Author Topic: howdy howdy howdy[trident]  (Read 349 times)

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 12
  • Likes Given: 0
howdy howdy howdy[trident]
« on: July 20, 2017, 10:46:09 AM »
Kalypso left with her head held high, her tail wagging happily behind her as she lead her small group back home. She'd had a lovely time in Saboro but it would be so nice to smell the fresh salty air of the beach and feel the sand between her toes again and the waves against her body.

Meeting the members of the pack had went far better than she could have hoped for. She'd gained a better insight into how Saboro functioned and it left her head buzzing with information that she carefully went over again and again so as to not forget a single detail. It was so different than Tortuga but it was interesting to her to see how well it worked for them.

The group was quiet as they traveled each of them lost in their own thoughts. It wasn't until she saw a figure up ahead that she was pulled from her thoughts. Blinking her bright blue eyes she squinted at the figure in the distance, what was that shining on her face? She could feel the tension on the group rise as they prepared for a fight and she tried to hold them back with a calm, "It's just one wolf, don't attack yet." Sometimes it was better to ask questions first. "Hello there!" Kalypso called out warmly, putting on a charming grin as they drew near so as to put the stranger at ease.

She tried not to stare but it was nearly impossible for her not to. Up close she saw that things that had been shining on her face were sharp bone plates that looked dangerous. Those things might be able to do some damage. Good thing they hadn't attacked. She was willowy and elegant, her limbs long and lean. She was definitely a hellion.

"My name's Kalypso, these are my friends."

No need to give strangers to much information. She looked spooked and Kalypso turned to smile at her group and jerked her head. "Ya'll can go on ahead, I'll catch up after my little chit chat." If any of them objected she'd sigh dramatically, her eyes twinkling with amusement she'd purse her lips, "Okay, Obadiah can stay and protect me from this big bad lady while the rest of ya go on ahead. Don't worry we'll catch up. No need to keep the Captain waitin' longer than he needs to."

The big hulking red male came forward and rumbled threateningly at the hellion, "Ye better not try anythin'." Before planting himself down beside her with a glare. Kalypso shook her head, "Please ignore him he's just a grouchy old man. So, what's your name? What'cha doin' out here all alone?" Her teal eyes were bright with interest as she waited for a reply, hoping that they would get something useful out of this conversation and that it wasn't just a huge waste of time.

Kalypso Dialogue
Obadiah Dialogue

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Ceraphena

• Hero
  • Formerly Shroxx
    • My status
  • Liked: 1243
  • Likes Given: 277
Re: howdy howdy howdy[trident]
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 07:44:07 PM »
Ukoo fell, and…

Trident didn’t know what to do.

She’d spent years in the wasteland with the hyenas at her side and the lions at their backs. She’d been through invasions, droughts, and floods. Her friends faded into the sand, and she was left alone. Again.

So the soldier donned her armor, and left the barren salt flats behind. It tugged at her like watching her sister leave to have children. Like the Jagged Teeth it all fell away, and she was alone. Adrift in the sea of new land, mysterious people, the woman could only endure it with a scowl upon her face. And now?

Someone approached.

The hound heard them long before she saw them. They knew exactly where they were going with how they walked, not a hesitant step among the echo. The multiple sounds were small, which meant a small party. Scouts? Soldiers? Just a band of friends? She didn’t know, and she didn’t particularly care. The woman watched, and waited. When they arrived, she could only sigh with disgust.

Of course.

Skulzo.

Trident clucked her tongue as Kalypso spoke, delegating her friends so they would continue on. An obnoxiously colored disease growled at her, but the golden gaze remained fixated on the little woman. Looming, the hellion’s whiplike tail snapped behind her. The blade scraped against the ground, nails on chalkboard as she rose to her feet. The leather armor didn’t creak, seeming more a second skin with how well it shifted across her torso. “Tch. My designation is Trident. Vhatchu vant?” Her clipped, husky words are sharp in the air.

She took a step toward the pale wolf, asking, “Vhy you go vhere you go? Vhy are you here?”

