Author Topic: Tell me where does your garden grow? [Border||Open]  (Read 344 times)

Offline 《Juniper》

• Initiate
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Tell me where does your garden grow? [Border||Open]
« on: July 14, 2017, 03:32:31 PM »
It was weird how he just... went. He ended up places. He wandered, feet plodding onwards and onwards and towards where? It was hard to say. Nothing he did seemed to make sense sometimes, and he wondered if maybe that would just ruin him. The fact that he hadn't seen anyone in what felt like ages was gnawing in his guts, he needed attention. People. Someone to notice him. It's a waste of time, it always is. That aching and burning hole in his heart that needed people to notice him.

Maybe that's why he ran, why he'd left home. To try to find someone or something that would fill him up. Make him whole. He didn't know where to go, what to do. No, all Juniper had was a wanderlust and a pain that he felt would never heal. If he could just pretend it was normal, pretend he was normal... Then maybe he could figure out how to survive, how to bring himself into a whole person. Anything really though that could distract him from this need to find something he can't identify would work.

He'd been wandering through a few copses of trees, through scrub and grassland. Night was approaching fast, and the mountains nearby didn't make the darkness's approach seem any slower. The sky slowly faded pink, red, purple, and then settled into the deep royal of night. His feet ached, his heart ached, his everything ached. But he couldn't bring himself to stop walking, and the thought occurred to him that maybe he'd just walk to the ends of the earth.

Looking out into the dark grass, he finally slowed his walking to a halt. And then he noticed something out there. Lights? Tiny little lights. They flashed and flickered in the grass, bouncing around eagerly in the deepening dusk. The sight was pretty, that's for sure. Before he could really stop himself he bounded out into the lights like a pup again. (Although could one really say he wasn't still a pup, he's barely into his adulthood.) It didn't take him long to realize they were bugs, tiny flashing bugs. Where he was from they didn't have them, and it was a sight he'd really never seen before. Racing through the grass caused them to alight and flash angrily at him, and he couldn't resist continuing on. Running around, snapping at them, bouncing to and fro. He'd felt so tired before, but in this moment he's distracted from his own troubles.

What he doesn't realize is that he'd crossed a border, an invisible line into a land he knew nothing about. Too busy chasing fireflies and forgetting why he was so upset before. Instead he kept galloping forward, through the grass, around trees. All he could think to do is play with these bugs who for the moment were a beautiful distraction from his quest to the ends of the earth.

OOC: Anyone is welcome to come bother him, or scare him off, or tell him to get out. Y'all have consent to do whatever you want as long as you don't murder him haha. (Which I doubt would happen anyways. :P)

Offline Avis

• It never felt RIGHT
  • Gemini
  • Initiate
  • Don't feel it
  • Liked: 3
Re: Tell me where does your garden grow? [Border||Open]
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:02:02 AM »
The darkness was peeking behind the mountains, rearing toward the end the light was disappearing and leaving strong colors behind on the sky. The darkness was welcome, they shadows growing long and the grass was swaying gentle around her. She lay in the grass, untouched and undisturbed, not worried about the border at this point for she knew she had  wall to return to should danger come. She had curled herself up in the tall grass and was watching as fireflies came and buzzed around, lighting up the darkness.

The darkness was not disturbed for moments, until the sound of running and teeth snapping together made her head rise and her ears perking. She did not like the sound of that and she quietly got up, hiding in the grass to watch who or what it was. It was not a wolf that was for sure, it was much smaller, different in build and a different coat altogether, it couldn’t be a wolf. It was small and playing with the fireflies like a child. She took a moment to gather it’s scent and then she stood up. She was not afraid for a change.

It was a female dog, though she had never met a dog so she didn’t know, she walked toward her and she wasn’t that much taller than her, but she had more weight and mass to her. She wasn’t a violent individual in any way, but knowing she could defend herself should the need arise it made her feel more at ease to talk to the funny looking wolf, who wasn’t a wolf. ”Hey!”

