Author Topic: Stationary Explorations (prp Sutz)  (Read 488 times)

Offline Ayliyra

• Til your blinded eyes can see Your Own lies
  • Apprentice
  • The stars will recount my last days
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 0
Stationary Explorations (prp Sutz)
« on: July 11, 2017, 10:23:51 PM »
She had followed the trail as instructed reaching a spot with the distinctive scent of herbs and the like but despite the King's confidence that she would find the healer there it seemed not to be the case as there was no one present as far as she could see or scent. It was a bit disappointing but only briefly as she was well aware of things not always going quite according to plan so she would simply wait and see what happened. In the meantime she would investigate and memorize all the plant scents here. One never knew when being able to recognize and place a scent would come in handy after all. As she worked thoughts inevitably cropped up about her meeting with the king and though she always hastily pushed them away so she could concentrate on her present task they persisted. Finally she gave up and went a bit outside the garden to think. Mostly she thought about what he'd said about seeing beasts wielding fire. She knew of it as well and knew of it being done by an ally of Nardir, but that was, in some ways, the best case scenario if it could even be called that given her circumstance as a Nardirian exile. What she needed to look at and assess was the worst case scenarios and the worst case scenarios she could think of were that it was the same pack but that they might no longer be Nardir's allies. That could really put her in a spot being the potential enemy of a potential enemy. Of course if she were inclined she could potentially use that to her advantage though it wasn't likely she would as there would likely be far too much risk to innocents for her to do so.  Another possibility though was that it was a different pack altogether that had accomplished the same feat of using and wielding fire. That could be trouble indeed.

With those thoughts only solidifying the fact that she needed to be careful here they also meant she would need to try and learn more to try and find out exactly what she had, or might be, getting herself into here. She began focusing and working on scents once again, not the scents of plants this time but the scents of any individuals that she could pick up committing each one to memory. She needed more scents though, not just of individuals but of this place in general. Exploring though would need to be done carefully. She hadn't forgotten what the king had said about not wanting to reveal too much to a stranger. It was something she could well understand and knew that there could be serious, perhaps fatal consequences, if she went too far but..she still intended to find out as much as she could while she was here.

And she believed she had a way to begin. The king had brought her here himself to meet the healer but the healer wasn't here as yet so she could start by exploring the perimeter of the garden and if anyone came by she could tell them that she was looking for the healer which would essentially be true as that was what she had requested to begin with. Yes. That could work, it had before after all and on more than one occasion. Yes. That was where she would start. She stood up and began walking around the the outer border of the garden careful to remain close enough to it so as to not make anyone suspicious and so it would be in keeping with what she would tell any who came across her. It was a slow process but speeding it up might attract the wrong sort of attention and perhaps some unfriendly questions.

Eventually though it seemed like her careful meandering had gotten someone's attention as the scent of a male was growing increasingly stronger which indicated, or implied, that he was getting closer. Sure enough some time after she picked up the scent a large male feline came into view. "Hello". She greeted in her now well practiced friendly healer manner since being quiet and stoic would, at least in her experience with healers, likely seem odd and out of place which she didn't want. She wasn't sure whether to go ahead and give her explanation or to wait and see if he asked first. She didn't want to give the wrong impression by appearing to be anxious at his arrival so she opted to wait rather than volunteer her explanation.

Offline Savari (SutZ)

• Suterusu
  • Hero
  • I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute
    • My status
    • DA account
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Stationary Explorations (prp Sutz)
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 02:29:01 PM »
Cay had come from checking in on his mate. Time would tell how she would progress but in his heart he began to accept that things might not get better. The walks he took helped clear his mind and helped him feel as young as he felt when he had been a captain. Time had caught up with him a bit but he was still capable of defending his pride and family. These new lands they now lived on left much to be explored. The grey saber had not yet familiarized himself with it all. The human houses were the strangest to him. He had never liked the idea of humans and yet it now felt surrounded by their ‘possessions’. Over time though he hoped he would grow used to it and this land would start to feel like a home. As Cay walked he would take in the scents around him. He wanted to work his way back up in the ranks and the first start would be to know the land and that within like the back of his own paw. It gave him will power to get up and spend his day doing something constructive.

