Author Topic: hotline [prp| strick]  (Read 99 times)

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 31
  • Likes Given: 1
hotline [prp| strick]
« on: August 02, 2017, 07:00:29 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; takes place immediately after she departs from Carol's acceptance.
she lives under a random willow in the grove where that huge ass willow tree on the map is, so it's very likely that even if they didn't know where her den was (she said it in the mass acceptance thread), they could easily stumble upon her.

-------------------------

Her stomach was in her chest, it caused her a dreadfully difficult time breathing. Blood boiled, she wheezed out and her muscles her tense; like she was choking with nothing but emotion lodged in her throat. Her head was spinning, tail limp and eyes practically dead; the typical Iaera was somewhere else. The typical Iaera would have handled things better, would have stuttered a little but got the job done and made a new acquaintance. The Ranger was fuming, not at Carol, or anyone else in particular, mostly at herself, or just in general. It was like she was carrying a weight in her lungs, full of salty sea water.  The little wolfdog was still reeling, she'd been hateful, she'd been mean and selfish and childish and stupid and awful and totally out of line. Tears were forming in her eyes, a low sob escaping her throat. Stupid! Stupid girl! Bad stupid girl! Bad job! Voices of self-depreciation were screaming in her ears, whipping her and drawing blood at the heart. It stung, how could she have been so awful to Carol?

She certainly hadn't wanted to be, and she'd been so fine with dogs before? With exceptions. Was it the trinkets? Was it just the mood she happened to be in? A poor state of mental health fueling a poorer state? Iaera had not realized she had a problem, at least not in the sense that it was something that could be helped. In her eyes it was she who was the problem, she was just awful and fearful and it was all her fault she couldn't be better. So of course, when something more feral showed it's face to protect Iaera from the dog with human objects, it was all Iaera's fault again. The gray and tan woman whimpered as she neared her den, tears dripping down from her face. Her patrol cut short, practically running away from Carol once she was close enough into the inner parts of Gemini to be fine. Whole body aching with tension, like she was weak and restless at the same time. The sky was spinning over her when she finally splashed across the tiny stream next to her flower-covered den in the willow groves.

As dramatically as any angsty teen might, she threw herself on the floor of her den after pushing through the wisps of willow branches. Letting out a loud groaning sigh and transitioned into a soft sob. She wasn't even sure what she was feeling? Anger? At who? Carol? Herself? Dogs? Humans? The captors at the village? The taunting pups? Sadness? Missing her mother? Reliving jealousy? Feeling sorry for herself? It was too much to process! The Ranger-slash-Whisper had thought being alone to calm her nerves would help, but clearly too much swam in her head in the darkness of her den. So she forced her way out, catching a willow branch and snapping it as it wrapped her up. Face still stained dark with tears as they dripped down from her brilliant purple eyes. She had hid from Gemini for so long, trying to serve them well without actually being a part that could be rejected. Not anymore, right now all she wanted was company, someone to make her feel better. Her first thought was really the only person she knew well in Gemini, Iridescent. But before she could set a course a sound caught her ear, someone was approaching.

Iaera swallowed hard and whispered out, "H-h-hallo?" 

#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline ⋖Stricklander⋗

• It’s a terrible thing, isn’t it?
  • Initiate
  • To be dragged under?
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: hotline [prp| strick]
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 12:49:35 AM »
His day had been fairly normal by his standards. Roaming the boarder, checking things, learning the lay of the land. He was still committing everything to memory, rocks and trees and paths. Plus, the more busy he kept himself the less he worried. The less his own failures and anxiety and desperate need to have a plan was biting him in the ankles. Not that it didn't bother him now anyways. Not that he wasn't concerned always with what he was going to be doing next. Strickler was always so used to being several steps ahead of everyone around him, but right now? He was nothing.

There was no need to be steps ahead of anyone. He had no real goal, nothing to get. Sure, he could aspire to take over the whole pack, to stand on the top of the pile. To own and fight and lead... But also was that really what he wanted anymore? It's hard to tell. He tried that before. God did he try. It also bit him in the ass literally and metaphorically.

Huffing dramatically, he licks his exposed teeth, pondering if he was hungry enough to attempt to hunt. So far, it did not seem so. No, he could put that off for a little while. Inhaling deeply, he pauses his walk, noticing that he'd stumbled upon a grove of willow trees. Pretty, is really all he can think. Wandering around the trees was at least interesting. It meant he could observe the leaves, the branches. Wisps of trees they were, strange and foreign and yet at the same time beautiful. Not like where he grew up, not like how he grew up. It was a nasty ugly thing to grow up like he did, and it was best he never delve into those details.