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »
Kalypso took a small step back as the large hellion rolled to her paws and stood to her full height, which was quite impressive. Kally looked up and up and up, her head craning back to get a good look at the stranger. She positively towered above her and the Sailing Master felt her ears pin back in anxiety for a moment before she forced herself to calm down. She had Obadiah, she was safe, wasn't she?

The sound of Tridents tail scraping the ground was nearly enough to set her eat on edge and she couldn't help the curious glance towards the sharp, blade-like tail. Swallowing hard she gave the hellion her bravest, brightest smile even if it was tinged with a bit of worry. Her sharp teal eyes noted the craftsmanship of the womans accessories and stars practically filled her eyes as she stared in awe. She was a brilliant Crafter!

“Tch. My designation is Trident. Vhatchu vant?”

Her accent was strange to Kalypso's ears, the affliction on her voice making Kally's head tilt slightly.  “Vhy you go vhere you go? Vhy are you here?” Kalypso grinned cheekily and gave a small shrug, "Well, why not?" The pirate princess looked up towards the clouds and smiled wistfully, "The world is so ginormous, it seems silly to stay in one place all the time. There's so many things to learn, sights to see, people to meet." She dropped her gaze from the sky and looked pointed towards Trident. "I'm Kalypso. Ya can call me Kally if ya want to though. All my friends do." Her eyes narrowed in curiosity as she looked up at Trident, "Your accent.. where are ya from, Trident?" Kalypso was always very forward with her questions and remembered on belatedly that the past wasn't always a great topic to discuss with people you'd just met. She winced and added quickly, "If ya don't mind my asking, of course."

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Ceraphena

• Hero
  • Formerly Shroxx
    • My status
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 07:46:48 PM »
Trident’s ears flicked forward as Kalypso’s mask slid away to reveal her anxiety. She was afraid. Good. Her own mother died to bring her into the world; readily bearing death’s shroud to create more of her superior bloodline. This is how it should be: the inferior submitting to its superior, recognizing she is everything the little wolf could not be. The hound is tall where Kalypso is stocky, like most of the wolves that litter the Straits. The pattern on her coat is perhaps the most unique trait the wolf possessed, and it was easy on the eyes. Trident could appreciate the little bone markings along her side, but that’s all that appealed to the taller woman.

Pah!” She snaps through her teeth, her lip drawing upward in a sneer as she growled, “Vhat vould skulzo know? Ve leave to conquer, to cull! Zhere is no ozher reason to leave.” She scolds the little girl, and it’s not Kalypso’s fault. The child learns from the parent, and wolves are notoriously stupid. Their offspring reflect that. Her brow furrowed in a frown as she clipped out, “Ve are not friends, Skulzo Kalypso. Ve are nozhink. Ve cannot be anyzhing, ya? Ya.” Still she turns to walk, and that bladed tail reaches out to run along the girl’s jaw. The message is clear: walk with me, or don’t. Those long legs carry the hellion away rather quickly, the urge to be on the move too strong to ignore.

If they attack? Well, she’s used to treachery. Especially from wolves. Useless sacks of meat.

Tch! Skulzo never zhink! Zhis is not new to me,” She barked at the little woman, her ears fanning back as her tail flicked behind her. The blade slapped against a rock. Ting! “I am from zhe blood of my mother, and my mother’s mother, and zhe Pikes. I am from zhe Jagged Teeth, vho reached on high.” Her lips drew back as she bared her fangs, “But vhat vould you know? Chk!” A snort, and the hellion stops. She turns her pointed back back to Kalypso, her ears pinned back. “Vhy you go? Don't lie.” Her ears flick forward as Trident rumbled, “Liars don’t last long.”

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 01:12:56 PM »
Trident snaps at her Kalypso recoils a bit, looking at the tall hellion with a bemused expression as she rants and raves in her strange accent. She has no idea what a skulzo is but from the way Trident says it she suspects that its not exactly a compliment.  “Ve are not friends, Skulzo Kalypso. Ve are nozhink. Ve cannot be anyzhing, ya? Ya.” Somehow she had managed to offend the giant hellion and immediately was filled with guilt, hastily chasing after the sharp-face woman with a frown despite Obadiah's growling objections.