She was flicking her tail slightly and looked sternly at the female.They were at the border and she was playing around there. Did she look for acceptance? Avis couldn’t grant her that, but then again maybe she was just looking for something else? She didn’t feel like she was much of a threat considering she was running back and forth playing with fireflies, but still! She ought to know better than to play on others borders. Avis didn’t like coming up front and acting like authority but she thought it best that she warned her of her actions.

”T-This is Gemini! You’ve entered our broder. Do you seek acceptance? I- I could get someone for that.” She began looking around like a scout would appear out of thin air and already felt like a completely moron. She was stammering her way through this and that wasn’t exactly too good. She thought back on the wall, clinging to its protection and then realized something.

She had heard back at the wall when the king and queen spoke someone had been killed at the border. ”Some people around here might get upset with you for crossing the border.” Why couldn’t she do anything right? She was hopeless. She stood a little with her defenses up then sat down with a sight. ”Who am I kidding I got not authority to tell you any of this.” Damnit. She looked at the female pouted slightly. She never smiled much. ”I am Avis.”

[ooc: I know Juniper identifies as a male, but Avis doesn’t know that and can just smell she is a female. Sorry! This might be interesting though as Avis also feels “off” and upset about being a female, but doesn’t know it yet]

Played by Bwarh

Offline Eve~

• Gemini
  • Regular
  • Liked: 64
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 03:21:07 PM »

When she had followed Avery up the cliffside, Eve hadn't been searching for authority or high expectations. That's what she got, though - Tauro Eve, Tauro, Tauro. The title held such heavy weight, narrowed eyes and building tension each time she spoke it. Eve understood why, and tried to let roll off of her shoulders, but sometimes it just stuck. She let out a slow sigh, scarred body ambling slowly around Gemini's borders. It felt so strange to hold rank again, to have responsibilities. It was nice. It allowed Eve a chance to throw herself fully into something, become totally engrossed in it. It made it easier to forget the horrors of the past - for a little while, anyway.

The scent of strangers on the night air roused Eve's suspicions. Single remaining eye narrowed a fraction, and the wolfdog turned and trotted off in the direction the scents had come from. Close to the border, closer than she had been; being a sentry wasn't exactly her job, but Eve was a protector, a peacekeeper - if a threat came through the borders, she wanted to be there to defend against it. And, of course, past experience had taught the fringe collie to be inherently suspicious of.. well, pretty much everything.

As Eve approached, she could discern two different scents: one clearly belonging to a wolf of Gemini, and one that clearly did not. Deciding it was better to check it out than to simply assume it was a routine acceptance, the wolfdog pushed herself forward further.

”Some people around here might get upset with you for crossing the border. Who am I kidding I got not authority to tell you any of this.”

The Tauro's brows furrowed as she pushed through the undergrowth and into view, just as Avis was introducing herself. The other Gemini wolf was right about one thing, Eve knew - this bouncing stranger had no business crossing the border into their home. Had it been any other situation, the golden wolfdog might have immediately began to snap and snarl to drive the interloper out. As it were, though.. watching this young one snap and chase the fireflies around was almost amusing, and she paused for a moment to watch with an almost nostalgic look on her face. It reminded Eve of better times.. but she quickly shut those thoughts down. It didn't matter how happy they were; they were trespassing, and they needed to be dealt with.

Depending on whether the trespasser had stopped or not, Eve would do one of two things: take off after them and attempt to physically tackle them to the ground, or talk to both the not-Gemini stranger and Avis.

If the latter happened, Eve's questions would begin. "You've trespassed on Gemini territory. She may not have the authority to tell you to get out, but I do." At least her rank came with some perks. Really, even if she hadn't had any power, a severely scarred up battle-hound glowering down aggressively at someone was usually enough to get them moving on their own, in Eve's experience. "Who are you, and why are you here?" Even as she spoke, the valkyrie was pushing forward towards the stranger, trying to usher them back towards the border. Eve had no problems getting violent if it was necessary, but she held back - for now.