This walk of his would first take him to their healer. He was in need of something to help dull the pain of his mate as old discussions and observations had seen little recovery. The best thing they could all do was keep her comfortable and happy and pray to whatever higher power above that her condition would improve. Honestly Cay hated coming to this part of the land. The scents of the herbs annoyed his nose and made him feel disorientated. However, as he approached the garden another scent caught his nose. He was not familiar with who it was but he was familiar with what it was. He knew all species were welcome in their pride yet he still felt on alert when he saw or smelled a wolf. This one he has never scented before.

The closer Cay got the clearer the stranger became. It was a wolf. He observed his surroundings, looking for possible signs of an ambush. He would not progress closer until he deemed it safe enough. When he was sure the only scent around was her and that there was nothing waiting int eh area around them, he moved forward.

"Hello"

Her voice sounded gentle and not threatening but past experience had made him all too familiar with trickery such as this. However, he would not act until he was certain the wolf posed a threat to them.

“Good day, “ responded, ice blue eyes never leaving the creature in front of him. “I do not recognize you nor do I recognize your scent. If you are lost I will show you the way out, if you are intruding then let this be a warning for you to leave our lands,” He felt his old warrior blood surge through his veins. His muscles tensed slightly. Her responses would decide his actions.

Click for my Character Bin

Offline Ayliyra

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2017, 07:16:16 PM »
There had been a moment or two when the scent had seemed to stop neither gaining nor decreasing in strength which tended to be an indication of one stopping and she wondered briefly what he might have stopped for. She didn't recognize his scent so she didn't think he recognized hers and knew the truth of her past but she still didn't like it. She was careful to keep her posture relaxed though as shifting to anything else might cause an issue but despite the relaxed posture she was still ready for anything to happen..at least she hoped so. Eventually the scent returned to increasing in strength indicating that he was moving in her direction once again and so she had waited until she could see the grey spotted male and then given her greeting which was swiftly answered. The reply was something she had already expected to be a possible issue and so was ready to answer his concerns. "I arrived only today, as a visitor and occasional trader, I was brought here by King Nexys. He said I could study with your kingdom's healer in return for the herbs I brought". There that should cover well part of it now for the rest.

"I didn't want to accidentally disturb any of your healer's plants as I am unfamiliar with them and so figured it would be best if I waited for her outside of her garden". That should be it since she really was unfamiliar with the plants here and really didn't want to disturb something accidentally as that would only upset the healer which would in  turn likely upset others here in the pride which would make things rather difficult for her indeed. With the explanation completed there was just one last thing for her do. "I'm Lyra by the way, it is a pleasure to meet you". She gave a respectful, yet friendly, dip of her head in greeting as she said her name, or nickname rather as that was what it actually was, and then waited for his response.

Offline Savari (SutZ)

• Suterusu
  • Hero
    • My status
    • DA account
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 04:01:13 AM »
Cay watched the wolf carefully. There was no doubt in his mind that he could easily take her on if she turned aggressive but if there were other lying in wait, he might find himself at a disadvantage. The grey saber decided to trust his warrior instincts and at that moment they were telling him they were alone. The situation still left a feeling of unease in his stomach.

"I arrived only today, as a visitor and occasional trader, I was brought here by King Nexys. He said I could study with your kingdom's healer in return for the herbs I brought"

At the mention of his kings name Cay immediately felt more at ease. Nexys had spoken about traders coming to their lands. He also knew that Nexys, or any of the patrols, would have allowed an intruder to slip past their sights. He would keep his guard up but there was something in her voice that made him feel more at ease. It had been so long since he had spoken to someone other than his mate who even then could barely utter more than a few words. His heart hurt at the thought. He wished his cubs were here. They would be grown up now, but they had their mother's more adventurous spirit and left to find their own place in the world, as they had described it to him. Their presence would mean more help with the hunting and caring. Cay felt slightly guilty for having suspected the wolf of some sinister agenda.
"I didn't want to accidentally disturb any of your healer's plants as I am unfamiliar with them and so figured it would be best if I waited for her outside of her garden". Cay nodded at her words, "I'm Lyra by the way, it is a pleasure to meet you"