"Hey, wait! I know we're not friends but we could be!" Kalypso protested, afraid that she was perhaps losing a very valuable member who could potential contribute great things to the pack, especially maybe the crafters. At least they would be interested to learn where her accessories came from or how they were made. "I'm sorry if I offended you, I wasn't thinking."

“Tch! Skulzo never zhink! Zhis is not new to me,”

TING! Kalypso jumped slightly and her red shadow growled deeply at the noise but he remained hovering behind the pair, just close enough to intervene if Trident decided to attack.  “I am from zhe blood of my mother, and my mother’s mother, and zhe Pikes. I am from zhe Jagged Teeth, vho reached on high.” Pikes? Jagged Teeth? Was she talking about the Fringe? Was she a hellion from beyond the great mountains, from beyond the Fringe? What wondrous things she must have seen!

“But vhat vould you know? Chk!”

Kally looked away from the powerful woman, chastised. She was an adult now but standing beside this behemoth of a hound, this strong, elegant woman peering down at her made her feel like a child again. And she wasn't sure she liked the feeling one bit. “Vhy you go? Don't lie.” The Sailing Master narrowed her eyes on the woman standing in front of her and she consider her question, “Liars don’t last long.” Finally Kalypso heaved a heavy sigh and gave the tall hellion an exasperated expression.

"Yes, compared to you I don't know much," Kally agreed, flexing her jaw, "But that doesn't anything. I can read the stars. I know every path I've ever walked, every pack I've ever visited, every face I've ever met, every story." Her brow furrowed and her eyes sparkled with determination and maybe a little bit of stubbornness, "And I want to know your story but I guess I'll tell you mean. I'm the Sailing Master of Tortuga," Kalypso said honestly, meeting Tridents gaze with a level stare, "It's my job to travel through the Straits to visit our allies or to forge new alliances to help the Empire." She rolled her small shoulders in a shrug, "I love Tortuga, I love salt air and the sandy beaches and the sunsets on the ocean. I just want what's best for my home, yknow?" Maybe she did, maybe she didn't but at least Kalypso had been honest.

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Ceraphena

• Hero
  • Formerly Shroxx
    • My status
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
Trident laughed at Kalypso’s suggestion, her eyes crinkling at the corners as her ears fanned out. They swooped upward and swiveled toward the bone marked girl as she chortled, “Zhis is impossible!” She slapped her paw against the ground. What a knee-slapper. She bared all of her teeth in something like a smile, but it’s not friendly looking; as if she’s not sure how to do her facial expressions around the wolf, which is true! Wolves are meant to be controlled for the sake of the environment’s health. Too many wolves, and there’s simply not enough food to go around for everyone else. The hellion shook her bladed face as she replied swiftly, “Skulzo cannot befriend Hound. It is,” She lifted that same paw into the air, rotating it in a circular motion as a gesture, “Like fish trying to kiss bird. It does not vork.

She points behind the woman, remarking, “See? Your comrade knows. He understands. Zhis vill not happen, Skulzo Kalypso.”

Those long ears flicked outward as Trident canted her head to the side. She peered up at the sky, as if she could see the stars through the sunlight. “Read stars? Vhat they say?” She growled, her ears pinning back and her tail lashing out. Ting! “Zhey say your stories? Vhat stories? Skulzo know nozhing. Skulzo live, breed, eat, die.” She listed it off like it was fact, and to her? It’s true. She snorts at the wolf, rumbling, “Vhat faces? Skulzo all look same. Skulzo Kalypso.. Hmm, is nicer looking zhen most.” She reaches out to touch the bone-like markings. They’re very pretty, “But zhis is only case.” Wolves were ugly. They multiplied, they took over, and they destroyed homesteads. There was a reason she was design, crafted through generations to create the perfect weapon against the abominations.

Her lip drew up to show off those teeth again as she snarled, “Sail-eeng Mast-eaar? Vhat are zhese vords? You are scout. You scout fools.” She shook her head and growled, “Vhat is Tor.. Tortoo… Vhat is Skulzo Tort? Vhere is zhis, by zhe sea? Jagged Teeth are across zhe sea.” She looked beyond them toward the east, where the sea licked at the shore. “Zhe Pikes are zhere. Zhe mother’s are zhere, but zhey are dead.” It’s a simple statement, and while she shows no sign of sorrow her husky voice dips into a lower octave. “Zhere is only Trident. Zhere is only me.” She looks down at Kalypso, her face a little somber. “Vhy leave Skulzo Tort? Vhy not stay? Skulzo Tort in trouble?” She can’t help it. These words pour out, because Trident is lonely.