(profile // played by silokk // tracker // #1a9f80)

• ⚔ VALKYRIE ⚔ •

Out of the night that covers me, black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 31
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; whoops, I forget Avis was in the mass acceptance, so I changed it up just a bit.
-------------------------

Night settled and once again the little wallflower began to make her rounds, having spent more time lately fulfilling her Ranger duties than her Whisper duties (as she had found none as of yet to fulfill). Though she was not completely comfortable at the border yet, she found working the night patrol seemed to work out better for her unsteady nerves. Less people were on Gemini's borders at night, and more often than not, she passed by the whole length of them without the sight of another soul with the exception of the occasional fellow Ranger. That too comforted her worried soul, to know that there were in fact reinforcements working the outskirts as she was. Of course, this also left the risk of more danger, to come across someone at night, to feel more exposed to the demons that lay in the shadows, waiting to devour her frightened, flighty spirit. Iaera's fretful catch 22 it seemed, was just that, less people, but the higher likelihood of danger in those she did meet.

It was obvious to those that saw past the darling smile and lilting accent that she was not suited to this rank, at least not yet. Still lacking confidence in herself to be assertive when alone on the borders, she played the "fake it until you make it" game haphazardly. But it was a job she had been given, by the KING no less and she would do well to serve and follow the orders. Plus she was certain it would help her nerves (interestingly enough) once she was able to get past them on the border, then shouldn't she be fine everywhere? Flawed logic; flooding and forcing herself into work she could barely handle. It ate at her gut, bringing bile mixed with nausea up into her throat, burning and unsettling. Iaera paused her gait momentarily to steady her wavering body, feeling a tingling numbness come over her extremities. "Easy, easy, EASY..." the woman cooed to herself in an attempt to ease her upset stomach. Finally the little wolfdog swallowed it back down and began to move again, still feeling shaky she put her mind on something else.

The little Ranger-slash-Whisper, as she'd began to say, watched the fireflies dance, twinkling softly. They were so tiny, so easily destroyed and yet they shined a light for all to see, to draw near them, she was jealous of their haughty nature. "How shameful to be jealous of a bug..." a heavy-handed scold, her ears pinned back momentarily before the sound of chomping jaws came to her. Like a little deer in headlights, Iaera froze, violet eyes wide, why was she hearing the snapping of jaws in the dead of night? All the bile that had been forcefully swallowed down rose back up, stinging her throat until it was tight and painful, effectively silencing Iaera for the time being. She caught the motion of another figure going by, from within Gemini's territory, someone else was coming to see what the goings on were all about. So the gray and tan woman forced her legs into motion, following softly being Avis, in no real hurry because she couldn't move her legs any faster. They were shaking, they were stiff, the fight or flight had given way to flight and Iaera was battling against her own nature to move forward.

Then she saw the dog, leaping and playing, going for fireflies, it looked harmless enough, simply mistaken. Though Iaera didn't really much like dogs-- who would after being mauled by a pack of them?-- she continued to edge forward as Avis started talking. The maiden switched into Whisper-mode for a moment, noting that she faintly recognized the woman speaking from her acceptance, but upon hearing her disseminate a somewhat lacking request to back off Gemini, and a somewhat uncertain understanding of the rules, Iaera supposed the woman was still unranked and uneducated. It dawned on her that a new member really had no need to be on the border, then again, neither did she... How would this dog react? Civilized? Was that even a possibility? She'd met many mixes and varieties, but she'd never met a pure dog-- as far as she could tell-- that was anything other than savagely unpleasant. Another figure approached, but this time, it made Iaera a little anxious. Eve was certainly not a friendly looking welcoming party by any means, terrifying, covered in scars, full of dominance, but at least she was quicker to get the situation under control as Iaera was still approaching slowly.

