Author Topic: alright i'm gonna go eat a packet of raw ramen [WATCHMEN CHECK-IN & RECRUITMENT]  (Read 554 times)

Offline Hebe

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 16
  • Likes Given: 0
[This is mandatory for all current Watchmen, if you don't post by the date, you'll be deranked.]
[Current Watchmen: ShadowCry, Gull, Solomon, Octavia]
DEADLINE: AUGUST 2ND

There was a small lull after the war as most of their members came back, and some did not. The first few weeks were there for mourning, for greeting family members and lovers back and spending that time away from worry. Hebe was one of those, happily greeting his lovers back home and refusing to leave their side for the first two weeks of their return. Any new scars, physical or emotional, were lavished in love and care by the Crow.

But duty called, and despite wanting to do nothing buy lay in the warmth of his family, the Crow pushed himself out to the middle point between the two watchman towers. There he stood on a familiar rock, and let out a familiar call towards the current Watchmen under his charge, and anyone wanting to learn to do their work. Really, there were not many, and he wondered how many would even show up.

Their loss if they didn't.

Once footsteps started to match up with scents, Hebe sat down, waiting to listen in and figure out where every stood or sat in front of him. Hopefully in front of him, he didn't exactly want to deal with a smartass today. After a moment, Hebe coughed, as if clearing his throat, though very obviously fake and more of an entertainment value.

"Long time no smell. For those of you who I know that showed up, hope you're ready to continue your jobs. Someone has to. For anyone I don't know, well, tell me who you are, and how much walking makes your legs ache." He would listen to each one, hoping to at least remember their voice. Once they've all spoken, or spoken enough for him to get the point, the blind Crow would interrupt.

"Being a Watchman means a few things. One, you need to have stamina to patrol ,and two, you need to have enough brains you know who should or shouldn't be let inside. If you lack either of those, don't waste my time." he'd had enough of the barely patrolled borders and impulsive decisions.

"If you think you're good, well, give me an interesting question to ask a potential new member. And I stress interesting."

He could not wait to retire.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:38:01 AM by Bun »

hebe played by bun

Offline Julien

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 6
  • Likes Given: 1
   The war had taken a lot. Julien, though, she didn’t know anyone that well. She had seen the grieving pack members, offered her condolences, but she felt little to nothing. Yes, it was upsetting to see so many sad faces, so many lost, but she didn’t know them. It couldn’t hurt her like it did their families and friends. She had gone to war and survived, feeling that she had earned a place in the pirate pack. The lioness was still healing some wounds - now scabs that sometimes bled when she over-licked them. Julien had stopped when she heard the call for watchmen, and for any potential watchmen. A grin broke on the lioness’s face. This was the perfect chance to get herself a real rank.

She seemed to be the first to show up, grinning at the guy she had met before. It had been brief, and she was glad that the other had made it back from the war. Of course, she also didn’t know him that much to mourn him. She felt a friendship to him the same way a kid felt with another child when on a vacation. Temporary, not really there. Just to fill an empty space. But that didn’t matter now, there were more important matters at hand. "Long time no smell. For those of you who I know that showed up, hope you're ready to continue your jobs. Someone has to. For anyone I don't know, well, tell me who you are, and how much walking makes your legs ache." Julien wasn’t a watchman yet. She felt this did not apply to her.

"Being a Watchman means a few things. One, you need to have stamina to patrol ,and two, you need to have enough brains you know who should or shouldn't be let inside. If you lack either of those, don't waste my time." Julien pretty much puffed up her chest. She completely filled those categories. In Armageddon, she had filled them as well, so it was no different here. "If you think you're good, well, give me an interesting question to ask a potential new member. And I stress interesting." There was usually nothing interesting to ask a new member. They had to ask the same questions, get the certain info out of them. If the attention went to her, she’d simply shrug. “Ya just gotta know if they bring bad crap with them, and make sure they ain’t crap.” If they were worthless, then they didn’t belong here. If they brought luggage, they needed to eff off. It seemed simple in her mind.

☆ played by alueprofile ☆ #F781F3 ☆

Offline Octavia

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 11
The war had dented her good mood significantly.

