Author Topic: MY ART [prp]  (Read 729 times)

Offline lotus⚜

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 8
MY ART [prp]
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:54:56 PM »
let it go
let it leave
let it happen
nothing
in this world
was promised or
belonged to you
anyways

all you own is yourself
-rupi kaur

It was a few days after their run in with Crux at the tar pits and as always Lotus trotted along side her big sister, Ashtar. The calm little girl seemed to glide across the ground, each step calculated and precise as she concentrated on watching her paws. She found it was much easier to not trip all over the place if she watched her steps and it gave her walk a graceful gait. Ashtar's was the typical clumsy puppy gait one would expect of a young pup.

"So where ya wanna go, Ash?" Lotus asked softly, her voice soft and mellow like a cool breeze on a spring morning. "Oh I know!" She interrupted excitedly, unintentionally cutting her sister off, sorry Ash. "Lets go to the Rose Garden! I was over there yesterday and the nice Rengyo lady said that I could play in the flowers just so long as I 'didn't take too many'." Her crimson eyes twinkle as she smiles, her tail wagging happily about her ankles as they walked.

Lotus wasn't in a rush to get there, the young girl was hardly ever in a rush to do anything. She had all the time in the world and the patience of a saint. So to pass the time Lotus sang an old hymn with Ashtar, their voices mixing in beautiful harmony together in a chorus that made them sound angelic. They loved singing together. Every time Ash noticed Lotus looking down or afraid she would start singing a song and she could never resist joining them.

The smell was the first indicator that they were close, the thick, sweet perfume of the roses was drifting to them from upwind and Lotus adjusted her direction until the red field came into view. From the distance it looked like a lake of blood, as if all the blood of all the heathens in the world had been drained into a pool for their gods to enjoy. Lotus shook her little head to rid itself of the disturbing, intrusive thoughts and felt appalled that she'd even thought of such a thing. So she pushed away the thoughts and pranced over to the closest rose, nipping one off at the base of the stem and laying it on the ground.

Settling down onto her belly she made quick work of nibbling the thorns off, licking her teeth and spitting to get them out of her mouth. Humming she went about her task, grabbing rose after rose after rose and plucking each of their thorns off until they had a great bouquet in front of them. Her ruby eyes were gleaming when she looked up at Ashtar and asked, "Wanna make some flower crowns? We can put 'em on and pretend we're the Seours! I'm the White Seour you can be the Red Seour since your so pretty and red and all!" Giggling the sisters set about their work, using their teeth and little paws to weaves the stems together until they held just right.

Lotus sat bat and admired their crowns, making small noises of appreciation as she cooed over their results. She grabbed the one she made and put it on Ashtar's and Ashtar put theirs on her head and the two of them giggled again. But they had extra flowers! Too bad their wasn't someone else to wear it. Still, shouldn't let such beautiful roses go to waste, the Rengyo would be upset if she saw. Ash helped her and the two of them completed the last crown and were admiring it from different angles when they heard footsteps approaching.

#BBA054

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 3542
Re: MY ART [prp]
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 03:58:52 PM »
Lotus is a beautiful little flower, source of everything good in the Valley, and Raphael can't have her. Ashtaroth should be consorting with the Captains, the Court, bonding before she grows out of her rank-- but unlike their birth, her sisters come first. The White Rosa won't want them forever (if Thetis's fear is any indication) and they need some other source of protection besides the unknowable Gigantea.

She can't leave Lotus to just anyone. There are worse things to be in Oukoku-Kai than Bondless.

"So where ya wanna go, Ash?"

She's so dainty, lighter than her sister and even more beautiful, and Ashtar won't be anything until she's out of the way. "Wherever you wa-"

"Oh, I know!" Lotus cuts her off, fascinated with the world and so full of wonder. She just needs a direction. The Rose Garden, it is.

The smell is overwhelming once they enter the breeze, brings tears to Ashtar's eyes when they come close. She plucks the flowers and delivers them to Lotus's feet, where she nibbles off the thorns. As odd as it may seem-- as distant as Foetida is, when compared to their biologic relations to the other Rosa-- Ashtar thinks Lotus the most Yellow of any of them. Assuming, of course, that Raphael is the Dragon. Feizin would fit, but she's far too indoctrinated by Anamelech.

