Author Topic: take me - acceptance! open!  (Read 455 times)

Offline Vixxie

• Hero
  • Liked: 59
  • Likes Given: 85
take me - acceptance! open!
« on: August 03, 2017, 05:55:32 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

AHUUUUUUAAAAAAAH

Sybella's head collapsed to her side, yet again. There could not have been anything left for her to vomit, yet her insides persisted. Sweat was matting her hair as she baked in the hot sun, unable to move. Or she was just scared to move, as it seemed that any little twitch caused her stomach to upturn again. She should not have drank from that water.

Blue eyes took a quick sweep of what she could see of the horizon, granted she didn't have the best point of view. Before her, maybe just a hundred yards away, was the wall she'd set off to investigate. The smell of community was overwhelming, and the babies... oh she smelled lots of those, too. She yearned for it. She kind of took a crap on those plans, though. Unless their border patrol was ambitious, it was unlikely anyone would see her heaving in the fields. Her small body was mostly engulfed by tall grass.

If close enough, you could probably hear her small groan. She shifted cautiously away from the smell of her stomach waste, that alone could make her puke again. She felt so pathetic.
"Help meeeee." She whined to no one in particular, maybe just whoever controlled her piss poor fate. Out of all the watering holes in this clearing, why did she have to drink from the poisoned one?

"can i drink you, to wake me,
swirl you in my mouth, on my tongue,
and taste you like honey, a drop or two?
keep your coffee, your tea. give me you,
give me half a sip of ecstasy."

farai sybella caolan

Offline Francisca

• Gemini
  • Regular
  • i'm sorry i'm not honest
  • Liked: 45
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: take me - acceptance! open!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 07:32:47 PM »
The regular patrol was different with the wall completed. Her routes were different, her schedule changed. Patrolling along the wall, instead of just the far border, was far more important now. Franky wasn't entirely sure she liked it, which is why she often didn't patrol right along the wall. She liked to do a sweep a little ways away from the wall, keeping it on her good side so she could always see it at a distance. It was only her peculiar tendency that allowed her to notice the lump of sad flesh laying in the grass a ways away.

Franky approached carefully. Only when she heard another groan was she certain the thing wasn't dead. Now she approached a bit more quickly, but still stayed clear enough to not touch the stranger. "Hang on, I'll bring you some clean water," she reassured the... that was not a lion, but it was something. As soon as she'd delivered that message, she took off in the direction of a creek she knew of. It didn't take long to find some moss and soak it in fresh water, and then return to where the sick not-lion at been.

She laid the moss with water near the cat's nose, and then backed away slightly. Was whatever the stranger had contagious? She wasn't sure. "Drink that, it's fresh water," Franky insisted as gently as she could. "I'll call for some healers. You're lucky I found you." She then threw back her head to howl, a clear call for medical aid. Hopefully someone would come.

In the meantime, though... "Are you well enough to speak? What's your name? When did you fall ill?" She didn't know much, but she had to try something.

how long, baby, have i been away?
oh, it feels like ages though you say it's only days
there ain't language for the things i've seen
and the truth is stranger than my own worst dreams
the truth is stranger than all my dreams
oh, the darkness got a hold on me

i have seen what the darkness does
say goodbye to who I was
i ain't never been away so long
don't look back them days are gone
played by spearstrike

Offline Jasmine~

• Gemini
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 10:19:33 PM »
          The scent of lavender, clean and crisp and welcoming, was almost a herald to the lovely aromatic woman's arrival. She had been doing nothing too important, gathering resources and herbs from around the territory as was habit. When Jasmine heard the call from near the border, a call for medical aid, of course she dropped everything else and took off. Her expertise might have been aimed more towards mental well-being, but that didn't mean she couldn't bandage a wound or bring down a fever.

A million thoughts raced through her mind as she traveled through Gemini. Was someone injured? Had another tragedy struck her seaside home? No, no -- the call wasn't urgent enough, not panicked as she would expect it to be. That eased her worries a small bit, but she quickened her pace anyway.

She arrived to find a blue Gemini woman and a large cat. Cheetahs were not a new idea to her, but Jasmine had never actually seen one before. The woman could smell the unpleasant scent of vomit and sick, ears falling back against her skull as she surveyed the scene before her. "What's happened here, then?" Jasmine asked softly of either being, smiling pleasantly at the other two present. "I'm Jasmine, here to help." The bag hanging around her neck was slipped off and placed on the ground, the periwinkle woman already searching the inside contents for what she needed.

Out from the bag came heaping loads of basil, a small pouch that seemed a little wet with shredded ginger packed tightly within, and a small clay jar containing honeycomb that she plopped unceremoniously onto the ground. "I can see you're sick, but what from? Have you eaten or drank anything suspicious lately?" Knowing what caused the sickness was the first step in curing it.

Offline Vixxie

• Hero
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 11:48:59 PM »
Naturally, it was the moment that she'd lost all hope and was beginning to accept her fate when she heard the careful steps advancing. She fought to raise her head, the mop of hair falling conveniently to help better see the approaching wolf. She probably should have felt threatened or intimidated, but her eyes lit up at the mere sight of the pretty lady. Francisca may not have felt the same for her, as the cat reeked of vomit still -- and she realized it immediately, thank the heavens.