Her Adda wasn't fond of her, she knew as much, and yet seeing him so horrendously crippled struck a chord in her chest. She visited him in the infirmary, though he wasn't best pleased at her presence. So the ex-gladiator threw herself into her work, paws aching from patrolling up and down the grassy ground that marked their side of the border. Her ears pricked at the Crow's call, pivoting on her paws to race toward her Officer.

Tongue lolled from Octavia's maw as she arrived, tail giving a small wag as she nodded to her superior. She was admittedly curious how a man such as Hebe gained his position as Crow. It didn't take a genius to see that he was blind, and yet he was remarkable at getting around. The old territory was home to steep cliffs and dangerous drops. It was a wonder the man was still alive.

“Crow.” She'd greet, a nod given in respect as she paused in front. She listened quietly, lilac eyes narrowing slightly in thought. “My name is Octavia, I patrol the borders up and down. I can take a lot of walking, and running if need be, sir.” She's answer, lips flapping as her ears twitched. She wanted to be useful here. The borders currently held two choke points, she knew them well.

“Hm... Their weaknesses. We all have weaknesses, and it's good if they can admit them. It opens an opportunity for improvement. Those who admit no weaknesses are liars. A physical test is also good. An endurance competition, or a fight.”

Profile || #86668B

Offline lexi.

• can you save my heavydirtysoul
  • Regular
  • work sun-weds
  • Liked: 249
  • Likes Given: 389
ooc: Adder is coming here once I get home tonight! winks @ julien tbh
But I don't let him touch me anymore
I said "I'm not something to butter up
And taste when you get bored.
'Cause I have spent too many nights on dirty bathroom floors,
To find some peace and quiet right behind a wooden door."

He said, "Please don't go away."
He said, "Please don't go away."
I said "It's too late."
I said "It's too late."

Offline moccasin

• Initiate
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 1
Sin had not had the honor of participating in the war, having joined while the troops were away at battle it seemed. Seeing the condition some of the ones returning were in they decided that it was an experience they would rather have missed out on anyways. The horrific battle wounds, the haunted expressions, the masks of grief were all worn for weeks afterwards and Moccasin took care to avoid those who had returned from the war, at least until they were ready to socialize once again.

So instead the wolfdog took to exploring and cataloging their new environment from the flora to the fauna and everything in between. There were various plants he recognized but the vast majority were strange and new to them and it filled Sin with a burning need, an aching lust for the knowledge of what they were, did they do anything? Were they dangerous or just beautiful? Golden eyes were scrutinizing an insect on the jungle floor with a critical eye when they heard the Crow's call.

Large, pointed ears swiveled on their head as Sin judged the direction the call had came from. Moccasin never passed up a valuable opprotunity to make friends and meet their fellow pack mates. They always had such interesting things to share. Sin wasn't surprised so see that they weren't the first to arrive, two others had already show up to the call. One they recognized as the lovely Octavia who had shown him how to fish, the other a huge hulking beast of a creature.

Golden eyes were critical but not unkind as they stared at the lionness, wondering what exactly it was doing here. Moccasin wasn't unfamiliar with felines, having met several in their travels but it was always slightly offputting to see one because they were such intimidating creatures with their heavy muscles, vicious sabers and sharp claws. Sin headed towards Octavia and took a seat beside her, giving the woman a charming smile was they settled down, resting their side against her as Hebe talked.

"If you think you're good, well, give me an interesting question to ask a potential new member. And I stress interesting."

Sin tilted their head as they considered the Crow's question, mulling it over in their mind as the others gave their answers before they decided it was their turn to speak. "Greetings, my name is Moccasin." Moccasin stood from their resting position to address the male in charge to show him the proper respect his position demanded. "An interesting question you say? Why, ask them to name all the things they love and see how long it takes them to name themselves. You don't want someone who values themselves more than the pack and you don't want someone who doesn't value their self at all because then they might not be keen on improving."

#A38F1D

Offline Addereon

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • "Don't be shy, sweet thing."
  • Liked: 32
  • Likes Given: 32
Addereon nursed his wounds in private, for the most part. He'd gotten quite a few scars from his part in the war, and he'd ached for weeks with them afterwords. It was a good ache, though; an ache that meant accomplishment. He'd actually meant something to Tortuga during the war, and his body count was a show of that. He'd even fought some of Death Valley's precious, fragile roses. They had thorns, yes, but they were flowers nonetheless.

