Author Topic: We Know the Way [Navigator Check-in/Recruitment]  (Read 463 times)

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 0
We Know the Way [Navigator Check-in/Recruitment]
« on: August 06, 2017, 02:49:51 PM »
It had been a long trip but Kalypso was glad to finally be back home. Leaving was great, it was always fun to visit their allies and meet their neighbors figuritivly speaking but coming home was one of the best feelings in the world to the Sailing Master. Hm. Kally frowned as she walked through the tropical jungle and headed towards the beach. The title didn't sound right to her, the name didn't feel comfortable she wasn't a sailing master, she was more like a .. wayfinder. A soft smile curved her lips as the ocean breeze floated through the cedar trees and ruffled her fur. She lifted her head, taking a deep inhale of the fresh salt air and exhaled happily as she picked up the pace. Head held high Kalypso headed towards the beach on a mission. Once she reached the beach she paused and took in the sight of the sight of the ocean crashing against the shore as the sun began to head for the horizon.

Kally wondered what laid beyond that line,

if there was anything else out there.

Shaking herself from her thoughts she headed up the coast towards the Blind Watchman, knowing that it would be the most likely place to find her fellow sailors as the day began to end and they settled in for a good brew provided by the ever so lovely Gull. Kally stopped outside the bridge that lead to the little island and threw back her head, calling whoever felt like answering. Shuffling her paws excitedly and took a seat and tried to keep her tail from kicking up a sandstorm behind her. If she concentrated hard enough she could make it stop. She was young and fresh and she didn't want to make the wrong impression with her ass wiggling like a puppies.

Once people had begun to gather she would give them all a warm, welcoming smile. "'Ey guys. For anyone who doesn't know I'm the new Sailing Master er.." She paused and wrinkled her nose, "Ugh I hate that name. Just call me the Wayfinder please. Is anyone staying as a Navigator? Does anyone want to join us and become a Navigator? It'll be fun I promise!" Kally should probably be more serious and stern about this recruitment but she couldn't keep her excitement from bubbling out. "If you're new and you want to become a navigator tell me what you think are important skills for a navigator to have."

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Dixie

• Governess & Navigator
  • Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: We Know the Way [Navigator Check-in/Recruitment]
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 03:06:14 PM »
   The water had haunted her dreams. Dixie knew everything that had happened, and knew that she was living despite it. Others had taken care of her, and she was healing. But even so, sometimes she felt herself shaking despite the amount of care she got. For now, she had been thinking of the pups to come into the world sooner or later. There were three litters, if she remembered well. It was enough work for her at the moment, but she kept in mind what her other job was. When she wasn’t overwhelmed with pups, she was taking on the role of a navigator. She had been one for a good long while, but it wasn’t where her heart laid completely. She enjoyed it, but she knew she truly belonged with the Tortugan youth.

The call for navigators brought forth a wave of memories. At one point, it had been Rum that held the title of Sailing Master, and then Morgan. She felt as if she were forgetting other previous rank leaders, but her mind was fuzzy. She had been apart of Tortuga for so long, she couldn’t recall every little detail. The history didn’t matter that much, not at the moment. Dixie would go to Kalypso’s call, knowing well that this was a rank check in, as well as possible recruitment. The dog quietly slipped into the meeting area, having nothing to say, but giving the younger girl a friendly nod if the other looked her direction.

”Ey guys. For anyone who doesn't know I'm the new Sailing Master er...Ugh I hate that name. Just call me the Wayfinder please. Is anyone staying as a Navigator? Does anyone want to join us and become a Navigator? It'll be fun I promise!" The happiness in Kalypso’s voice helped lighten Dixie’s mood. The dog smiled toward the rank lead. “I’d like to remain a navigator.” Should she throw in that she liked the new lead rank title? Morgan had felt almost like a daughter to her, and Rum had been special. Kalypso had been born into Tortuga, so of course Dixie knew her, but she still didn’t feel as close to others she had helped raise. Hopefully her smile would show that she was happy with the choices being made. As for being new, she was not. She'd hold her tongue, looking to see if anyone new did arrive, and listen to what they had to say.

Yeah I wish I’d been a
Wish I’d been a teen, teen idle
Wish I’d been a prom queen
Fighting for the title
Instead of being sixteen
And burning up a bible
Feeling super, super Suicidal
The wasted years
The wasted youth
The pretty lies the ugly truth
And the day has come
Where I have died
Only to find I’ve come alive

played by alue | #45c8bf

Offline Kaikona

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 04:46:53 PM »
Dawn.

The cool morning breeze billowed through Kaikona's fur, allowing the male a few moments of peace away from the rest of the crew. Paws press against the sandy dune as he made his ascent atop of it before sitting down and gazing out towards the horizon, his nostrils flared taking in a deep breath of the salty air before exhaling a soft sigh. A lazy grin found it's way upon his lips as he watched the waves roll over the horizon; however, his attention quickly changed to another beauty wandering the beach. Orange and cyan eyes peered down below towards the blue and cream female traversing across the shoreline and in turn his heart swelled with pride.

Kalypso, his beloved, Kalypso.