Fisi Ukoo is no more, and her friends swept with the sand. So she’ll settle to speak to the roaches, if only so she doesn’t drive herself mad.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 01:40:05 PM by Ceraphena »

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 04:24:44 PM »
Trident didn't seem to think it was possible for wolves and hellhounds to be friends for some reason and that thought set a flame under her tail. For the first time in a very long time Kalypso felt aggravated. Because that was an utterly ridiculous statement to her. Why couldn't they be friends? If she liked Trident and Trident liked her, what was to force them to dislike each other? Other than outdated beliefs that they had been fostered and raised on.

"It does work!" Kally muttered stubbornly, resisting the urge to stamp her paw on the ground in frustration. “Read stars? Vhat they say?” Ting! “Zhey say your stories? Vhat stories? Skulzo know nozhing. Skulzo live, breed, eat, die. Vhat faces? Skulzo all look same. Skulzo Kalypso.. Hmm, is nicer looking zhen most.” Trident reached out to stroke her pelt and she saw Obadiah stiffen, about to move forward to intercept the hellion when Kalypso met his eyes with her own hard teal blue ones. She could defend herself and didn't need help unless she requested it. The red fringe stepped back to his spot with a glower as Trident went on, “But zhis is only case.”

Kalypso was getting ready to cave and give up on getting the hellion to join, too exasperated with this ignorant notion that two people couldn't be friends just because they were different species. But then Trident started asking question about Tortuga and Kally's small ears swiveled foward in interest. She follows Tridents gaze eastward before looking back at the hellions face, which had softened slightly as she spoke of the dead of being alone. Kally's ears pinned back in sorrow, empathy filling her and she gave Trident a sad smile. For all the hellions harsh words and intimidating stature, she was just as lost and lonely as the rest of the souls who washed up in Tortuga.

“Vhy leave Skulzo Tort? Vhy not stay? Skulzo Tort in trouble?”

"I don't like leaving Tortuga but I love exploring. Tortuga and the sea will always been my home but sometimes its nice to learn what else exists beyond the borders, beyond our little world. Don'tcha think?" She wanted so desperately to ask the tall hellion to come with her back to the pirate empire but she was beginning to worry if it would ever happen. "Tort is in trouble, at least not that I know of, and i'd like to keep it that way. And part of the way I keep it safe is to make sure we have lots of friends who will help us out if something goes wrong." Teal blue eyes were bright with some hidden emotion as she looked up at Trident.

"Do you want to be my friend, Trident?"

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Ceraphena

• Hero
  • Formerly Shroxx
    • My status
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 04:46:10 PM »
As Kalypso gazed up at her, Trident’s chest tightened. How long ago was it when Flechette looked at her the same way, with bright eyes and that soft growing smile? It made her feel like she should look away, but those teal eyes kept her from doing so. The words made her ears flick forward, and she could almost laugh at the similarity of this situation. Did someone always need her help? Was this her purpose in life? Instead of taking care of the wolf threat, she had to learn to adapt? To live with them and prosper? Her ears pinned back as she let out a heavy breath, pulling back her lips and barking, “Vhat does zhis mean?” Her words ripped through the guttural cry, her tail slapping against the rocks behind her. Ting! Ting-Ting!

“Vhat is zhe cost? Zhere can be no give vithout take. I know zhis to be true!” The tall woman takes two steps and shoves her chest against the woman, bumping her back, suddenly aggressive without remorse. It’s not Kalypso’s fault. Not really. This is just the boiling point, and Kalypso cranked up the heat with her innocent question. Deep down the hound knew this bone marked wolf meant well. Her stance was lax, her shoulders down, and nothing screamed traitorous scum. The problem was Trident was fed up with the Straits, but there was no way for her to go home. “Vhy you vant me? Vhy you vant zhis, friendship?” She spat, “Vhy everyone vant me?” Her tone turns high and mocking as she chirps, “Trident! Ve need help. Trident! I don’t know vhat to do!”