By this point, the scars littering his golden pelt were less of a hindrance and more of an annoyance. He'd taken regular dips in the cove outside his den to clean the wounds, and they'd healed quickly under a doctor's watchful eye. The infirmary had done him good, regardless of his own personal thoughts on his stay there.

When the Crow let out his call, Addereon was lucky enough to be within earshot. He made his way over to see what all the fuss was about, curious despite the old saying. He was still learning wolf-calls, but this one sounded similar to a call-to-arms, and it had him intrigued. He waited a bit away, just far enough that he could hear and not make too much of an appearance, and once he'd heard what he needed to he stepped up.

"I can walk from sunrise to sundown," He started, tree-trunk thick legs evidence of that, "But if you want a runner, I'm not your man." Short bursts, yes? Endurance running? No.

He gave thought to the questions the others had posed, before offering up his own: "I'd propose a scenario. Say a close friend gets into a fight with the Captain, and you're the only one around to witness it. Who do you side with; your friend, or your Captain?"

ooc: sorry for no fancy post stuff, I will fix it tomorrow I swear fancy post stuff update, years later
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 12:04:42 PM by Addereon »

I'm out of my head
Of my heart, and my mouth
Cause you can run
But you can't hide
I'm gonna make you
mine

Offline Net [rp]

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • 🐙Lil' Octopus🐙
    • My status
  • Liked: 11
  • Likes Given: 8

note: permission from bun to bring this scamp in <3.

Wartime didn’t mean much yet to the youngest pirates in Raikov’s crew.

Some of them were old enough to understand a bit more than others. Some of them were like Neta; unable to comprehend what had gone on, only aware of the fact that it’d taken their parents away. He’d only just opened his mismatched eyes, seen her for the first few times, and known that that was his Mother. That he wanted her to stay. But she left. His Father too. Pity the poor steward who’d been tasked with his protection and care; because, the moment she turned away from him, Neta screamed and made his discontent known to all. He never truly relaxed until the Kraken returned. Only when he rested snuggly by her side did the tantrum finally end.

Much to Baal’s annoyance perhaps, it’d taken some time before he trusted her to stay, but weeks rolled by, and over time the worry passed. Her absence from his life hadn’t been a permanent one.

New wonders took the place of such fears.

He might not be old enough to roam on his own just yet, but that didn’t stop the scamp from doing so when his Mother wasn’t there to tell him “No”, or the babysitter wasn’t quick enough to catch him.

For a puppy so small, Net got around fast. Got into trouble even faster....but, maybe not today. 

Something besides the sea or the sand caught his short attention span and held on tight. His dopey little feet padded across the ground as he waddled over to the pale wolf sat upon a high rock. ‘A game!’ he thought at first. His favorite too! He liked playing King of the Rock (Baal being the ‘rock’) even if the game never lasted very long. His Mama always won. A victory usually cemented by her telling him to “GET OFF!”, followed by a yelp, and a then a torrent of giggles and squeals. It was all great fun! He’d never played the proper way though. Never on a rock so tall.

The wolf sitting up there must’ve been some sort of Game Master. Reason enough for Net to go meet him.

"Long time no smell. For those of you who I know that showed up, hope you're ready to continue your jobs. Someone has to. For anyone I don't know, well, tell me who you are, and how much walking makes your legs ache."

‘Them’s a lot of words’ He thought, finally getting close to the small group of wolves. Well, none of them really smelled...as far as his little sniffer could tell (unless Sully was there, because that guy smells like crap! Oh.My.God!).

"Being a Watchman means a few things. One, you need to have stamina to patrol ,and two, you need to have enough brains you know who should or shouldn't be let inside. If you lack either of those, don't waste my time. If you think you're good, well, give me an interesting question to ask a potential new member. And I stress interesting."

Zero idea what stamina was, but he had a brain! He definitely had one of those...maybe, and he could get up on that cliff too. Net could do better than just walking. Without stopping to think about it, Neta meandered around the crowd, and went straight for...Crow?? Crow? They didn’t look like a bird, but he let that slide.Everything else, whatever answers they all were giving, were small sea potatoes compared to what he was doing now.

He climbed up there, determined. Little, pink, puppy tongue flapping rapidly as it dangled from his parted mouth. This was hard. Twice as hard for such a runt. If nobody saw him making his way up it’d be a surprise. He landed at the summit, ungracefully, tripping over nothing except his own feet. Tumbling forward with a high pitched, “ooooOOF!!” before face-planting into Hebe’s thigh.