“Welcome to Stoneclaw Lyra. My name is Cay, old captain of the Denstrix clan that once controlled the warriors of our pride.” It had been years since he had last stood talking to a wolf, it felt unnatural but at the same time she made it seem normal, if that makes any sense. “I apologise. I first thought you were an intruder in our lands. You must understand that it is not often that wolves are seen around here.” Cay walked closer and began sniffing the surrounding herbs. Honestly he had no clue what was needed and how much he should take. Their healer was obviously not around and   he desperately needed to retrieve something to help ease his mate’s pain and fever.
“How long have you been visiting in Stoneclaw?”

Offline Ayliyra

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 11:44:24 AM »
She watched him nod at her words of not wanting to disturb anything and noticed he seemed to have relaxed a bit as well which was good, it was progress. She listened and smiled at his words of welcome and introduction taking note of the rank and title he had apparently once held as it would be a good thing to remember. Next he spoke of having initially been concerned about her being an intruder due to the scarcity of wolves in the area. It was interesting really, not because she found it impossible to imagine a wolf sneaking into a cat pride because she could imagine it but she couldn't imagine any who would sneak in and then just wait in one spot until they were found, it would be a ridiculous thing to do. Of course she wasn't about to tell Cay that she could imagine some of her fellow wolves being bold enough to sneak in as that could send the wrong message which she didn't want to do so instead, "Yes, I can imagine seeing wolves here is rare. My own kind would think it strange at my being here but then I probably have a different view on cats than most". She began before continuing in what was probably going to sound like the stupidest kind of thing ever but..despite being a bit uneasy herself about being here she really did like cats so...

"I was a very young pup when the volcano first erupted, there was ash everywhere. It burned my nose and eyes and trying to walk anywhere, not that there was anywhere to really walk to, only made it worse. My parents were busy trying to deal with the lack of prey and water and my smaller sibling who was having more trouble with the ash than I was and they just didn't have time to really..notice me. While they were out trying to find a healer for my sibling a small cat came by. He was very nice and he..he made the pain go away so my nose and eyes didn't burn any more. Then he showed me how to walk without stirring up the ash so much so it wouldn't make my nose and eyes start burning again. Oh and he made this really nice and..relaxing sound..he called it purring". Oh how she missed the purring sound, she'd fallen asleep briefly listening to his purring before Starfire had woken her up again. She sighed wistfully and then went on.."Of course when my parents returned he left but I haven't forgotten him". Of course there was no telling what Cay thought of her story especially since it was true except that her family was actually an adoptive family rather than birth family but she had enjoyed and fallen asleep listening to Gustave's purring until she'd been woken up.

Of course that hadn't been the only feline she'd met and as ridiculous as she probably sounded right now she felt that the other cats in her life deserved some recognition as well so.."When I was a bit older and the ash had gone I ran across another cat, a Saber. I was..rather reckless and naive I suppose to just go running up to him, a stranger much larger than myself when I didn't know if he would be kind and friendly but..I missed the small cat and his purring so..". She smiled sheepishly at the admission of how she had just gone running up to a strange Saber without thinking but there was more to the story so she continued. "Luckily he was friendly though a..a bit surprised at my..enthusiastic greeting. It was a nice time though..since I was older and could venture further from the den for longer my parents weren't as protective as they had been when the ash was around so I got to spend awhile laying in the sun talking to him and learning things". And well now that she had rambled on perhaps she could ask something but it was risky.