Eve however took a much more powerful and straightfoward approach to handling the transgression; Iaera flinched at how hard the golden woman's words were. The little Ranger didn't see much of a fault in what seemed like an accidental crossing, but she'd remember for the future to perhaps not be so light with others when they crossed-- Dunixi crossed her mind for a moment--. Now was her time though, she was a Ranger, her place was the border, she was supposed to be confident and in control here, now was her time to fake it again. Head up, tail stiff, silently trying to clear away her throat so she could manage some words, violet eyes glowing towards Eve, "N-new Ranger, if you need any... assistance." Curt and to the point, the tan and gray figured Eve would appreciate that, plus it helped her to not sound like she was absolutely mortified to be here. The less words the better.

There was no danger though was there? Even if this dog turned violent, she had little doubt the battleworn wolfdog before her couldn't handle it. One doesn't acquire that many scars and still be alive without being quite the proficient fighter; being a survivor. As she hung back, she shifted her look back to Avis, curiosity was getting the best of her, and she felt the need to own the border more. Iaera hated to come across rude though, and was working hard to find the compromise needed between the two ideals, as if they were mutually exclusive. A slight motion to Avis, as if to say 'back up, come here' before settling unless Eve wanted something from her, Iaera would clear her throat a bit more heavily now, trying to keep her head up and her body from shaking. "Any member of Gemini can, and a-absolutely s-should enforce our borders, regardless of rank. Trespassers can be d-dangerous, and it's disrespectful for them to cross our markings." Her lack of authority gave her away, clearly not scolding Avis, but offering sound information. "And any member with rank can accept in Gemini," finally hitting a bolder tone, something she knew, Whisper information as it were. "I've not seen you around much, and you seem uncertain about our rules, should I assume you are still unranked?"

She would wait to see if Avis replied, but regardless she would add, "Either way, the border isn't the best place for you. You need to learn about Gemini some, " keeping her voice down to not bother Eve's fierce interrogation of Juniper. "but if you are interested in the Ranger rank, you can finish my patrol with me tonight?"

« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 03:51:04 PM by Iaera [rp] »
#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.

Offline 《Juniper》

• Initiate
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
Like a puppy his energy felt boundless, although when he actually caught a lightening bug in his mouth he stopped and sputtered, trying to spit out the foul taste. Disgusting, not at all what he expected lights to taste like. How could this happen to him? What did he do to deserve this? Nothing! Absolutely nothing. And yet this has happened. Awful and terrible and not at all what he wanted. Distracted again by the bugs he didn't actually notice Avis until she spoke up. The dark colored dog's head shot up, the taste of bug forgotten as he pauses and stares at her. A wolf! He hadn't expected to run into anyone out here. Blinking, he tilts his head to the side as she starts talking. The mention of a border and acceptance was not what he expected, and he just sort of continues to do the confused puppy head tilt.

"I'm... not allowed to be here?" He says, ears drooping slightly. "I hadn't noticed any border...." Of course the wolf mentioned something about not having the authority to accept him or make him leave. But she did at least introduce herself as Avis, and that made him perk back up again. Introductions are fun. "I'm Juniper! Nice to meetcha Avis."

Sadly it seems introductions were to be interrupted by another member of this 'Gemini'. He'd file the knowledge away for later if he ever came back this direction. The lighter wolfdog was far less nice than Avis, scarred and glaring down at him. It immediately made him curl his tail up under his belly. The crowding and pushing also worked as he did take a few steps back and away from her. Aggression was not his strong suit, he just wanted to say hello. Trying to get the words out of why he was there was a bit harder when he was made so nervous by Eve. It felt like his tongue was stuck to the roof of his mouth. And then of course a third person showed up. Another wolf it seemed. Out-numbered by several canines larger than him, Juniper sort of sinks himself closer to the dirt and flicks his ears back. A couple more steps back are taken.