“Ow-ouch,” The fall hadn’t really hurt. In a moment he sat up, only to let out a poorly timed sneeze thanks to the hairs tickling his nose. “Achoo!” 

With a snuffle he looked up at the “Boss”. “So-Sowwrry. I got a good question dough! I got a good one! Wanna hear it?!” Didn’t matter if Hebe was ready to indulge the little boy or not, his answer was so good, he’d be signed up for whatever this team was in second. Neta knew just what his Mama would say to to some stranger strolling up to Tortuga.

You ready for this one Mr. Game Master Birdy Sir?

“Geeezus eff, w-were uoo born dat ugly lookin’?! Ya poor Mama!” That’s 100% Mother would say, and who knew better than her, he thought with a proud grin. "ow's that, ow's that?!"

Yes Hebe, how did this baby do?

« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:12:22 PM by Net [rp] »

Offline ⓢᴏʟᴏᴍᴏɴ

• S I C K
  • Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • The king of slaves is still a slave.
  • Liked: 43
  • Likes Given: 92
The war had been hell, as war always was. How had he come this far and yet kept falling into the same traps, the same effing stupid mistakes that had plagued him his entire life? He was older but still a fool, still subject to the whims of his betters and too much of an idiot to properly protect himself. Solomon had went to war for no ideology, for no righteous cause as he had in the past, but still he had marched and what had it wrought? Pain and suffering - exactly what he had always earned. Solomon had not been able to walk home, not even capable of staggering from the battlefield like a man. He was dragged like a corpse.

The pain was immense and it was constant. His leg was gone but what replaced it was agony. Sleep eluded him as he struggled to find even just a moment of peace. He laid awake deep into the night unable to move, only to have the shrill songs of birds greet him in the wretched light of morning. Solomon chased away his woes with drink and his precious mushrooms, using his highs to smother the pain so he could spend some blissful hours completely unaware, entirely numbed to his own body and the world around him. His daughter would sit and watch as he absently blubbered, his eyes glassy and distant as he let himself be wholly consumed by drug-induced delusion.

But even his body could only handle so much. So the pain always came back and the relief of his unconsciousness dissipating. He was still here. By some effed up grace of God he was still effing here.

And as always, he was beholden to others. When the call for the Watchmen sounded, Solomon could not ignore it. To even think about leaving the den he had quickly swallowed back some dark brown liquor, until his throat burned and his stomach felt warm. Octavia had helped him to his feet but that was the only help he'd allow, growling and snapping at her when she offered to accompany him to the meeting. He would not arrive using his own bastard spawn as a crutch. He would show up on his own power or he would not come at all. Octavia had given him a lingering look before she had left him, disappearing into the foliage must faster than he could hope to. Stubborn and angry and unwilling to just lie down and finally die, Sully staggered forward. He had not yet learned how to balance himself on his remaining three legs, but he persisted. He fell over several times, collapsing to the ground and struggling to heave himself back onto his feet. Over and over he stumbled into trees or had to stop and rest, his lungs heaving with the effort. But he kept going.

Finally, after an arduous journey that left him feeling almost as ragged as when he had first been pulled into the infirmary, Solomon arrived. The familiar form of Hebe sat before the gathered wolves, calling them to order and posing to them a question. Sully could barely hear him, his head was swimming and his vision was blurry. He growled to himself and hobbled forward until he was at the edges of the gathering, finally seating himself with a thud, swallowing a pained groan. He barely recognized those around him, but he was able to pick out their responses, his torn ears twitching.

A question for new recruits? What the eff did that matter. Being interesting was not the point, it was to be direct and get to the meat of what someone could offer Tortuga. He didn't have the time nor the patience to ask someone for their quirky hobbies or what their most surprising silly skill is. He only cared if they could hold their weight, if they could keep a job and if they could be useful. Did anything else matter? Sully scoffed.

"I don't give a crap," he grumbled, agitated and slightly drunk, "effin' interesting, give me a break. Can the guy hold his own? Can he provide something for the pack? Can we use him in some way? If yes, then okay. I don't care about naming all the stupid crap they like or who their effin third cousin on their mother's side is." He rolled his eyes and pretended that little action didn't make him slightly dizzy.

