Author Topic: Obsidian Heart {PRP Nexys}  (Read 241 times)

Offline Leven

• The wind is a comforting friend, and shall be your guide..
  • Hero
  • Liked: 109
  • Likes Given: 788
Obsidian Heart {PRP Nexys}
« on: August 20, 2017, 04:50:51 PM »
Night was starting to fall among the great big redwood trees, the orange and reddish light bathing the ground where a fluffy blue snow saber lay in what she considered her secret spot. It had a spring where water burst forth and she watched a the fireflies came out and began to dance and dangle one landing on her black nose. Remia sneezed her fluffy neck fur bushing out sporadically, but then smoothed back down rather quickly. Summer was getting close to ending, and though this summer had been incredibly hot. Especially for her with her pelt meant for snowy climates, though it had gone down a bit to cope with her current environment. She was happy that they now lived in tree houses and there was cover everywhere you looked. Instead of on the plains.

But that wasn’t on her mind today, for today was the day she had gathered the courage to talk to one male about her feelings. But the thing that made it the hardest for her, was that this particular male was King Nexys leader of the obsidian tribe of stone claw. But also without whom, she believed that there would have been no more stoneclaw if he hadn’t taken up the mantle of leadership from their past ancestors as the pride's current and only lorekeeper liked to put it. But it wasn’t really of that that made the male interesting, he was very good with cubs as proven with the children he had raised as the only parent around. Though she had a hunch that Ranya helped there as well. But she also loved the way Nexys stood with pride, even when he was the most vulnerable of them all. The pelt and yes the stubby tail, but she shook her head and stood up.

“You can do this Rem, I’m sure he’ll be a fair judge and even if he breaks my heart there will still be more chances to prove myself. But I think it’s time my feelings came out in the open, considering I know how dense males can be to affection.” She mumbled to herself, and she trotted off to find Nexys.

It wasn’t all that hard. Since there were so few members of the pride when they had first arrived here, she knew the borders like anyone of them as she helped set up the territory especially the ones near the snowy mountains. Since she was one of the few accustomed to such situations and the snow here was not as cold as where she had lived previously so far up north. But she guessed that the king was finishing up his daily rounds, and if she didn’t find him anywhere on the usual patrol route. She would hope to find him in his den, and if not she would basically sit in his house till he arrived. Though she hoped she didn’t get lock jawed if he found her there and she couldn't say a single thing that came to mind.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 04:51:56 PM by Leven »

Offline Nexys

• Leader
  • Master
  • Warrior Chief of StoneClaw(Post count 279)
  • Liked: 37
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obsidian Heart {PRP Nexys}
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 07:42:23 PM »
Nexys sat quietly at the edge of the red wood forest, watching the sun cast its last light on the burned plains before him. The day was done and he could finally retire for the night but as he walked back toward the human village they had turned into their home, his mind began to wander. Fireflies flickered all around and the scent of early fall drifted to him on a lazy breeze. Soon summer would be over and their first winter in the forest would settle in. No one was sure of what they could expect from this place, but so far they'd gotten the hang of their home. Nexys was sure they would survive the winter without much problem.

Still, thoughts of the pride faded away with the flicker of fireflies and he could vividly recall the first time he had confessed his love to Lola. The sun had been setting over the river, fireflies everywhere. The King sighed and smiled softly to himself. He missed her sometimes. Their children were grown now and making him proud. He was sure she would have been proud of them too.

The sound of someone approaching pulled him from his memories and he blinked toward the sound. His ears flicked before he called out into the brush. "Who's there?"

Played by BlackRabbit since 2010

Offline Leven

• The wind is a comforting friend, and shall be your guide..
  • Hero
  • Liked: 109
  • Likes Given: 788
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 08:29:47 PM »
Remia was had been traveling the route for a while now, looking in bushes and underbrush not having seen one sign of the king. She was taking a small break on the route when a familiar scent tickled her nose and she smiled for it was who she was looking for. She stood up as he got near and mewled a greeting to Nexys as he said,”Who’s there?” she smiled as she stepped out of the bushes “Heyo Nexys don’t tell me you have forgotten me already.” She said, and chuckled a bit as she sat down next to him pretty close.

She was keeping her head cool though, “It’s interesting that I joined the pride a year or so ago, but so much has happened in that last year. You must be exhausted for having done so much, the pride couldn’t have asked for a better leader in this time of turmoil. But you know the night we were heading to this forest, before we knew what it was I saw your true self and you need not be afraid to show it around me. After all I respect you to the highest degree, and well honestly it’s good to see you. I kept remembering your words that day though and the words you had said.” She said, smiling her heart beating a million miles a second it felt like.

“That’s why I have something to ask you or well tell you. Once you know, I’m a bit nervous about coming out with it, since I haven’t been as good at words as our lorekeeper but I try my best.” She said, blushing quite heavily as her thick tail flicked behind her as she was quite nervous about his response. He may have guessed her intentions, but she had a feeling he would let her speak out but she wanted to hear his response to all of what she had said already.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:32:12 PM by Leven »

Offline BlackRabbit

• Leader
  • Hero
    • My status
  • Liked: 1485
  • Likes Given: 1593
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 08:48:47 PM »
“Heyo Nexys don’t tell me you have forgotten me already.”

Nexys chuckled a little. "I knew most felines by name when Stoneclaw was still a great nation. We are so few now, I know everyone." He raised a brow in good humor. He missed those days sometimes. When his power and influence in the pride were respected and he had the ear of the king. Somehow, he felt it was better than things were now. It felt he had more power then and it had become obvious over time that the responsibility for the lives of the others was a little overbearing. The responsibility of it all removed some aspects of the power he thought he might have. He had come to realize the stress Shai had bore in his time as their ruler and he had even more respect for the saber than he had before.

“It’s interesting that I joined the pride a year or so ago, but so much has happened in that last year. You must be exhausted for having done so much, the pride couldn’t have asked for a better leader in this time of turmoil. But you know the night we were heading to this forest, before we knew what it was I saw your true self and you need not be afraid to show it around me. After all I respect you to the highest degree, and well honestly it’s good to see you. I kept remembering your words that day though and the words you had said.”

"A year already?" Nexys mused. Had it really been that long? So much had changed in that short time but didn't it always? It only takes a second for ones life to change forever.

“That’s why I have something to ask you or well tell you. Once you know, I’m a bit nervous about coming out with it, since I haven’t been as good at words as our lorekeeper but I try my best.”

Nexys' brow furrowed with confusion. What could she possibly want from him? Not that he wasn't into dealing in favors...

Commissions/Art Tracker/Weasyl/Feral Art/Human Art//Character Bin