"Pretty," Lotus says, placing the red crown over Ashtar's temples. Maybe, by her sister's standards. It won't last forever. She had hoped to meet a Slaver near the pits, but, no such luck. She needs to begin her toil under the White. Make something pretty for Gigantea. That's what their family is, isn't it?

Ashtaroth returns the favour of coronation, adorning Lotus in the same way as she. The thought of slaving under Anamelech disgusts her, but that is why they were born, is it not? Maybe Lotus would be a better fit. Maybe there's a reason  Thetis is so afraid of the litter. Gigantea bred her perfect successors.

"White Seour," she names, with a graceful bow. Alone, in the garden, they are safe to pretend however they like.

Alone, they are not.

Offline Leocor

• With the entire world against him
  • Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • Noble knight at heart
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 05:22:39 PM »
The knight was curled up in the fresh grass and even though he didn’t sleep he enjoyed the scent of the grass that was carried to his nose. He twitched his ears once in awhile for sounds, but when it was all clear he simply kept his eyes closed and enjoyed the stillness of his surroundings. He had done what he could so far in this land, always ready to serve he kept alert to the sound of distress, ready for duty and ready to sharpen his sword, such he waited. He paid attention and he was ready to spring, sheath like as sword from its scabbard and shining in the morning sun, but unlike cold steel, Leocor was nothing but cold.

The sound of voices took his attention, and his ear twitched toward the sound of singing. Eyes opened and he lifted his head and his brows moved together. What’s that? He concentrated on the sound and realized it was the sound of children singing, more than one. At first he wanted to lay back down, assessing that singing meant that there was no need for him to rise and offer assistance in anything, but soon the urge to socialize with young blood was too strong. He loved children so much, their innocence reflected his own soul and it brought him up to a stand.

His walk was slow and easy as he followed the source of the sound, they had stopped singing but he could still hear them talk and so he followed that sound. His blue paws stepped lightly on the grass as he finally got the two girls in his vision. They were sitting by a field of roses, plucking them and seemingly binding them his heart melted. This was simply too endearing to stand for! He smiled and their innocence and games. "Wanna make some flower crowns? We can put 'em on and pretend we're the Seours! I'm the White Seour you can be the Red Seour since your so pretty and red and all!" The child speaking was golden, dark and white and had dark brown eyes. She was a little beauty with her whirling markings.

"White Seour," Oh so they were playing high ranked were they now? He smiled again and coughed lightly to announce his presence if they hadn’t heard him walking yet (he had walked easily on soft grass, so maybe they hadn’t) he smiled at both girls now with a crown of roses on each of their head. The second child was mostly shades of red but also black and white. He wondered if they were siblings, but there was not much resemblance to them in color beside black and white. ”My, aren’t you a talented little duo?” He sat down to signal he didn’t mean to interrupted them in any way. Leocor being dangerous? Hardly. Not to those he was sworn to protect.

”Was it the white and red seour?” He bowed deeply to them both, exaggerating a little for their amusement. ”What an honor to meet you, both at the same time! I am Leocor, sworn to protect you and all the inhabitants of Oukoku-kai.” he chuckled at them both and hoped they were in on the game and didn’t disrupt it just for his sake.

Played by Bwarh

Offline thetis

• Death Valley
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 55
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 02:37:01 PM »
Her stomach churns as she thinks about everything she has had to go through. These children were testing her patience. She already had to handle the hard miserable life she had given herself, by pledging herself to a god. Mistress didn’t always have time for her.

She had turned to baby sit them, really. To follow them around as best she could. She wanted to control them. For Thetis a paw out of line meant Gigantea would break them. For these children a paw out of line meant Thetis would break there little backs and toss them into the tar.  She couldn’t be there all the time of course, to follow and watch them.

If her goddess asked her why she was so obsessed with knowing where they were, well then her answer would be something along the lines of, “No one should be able to hurt your playthings.” She never referred to them as wolves with their own identity. The children were toys, dolls, heathens.