"What good will you do the pack and how hard are you willing to work - that's what matters on the border."

""

█████████████████████████

S L A V E  S C R E A M S ,
he's going to cause the system to fall.
S L A V E  S C R E A M S ,
but he's glad to be chained to that wall.

#3c0302

{ the Old Revolutionary }
— played by Kujo

Offline Bun

• Leader
  • Master
  • Liked: 384
  • Likes Given: 143
( closed! posting soon )
★ ★ ★ THE BUN PATROL ★ ★ ★

Commission Thread!

Offline Notch

• Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 6
(permission was granted for me to do this)

Her mother was dead and wasn’t coming back. She was alone. Not alone though, she had siblings, and friends and there were adults in the pack too, that loved and cared about her.  It made things better, there were days when she was sad, but most of the time Notch was okay, she was a child, learning and growing.

“Hey  Pabe ” she says waddling in on her legs, listening to the watchman’s go on. Hebe had a fun question for them and she was excited to here them answer. ”Momma was a Watchman, right?”

“Ooh! Ooh! Papa Hebe, can I answer the questions?” she would ask him. Curiously, it would be a fun game to play.   She decides she going to answer the questions anyways.  She listens to them all, frowning a bit when none of them have questions that she can answer.

“Ooh! Weakness is a good question” she says, and then ponders it for a moment. “My weakness is that I’m still a little bit scared of the dark.” She would admit bashfully. And then go on to listening again.  The next wolf to ask a question.  They ask about things they love.

“Hmm, I love Momma and Pops! And I love Papa Raikov and Papa Hebe!” she would grin. “And I love my brother and sister and the ocean!”there were more but that was those were the first that came to mind. 

Another big cat is here to ask a question, “I dunno! Probably the captain, right! The captain is my friend!”

Net is the next one to ask. “Ahh” she says, blushing a bit, ears turning down. The subjects of mom were still very tender for her. “Well uh.” She has to reply though, so she forces a tiny smile. “I aint ugly!.” She says, but then grins, walking up to him “Everyone says im cute!”

Solomon is the next and his question is boring, she pouts at him. “Hm” she mumbles, “Ah, I mean! I wanna Make my momma proud! That’s what I wanna do for Tortuga.” She would frown though, moving away from the crowd, feeling shy suddenly, maybe this game was too much for her.

She moves behind Hebe, hiding behind him a bit.

“Can I ask a question?” she would ask—and then would go ahead and ask, bashfully, it was hard to think things up on the spot. “Where do you go when you die?” I think its important to know what people think about that. “

There was of course, nothing.

Offline Hebe

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 16
(this is so rushed im sorry)

They showed up one by one, all in front of him as far as Hebe was hearing. Most of them didn’t smell familiar, probably coming in fresh to the rank. As much as Hebe liked new blood, it was tiring, training members just to have them disappear on him again and again. Octavia and Solomon were there, only faintly familiar to the Crow, but a relief nonetheless. He was hoping to maybe get some interesting answers out of the older Watchmen, not in the mood for being disappointed.

The cat smelling one, Julien, went fist. “Ya just gotta know if they bring bad crap with them, and make sure they ain’t crap.” well, she’s not wrong. Some people do miss on asking about their pasts, what they might be bringing in from it. Hebe hummed with mild approval, eyes pointlessly track to the next voice to speak up, a more familiar one.

“Crow.” Hebe smiled in reply, motioning her to continue. “Hm... Their weaknesses. We all have weaknesses, and it's good if they can admit them. It opens an opportunity for improvement. Those who admit no weaknesses are liars. A physical test is also good. An endurance competition, or a fight.”

This earned a nod from the Crow. “Tests are a good way to go. Less room for lying if you make em’ do something. And of course, we all know everyone has a weakness or five.” weaknesses could be worked around, but liars were forever. He wondered how many charismatic useless effs got through the border with pretty lies.

A fella named Moccasin introduced themselves next. Another stranger, Hebe had to keep himself still to avoid coming over and sniffing everyone to figure them out. There was a time for that, and it was after they all spoke.

"An interesting question you say? Why, ask them to name all the things they love and see how long it takes them to name themselves. You don't want someone who values themselves more than the pack and you don't want someone who doesn't value their self at all because then they might not be keen on improving."

