name, dearest?"
      "Circe."

When the halfling spoke to his daughter, he blinked twice - he would not interfere with his grown daughter. He had not been there with her from the start, so he did not feel it prudent to step in like a father protecting property. She was not property, not his and definitely not the bastard prince's. Still, he observed closely this interaction, especially the way that Beau stepped closer to Circe and growled slightly. A quick huff of air and a calm blink to the brown wolf would tell him this: I have the situation, but I appreciate your protection of her.

"I commend you for carrying our lineage where I cannot."

Even if Rainer had been a footsoldier, he was intelligent and the wording did not go over his head. As Basma complimented Circe, the larger male considered the words and implication. The sky above was still darkened by the eclipse, and would be for at least a minute and a half more, so it drew his attention briefly as he thought. His tail waved slightly as he looked back over his gathered few, scanning the shadows for more who might be hiding - watching.

"and you, a brilliant idea. Where shall we begin?"

His teeth gleamed in a grin, savage brightness in his eyes. "Ve begin here, now. Gathering strength und, more importantly, informazion. Ve lost much in zee fall, so ve must gather before ve are limited by land und recognition," his eyes traversed over the gathered few as he spoke, careful not to give favor to any in time spent on their face. "We must look forvard, not to zee past - we have no land, no young, no lifestock, zo each volf may claim zeir own role in zis new Bacchus, unrestricted zo long as they are helping."

Rainer let what he'd said settle for a moment before continuing, turning the conversation to those present. "Do you know of anyone, pack or rogue, who may aid us in zis informazion quest?" He would wait for responses, listening intently to any that were given. "My brother, Julek, und his kin are in zee pack Nardir. I plan to vizit zere, do you visch to join me?"

♫ i don't break hearts ♫
♪ i destroy zem ♪

I started to use this for the accent. I hate how it swaps B and P, and makes J into CH so I just change that back, lol.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:48:55 AM by Rainer. »

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2017, 01:22:43 PM »
The smile splitting Basma's maw grows exponentially as Rainer speaks. Protective of his daughter, as he should be, but not overbearing. Good. He knows that, among pure Bacchus, his difference is obvious, but he bleeds blue, and perhaps, he insists as much to overcompensate in case his soiled lineage should come up. Luckily, it does not. Gladly, he thinks Rainer the sort he could follow.

Despite boundless ambition, Basma is not necessarily so hungry for power he would usurp any above him-- especially without the muscle of Meztli at his side, or even reason. Given enough prestige, the halfbreed is easily sated with war strategy and training the young for it. This pathetic band will see, soon enough.

He listens intently, already longing for a self-made position, a rank of glorified babysitter, confidante and crusher of coups. Basma will be content with his appointed place, but others may not be. If Rainer doesn't think to prepare for that, he deserves his fall.

The mention of Nardir, of brother forces a furrow to Basma's brows. He's not sure he can stand a happy family reunion, with his brother's blood caked in the cracks of his claws. Alternatively, he suggests, "I saw a fire, from the temperates. Howls in the night. I believe some sort of battle took place there. War-torn cultures are easier to assimilate."

His singular focus shifts, from their new king to the two that accompany him. Basma doesn't intend to take this journey alone, but any suggestion of company could be seen as treason. It's natural, for Rainer to be protective of his position as alpha. Especially since he has yet to earn it.

Offline Anky

• Guardian
  • Regular
  • Where the sky meets the sea
  • Liked: 142
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 12:48:53 PM »
||Myth||

It's a bit early in the day for morning. The cheerful voice piped as purple eyes lifted skyward, searching for the cause of the darkening sky. She watched through squinted eyes as the light of the sun got dimmer and dimmer, strange shadows filtered through the trees and speckled her black cloak with moon shaped slivers of light. Myth had seen this before, though she couldn't quite remember when.... A chorus of insects rose up around her, consuming the bird songs that had been so cheerful only moments before. Through the cacophony of chirping, something caught her ear, a howl, somehow familiar but not really. She perked her ear in the general direction before shifting her gaze to follow. Well dears, it's time to go home for dinner. As she spoke a rather large piebald raven drifted down from an overhead branch to land on the ground beside her. Find the howler.... he corrected with a caw before launching himself through the canopy of trees followed by two smaller black ravens, heading toward the gathered four.

An eruption of cawing and the whooshing of wings traveled down from above the would be pack, landing in branches high above them and calling out to their lady. Here, here, here. the larger of the three called out, his white speckles contrasted against his normal black feathers.

Slowly the old woman walked through the soft pine floor of the forest, finally sighting the strangers just as she heard the call from her ravens. Approaching with a gentle smile, she looked over the four wolves, one of whom looked familiar but should have been much much smaller, a pup almost. Listening as he spoke but to her, he was simply playing a game. What a good boy you are! Are you playing nicely with your friends? addressing Rainer. Oh and look at you, don't you make a lovely couple! she smiled at Basma and Circe. Lastly, she addressed Beau Sweet boy.

In the branches above the piebald raven gave a sigh, They're adults.... he said with a roll of his eyes.