It was unfortunate for Lotus and Ash that Thetis came across them playing there game in her mothers garden. She overhears her title and over reacts, barreling forward. “CHILDREN” she shouts She stops in front of them, turning an icy gaze to the boy.

This was it. They were replacing her. She knew all along.

For a moment, she is still, completely silent. Her rage comes seemingly out of nowhere, and she uses a paw to sweep out, trying to push the children over, and knock them onto their backs. Her teeth would, whether or not she knocked them over work quickly to snatch at their crows. Tearing the false signs of royalty off their heads.

She couldn’t touch them more than that though, and it drove her mad. She wanted to tear into them, to punish them.

She dosent though, instead her voice firm. “What do you two think you’re doing.” They should know better

And then she turns to the man with them, eyes widening for a second. “And You…Worshiping false idols?” she asks him, coldly. Standing regal for a moment. It boiled inside her, her nerves. “Who owns you boy” she asks, “Who’s house are you apart of?”

They had all made a bad mistake, playing in the roses.
They wrapped your wrists in silver, they took your crown
As they washed your bloody fingers and hands.
Into a tight straitjacket, small padded cell,
As you screamed, “I’m Queen of High School Land!”
#eaa932
Played by Critter

Offline lotus⚜

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 03:20:12 PM »
perhaps i don't deserve
nice things cause i am
paying for sings i don't
remember

-rupi kaur

"My, aren't you a talented little duo?"

Her ruby red eyes peered intensely at the pale blue male that came and sat down near them. He was unfamiliar, was he friend or foe? "Was it the white and red seour?" He bowed to them and Lotus giggled, immediately deciding that she liked this stranger who was so quick to play along with her and her sister. "What an honor to meet you, both at the same time! I am Leocor, sworn to protect you and all the inhabitants of Oukoku-kai."

The little golden girl gives him a dazzling smile and opens her mouth to command her faithful servant when her guardians screech splits the air. “CHILDREN” Lotus doesn't flinch or startle but her eyes grow round as the moon as Thetis charges onto the scene. "White Seo-" but she cut her off, “What do you two think you’re doing.” The little girl drops her eyes to her paws and looks chastiesed, hoping that if she went along with whatever it was that the White Seour wanted then she wouldn't get hurt.

“And You…Worshiping false idols?”

Uh oh. Her blood red eyes looked up from her feet and looked at Leocor. She hadn't meant to get her new friend into trouble. It was only a silly game, she didn't know it was wrong.  “Who owns you boy” she asks, “Who’s house are you apart of?” Lotus hopes that he complies with the Seour and doesn't make a scene. She would hate to get blood on her freshly cleaned pelt.

#BBA054

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 04:01:48 PM »
He's sweet, she thinks. Kind-hearted, optimistic. Yes, he'll do. It's Lotus's game: the whole world is; she just hasn't realized it yet. Ashtar has. She only needs a direction. She looks to Lotus for the first response, before asking Leocor's rank. Anything but Bondless. Please, just be anything but Bondless.

Thetis. The fearful Seour is here, Yellow with rage, but narcissistic as White. She's accusing the adult of blasphemy, for simply playing their childish game in good spirits. She's so afraid.

Of course, it would have been too easy. No one can survive that sweet in Oukoku-Kai. Lotus won't.

Ashtaroth sets her chin on her paws, where she's been shoved by the Seour. She watches Lotus right herself, thankfully doesn't stray too far. Ashtar would have to reach for her tail, if she did. Let the grown-ups talk.

Their crowns lay torn in the dirt to her right, Thetis snarling and snapping at Leocor. Stupid boy; no good deed goes unpunished in Oukoku-Kai.

The last of their creations, the unused yellow, lays before her, untouched by Thetis's wrath. She can't decide who deserved it more: The Seour, or her sister.