“Not a bad idea.” he admitted, smiling again. “Unless they’ve got a better mouth on em’ than you do. Then you’re downright effed, right?” but that’s why they had to work together, right? Three heads better than one.

Another lion, this one male, by the way he sounded. “I'd propose a scenario. Say a close friend gets into a fight with the Captain, and you're the only one around to witness it. Who do you side with; your friend, or your Captain?" Hebe hummed, as if thinking, then huffed.

“Good question, easy to lie. Questions that have a right answer are generally a no go. Anyone with half a brain knows what they’re supposed to say, and none of you effs are psychologists as far as I know.”

Before the old man could speak, two kids seemed to join the little gathering. They were far too young to be out on their own, probably managed to wiggle out of sight of their caretakers and parents like little ninjas. Net, climbing onto his fancy flat rock flopping over, sneezing, clearing himself up.

“So-Sowwrry. I got a good question dough! I got a good one! Wanna hear it?!” the kid yelled, sounding so much like his mother at that point. Hebe’s mood lightened right away, he chuckled, and motioned for the child to continue.

“Geeezus eff, w-were uoo born dat ugly lookin’?! Ya poor Mama! Ow's that, ow's that?!"

“You know what, kid? That was perfect, you’re really border material. With an adult, of course.” he didn’t want them running off to the borders on their own like dumb little brave boogers. Maybe he could give the small child to someone to train, if he already had an eye for what he wanted to do.

“Hey Pabe ”

Hebe flinched, ears perked up because he barely noticed the little girl coming up to him. He moved his head in her direction. “Hello honeybee.” today sure was a day for kids to escape care. “Wasn’t papa Raikov supposed to watch you?” just like him to let the kids escape.

“Ooh! Ooh! Papa Hebe, can I answer the questions?” Hebe looked at the crowd, at the stinky old man that was probably still waiting to talk, and hummed in approval for the girl to continue.

And there she went, answering each and every question she heard from the packmates in front of her. They were good answers, pure of heart as most kids were. She was not technically his daughter, but he felt some pride all the same. At the end of it, she seemed to shy away, suddenly all too aware of the eyes on her, probably. Hebe let her hide behind him.

“Can I ask a question?” another hum “Where do you go when you die?” I think its important to know what people think about that. “ Oh. Well that was a tough one.

“Dunno, ask Quartermaster.”

Finally, it was Solomon’s turn to answer the original question. Hebe perked up when he heard him start speaking, and then his eyes dropped. He could smell the alcohol from here.

"I don't give a crap," he started, and Hebe sighed through his nose. "effin' interesting, give me a break. Can the guy hold his own? Can he provide something for the pack? Can we use him in some way? If yes, then okay. I don't care about naming all the stupid crap they like or who their effin third cousin on their mother's side is." Hebe did not see the eye roll, fortunately. This was boring, this was what kept them stagnant. This is what got people who did nothing into their borders.

"What good will you do the pack and how hard are you willing to work - that's what matters on the border."

Hebe let out a deep effing huff as he pushed forward, taking a sniff of those he wasn’t familiar with on his way to the stinky, grumpy ass, boring man. “See if i let you near my borders, you trash heap.” he snorted. “If they made it this far, they’re capable, but are they useful? Do they have something to give us we didn’t have before? We can keep accepting people in with the basics until we have too many mouths to feed, ever thought of that?” maybe he was getting too heated, but his mood was on a fragile string, and these meetings always tested him. “You’re old, are you not? You know people effing lie. They lie about what they can do and what they can’t, and smellin’ you, I doubt you’d be able to tell.” he probably didn’t need to call him out like that, everyone already mostly likely knew. “Creativity got us this far. Your dusty ass brain need to freshen up a little, maybe have a new thought once in a while. Think you can do that for me?” an idea suddenly struck him. “Actually, let me help.”

He moved his eyes back at the two kids, probably a little confused at his sudden outburst, and smiled. “Notch, Net, come here for pabe.” he cooed, until they came to join him. “Solomon, you are to take these two kids and teach them what being useless means. And they are going to teach you a fresh perspective, how to live a little. Net is Baal’s, and Notch is my own. You are knowledgeable aren’t you? Teach them, take some responsibility.”

Turning back to everyone else, now.

“Rest of you, the border is your domain, or some crap.”

hebe played by bun