She wanted an answer and she hopped they were here but.."I was..I was wondering..I..I don't know that they would remember me or if they would want to see me again but..is there..any chance they might be here? The small cat's name was Gustave and the Saber's name was Coldsun..and a Cave lion named Volcano". She probably sounded like the most ridiculous thing ever a wolf missing and looking for cats to spend time with but she really wasn't like most wolves when it came to cats. She noticed him sniffing around then and something occurred to her. "Are you a healer? Do you know what the herbs here do?". Then the question that seemed to be a bit pointless but.."I only started trade with Stoneclaw today. I was recommended here by Ukoo". And that was all there was really as she couldn't really give names for the other packs she'd dealt with or individuals either and that was assuming individual trades even counted here.

Offline Savari (SutZ)

• Suterusu
  • Hero
    • My status
    • DA account
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 09:37:39 AM »
Cay had to admit. He had not spent much time around canines and had gone through life believing them to be some kind of villain or enemy. It was typical things such as that that got spread around in a lot of large cat families. Yet the wolf that stood before him was not like those that had such ‘terrible’ things about. He had heard of things such as trickery, betrayal and greed and yet this creature before appeared to be the opposite, and if Nexys had invited her into the lands then she was sure to be trusted.

The large, grey cat listened to the story politely. The talk of fire and burning made his heart pang as he thought back to the time of the fire of the old Stoneclaw land. It was from then on his mate had gotten ill. It started with a few wounds and then a fever. Some nights had been better and others worse. However, it seemed that whatever had overcome her was winning. Admittedly, the wolf’s story was interesting and he continued to hear her speak of the small cat she had come to respect and the saber she had befriended.

“I must admit, your level of interaction with the feline variety is almost impressive. I wish I could say I knew your friends. If they were once here they must have left long ago. Perhaps I will come across them one day and will share our meeting with them.”

Logic told him to turn and leave and yet having not spoken to others lately, Cay found himself welcoming the conversation.

“Me? A healer? Hah! That is incorrect. I know little of what these plants do. I came hoping to find our own healer in hopes of bringing some back to my den for my mate.”

“As mentioned before, my name is Cay. I used to be captain on the clan Denstrix, the warriors, before the restructuring and moving to new lands. After the great fire, my mate Erurru fell ill and instead of recovering she only got worse as time went on. After things changed in the pride, I took time off to care for. You know, do things such as hunt, bring her water etc.
” There was not much to the old warrior. He led no exciting life and the most exciting parts of his life had been his captaincy days and the days of his cubs. Other than that…he was quite a boring, old grey cat.

“I may not be able to help you with the herbs but I can offer a tour of our lands. It is the least I can do to someone granted access by our own king.”

((I apologise for my short replies Dx I will try and make the next posts longer!))
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:38:45 AM by SutZ »

Offline Ayliyra

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2017, 06:12:35 AM »
It was a strange combination of disappointment and relief when he said they weren't here. Disappointment because she did miss them all and had been searching for them almost since the instant she was exiled and yet there was also the relief that they would not be able to endanger her or themselves by giving her away as a former, now exiled, Nardirian. It was a difficult mixture to cope with so she simply nodded to his statement allowing the disappointment she felt to show which wasn't hard given the extent of it. She didn't know where to look for them now except in the neutrals or..she seemed to recall Starfire mentioning Coldsun leaving the Straits so perhaps the others had left as well perhaps she too should venture from the Straits and see if she could locate them that way. Of course she would conduct as thorough as search within the Straits as she could first before she undertook such a lengthy endeavor.

She listened to his correction about not being a healer and the repetition of his name and former rank and briefly wondered if she had offended him but his mentioning of the great fire and his ill mate caught her attention instead and she focused on those things and logged them away as important things. The invitation he offered though was equally important. A tour of the land would be good as it would allow her to learn more which she did want but she didn't want to sound too eager especially under the circumstances. "Ah..I'm sorry. As a wanderer and especially a wandering trader you learn to pick up things from whomever you can, the herb I brought here I learned of from a warrior rather than a healer so I thought you might have some ideas about the herbs here". There that was addressed. Now for the more important things.