Offline Leocor

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • Noble knight at heart
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 07:51:53 AM »
”CHILDREN”

Leocor looks up from the children to see a grown woman, come barreling toward them seemingly angry with the children for their game. He didn’t understand and had the situation been differently he would have reacted faster by asking what was wrong, but he was stunned by the outrage in her voice. How could anyone be this angry with children? Children she seemed to know?

"White Seo-" The little beauty is cut off.

He registered many things at once. First of all he was facing the white seour and he knew they are a beta of sorts, not someone to mess with, to not cross them on a bad day and he seemed he had done just that. Secondly Thetis pushes the children toward the ground, takes their crowns and rips them and now Leocor finally reacts with honor intact.

He grabs for Lotus and pulls her toward him and his chest to offer her sanctuary for Theti’s wrath and looks for the second child but he is way too late. She is shoved and her crown becomes the victim of wrath as Leocor watches. He moves toward the other child to comfort her, but Thetis is not done.

“What do you two think you’re doing.” Clearly heated toward the children Leocor puts a protecting paw on Lotus by instinct if she doesn’t move away or rejected his protection. ”Please my lady. They were just playing.” He had to defend them, had to savor their youth from wrath spurred by something he did not understand, he didn’t know of the jealousy that was behind and felt helpless in the wrath of the white seour, far beyond him in experience and rank. He was too honorable to ever harm or challenge a pack mate, and even more so someone as high ranked as she.

He could only watch and protect the children to the best of his ability from the wrath, maybe he could take the wrath upon himself? “And You…Worshiping false idols?” No need, she was already over him, setting her wrath on to him and no doubt blaming him for this entire affair. Which seemed like an improvement from blaming the children.

”Forgive me my lady. I worship no false idols, we were all just playing a silly game.” He tried to calm the monster that had awoken and he didn’t know how, but he tried. “Who owns you boy. Who’s house are you apart of?” He bowed his head to acknowledge her power and answered truthfully ”No one my lady, I am bondless. I joined very recently, I have yet to receive the honor of belonging to a noble house.”

Sedate the monster and get the kids out of there whole. That was the knight’s mission

Played by Bwarh

Offline thetis

• Death Valley
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 55
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:28 PM »
She was afraid, but it was the nature of those in the Valley. There were a petty, fearful people, slaying all that came between themselves and there gods.  The children, she would have to forgive, she couldn’t punish them too harshly, they didn’t belong to her.

This boy though, this heathen, newly joined, he would be punished. “I see” she says, eyes narrowing as he speaks to her. She turns to the children first, sighing a bit, trying to refrain from injuring them, or hurting them too much. “I don’t care about the crowns” she mumbles, she doesn’t want to give in to them, but she couldn’t let them keep harassing her.

“We can all play with crowns when we are done here.” She tells them firmly, “But never EVER do I want to hear you playing at being holy ranks” she is firm in her words. “It isn’t appropriate.” She turns toward Leocor ”Forgive me my lady. I worship no false idols, we were all just playing a silly game.”

“When a silly game goes above the law, it isn’t silly anymore” she tells him. She moves, quickly as he tells her he has no house. “I cannot stand for this.” She says simply, trying to mimic how anamelech’s tone might be if she was in this situation. “I wont stand for this.” She says after a moment, “I could tear you apart for bringing ideals from heathen lands into our home.” She sighs, whistfully, as if she was longing to do so. “But, I’m a good woman, and I love my people.”

“Children” she would say, looking at them and then at the man. “Prove to me how much you love our people” she smiles, “And boy, You will lay down and take what they dish out to you.”She is firm. “I want you to scar him, put the mark of our people onto him.”

And then, after waiting for a moment, she would go on to add. “You won’t have to be worrying about a house, I’m demoting you. As a slave you can learn more about us as a culture.”

She made the diplomatic choice today, she didn’t kill him.

She would lean down, towards him, teeth to his ear. “If you ever disagree with what I say again, I will tear your tongue out of your mouth and feed it to MY Children.”

Mistress Gigantea did say they were hers aswell.
They wrapped your wrists in silver, they took your crown
As they washed your bloody fingers and hands.
Into a tight straitjacket, small padded cell,
As you screamed, “I’m Queen of High School Land!”
#eaa932
Played by Critter

Offline lotus⚜

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2017, 09:08:24 PM »
stay
i whispered
as you
shut the door behind you.

