Author Topic: Pleased to Eat You [Saki][TW: Animal Death]  (Read 186 times)

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 3552
Pleased to Eat You [Saki][TW: Animal Death]
« on: August 16, 2017, 10:31:52 PM »
{Better safe than sorry, am I right? We're hunting here, and picking off the youngest, as you do.}

Forked tongue flicks, bones creak, mulch busts underfoot; he's never been much good at keeping quiet. Flighty little things, deer. Well, often not so little-- but this one is. Come a little closer, darling, mama doesn't need to know... Normally, the young ones are the first to bolt, but mom's already spotted him while the little one's nibbling away.

Vaudeville lunges for them, and the doe bounds off in a hurry, but the little one's still getting the hang of legs, and he outpaces it easily. Won't be needing those anymore. The hellhound seizes it by the back leg, and carries it screeching back to camp.

He doesn't like to leave Saki alone, since the run-in with Wago, but a girl's gotta eat, and so does he. "Saki!" he summons, sharp and coarse. He's not about to lose the thing after waking up in the middle of the effin' night with back pain and tracking the family to keep his mind off it. He thinks he broke the leg, but that could have just been the sound of his jaw popping-- again, not risking it-- and he's still got to see how far he can push this thing.

Whenever she shows up, he raises his head, skinny little legs reaching out to drag soft hooves against the ground, bleating pathetically. "Little help here!?"

Maybe she'll take it by the other end, so he can tear the guts out while it dangles from her pretty little mouth. Maybe she'll snap its neck then and there. Doesn't matter. Baby, kill for me.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:49:16 PM by Dusty Forgotten »

Offline WinterFever

• Regular
  • Try and fail, but never fail to try.
  • Liked: 106
  • Likes Given: 141
Re: Pleased to Eat You [Saki][TW: Animal Death]
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 11:22:07 PM »
One would think that waking up in the early morning would be peacful. The quietness being taken as an extremly relaxing feeling. No birds chirping, no loud voices talking, just pure quietness and relaxation. Saki hated it though. The quiet always meant loneliness. It meant that she was once again alone in these dark and winding woods. Her faint glowing markings making her an easy target if someone so chose to target her for a punching back.

"Saki!"

Her name was called. Perking her ears up, it took a moment for the young female to pick up the sound of popping. It wasn't her imagination of being called. She wasn't dreaming of familiar beings who were once close to her calling, her name. Raising her head, Saki blinked her tired light purple eyes as she uncurled herself and stood up on all fours.

"Yes?" She instinctively replied. Curious as to why Vaud was commanding her presence. Did he forget where they had set up camp last night? Was he really a lot older then her and a little senile now? No, no he was not. Her little bout of curiousity vanished as her eyes spotted the dark furred male bell beast. Her eyes going towards the poor creature that was dangling from his jaw. Blood slowly trickled from where Vaud was golding the baby deer, staining the things fur.

"Little help here!?"

Saki licked her lips as the smell of fresh blood met her nose. She was starting to wake up now, and the crying of the prey animal was starting to cause the duo to attract attection. So, Saki nodded her head in understanding to what Vaud was hinting at her helping him with.
Moving forward a moment, Saki stretched her paws forward and arched her back slightly to get rid of the tightness in her muscles before she stood up again. She moved closer towards Vaud, her light purple eyes glancing up towards the males face before she leaned forwar to grab ahold of the fawn, her fangs sinking into the creature. Just between the place where it's leg joined with the rest of it's body.

She bit down, her fangs sinking in as deep as they could go. Red, iron filled blood dripped down the side of her muzzle as she pulled back, splitting more and more of the skin on the poor creatures body. Her fur staining in a few places from the warm delicious liquid that was escaping from the prey. Saki shook her head from side to side slightly, vicious looking as she worked to help kill the fawn for their consumption. The sound of the bones cracking, skin ripping and the cries of pain filled Saki's ears as she helped Vaud end the life of a creature to feed themselves.
Come sink into me and let me breathe you in
I'll be your gravity, you be my oxygen
So dig two graves cause when you die
I swear I'll be leaving by your side

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 12:49:50 AM »
It bleeds out quick once she tears the damn shoulder off. Hey, it works. Little messy, bit unorthodox, but now she's got a leg to herself, her personal space back, and Vaudeville's got the rest of a dead deer. He fixes her with a particular stare, lets the smirk rise. Somehow sweet little Saki has wormed her way in his black heart, and he's gonna chain her to the goddamn floor if she even thinks about leaving.

Should've, could've, would've. She's his now. "Mine, he mutters, quickly dropping the fawn, putting a front paw on its rib-cage, and tearing the torso open. Did he really need her help with the thing? No, not by a long shot. Did it delight him to watch a sweetheart like Saki dismember a baby deer the second he suggested it? Abso-effing-lutely.