Dear me! What's this then? Are you going home now? It has been such a long time since I've been home. Will you be a love and allow me to join you?

||Circe||

Circe nods as her father speaks, knowing of his plan to visit nearby packs, she had already committed to going with him but she speaks up for Beau and Basma's benefit. My sister Carissi is already committed to another pack but there is still my brother.... She trails off, she still had no idea where he was or if he was still alive and that hurt her heart. Blinking hard, she steps forward I will go with you to Nadir Father.

She turns to Basma as he suggests an alternative but before she can reply a storm of feathers and squawks crash through the canopy above and much to her surprise, one of them speaks. Fear coursed through her for a moment, they were calling to someone, she worried it was someone who would mean them harm. As the old woman padded into their company she relaxed, this was no threat. H.... she started to greet the woman but stopped when Myth began to speak, greeting her father like he was a child during playtime. A smile crept across her face as she realized the woman might not be completely aware of what was going on but that quickly vanished when she mistook Circe and Basma as a couple. She blushed at the thought and took a step away from the black male, it wasn't that she wasn't interested but simply the suggestion of her being involved with anyone while her father was within earshot.

Her heart softened as Myth became a little more aware of their situation, Circe bowed her head to the elder. We would be honored by your company. I'm Circe, may I ask your name? her voice soft and calm. Myth was clearly of Bacchus blood, something Circe was still learning about but she was an elder and didn't seem to be very fit for traveling very far. Assuming her father welcomed the woman that is, Circe worried for her.

||Beau||

||Bullet points because I gotta leave in 5 minutes||

• Beau sat by quietly as the trio talked, still unsure of the black male's company but if his lady was going, he would be right beside her.
  • He jumped a bit at the sudden appearance of the ravens and the old woman.
  • In his training, Elders were highly respected so as his training told him, he offered her a bow when she addressed him.

||Sorry, so freaking short, gotta run!!||

Bin
|| MIA ||

Offline Rainer.

• Initiate
  • ironjaw
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 01:18:34 PM »

R A I N E R

The black-hooded king watched his fellows as they considered his suggestion of visiting Nardir - the furrow of Basma's brow, the repeated offer of his daughter, Beau's silence. Basma spoke up, giving another suggestion.

"I saw a fire, from the temperates. Howls in the night. I believe some sort of battle took place there. War-torn cultures are easier to assimilate."
      "My sister Carissi is already committed to another pack but there is still my brother....I will go with you to Nadir Father."

His ears perked as he listened, itching for the battle that would have occurred. He had been too far to take part or sneak in to observe, but he'd heard the howls in the distance. "Good call, although zey may be resistant or suspicious also. Did you zee any stragglers that may have fled to become nomads?" He then turned to Circe, nodding to her mention of Carissi, he'd seen her in the wilds along with his brother's mate (if she had given that information, Julek had lovingly described the female when they had met anyhow.) His eyes lit up at the thought of the brother, his son. He was sure he had a few around, several females had come to him requesting his services upon coming across him, but most had vanished before he'd had the chance to see his offspring. He gave a nod, approving of her statement of following to Nardir, even if she had named the place wrong. He was sure if she said it around them, they would quickly correct her, his brother had done the same to him.

"What a good boy you are! Are you playing nicely with your friends? Oh and look at you, don't you make a lovely couple! Sweet boy."
      "They're adults..."

A flutter of wings and an incoming voice, so familiar and yet so forgotten. He laughed at his great-great-great aunt's words. Man, she had aged over the past five or so years since Bacchus had fallen. He looked to the birds as she spoke to the others, noting that she had called his daughter and Basma a couple and that she had few words for the little timber wolf. He smiled in amusement at the largest raven's frustration before looking back at her. He wanted to call her Aunt Myth, though he wasn't sure of her true relation to him, though he knew they were all related in some way. She was already continuing before he could say anything.

"Dear me! What's this then? Are you going home now? It has been such a long time since I've been home. Will you be a love and allow me to join you?
      We would be honored by your company. I'm Circe, may I ask your name?"

Home? The thought hadn't quite hit home yet but he liked the idea. "Myth, you're doing vell! It's been a long time - I'm leading us home and you're velcome to join us!" he said, looking to the birds then, "And vhat are your names? Vould you be villing to help us scout ahead?" He then looked to Circe to explain, "Myth was part of Old Bacchus, she was vell established and loved by the youth vhen I was born." He didn't care if Basma hadn't liked Myth, he had enjoyed her and Fable's stories. Little did they all know, she was Basma's half sister - though Raserei had fathered Basma when he was well off in years and had fathered Fable, Myth, and Citric when he was very young.

He then considered the Nardir visit. "Vee plan on visiting Nardir and the area Basma suggested, but perhaps vee should set up camp outside zee perimeter for any of us who vish to rest or vait." He looked to Circe, hopefully meeting her eyes, then looked to Beau and Basma - the latter had clearly not seemed too keen to visit Nardir for whatever reason and who knew if Myth would wish to come with or not. "Nardir can vait if vee vant to check the battleground first - it iz more timely."

♫ i don't break hearts ♫
♪ i destroy zem ♪

I started to use this for the accent. I hate how it swaps B and P, and makes J into CH so I just change that back, lol.