Author Topic: Family Reunion (Kimster, Adolph, Puffin)  (Read 599 times)

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
  • Liked: 154
  • Likes Given: 38
Family Reunion (Kimster, Adolph, Puffin)
« on: July 08, 2017, 02:50:14 PM »
OOC: Here's Part 1 of two threads where Raka is reintroduced to her family. This is the Immediate Family thread so pup players, keep an eye out for your cue. Kimster and I will probably had a slight back-and-forth between Byakko, Raka, Akutan, and Sarajevo and when we're ready for the pups, I'll let you know. At least bookmark the thread so you can keep an eye on it.

Byakko led Raka towards the densite. He hoped the kids were home. Sara needed to reconnect with her mother and he needed to know if Akutan truly buried the hatchet. The falling-out between him and his aunt was indeed his lashing out at the time and also because Starfire stood up for him against Raka. It was a blurry mess in Byakko's mind anymore and he no longer tried recalling the specific details. Every once in a while, the oldster would smile at his now-returned mate and nuzzle her. The old Raka would probably scowl at him for being so lovey-dovey but even if she did now, he wouldn't care. He still couldn't believe his luck or his eyes. He had long resigned himself to the idea of dying alone with only his children, Akutan included, to bear witness.

But now that she was back, he could finally say he was going to grow old...older...with her. Perhaps X's bad luck wasn't as strong in the family as he originally thought. He paused when he came near the family densite. As luck would have it, Akutan was perched on the family boulder, head on paws, looking deep in thought. No doubt about Kyra, his new ladylove. Sara was lying next to the mouth of the den, which meant the pups were napping. Excellent timing from all involved parties. "Do you want me to go first and let them know or do you want to come in with me?" Byakko asked his mate. However she wanted to proceed would be met with no opposition from him. He just waited for her to reply.
Character Bin
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Hail the Roman Empire. Hail the Guy. Roman Reigns fan for life.

Offline Kimster

• Hero
  • back with a bang
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Family Reunion (Kimster, Adolph, Puffin)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 08:38:03 PM »
(Should I bring Shimmah in as well? Or will we do that family meet up at later stage?)

To say Raka was nervous would be an understatement. Not that you could tell from her expression or body language. Habits of years didn't die easily and the silver-eyed female looked quietly threatening and intimidating... a look completely marred everytime Byakko smiled and nuzzled her. Raka scowled slightly at him but the small smile crinkling the corners of her maw said that she enjoyed it. A lot. She even was so bold as to nuzzle back once in a while. And breathe his scent in deep. The last thing she wanted was to forget him - him, her love, her heart - B-..oh no. There it went. Like a fish in water she forgot his name. Her heart beating she scrambled at her memories, luckily she still remembered them, and him, and a few other scenes.

Why the name? Moons this is embarrassing! Oh well, she was sure someone would mention it, and then she'll remember again. Maybe with repetition it's something that will stick. He nuzzled her again and she couldn't help a snort of laughter escaping her. It made her feel like a giddy teenager.

And then they were there. She could smell two others and the sweet aroma of pups. She halted and her expression shut down, only those who're really keen of sight would notice the stiffness in her shoulders and ears as stress. On a rock, perched like some warrior of old, was a young male wolf with a black pelt and lightning marks on his cheek. A small, white pelted female lay in front of the den. Raka took a moment to stare at them. There was a tug in her mind that she knew them, but that was all. She tried sniffing them but the wind was from behind. Drat it. Swallowing, she answered:

"I'll go with you..my love." nice cover up! She could always say that when she didn't remember his name.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 12:38:04 PM »
(Let's leave her for the next thread. That's when I'm planning on bringing Ticon in.)

"I'll go with you..my love." Raka replied. Byakko gave her a quick lick of reassurance and led the way. As he approached, he saw Akutan and Sara both look over and both stood up, though Akutan remained on the boulder. "Sara...Akutan...look who's come home to us." Byakko said before stepping aside to let Raka come stand with him. Sara broke into tears but her tail was wagging and she had a smile on her face. "Mommy..." she rasped, taking a few cautious steps forward. It was easy to see she was a bit unsure of Raka's current condition and didn't want to throw herself at her. But still, in this moment, she was a puppy again, just overjoyed to see her mother and her own pups forgotten at the moment.

Akutan, by contrast, slid off the boulder and shifted closer to Sara, almost as if afraid. True, the circumstances from before Raka lost her memory were pretty much a nonissue but that didn't stop him from feeling just a touch apprehensive. He looked almost cowed, which was unlike him, truth be told. His face was neutral but his ears were lowered in deference and he, too, looked a bit unsure about what was coming next. Byakko chuckled. "Relax, my son. She's not going to bite." he assured him. Akutan met Sara's eyes but she just smiled at him before leaning her face to his ruff as a sign that it was going to be fine. He took strength from that and straightened up a bit. "Of course...Welcome home, Aunt Raka." he said.
Character Bin

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Offline Kimster

• Hero
  • back with a bang
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 07:38:27 PM »
As they approached, the black male and the white female stood up. Something about the way the black male stood and scowled again tugged at Raka's memory. Her heart beat faster - perhaps this had been a good idea, perhaps she would remember more!

