Author Topic: buried toy [Dixie]  (Read 308 times)

Offline .Aiden.

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
buried toy [Dixie]
« on: July 14, 2017, 08:45:39 AM »
The thing about bones, they are from dead bodies. Aiden didn’t particularly care for that at all and usually went around bones. He had a distaste for ‘em, hated them even because they all belonged to dead toys and playthings. But hunger could drive him to scavenge on them and the boy sure was hungry. He was gnawing away with closed eyes, thinking of other things but the bone and dried off skin on them. This bone was broken and allowed him to lick out as much of the bone marrow as he could. He did love that stuff even if it didn’t satisfy the hunger completely, it certainly did take off the edge.

When he had finished eating the meat and scrapes off the bone he had found he didn’t know what to do with it exactly. Toss it away? Bury it? Play with it? Absolutely not. He refused to play with dead things and shuddered at the very thought. Downtime had been long enough now he wanted to play again, wanted to unpause the game and do something. So bury it would be the option. He lifted it with him and looked around for a good spot to dig in.

He wasn’t an expert really so he had to make a guess and wandered around stomping a bit on the ground to find a soft spot. When he did find one he wasted little time and began digging it up. Up, up it goes and out of the way, into the air and every direction. He smiled and realized that this was fun. He soon made a point out of turning his body in a circle around the hole and dig up the dirt in every possible direction and when he could dig no more he jumped up and found a new spot.

The bone was laying on the ground, forgotten as he dug a new hole, then another and then another. There were holes all around him now and dirt in piles all over the place and he laughed at the fun he was having, laughing at how easy it all was. When his work was finished he lifted his head up and panted from the hard work. Now there were a lot of holes, a lot of places to hide bones. He sat down for moments, resting and pausing the game again. It would soon unpause and continue when he was ready.
You see the cripple dance
Pay your money, baby
Now's your chance
Eyes like cyanide

I am so dumb
Just beam me up
I've had it all forever
I've had enough

Played by Bwarh

Offline Dixie

• Governess & Navigator
  • Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: buried toy [Dixie]
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 02:05:47 PM »
   Being the head steward, she was use to having others act childish around her. They were, after all, usually children. When she wasn’t around children, she still saw every little motion in others that could be considered childish. The twitch of their lips, the shining in their eyes. Excitement caused them to appear childish. Dixie tried to never get excited. It wasn’t hard for her, as there was nothing to be excited about. Every step she took felt empty, her mind clouded. The dog was simply going for a walk, tired of staying in her den all day. She had been trying to put down plans about the upcoming litters, but she was being spread thin. The short walks gave her a moment to fade out of her reality, which, in this given moment, she should have been paying more attention.

With one misstep, she felt her body slam against the ground. A surprise yelp escaped her, as she was able to slightly catch herself. Dixie pulled her paw out of the hole, looking down at it with confusion. Then she looked about, seeing more stray holes scattering the ground. “The eff…” Who the hell had dug these holes? Her mind was still foggy, but she could focus in on one thought: this was a safety hazard. There was a broken bone lying on the ground, to which she padded over to give it a sniff. The marrow had been licked out, it seemed. As she looked back up, she noticed someone a little far off from her, and she frowned. It was time for her to be that mom that went to walmart and demanded the manager.

“Um, excuse me?” She’d try to break through the other’s focus. If they didn’t pay attention, she’d repeat herself once again, hoping they would. “Are you responsible for all these...holes?” This felt like a cryptid sighting or something. It felt so stupid yet possibly real. What was she going to do, anyways? Then again, the wolf mix in front of her did appear young, and it was her job to care for children. She would put on her stern steward face, ready to tell the other off in need be. That was her job, after all. That and teach the young about Tortuga, but mainly tell them off so they didn’t get under the paws of those working.