-rupi kau
r

Lotus slinked over to her sisters side and pressed against her, curling her tail against her side as she waits for her punishment to be dealt out. What horrible thing would the White Seour do to her? Take her ear? Her tail? Both thoughts made her tummy twist and it didn't feel good at all. “Who owns you boy. Who’s house are you apart of?” Lotus watched the adults exchange with eyes wide with a mixture of wonder and a small touch of fear. She didn't want to lose something just for playing a silly game she didn't know was bad.

”No one my lady, I am bondless. I joined very recently, I have yet to receive the honor of belonging to a noble house.”

Crimson eyes the color of blood looked to Thetis to see how she would react to the new information, “Children” Uh oh. She felt her stomach flutter again with that strange new feeling and her ears perked forward to let her guardian know she was listening attentively.  “Prove to me how much you love our people” Lotus loved her people very dearly, didn't she? “And boy, You will lay down and take what they dish out to you.” Her gaze flickered from the White Seour to the Bondless. “I want you to scar him, put the mark of our people onto him.”

Oh? She wasn't going to be losing any body parts or being scared like her poor little brother? Lotus could work with this! Her tail began to wag as she considered Thetis's order, studying Leocor to decide what she should do as her White Seour continued to threaten the newly demoted slave. Had he just been a normal bondless she would have felt bad about hurting him but since he was just a slave now it was her duty to instruct him, isn't that what Mama Hanna had said about the other slaves?

When it seemed like Thetis was done Lotus gave Ashtar's cheek a lick, relieved that harm would not come to either of them. Stepping up to Leocor she jumped up and placed her paws on his broad shoulder, taking his ear into her mouth filled with sharp puppy teeth. Lotus could have took a small piece into her mouth and simply given his ear a small nick but she knew that wouldn't make Thetis happy. She had to do this right the first time so that she wouldn't get in anymore trouble.

So she bit down on the top half of his ear and bit down as hard as her little jaws could, twisting and pulling until she tugged the chunk of flesh free. It didn't part from him easily and she could hear the fibers of tissue ripping in her mouth, making her bones quake. Trying to ignore any moans of pain he made she trotted over to her White Seour and dropped the chunk of ear at her feet, looking up with wide adoring eyes she licked the blood from her lips and wagged her tail.

"Did I do good, White Seour?"
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 09:09:05 PM by lotus? »

#BBA054

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »
Ashtaroth clamps her tongue between sharp baby teeth. Idiot. What sort of stupidity disagrees with the Seour, knowing he is little more than dirt beneath her paws? Now, he is less than; Leocor is little more than spilt blood.

Ashtar rises on spindly legs, nuzzles Lotus in response to her sister's touch. Thetis is bound by strict instruction not to harm the children-- physically, at least. She has no concern for their wellbeing-- for the time being-- and no empathy for the recently demoted slave. He ceased to be of interest when he revealed his lack of rank. Ash listens quietly, void of fear. It isn't appropriate for the daughter of their goddess to be afraid of her own Seour.

Lotus goes first, eager to impress their caretaker; Ashtar circles the two while the yellow girl tears his ear. Oh, Ashtaroth was thinking as much. Something obviously visible, but not debilitating. He may still serve them one day, with this subservient attitude, and a better understanding of their ways. Bright little flower, Lotus is. Brilliant blend of White and Yellow, devoted to their ordained mama, but vicious as the one that took father's tongue. Maybe Ashtar isn't protecting her at all, but protecting the rest of the Valley from the girl.

Why is she the only one fighting Gigantea's influence?

She watches the way Leocor's severed ear bleeds over his face, ignoring any words the Bondless-- slave-- has for her. He is less than she, somehow. She wants his blood in her fur, his cries in her ears, his very life. Thetis has ordered otherwise. She really hates being told what to do.