"And I'm sorry to hear about your mate. King Nexy's told me there had been a terrible fire here caused by a storm but he didn't mention that anyone was still suffering the effects of it". And now for the even more tricky part. "I know I'm not familiar with the herbs here but..a wanderer doesn't always have the luxury of having herbs to work with so..if you and your mate wouldn't mind..perhaps I could look in on her and see if there is anything I can do to help? and you could give me a tour on the way. If that is okay with you?". And there she'd said it. She had no idea how he would take her offer to help though but just in case since she didn't want him to feel awkward if he wasn't okay with her trying to help his mate...

"A tour would be nice regardless of your accepting my offer and I thank you for the invitation and I would be honored to have you give me a tour if it won't keep you away from your mate for too long". And there invitation accepted but done so that the situation with his mate was taken into account, she didn't want to seem heartless after all and since she knew all too well the toll that fire and ash could take on ones health having witnessed it firsthand with her adoptive father Storm, she was genuinely worried about Cay's mate and hoped she would be able to pull through and recover.

((it's alright  no worries))

Offline Rieal [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when able]

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
  • Liked: 175
  • Likes Given: 492
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 10:46:10 PM »
small nudge
might disappear

~The raven strikes at midnight~

*Servicemen don't make MISTAKES, they make DECISIONS.*

±Credit cards aren't money..just wishful thinking±

If you want to understand me go Here and Here and also Here
My Charries

I survived the Snowflake
Christmas Name Change 2010

Offline Savari (SutZ)

• Suterusu
  • Hero
    • My status
    • DA account
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2017, 05:30:44 AM »
The disappointment was clear on her face. It was a shot in the dark but unfortunately it had missed. He had never met the felines before nor had he seen them around the pride. However, Cay understood how she felt. He would have been joyed to see his children again. It had been a long time since they had left Stoneclaw and he could imagine thinking he was so close to them only to be shot down with disappointment. Perhaps their paths would meet one day. In any case he found it quite interesting that a wolf had spent so much time around other felines. At long last Cay felt at ease around the visitor. He relaxed his body. If she did decide to be a threat he would handle it.

"I believe it would have been good for me to learn of the herbs. Perhaps I will speak to our healer about that sometime soon." The last feline to teach him about plants had been his mate. She had taught him the flowers and all their meanings and uses. It was one of these flowers he presented to Erurru as a proposal to be his mate. She had gladly accepted. That had been a long time ago. They were both younger, now she could barely recognise him she was so delusional. Lyra's words pulled him out of his memory. "She had fallen ill before the fire but the rush, smoke and ash did little to aid her recovery. She has now gotten to the point where, for most of the day, she does not even recognise me." Cay sighed, he had moved her into their new lands. Upon crossing the border, she decided that was as far as she wanted to come and refused to go any further. She was a big saber and not even force could get her to move. Most days she seemed to weak to hunt or even drink water, other days seemed hopeful as she got up and moved around.

"I would appreciate it greatly if you could have a look at her. Our own healer does not know what is wrong, perhaps a different opinion is needed. She is a sleep at this time of the day, normally. Perhaps I could show you around first and then take you to her?" If she agreed he would start by walking her to the dens. She would have to stay close to not draw any unwanted attention from others wandering about. Wolves were now allowed acceptance into the pride but it was still a rare sight to see one there. They would arrive first at the tree houses, "These were built by humans who lived here before we moved in. We use them as dens mostly. There are bridges that connect them allowing movement from den to den. Personally I prefer to remain on the ground." he would lift his head up while talking about the dens. They were still too strange for his taste. Next he would take her to the lake close by. "This is Croc Teeth Lake. This lake was crocodile infested when we first arrived. Once ridding the water of them our King deemed it safe enough for us to use as a water source safely. You can still find crocodile teeth lying around. Many collect them. If you want you can take a few back with you, a souvenir   if you like."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 05:32:48 AM by SutZ »