Yeah I wish I’d been a
Wish I’d been a teen, teen idle
Wish I’d been a prom queen
Fighting for the title
Instead of being sixteen
And burning up a bible
Feeling super, super Suicidal
The wasted years
The wasted youth
The pretty lies the ugly truth
And the day has come
Where I have died
Only to find I’ve come alive

played by alue | #45c8bf

Offline .Aiden.

• Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:20:29 AM »
Dig, dig, dig DIG! He was smiling by himself as he dug through a new hole and happily kicked away the dirt with his back paws after he had rested, he did it in the same moment that the dog mix had called him the first time and he hadn’t heard her, but did lift his head with his back turned to her. She called a second time and this time he did hear. He turned and blinked.

She was BLUE! Not just a little blue, but very blue! He didn’t even hear her stern voice and her accusing question but his surprised look turned into a huge grin with his tongue out as she stood there his his new hole and saw her very blue ears and tail tip. It was almost magical, it was drawing him in like fire and he watched with big and gleaming eyes. The woman might recognize the look, as someone who had spent a lot of time around children.

Play!

”BLUE!” He declared loudly and sprang up from the hole, revealing that while he was just 6 months old his full height was coming in nicely. He was already bigger than Dixie, just not at his full weight yet. Without much thought for anything he stomped toward her with as much speed as he could muster and launched himself after Dixie in an attempt to wrestle her to the ground and get a nip at her blue ear to try and taste it.

If Dixie foresaw the big lump’s plans he would chase her in a tagit game trying to get a touch of that sweet blue color. He didn’t use his teeth at all but rather harmlessly attempted to suck on her ear and lick it to see if it tasted of something nice, maybe it was toy, maybe it was candy of some sort he didn’t know and that was the exciting part!
You see the cripple dance
Pay your money, baby
Now's your chance
Eyes like cyanide

I am so dumb
Just beam me up
I've had it all forever
I've had enough

Played by Bwarh

Offline Dixie

• Governess & Navigator
  • Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 10
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 10:02:35 PM »
   She had spent a lot of time with children, of course, that being her job. And while plenty of them showed the same behaviour, they sometimes had different, unique, outcomes from their typical actions. Dixie could usually guess what would happen when a pup decided they wanted to play, and could easily prepare herself for such actions. A simple lowering of the front of her body, some possible chasing - it was all normal. The issue that she felt she was facing here was the fact that this was still, in her eyes and to the youngster as well, this was an almost fully grown pup. There were the looks and behaviour of a typical puppy, but the height gave away that this boy was growing into his paws. She felt she knew what to expect when the overgrown pup would do when he looked at her.

”BLUE!” She had been called that before, though it had actually been ‘Blue Ears’ when she had at one point had a human. For some reason Dixie felt that maybe, just maybe, this big child wouldn’t do the expected thing of trying to rush at her. When her hopes were shown wrong, she tried to back up, but the knowledge that there were holes all about her kept the dog from running. The last thing she wanted was to twist her own paw, let alone the child’s. She could live with a few scrapes and bruises, but didn’t want to be responsible for a child’s injury. Then again, as the creature that loomed above her came at her, she second guessed her morales.

Dixie was easily knocked over, barely giving up a fight. She fell onto her side, feeling the teething on her ear. “No! No. No. No.” She scolded, trying to push the bigger canine away with her front paws. Some relief came over her when the biting at her ears seemed to be more of nibbling, so it made her more gentle to pulling away. If anyone were to stumble upon them, it would be a sight. The adult dog, laying on her side, front of her body awkwardly above the ground, with a grown looking wolf that was actually still a puppy biting onto the dog’s ear, while the dog was trying to push the other away in a more gentle fashion. “Stop it, right now.

Yeah I wish I’d been a
Wish I’d been a teen, teen idle
Wish I’d been a prom queen
Fighting for the title
Instead of being sixteen
And burning up a bible
Feeling super, super Suicidal
The wasted years
The wasted youth
The pretty lies the ugly truth
And the day has come
Where I have died