There's too much fur, too much scruff; she's just not big enough to hurt him yet. Lotus wags her tail with Leocor's lost ear at her feet, and Ashtaroth looks at his legs. There's a little more meat to latch on to, to tear into. Tiny teeth, little points of unimpressive pressure, they pierce his skin easily enough. She's gotten into an armadillo before; a wolf's hide stands no chance. She tugs like a pup pulling at her father's ear, then snarls, braces her paws, and tears.

Dangling from her jaws is not as much as she would like, a disappointing scrap of mostly fur she spits out, blood seeping mainly from where her teeth dragged over the skin. Is this the mark of their people, a scratch on the wrist? The youngest of their litter has an ear, what does Ashtaroth have?

There is anger, but mostly directed at herself. She is only impressive when her siblings aren't present for comparison. She rubs her tongue against her teeth, scraping off whats left of the fur trapped in her mouth, and falls on the slave again. The first attempt was only clearing the way; ears scar easily, but if she can get down to the muscle, it will take years to heal, and with any luck, he'll limp for life. As quickly noted as the loss of a facial feature, but more identifiable as an intentional maiming, than a mark of battle.

The patch of flesh now mostly bare, she snaps down on it sharply, and wrenches back, chunk of flesh finally ripped free. Ashtaroth trots to the Seour, sits next to her sister, tails smacking together as they wag uncoordinately. The chunk of Leocor's foreleg hangs from her mouth, blood and saliva dripping from her smile.

Offline Leocor

• Death Valley
  • Initiate
  • Noble knight at heart
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 12:54:38 PM »
The knight watches as wrath turns into spite and like a dragon she spurr's fire in every possible direction. Hatred, greed and anger it all flares in her and Leocor knows that someone will pay the price for it all. Please let it be me. He couldn’t bear the thought of the children carrying the weight of her hatred, he barely cared what punishment she felt suited him.

“When a silly game goes above the law, it isn’t silly anymore I cannot stand for this. I wont stand for this. I could tear you apart for bringing ideals from heathen lands into our home. But, I’m a good woman, and I love my people.” The young wolf was naive but not that naive. He realizes that she she calls merciful is probably a more cruel punishment and he looks at the children, wishing he could tell them it was alright. That he could look into their eyes and tell them not to become like this, that this was what they should avoid.

But she was white seour, so this was what they would learn, this was what they would remember and take lessons from and he despised the woman for it. He tried hard to forgive her, to see the good in her and not feel angry with her, but the kind hearted knight was struggling to not see her as petty and these actions as wrong. Wrong for the children. He didn’t change his expression but kept eye contact with Thetis.

“Children Prove to me how much you love our people And boy, You will lay down and take what they dish out to you. I want you to scar him, put the mark of our people onto him. You won’t have to be worrying about a house, I’m demoting you. As a slave you can learn more about us as a culture. If you ever disagree with what I say again, I will tear your tongue out of your mouth and feed it to MY Children.”

He watched her with a feeling inside he wasn’t used to. What was this place? Was she not the beta? Wasn’t she supposed to invoke inspiration to the children? Teach them kindness and goodness of this world? Now she was teaching them punishment, anger and entitling them for it. It was wrong. Wrong to ask the children to carry out a punishment toward him he barely understood. Idolize false gods? He knew they weren’t gods, he knew they were just playing pretend, he wasn’t stupid.

But considering her reaction to that he didn’t dare think of her reaction if he spoke up and so he kept his tongue well inside his mouth to not have it removed. He lowered his body and let Lotus pull off part of his left ear, he didn’t look at the child he couldn’t imagine what she was thinking, wagging her tail and seemingly happy about it. He worried for their future, worried that they were being told that this was right and this was justice. He winced once but didn’t cry out as the ear got ripped and pulled, he bit his lip instead and his eyes were only looking at Thetis.

The second child took his right front leg and took out a small chunk of it, it would scar as it healed but left no permanent damage as her teeth couldn’t reach anything permanently, it hurt as she bit twice, but he blamed not her or the golden child. She blamed only Thetis, he looked only at her with blame in his eyes as he bleed from his wounds, he blamed only her for doing the children wrong.

Played by Bwarh