Offline Ayliyra

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 12:18:05 AM »
She watched as he seemed to grow more relaxed and gave a gentle smile, his relaxing was a good sign as it meant he believed, or was believing, her story, not that she was exactly lying but well..she was coloring the facts a bit to try and protect herself and..everyone else. She allowed herself to relax a bit more as well as she didn't want to cause any back tracking on his trusting of her as that could cause more trouble than she wanted to have to figure out how to deal with. Not that she was incapable of diplomacy and politics but she was no more an expert at them than she was expert healer, no, she simply knew enough to get by..at least so far anyway. She nodded agreement to his statement that it would have been good for him to learn herbs and mentioned speaking to their healer about learning them. "It certainly couldn't hurt to do so". She said nodding in agreement with him again because healer knowledge was always useful and yet always seemed to be hard to come by.

She then listened as he elaborated a bit more on his mates condition and how it had apparently actually begun before the fire but had gotten worse afterwards. That was definitely going to make things interesting especially where memory was concerned but she had dealt with memory loss, albeit temporarily, before and on a more personal level so she wasn't entirely without knowledge on things that might help with that but it would still likely be limited and she wasn't sure if any of what she knew would help. She supposed she would just have to wait and see though. "Yes please". She said in answer to his question about a tour first and then a visit so she could check on his mate whom he said was usually asleep at  this time.

She had plenty to think on but the instant he began walking she followed after remaining close enough to him so that others knew she was with him as she was just a guest after all but she kept enough distance so as to not crowd him either. Their first stop was a very stunning one with large things in trees that seemed to be both part of the trees yet not part of them. Cay said they'd been built by humans and that the pride used them as dens. Her mind was speeding along trying to do so many things at once now, appreciate the marvel resting above her head,while trying to access potential threats along with potential uses and also trying to formulate a reply. She probably looked like an idiot standing there looking  up with her mouth slightly open in amazement but in the back of her mind was the thought that such a genuine reaction would make it even less likely that she would be suspected of anything.

"I've heard of humans before and stories about their ability to make things but..I never thought..never imagined..anything..like this". She finally managed to say as her mind got over the shock and also started coming up with questions. "How did they manage to get them up there do you suppose? Did they leave anything else here?". After all if there was something she could use, the king had made a very valid point when he said healing could be very difficult if she was always having to hold and carry things in her mouth, it limited what she could do and how fast she could do it in. She didn't want to seem too nosy though so she wouldn't push too much for information and when he began to move on again she would follow again.

Their new destination was a lake. He introduced it as being called Croc Teeth Lake an interesting choice but as he said it had been infested with crocodiles perhaps an apt one. He then went on to explain that the lake had been rid of the crocodiles but their teeth could still be found in the area. He even offered her to keep a few back as a souvenir, an interesting idea and one she wouldn't mind taking him up on but.."Thank you, that's a very kind offer and I would like to accept it but I don't really have any way of keeping and carrying them at present. King Nexys said he might have a healers pouch crafted for me though by his son. I don't know if for sure though if he will, but if I do get a pouch I would love to come back here and collect some teeth". Of course there then there was the other thing.."How do you know all of the crocodiles are gone though? If they have to live in water or near it..it sounds like it would be awfully difficult to just..chase them away unless there was somewhere else for them to go".

Hopefully he wouldn't be upset by that but well..she knew about alligators and crocodiles, she'd hunted them when she was living in the marshes and knew how much fight just a little one could put up let alone a large one that was full grown. It was definitely something to find out more about if she could.Of course just as before she wouldn't push too much and once he moved on she would accompany him to wherever he went next.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 12:23:27 AM by Ayliyra »

Offline Rieal [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when able]

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
  • Liked: 175
  • Likes Given: 492
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 09:18:46 PM »
((so..are we gonna try and finish this on here or shall we move it to the new forum?))
might disappear

~The raven strikes at midnight~

*Servicemen don't make MISTAKES, they make DECISIONS.*

±Credit cards aren't money..just wishful thinking±

If you want to understand me go Here and Here and also Here
My Charries

I survived the Snowflake
Christmas Name Change 2010