Where would he be now without her? After losing his father when he was younger and as of recently, his mother, Kaikona owed it to her being able to bring out the very best within him. He wanted to be by her side until the end of his days and he knew for a fact that would be a promise he would keep to her no matter what. His tail flicked against the sand with a lazy wag before he slowly made his way to his feet. He stretched his body out before yawning and started to follow in that direction, albeit, he would be fashionably late. Instead,  Kai diverted his path to make his way down to where the vegetation was and picked out a flower, snapping it up in his jaws.

A broad grin crossed his features as he started up the coastline where she and another had already gathered; however, he came from downwind. Kai passed right by her side, before dropping the flower behind her ear catching the sound of her minor speech. He gave her a rather mischievous smile before chuckling,  "Congratulations, Wayfinder." I'm glad it was you. He then found his place somewhere among the others and allowed the others to first speak their parts.

"I too will remain a navigator. If ya still be havin' me."

Offline Aysu.

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 12:48:06 PM »
Aysu answered the call wearily, a sleepless night breaking to a dawn she wasn't ready for. Still yawning she trotted in to meet the others, shaking her head to wake herself further, but to no avail. She was still dead tired but trying her best to look fully awake and alert. The salty sea air ruffled her fur and although she was sleepy, she decided it was a good day to go searching for crafting items. Having her own shop was her dream and that meant every day working was what she strove for. Navigating was a secondary, in her mind. Not that it wasn't something she enjoyed or that she wouldn't answer any call, as collecting information for Raikov was of great importance to her, but her passion was crafting.

Bi colored eyes shifted around to the small gathering and she wondered where the others were. It had been a long time since the group had met like this tho, there was a good chance that they had found work elsewhere. Aysu took note of who was around, seating herself to listen to the new Wayfinder. She had never met the lady before but the other two she'd seen around. "I'm sticking around as well, Wayfinder." She said with a nod of her head to their new leader.

Played by BlackRabbit since 2015

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 04:46:39 PM »
This is open til Sept. 2nd~

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Bat Kol

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 04:26:24 PM »
Bat Kol heard the call and found himself just the opposite side of the bridge connecting the islands when it echoed out. His den was just around the figurative corner from the Blind Watchman, and he spent a lot of time on his own quiet stretch of beach, telling fortunes and throwing bones for crewmates who sought him out after a drink at the bar. Today, however, he had felt disconnected from the others, and had decided to venture back to the mainland. Draped around his neck was some sea-worn netting hanging over a shoulder, and in it was a patch of red cloth bundled up. It was a perfect day to see a Crafter for this particular need, but it seemed it would have to wait.

A summons from Kalypso for the Navigators was not to be ignored, and it was even on his way! Truly, Bat Kol could see this was destiny, and he grinned as he loped on lanky legs toward the call.

With a gentle wave of his long, brush-like tail, Batty beamed at his sister. Albatross had been a decent stand-in Sailing Master, but it was obvious his sister had the dedication to do a fantastic job!

"Wayfinder, I like that. It suits you, sister," he said softly as he settled down with the rest of the group. "If it's alright with you, I'd like to stay as a Navigator as well."

Even Bat Kol couldn't stay sequestered away the way Gull happened to. She lived and breathed her job, but his fortune telling was no rank, and he truly only did it for the little bits and bobs others bribed him with, and would do it for free if the visitors asked. Batty was gentle and kind that way, even if his future sight was remarkably accurate. He needed to stay with the Navigators to thrive.

When the moon is in the seventh house,
And Jupiter aligns with Mars,
And peace will guide the planets,
And love will steal the stars.

This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius,
The age of Aquarius.
This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius,
The age of Aquarius.

Harmony and understanding,
Sympathy and trust abounding,
No more falsehoods or derisions,
Golden living dreams of visions,
Mystic crystal revelation,
And the mind's true liberation,
Aquarius, Aquarius.

#C75D4D
- Played by Red -

Offline Albatross [RP]

• Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 04:39:56 PM »
The evening was settling in, and with light steps, Albatross was strolling along the beach, soothed by the hush of the waves and the smell of salt. Home fit this place more than the old territory ever did, and a small smile played at her lips. It was easier, now, to relax and find time for herself now that the weight of the Navigators had been passed to Kalypso. Albatross was more than pleased to let her lead the group of ambassadors, especially when the younger girl had embraced it so readily.

Perhaps Alby, as Loan Shark, should have given up the rank entirely, but she was a curious and social lady of the sea, and it suited her to fill the gaps between Shark duties with other things. Much as she was loath to admit it Alby had no mastery of coordination for crafting, and that was her only other passion.

So when Kalypso beckoned them, Albatross picked up her gentle pace to one a little more hastened, reaching the group after several others had arrived.

"Well met, Wayfinder. I hope that I'm still welcome here as a Navigator. I'm looking forward to seeing ya sailing this crew in the right direction," she said with mercury eyes sparkling in pride and good humor. If anyone who had been under her tutelage for the brief duration she had temporarily led deserved the promotion, it had been Kalypso. Albatross would have stayed, even if not passionate as she was, if only to show her own support and approval of the choice.

She padded over to Bat Kol, and with a bump of her shoulder against his, Alby sat, curling her tail neatly around her paws.

In my left hand there is the familiar
In my right hand there's the great unknown
I can see the madly different grass there
But I'm drawn to wilder nights at home

Don't listen to your friends
See the despair behind their eyes
Don't listen to your friends
They only care once in a while

I can feel the draw,
I can feel it pulling me back,
It's pulling me back,
It's pulling me.