"Sara...Akutan...look who's come home to us."  Oh, who was who? A slightly panicked look entered her eyes as she watched the two. The white female wagged her tail and began to cry, the black male went to stand next to her and looked apprehensive. But it was when the little female rasped "Mommy..." that it happened. Like a flower unfolding in spring, images flashed across her mind. Of little Sara and Byakko, of Sara and Akutan, of Sara and a wolf that looked a lot like Byakko, of Sara growing up, becoming a healer, giving a blue pelted wolf with lightning marks all over his body medicine for damaged lungs. Raka smiled and had to blink against the tears. "Relax, my son. She's not going to bite." Raka gave a mock growl, reminding him that yes, indeed, she just might. Her happy smile totally ruined the effect, of course. Sara leaned into Akutan who seemed to take strength from it and replied: "Of course...Welcome home, Aunt Raka."

She stepped forward quickly and dragged her daughter into a tight hug.

"Sara, my little Sara - how could I have forgotten?" She murmered, inhaling her scent deeply: "I remember you were so little when you were born and now look at you. You're grown, and beautiful, and mated. Are you happy? I am so sorry I missed this." of course she knew it was hardly her fault, when she had first lost her memories it had made her too aggressive and on edge, and at that time she was lucky if she got the barest hint of an image to connect her to someone. But as a mother she could not forgive herself for leaving, not even for the best of reasons.

Being close enough to the black male she smelled him too. His memories didn't come back as strong. Looking at the singular lightning mark on his cheek, she remembered a Beta, and that Aku was his son. A scowly, grumpy wolf but fair and stern as leader. And despite his nature and flaws everyone had loved him.

"You were..Storm's son?" she asked, hesitating over the name. She frowned and stared intensely at him. This time, feelings more than images grew, and she waited for him to answer, hoping something more concrete would come through.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2017, 08:18:49 PM »
It was as if a light went on in the black she-wolf's head. Sara smiled hugely as her mother embraced her tightly. Akutan put a respectful distance between them, allowing the females to reconnect. His heart panged with longing, memories of his own mother filtering through his mind. Byakko stood by him and nudged him a bit, understanding his private sorrow. "Sara, my little Sara - how could I have forgotten? I remember you were so little when you were born and now look at you. You're grown, and beautiful, and mated. Are you happy? I am so sorry I missed this." Raka said.

"It's okay, Mom. I'm very happy. Buckshot has been good to me, my pups are all healthy, and you've finally come home. I know my sisters would also have been happy to see you if they were here. Still, my life is complete." Sara replied. Raka then looked at Akutan who just looked back with a neutral expression. "You were..Storm's son?" she asked. "Yes. He and my mother, Starfire, both died a long time ago. I can't remember if it was before or after you left but they're still with me as long as the wind blows. It's been hard but I think...I've gotten stronger." Akutan said. He looked at Byakko, who just nodded.

"I don't know if you remember or not but I want to say I'm sorry about a lot of things. I was an angry kid when you left. I'm still an angry kid but I'm better now. I think things are finally looking up for me. I just have to keep at it and I do want to start over with you, Aunt Raka." he said. The young male didn't move from his position but the way he looked at his long lost aunt was something akin to a pup who wanted the comfort of a mom. Byakko himself was pretty surprised at what he saw from his son. It wasn't often that Akutan showed vulnerability. It was actually quite special to witness, even if Raka couldn't remember much from that time.
Character Bin

Offline Kimster

• Hero
  • back with a bang
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 02:23:54 AM »
"It's okay, Mom. I'm very happy. Buckshot has been good to me, my pups are all healthy, and you've finally come home. I know my sisters would also have been happy to see you if they were here. Still, my life is complete." Vague images of other daughters came bubbling up, but perhaps because they weren't there to smell it didn't make quite such an impact.

"Then I'm happy." she replied and looked down at her daughter, her expression soft and warm. Her expression turned wary as Akutan started speaking:

"Yes. He and my mother, Starfire, both died a long time ago. I can't remember if it was before or after you left but they're still with me as long as the wind blows. It's been hard but I think...I've gotten stronger. I don't know if you remember or not but I want to say I'm sorry about a lot of things. I was an angry kid when you left. I'm still an angry kid but I'm better now. I think things are finally looking up for me. I just have to keep at it and I do want to start over with you, Aunt Raka."