He flops down on the forest floor: the impact sends an ache through his joints, but everything does. Vaudeville rips at the carcass, silent aside from the snapping of taut flesh and the crunch of bones: between his chipped teeth, or inside. When Saki finishes what little flesh was found on her spindle of a leg, Vaudeville looks her over, and pushes the rest of the kill her way as far as his leg can overextend. The hellhound watches her, accept or reject the offer (she better effing take it) and wrestles a chunk of flesh from the hip.

It's almost quadruple-fold, if you think about it. She's already got it in her head, everything she gets is because he lets her have it, and even that belongs to Vaudeville, because ultimately, so does she. Somewhere in there, she's got the impression Vaude'll take care of her, since he's brought breakfast twice now, but she knows better than to fight him for it. Finally, sharing is just an easy way to get her a little closer. He's looking forward to winter.

"'S gettin' cold," he rasps, lip pulled up until he licks the blood from his gums, "We gotta get some meat on your bones." Fat, maybe, but muscle, for certain. If she's gonna run with Vaudeville, she's got to be able to run.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:48:38 PM by Dusty Forgotten »

Offline WinterFever

• Regular
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 10:36:32 PM »
Her effort didn't really seem to do as much damage to the deer fawn as she had hoped. Maybe it was because Saki was so soft hearted, or maybe it was because she was still nervous to be so close to Vaud. Whatever it was, at least she did something to help out. Even if it didn't seem like much and left her with a little meat on a leg. A fresh kill, was a fresh kill after all, so Saki would take it.

"Mine

So be it. Vaud was a larger creature so it would be understandable that he would be getting the bigger share of the kill. Not that it really bothered the younger female. She could survive a while off of this leg. She's gone a couple of days between meals before, only being able to catch a few squirrels. She was built for speed, more so then strength. So anything larger then a fawn would be a little challanging for the younger female. Not that she couldn't hunt anything bigger on her own, it'd just have to take some planning.

Taking her part of the kill, Saki took a few steps away from Vaud before she laid down on her stomach. Getting comfortable on the dirt before she placed a paw over the joint of the leg, elevating it a little and making it a little easier to get the meat off of the thicker side.
Saki sank her teeth into the flesh on the leg, tearing off peaces to devour. Warm blood trickled down from the hole ridden flesh. Saki's tongue moving fast to lick up the iron filled liquid before it could drip down to the ground. Not wasting a drop of blood or flesh. This was a gift from Vaud, it was not to be taken for granted.

When most of the meat was eaten off of the small leg, Saki glanced up. Just in time to see Vaud pushing the rest of the kill towards her. An offering, of sorts?

Saki blinked, a little unsure of what to think of the action. Was he being genuine? Did he really want to share? Or, did he want something other then being nice to her? Whatever it was, Saki was going to take the bait, food was to good to pass up at the moment. "Thanks." Her voice quiet as she got up from her laying position, moving closer towards the dark colored male. Stopping on the other side of the kill, and laying down once again. Her nose nudging the kill slightly more towards the male, a small act of kindness from her since she wanted to make sure he didn't crane his neck to much eating the meal he had provided for them both. Then, she got to nibbling on the meal once again. This time, taking small timid bites from the chest area of the fawn. More muscle, and organ meat filled her mouth then she was expecting. Then again, this was a fawn so things were more compact.

'S gettin' cold,"

Ears twitch as Saki picked up Vauds voice. Saki raises her head from the kill, licking her lips clean before she raised her nose to the sky. She closed her eyes and took in a few slow and even breaths before she opened her eyes and looked towards the male once again. "It seems that summer is coming to an end." She added her own thoughts to his. "Should we leave this area then?" She asked him, an innocent question. If it was getting colder, they'd have to either find a new area with a plentiful amount of prey to camp near, or they'd have to travel all throughout the winter, following whatever herds they could possibly find.

"We gotta get some meat on your bones."

Vaudeville's words caught Saki off guard. The surprise probably showing on her face as she had no idea what she should say or how to react to something like that.
"What's wrong with how I am now?" Saki asked, her head cocked to the side slightly as she looked at the bigger male with curiousity. Not being sure if she was stepping over her limits with him, but hoping to have intregued him instead with her being a little more talkative then she usually was with him.

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 01:23:07 AM »
"What's wrong with how I am now?"

A sick smile splits his face; there's some sinew stuck between his teeth, and he looks her over approvingly. "Not a damn thing, from where I'm sittin', sweetheart..." Split tongue swipes his nose, streaks it bloody. "But honey, you'll freeze right through winter. You're not dying on me yet."

Vaudeville crosses his front paws, one over the other, a sharp snap emanating from his elbow. "We should be hittin' the road soon, though. Can't let these old bones get rusty now." Vaude, they rusted out years back. No new paint job or a pretty girl chained to your tail is gonna change it this late in the game. "Gotta show you the ropes. I got plans for you, Saki." Like it or not.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 09:47:57 PM by Dusty Forgotten »

Offline WinterFever

• Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »
"Not a damn thing, from where I'm sittin', sweetheart..."