She’s pacing now, walking back and forth before she rounds back on Kalypso. “You are Sail-EENG Mas-TEAR!” The words are thick in her jaws as she tries to work around it, her husky voice dropping several octaves as she growls, “I vas Captain of this Fisi Ukoo, and it is GONE!” The bark returns to her words, ripping through her throat as a bellowing roar. She exhales raggedly through gritted teeth, the fangs bared in a suppressed snarl. Her ears pin back as she lowers her gaze to Kalypso’s, rumbling, “So vhat Skulzo Kalypso vant vith Captain Trident? Vhat does Skulzo Tort need from Trident? Vhatchu vant?” Every muscle is rigid and primed for action. Her tail slithers behind her, scraping that blade along the rocky ground. Her teeth click as she grunts, “Vhy you vant me, ya? Ya.”

Offline Kalypso

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »
Her question seemed to have set something off within the tall hellion woman and her razor sharp tail went to swinging in agitation again. Kalypso tried to hide her anxiety but it was hard to when a blade was whipping through the air near you. Her teal eyes watched the blade warily as she listened to Trident as she ranked, obviously troubled with greif and loss.

“I vas Captain of this Fisi Ukoo, and it is GONE!” Trident barks and Kalypso grimaces, watching the hellion rage with blue eyes full of sympathy. She'd was a Captain who'd lost her crew, her home, and Kalypso wanted nothing more than to reach out to the woman and comfort her. Even if she was a prickly, hostile lady she still deserved kindness and happiness and obviously, she wasn't very happy. “So vhat Skulzo Kalypso vant vith Captain Trident? Vhat does Skulzo Tort need from Trident? Vhatchu vant? Vhy you vant me, ya? Ya.” Kalypso gave a tiny shrug and looked away from her, "I like your accessories okay? I've never seen such excellent craftsmanship, not even from the Master Crafters back home. You have so much wisdom to share and stories to tell."

Kalypso drags her toe through the dirt as she avoid the razor faced woman's gaze, "I wanted to ask you to come back to Tortuga with me, to become a Crafter. You'd have all the supplies you'd need and if we need to we could find you the supplies you want if we  don't have them. I know its not exactly Captain but," Kalypso looked up from the dirt and met Tridents gaze with her own soft blue eyes, "It'd probably beat wandering around out here all alone. I wouldn't take your gear if that's what you're afraid of, keep it." The blue girl gave Trident a moment to digest this new information before she pushed herself to her paws and shook out her coat, Obadiah rising behind her like an ominous shadow. "But, the choice is yours my friend, if you don't want to come with me I won't make you." Sure some of the crew might be okay with enslaving others but she wasn't one of them. She started walking in the direction the Kraken and the others had disappeared, hoping she'd hear the scuffle of Trident's paws as she followed.

Played by BB.
#7EE1B8

Offline Ceraphena

• Hero
  • Formerly Shroxx
    • My status
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 07:49:59 PM »
Silence, and then the sound of Trident’s feet moving away from Kalypso echoed behind the wolf.

As the wolves made their way through the gorge, the ground began to roll beneath their feet. It stirred and shook. An earthquake? No. The air filled with the sounds of hooves tearing up the hard soil, their bellows punching ahead of the din. In the front of the Auroch herd, twenty heads total, was a large red female. Behind her followed a mixture of brown and black cattle. Weaving around them was Trident, her white coat a sharp contrast to their dull patterns. Her paws slapped against the ground as she snapped at their heels, her tail hitting and steering them before she surged forward.

The hound growled at the red cow, and the herd slowed. Their heads tossed as they calm to a trot, and then walked. Panting, Trident approached Kalypso. “Ve go, ya? Ya.” Her sides heaved and her tail flicked to and fro behind her. “Zhey’re mine. Ve go.” The flat of her blade tapped against Kalypso’s rump while her ears twitched on top of her skull. “Stick vith me. You go avay? Zhey get’chu.” She shook her head, adding, “Zhey are not tame. Zhey are vild. Zhey just know not to mess vith me, ya? Ya.” The hound laughed.