"Hang on, I'll bring you some clean water." Sybella sat up to protest, but when she opened her mouth to speak to the lady, she'd already gone. Her stomach turned again. As the seconds passed she grew anxious that the she-wolf wouldn't return.
And then! Just as before, as she was beginning to lose faith..

"Drink that, it's fresh water,"

"Cheers, ya didn't have ta do that!" Her voice was chipper but barely reached beyond the tone of a whisper. Her muscles were too weak to even strain her voice. She waited briefly before helping herself to the water-soaked moss. It was beyond refreshing to be able to cleanse her palette. As she was helping herself politely, she listened as the wolf went on.

"I'll call for some healers. You're lucky I found you." Her small ears shot back against her skull at the howl, cowering slightly. The thought of seeking a sanctuary here seemed a little uncomfortable for her now. Was she going to be out of place? Outnumbered? Would they accept her? She was a feline, after all. How would she call for help... she couldn't emit anything like that. Her stomach turned. What're'ya thinkin' sheila? She questioned her motives.

"Are you well enough to speak? What's your name? When did you fall ill?"

Perking up at the survey of questions, Sybella attempted to lift herself. It was important for her to appear attentive and strong, regardless of her stomach feeling otherwise. "Yep, sure. You can call me Sybella, I've been sick for... maybe an hour or two?" She turned away, afraid that she might buckle just at the thought of how long she'd been puking. When she was confident she could face the lady without making a mess, she turned to look at her again. A begging smile now, "I do apologize, cheers to you again for being so lovely." She would definitely owe Francisca one for this.

Just as she thought to ask some questions of her own, another pretty lady came to view. Actually, they looked... all too similar?CRIKEY, am I really that ill!?

"What's happened here, then? I'm Jasmine, here to help." She looked to and from the long-haired pretties, the movement was just enough to make her feel nauseous. And her stomach turned.

AHUUUUUUUUUAH

Her dainty paws held her at an angle away from she two eerily similar wolves, and she collapsed in place. Embarrassed. Defeated by this wretched sickness. Her head rolled against the ground beneath her, peering up at the one who had just joined the party.

"I can see you're sick, but from what? Have you eaten or drank anything suspicious lately?"

Struggling now, Sybella responded, "I haven't hadda tucker- er, a meal in a minute. It musta been ya waterin' holes down the way." She sighed before continuing, "I'm truly... ashamed to be found like this. I apologize... to the both of ya."

« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:50:24 PM by Vixxie »

farai sybella caolan

Offline Vixxie

• Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 10:17:14 AM »
bump bump bump it up

farai sybella caolan

Offline Francisca

• Gemini
  • Regular
  • i'm sorry i'm not honest
  • Liked: 45
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 03:20:15 PM »
[ OH WOW i didnt realize itd been so long!! sorry for the wait ]

The cat had a sort of embarassed yet cheery air to her, even through the weakness of of her illness. That was a good sign, or... at least Franky was pretty sure that was a good sign. Her grasp of illness was pretty limited, really. Regardless, she was pretty sure it meant that this stranger wasn't about to keel over. That was a plus.

"Cheers, ya didn't have ta do that!"

"It's no problem," Franky replied with as much as a smile as she could muster. To be honest, she suddenly felt incredibly awkward.

"Yep, sure. You can call me Sybella, I've been sick for... maybe an hour or two? I do apologize, cheers to you again for being so lovely."

Only an hour or two seemed like a sign that it probably wasn't too serious. If it'd been a serious poison she imagined Sybella would have been dead, and it meant that she hadn't been wandering for days sick. The compliment made Franky blink, though.

Help came relatively quickly, luckily enough. It was someone she'd never seen before, which was probably good because Franky had to do a double take to make sure she hadn't seen her own reflection, or her... Someone who didn't know better might have thought they were related. Well, was there any proof they weren't, somewhere far back? Okay this was a line of thought that was getting them nowhere.

"I haven't hadda tucker- er, a meal in a minute. It musta been ya waterin' holes down the way. I'm truly... ashamed to be found like this. I apologize... to the both of ya."

"I'd rather have found you like this than as a corpse," the ranger replied smoothly. A watering hole? She should take someone down with her to check that out, in case it needed to be kept off limits from now on. She looked over to Jasmine now.

"We should get her to the Living Tree. I'll have someone there investigate those pools with me." She turned to look at Sybella again. "Do you think you can walk? We can help support you. You can rest with our healers until you're well again. When you're better, you can decide if you want to stay."

Helping a large cat into the territory didn't sound like a pleasant use of her day, but what could you do.

[ as far as im concerned sybella is basically accepted but we can continue this thread 2 wrap it up ]

how long, baby, have i been away?
oh, it feels like ages though you say it's only days
there ain't language for the things i've seen
and the truth is stranger than my own worst dreams
the truth is stranger than all my dreams
oh, the darkness got a hold on me

i have seen what the darkness does
say goodbye to who I was
i ain't never been away so long
don't look back them days are gone
played by spearstrike