What in the world was Vaud insinuating? Did she look healthy? Was her fur looking nice today? Or was he just being nice to her? Whatever it was, Saki.... couldn't really wrap her head around, and could only find herself nodding her head, not fighting or accepting his words. She'll just take everything with a grain of salt for now.

"But honey, you'll freeze right through winter. You're not dying on me yet."

A soft smile appeared on Saki's lips. His words of consern were nice to hear from the larger male. It wasn't often that someone else worried about her, it felt nice. Even if she barely knew the male, it was still nice. "It'll take a lot more then the cold to kill me, Vaud." Saki spoke, speaking a nickname for him for the first time in the few days they've known each other.

"We should be hittin' the road soon, though. Can't let these old bones get rusty now."

"Have you been traveling a long time?" Saki asked, slightly curious about the older male and what he could of possibly done before they had met each other. If he was hinting at himself being older, he must have a lot of stories to share with her. Someday, maybe she'll ask him about them. For now, she was pretty content on keeping his past a mystery to her.

"Gotta show you the ropes. I got plans for you, Saki."

Saki lowered her head to lick the few drops of blood off of her paws. She liked to keep herself as clean as she could, so any imperfections often annoyed her slightly.
Her light purple eyes glanced up towards Vaud as she listened to Vaud. The, she raised her head and looked at the male slightly confused. "What do you mean by plans?" She asked, wondering if she should feel uneasy with the idea that he was coming up with something or not.

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 09:46:34 PM »
"It'll take a lot more then the cold to kill me, Vaud."

Is that a challenge? He bites back a response akin to "don't tempt me," and drowns the thought in fawn's blood. Makes sure to go in at the same time as she, and bump their noses as he tears an organ out.

"Have you been traveling a long time?"

"Longer than you've been alive, sweetheart."

"What do you mean by plans?"

He doesn't answer; the pain is welling up from his stomach and bones, and he needs a distraction. The smooth stones, offered to them by Wago, still tucked in the back of the den the pair have been hunkered down in. Vaudeville drops the onyx and sodalite at her feet, both lengths of leather dangling from his blood-stained maw. He tosses them to Saki, and curls up around what's left of the fawn, back to her. "Figure it out."

Offline WinterFever

• Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 12:29:05 PM »
A small sigh escapes from Saki as she watched Vaud. He was such a secretive male that Saki often wondered if he just lives his life in a bubble or something. Her eyes stay focus on the back of the male for a moment before she looks down at the stones that they were given by that Wago male. To say the least, Saki was surprised that Vaud actually accepted the gifts.

"Hmm." The young female hummed to herself as she thought about what sort of plans Vaud might be thinking of. Her paws moving to fool with the rocks as she though. "Do you, plan to hurt me?" She voiced her thoughts, but her eyes were on the stones as she put the leather string through them. "Is there, something you, want from me?" Her questions weren't meant to be answered, her thoughts were just escaping without her realizing it.

Once the necklaces were made, Saki tied the ends into a not. A small grin appeared on her lips as she looked at the pretty stones on the leather. "They came out quite beautiful." She breathed out as she admired the stones.
Slowly, Saki sat up and looked at the stones. The morning sun shined on them just right, causing them to glisen in the morning light. "Pretty." Saki mumbled as she held the stones up, grinning as she looked at them in the light.

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 12:12:10 PM »
"Do you, plan to hurt me?"

Ears pin back against his skull, nestled right up against the horns. He doesn't. For once in his goddamned life, he doesn't. If she just keeps her mouth shut, follows his lead, Vaudeville doesn't see a reason he would need to. He never enjoys hurting others, but when your body is as fragile as his, you can't give anyone the opportunity to hit first. You don't get this old living otherwise.

He ignores the rest of what she says, leaves the deer a mess of bone and sinew, not much fat on it to begin with, much less now. Bones crack back into place as he stands, each toe crunching on the soft ground as he trots over to meet her, snatches a strap from off her paws without really bothering to check which it's attached to. He'd planned to keep the sodalite for himself, just because it reminds him of Saki, hoping the onyx to do the same for her, but there's heat crawling up his neck and curling in the back of his eye sockets, and he knows he'll get testy if they don't start moving.

He's got to keep these old bones moving. He's not ready to get all domestic quite yet.

Vaudeville tosses his head back, throwing the leather loop into the air, and lets it slip over his face. Shaking his head dislodges it from the crook of his horns, falling nicely between his protruding clavicles. He still doesn't check which it was.

"Come on," he snaps, before he can get too sentimental, "can't slow down now."

Vaudeville fully intends to keep gaining speed until he crashes and burns. If all goes to plan, he's taking Saki with him.