It was a thing that left others alienated. And if he let others in like that, they'd reject him. It's something he knew deep down, that he was different. A creature that did not belong. He's removed so deeply from those around him he wonders if he will ever truly make a connection. Probably not, and the fact that he's mostly okay with that is almost painful. It's strange to realize just how coolly and calmly he'd accepted that he just would never belong to anywhere. He could on the surface, god could he ever. Stricklander was made to conform, to follow and bend and worm his way into the hearts of others. But no one could touch his own, could bring him truly to the surface. Or could ever truly make him face his own demons he kept locked away. Things were just not meant to work the same for him.

The sound of a branch snapping and crying caused him to stop though. Jerked him away from the thoughts of loneliness and othering he had started to gravitate towards so much lately.

And then a voice. Strick even recognized it. Iaera. He'd met her at his acceptance, and crossed paths with her several times since then. She always just seemed to pop up. Curious really how things worked like that. But they both belonged to the same pack, so the hellhound tries not to be too surprised. They both live here after all. Gemini is their home, of course they'd bump into each other now and again.

Either way she sounded distressed, her voice stuttering, and he'd heard crying. Awkwardly he glances around till he realizes he sees a den under the willow tree a bit to his left. Ah, there she was. How he'd missed her flopping in there was probably just because he has some fairly fuzzy vision. Not the worst, but with how his eyes glow it makes it a bit harder to see well during the day.

"Ah, Iaera, is that you?" He says, hoping he got the name and voice right. If not, well then that would be embarrassing but he could recover from it. Hopefully. "Are you alright? I heard a branch snap a bit a go, hopefully you are not injured?" Even now he slipped easily into the role of being caring and interested. His voice even reflected it well, and he did sound genuinely concerned. Not to say he wasn't, but he wasn't as concerned as he could make it sound. As soon as she'd reply he'd move a bit closer to the den to inspect what's going on. Head tilted to the side like a confused pup, which is a fairly comical expression for an older and somewhat strange looking hound such as himself.
Lie to get what I came for
Lie to get just what I need
Lie to get what I crave
Lie and smile to get what's mine

Eye on what i'm after
I don't need another friend
Nod and watch your lips move
If you need me to pretend
Because clever got me this far
Then tricky got me in
I'll take just what I came for
Then I'm out the door again

Played by Void.
Text #003300

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 31
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: hotline [prp| strick]
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 06:23:45 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; sorry im suddenly rusty.
-------------------------

Ever the dramatic young creature, she was still searching with a flair of emotion when Strict came into view. Hellion, green, gangly, older than her, he'd been relatively silent every time she'd came across him. At least in his own way, without divulging too much about himself, somewhat amiable but aloof. She was surprised to see him here near her section of the grove. Had he come to see her? Remembering when she mentioned where she denned? Why else would he be here but to see her? But then again... Why would he? She was flattering herself! That someone would actually want to come see her. Joking almost, who could possibly want to come be her friend? (She hadn't even considered anything else.) The wolfdog sniffled again and looked at the green beast as he finally spoke to her, he knew her name? Remembered it? The maiden stuttered back a light "A-a-ah, y-y-y-y-yee-ess," another big sniffle, trying to pretend she didn't look like a fool all covered in her own tears.

Iaera wanted to wipe the wet from her face, but she was worried the dirt on her paws would turn her face into a muddy mess and now was a bad time for a spa treatment. The Whisper set back on her butt now, curling her tail around her paws and she tried to settle herself. She was embarrassing herself in front of a fellow Ranger and potential friend. OH PLEASE! the depression mocked, a friend!? WHATEVER GIRL! Swallowing hard, the woman looked down, violet gaze adverting from Strictlander's glowing embers. A concerned voice asked her if she had hurt herself but she kept her head down. Feeling hot under her pelt, stupid, silly, but still ashamed. She'd been nasty to a new member, then ran home and acted like a sorry little child and now someone was here asking if she was hurt. Her ears swiveled lightly, but she did not meet his expression, still staring at her feet, mulling things over. Did she want to admit that she was just being a nasty crybaby? Or should she say she was hurt and that it just wasn't that bad? Should she lie to him?

Just because she was certain he didn't wanna be friends didn't mean she should be dishonest with him she figured, "No, I'm not hurt," Iaera sighed, blinking softly, biting back more tears as her throat stung, "just stupid." 

#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.