"I'm s-sorry I was just chasing some bugs. I didn't realize this land belonged to anyone." It was obvious he was fairly sincere, considering that it really was a mistake on his part. Juni hadn't been paying attention and obviously had brought this upon himself. It didn't make him feel very good to know he's immediately gone and upset anyone. The natural desire to people please is already rising to the surface for him. "I was mostly just passing through and was curious. I didn't mean to cause any harm.... " Every time he opened his mouth there was probably still a tiny bit of faint glow from that bug he tried to eat. Gross. But really he didn't know what else to do, obviously they were going to usher him back over the border, but that thought also made him kind of sad. He didn't want to just go back to being totally alone for the night, even if he wasn't sure he was going to join them for good. Something in his itchy feet said that here wasn't where he was meant to be.

Hopefully nothing would get violent, he's not a fighter and certainly not a fan of getting hurt. Instead he anxiously keeps glancing between the three Gemini members, moving fairly slowly as Eve seems to be very intent on pushing him back on and out of here.

OOC: Don't worry about misgendering him ic, it's cool! I'm aware that is a possibility considering he looks fairly feminine.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:39:02 PM by ?Juniper? »

Offline Avis

• It never felt RIGHT
  • Gemini
  • Initiate
  • Don't feel it
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 08:07:09 AM »
"I'm... not allowed to be here? I hadn't noticed any border....I'm Juniper! Nice to meetcha Avis." Avis tried to be friendly in return to the female’s optimism, but couldn’t force it too well and rather than wag her tail it made a small whip as she looked at her. What should she do? Probably call someone here, she couldn’t handle this situation by herself, she wasn’t authorized to do that. She almost set into a short howl but then someone came along to her rescue.

"You've trespassed on Gemini territory. She may not have the authority to tell you to get out, but I do."

The appearance alone shocked Avis so much she almost jumped, but rather than jumping she crumbled and moved aside for this woman. She did not know her name and she was too frightened to even think about it. Never in her short life had Avis seen that many scars on one person, she couldn’t imagine the pain and horrors she had to go through to look like that. Parts of her ears missing, an eye gone, her legs torn like skinned meat. It was horrible.

Avis was rarely compassionate because her own thoughts filled her too much, because her own troubles filled her head, but in this case she did wonder and did think how one came to look like that and still survive to tell the tale of it. "N-new Ranger, if you need any... assistance." A small figure came onto the scene as well and Avis had decided to crumble up on the ground on her belly hiding in the long grass. ”I’m sorry.” she said to both women of Gemini, suddenly feeling misplaced and useless. She shouldn’t have greeted the stranger.

While Eve and the intruder talked, the smaller one made a notion for her to come over and Avis did her bidding without any complaints. "Any member of Gemini can, and a-absolutely s-should enforce our borders, regardless of rank. Trespassers can be d-dangerous, and it's disrespectful for them to cross our markings. Avis nodded with a sad motion and upset eyes. She should have told herself that, she should have known! Stupid, stupid, stupidstupidstupid…

The truth was stuck in her throat like a lump and she could only nod at her to show she understood and was listening. "And any member with rank can accept in Gemini, I've not seen you around much, and you seem uncertain about our rules, should I assume you are still unranked?" Once again Avis nodded to her still hunching on her knees almost reaching the same height as the small woman, who Avis barely noticed for the moment was insanely short in height. It didn’t occur to her because she was so busy with an internal monologue about how idiotic she had been.

"Either way, the border isn't the best place for you. You need to learn about Gemini some, but if you are interested in the Ranger rank, you can finish my patrol with me tonight?" She would place that much trust in Avis? Avis hardly had that not much trust in herself (she had none really) and she got a panicked look on her face. ”I- I couldn’t! I would be useless! I don’t even know what a ranger is.” She felt like a lamb against the wolf, she had to prove herself useful in something? That could not end well.

Played by Bwarh

Offline Eve~

• Gemini
  • Regular
  • Liked: 64
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 09:17:59 PM »

"N-new Ranger, if you need any... assistance." The wolfdog heard her, flicking her tattered ears in acknowledgement while keeping her focus on the interloper. Innocent or not, trespassing was still a crime that Gemini would not take lightly, that Eve did not take lightly. Not after what had happened to Tauro, not after she had been forced to give herself as a prisoner in exchange for the freedom of an outlands child kidnapped because no one was paying attention. The thought made her anger grow, but the woman did not attack - yet.

