Author Topic: Feeble offerings to Forgotten Gods [ Return/ Acceptance]  (Read 180 times)

Offline Castillo [Calico Jack]

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Thank you, Red!
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 1
Feeble offerings to Forgotten Gods [ Return/ Acceptance]
« on: August 21, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »
Tonight, its over, at long last we will fall
ruins will fight in our stead,

Silence and solitude had become a way of life for the painted bastard son of the scorned Quartermaster and Sailing Mistress after his mother had left. The cool wind danced along his wavy pelt, sending a small shiver down his spine as tangerine eyes scanned the landscape, familiarizing himself with the new territory Tortuga had called home. Though Castillo had never quite left Tortuga's boundaries, he might as well have as he crept around the borders, keeping to himself and out of the public eye. He had heard rumors, this and that, about the power struggles of the empire since Rita had left, but he paid little mind to the politics. He mainly kept an ear open for familiar names, though this was always left him with no news. No news was better than bad news, right?

This time though, he wanted to be seen. He had to be seen. A deep sense of longing with a hint of anxiety swirled around in his belly as he took a deep breath, pushing himself onward towards the open rims of Tortuga's borders.

He was near grown now, a spitting image of his calico mother, though quite a bit more unkempt than she would have ever allowed. His fur was thick and wavy, hues of wine and vanilla twirling around his body, a patchwork of a being. His stature was small, unlike his twin he presumed, who had been the brute of the two for as long as Castillo could remember. A shark tooth necklace swung softly as he moved, the only gift he had ever received from his father- whoever he had been. Castillo exhaled, closing his tangerine eyes.

Would Tortuga remember him as the son of a traitor, or would he be given the chance to show his own worth outside of his tainted bloodline?

It was not as if Castillo hadn't tried to join in on the pack before. Oh no, he had tried a handful of times, the last unfortunately met with an overwhelming number of unfamiliar pups who were all too friendly- friendlier wolves than Cas had ever come across in Tortuga. As they approached him one by one, recollections of the night Tortuga's beautiful exterior crashed and burned to ash flashed with every step the newcomers took towards him, their own faces melting as his tangerine eyes widened in horror. It was a never-ending nightmare, the same horror reliving itself in his mind like a cinematic reel. The smell of burning flesh lingered in his nostrils, and the screams of his blistering pack-mates as the flames had licked their bodies to ashes as they cried for salvation was forever branded in his memory, a venomous strike every time he closed his eyes.

But he was home now. He could do it this time. He had to do it this time. Mustering up every ounce of courage in his petite body, a raspy song left the boy's maw.

"Tortuga! It is I, Castillo. I have come from the edges of  Tortuga with the hopes that you will once again have me as one of your own. I offer myself and whatever skills I may possess to the whole of the pack. I will fill whatever duties Tortuga and the Captain require. "

My flesh is burning from the embers
but still the brilliant tale of our utopia
survives!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 04:56:09 PM by Castillo [Calico Jack] »

Offline Addereon

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • "Don't be shy, sweet thing."
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 32
Re: Feeble offerings to Forgotten Gods [ Return/ Acceptance]
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 11:49:22 AM »

As Addereon made his way around the borders for his last patrol of the day, he heard someone call out, however unsurely, and thought to himself 'why the eff did I sign up for this.' He wasn't exactly the personable type; were you supposed to be kind to wolves wandering the borders? It wasn't like he got any training. Oh well, he had the questions that had been brought up in recruitment, and Hebe's feedback on them, so that would have to be enough.

"Tortuga! It is I, Castillo. I have come from the edges of Tortuga with the hopes that you will once again have me as one of your own. I offer myself and whatever skills I may possess to the whole of the pack. I will fill whatever duties Tortuga and the Captain require."

Adder eyed the small wolf from the shadows for a minute, trying to figure out why his colors and pelt seemed so familiar. He spoke of being in Tortuga before; perhaps he had family here that the lion had seen in passing. Definitely none that he'd spoken to at length.

"Well Castillo," He murmured, stepping into the sun and up to the boy. "Why did you leave in the first place?" Offering his skills was good, yes, but that was expected of any member accepted into the pack, and Adder would need him to be more convincing than that to get in. "And willingness to be useful is always good--but why don't you tell me what some of these so-called skills are."

I'm out of my head
Of my heart, and my mouth
Cause you can run
But you can't hide
I'm gonna make you
mine

Offline Cider

• Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Keep reaching for my Hopes and Dreams
  • Liked: 31
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: Feeble offerings to Forgotten Gods [ Return/ Acceptance]
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 07:34:07 PM »

Cider had already been wandering, the Cutlass always seeming to be seeking something or another. Always seeming to pass along the borders as if looking for someone.... Or a few someones. A sigh escaped her as she made her rounds, blue gaze seeming dulled and bored, empty. She was not as bubbly as normal and yet she wasn't depressed either, She just kind of seemed there. A call reached her and she froze. She felt her heart stop, the world even. "Castillo." She would breathe out, charging off toward the sound at a dead sprint.

"Tortuga! It is I, Castillo. I have come from the edges of  Tortuga with the hopes that you will once again have me as one of your own. I offer myself and whatever skills I may possess to the whole of the pack. I will fill whatever duties Tortuga and the Captain require. "

She slowed as she approached both Addereon and her brother, her sweet, sweet brother whom she missed dearly. One look between the two and there was no mistaking the relation, siblings or a mother and child.... Heh. Cider listened, staying quiet, looking as if she'd seen a ghost, her sapphire eyes upon Castillo.

"Well Castillo,"

A soft growl from the tri--colored female. She didn't like that tone.

"Why did you leave in the first place?"

"Fire. Many were lost."

Cider would comment idly, setting her cool gaze upon Castillo now as she listened onward.

"And willingness to be useful is always good--but why don't you tell me what some of these so-called skills are."

Again with that tone. Cider's gaze would narrow before she looked to her younger sibling calmly. "Castillo, ¿dónde está la madre ?, ¿por qué te han ido tanto tiempo ?, ¿por qué te fuiste? ¿Tienes idea de lo preocupados que he estado o cuánto te han echado de menos tus hermanos y yo?" She spoke as calmly as she could, her voice quivering some. She... She needed to breathe.

Cider drew in a deep breath, exhaling slowly, swallowing back her emotions. "Castillo, please tell us about your skills and why you are worthy of returning to Tortuga." She hated this, she hated this so much but, she had seen Quinn return and vanish, Sammie... Chop.... It seemed herself, Vashe, and Barbados were the only three that really stuck around. She had to become colder if she wished those returning to pull their weight, she had too many marks against her name from returning members who.... Vanished again. She figured her brother would likely sass the large feline here so, that was why she echoed the question in her own way. Castillo knew better than to sass his sister.... Or at least she prayed he did.
Look who's digging their own grave
That is what they all say
You'll drink yourself to death

Look who makes their own bed
Lies right down within it
And what will you have left?

Out on the front doorstep
Drinking from a paper cup
You won't remember this

Living beyond your years
Acting out all their fears
You feel it in your chest