But as he hurriedly backed up, tail curled and fear filling his eyes, Eve felt a strong pang of sorrow and pity. Aleksei had looked at her in much the same way when she had found him alone in the desert. The battleworn woman stopped, looking the smaller dog over. He wasn't a threat - he had firefly guts glowing in his teeth, still young in the world, carefree. The creases in her muzzle smoothed out, the scarred valkyrie relaxing noticeably.

"I'm s-sorry I was just chasing some bugs. I didn't realize this land belonged to anyone. I was mostly just passing through and was curious. I didn't mean to cause any harm.... "

She could hear the sincerity in his voice, and it made her feel terrible. "I-- look, it was an accident right? It's okay," Eve said in what she hoped was a soothing tone (something she hadn't used in a while). "You still trespassed though, and I -- we," she paused her to look at the other two present, "will have to escort you out." She couldn't allow him to remain in Gemini's territory, even if he wasn't causing anyone any harm. Thinking of how brutish she had been towards him made the woman frown. Since when had she gotten so aggressive? Shredded ears tilted back. How awful. Instead of trying to use brute force to push him out, this time Eve held up a scarred leg, motioning in the border's direction. A quick glance would be given to each of the others, head tossing to get them to follow. They were going to have a little talk.

If the dog complied as she expected him too, Eve would trot up beside him on his right so she could, quite literally, keep an eye on him. "I'm Eve," the fringe collie offered, a kind of olive branch. She didn't mind talking with him or being generally sociable - as long as he did what she asked and returned to the other side of the border. "It would be wise to be more careful." Hopefully, the dog would heed her advice.

(profile // played by silokk // tracker // #1a9f80)

• ⚔ VALKYRIE ⚔ •

Out of the night that covers me, black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed.

Offline Iaera [rp]

• [the nymph]
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 31
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 07:00:30 PM »
[i a e r a]
ooc; n/a
-------------------------

Eve offered her a nod, but nothing more as she was still locked onto poor Juniper. Iaera understood though, and judging from Eve's appearance, she gathered there might be a fair reason the fellow wolfdog was not so trusting. Iaera had similar scars, though not as severe that littered the skin beneath her pelt, she figured she understood on a smaller scale. The maiden had no idea; no way of knowing how wrong she truly was, so instead she felt a kinship with Eve. Maybe one day she would learn, but it was probably not this day. Iaera admitted (to herself) that she thought Eve might be being a little bit harsh, but perhaps she was just a little too lax? Just as Avis came over to speak with her, she noticed the battle scarred woman's expression soften a bit, perhaps realizing the transgression was purely accidental.

However, Eve wasn't the only one that was going to feel bad this meeting. As Avis made a face about Iaera's stuttering scold, the Ranger frowned. You couldn't get any less intimidating than a midget stuttering but apparently Avis was still upset. The Recruit seemed to practically buckle under the basic facts being given, "I-..." she was about to say something when Avis finally spoke again about patrolling and what a Ranger was. Iaera offered a soft sympathetic smile, "No such thing," she tried to comfort Avis, "you wouldn't be useless, only learning something new." She noted when Eve motioned for them, and she gave Avis a slight nudge in the proper direction. "Rangers are the members who patrol the borders, I had just started my patrol when I came up on you all here. All you'd have to do is walk with me and learn a bit about the borders."

As the Tauro motion Juniper towards the border Iaera would add to Avis, "If you want to that is, if not then you should perhaps head a little more into Gemini's territory." Hopefully Juniper would comply, the little Ranger imagined he would, and her fellow wolfdog spoke, Iaera nodded, "Not everyone who finds you on their borders would give you a chance to speak..." it was soft, in a concerned tone as to not sound like she was threatening him or trying to frighten him.   

#CEA980

.profile.
.played by eclipse.