For a brief moment, Raka just stared at him, digesting what he said. Honestly the only thing she could remember was a vague impression that they'd had a fight. She couldn't even remember that his parents had died, and had no idea who this Starfire was they were talking about. She hoped that she'd at least not make a gaff and speak about his parents as though they were alive...unfortunately, there's no guarantee. She walked towards Aku and looked down at him, seeing a vulnerability there and someone who wanted comfort.

"I can't remember what our difference was, and much as I appreciate your apology it isn't necessary. Let's view it as something that's past. I will most probably forget it completely in a matter of minutes," she added the last with a melancholy, it was getting better, but everything was fleeting, "I do remember that you'd vowed to take care of my Sara, and I see you've been true to your word. Thank you. So, as you say, let's start over." She was just glad that she could remember bits of this pup standing before her, and was happy that she had a family again. She nuzzled Aku's neck and gave his cheek a motherly lick, adding a small smile to it.

(Uhh, is Aku taller than she is?)

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 10:03:11 AM »
(I'd have to check their profiles. I don't know off the top of my head. I think Akutan is around the average height for a Fringe Dire because he's just one generation away from when the family was pure Fringe so it hasn't weakened terribly yet.)

"I can't remember what our difference was, and much as I appreciate your apology it isn't necessary. Let's view it as something that's past. I will most probably forget it completely in a matter of minutes. I do remember that you'd vowed to take care of my Sara, and I see you've been true to your word. Thank you. So, as you say, let's start over." Raka agreed. She nuzzled his neck and gave him a motherly lick on the cheek. Akutan let a small smile cross his maw as he closed her pale greens. He felt Sara lean into his side and he looked down at her. "I'm proud of you, Aku." she said.

She heard some squeaking from her den and she grinned hugely. "Sounds like they're awake. Kids! Come out! There's someone here I want you to meet!" she called. The pride in her voice was apparent. It didn't take long for a heterochromatic set of eyes framed by brown fur and white hair to pop out of the den. Rapture tilted her head curiously at seeing the strange black she-wolf standing next to her grandpa. "Come now. Don't be shy." Sara cooed encouragingly. Always the adventurous one, Rapture looked back at her brother and sister still in the den before stepping out. Her black legs carried her right up to Raka, her nose shifting rapidly as she started to sniff her. She smelled like Momma. "Are you Grandma?" she asked.

(PUPS, come on in!)
Character Bin

Offline Aeneas

• Can I deliver in sound
  • Nardir
  • Initiate
  • the weight of the ground
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 12:19:22 PM »
"Kids! Come out! There's someone here I want you to meet!"

Aeneas raised his head, alert and on edge. There was a voice outside that he didn't recognize, mingling with those of his family. He watched with apprehension as Rapture made her way to the den entrance and poked her head out, but he was too far away to see what she saw. Encased in only dim light, the outside sunlight was blinding to his young eyes.

"Come now. Don't be shy."

Rapture twisted her head around to look back inside the den, and Aeneas met her gaze before she turned back to the daylight and stepped out from the den. With a competitive grumble, Aeneas scrambled to his feet and marched to the entrance, poking his head out curiously. He watched as Rapture approach a black-coated stranger, and sniff her up and down.

"Are you Grandma?"

Grandma? Mother's mother? Aeneas squinted. Mother was all white, and this wolf was all black. They didn't look anything alike. Tentatively, he stepped out into the daylight himself, and took slow steps forward until he was right behind Rapture. "Hi," he greeted nervously.
there's a history through her,
sent to us as a gift from the future
to show us the proof;
more than that, it's to dare us to move
and to open our eyes
and to learn from the sky
from a cemetery
in the center of queens.

profile . played by puffin

Offline Pawprint/Adolph

• Master
  • 10% Sweet Tea
    • DA Website
  • Liked: 39
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 08:05:56 PM »
Beatrice's squeaking was coming along so well, in her little mind.  She was going almost as fast as big sister Rapture when she spoke to them.  It was too bad neither of her siblings could speak squeak: she wanted them to understand the story of when she met the giant wolf that was big like Grampa but was brown and black.  He was a monster!  He saved her from a smaller and meaner monster!  She was so scared, but she survived!

At the sound of mommy's voice, the little squeakerbox followed A-A and Rap...to meet someone?  Was it the giant wolf that saved her?  He could tell them her story!  Instead, a tall black wolf was there next to Grampa.  Who was she?  Rap walked right up to this wolf.  Beatrice stepped back nervously.  The black wolf looked...rough.  Like danger.  She squeaked a few times to get her mom's attention.  She wanted mommy to protect them!

"Are you Grandma?"

That word sounded familiar.  She remembered something like that her first time outside the den.  She wasn't really paying attention then.  Beatrice shook her body, still nervous.  She tugged A-A's fur and squeaked for her mom and sister 'to come back here now,please.'

Characters

Adolph: Nardir Retiree
Navand: Maroon Cheetah
Buckshot: Nardir Groundskeeper
Moonachie: Cave Bear Lady (Inaria Hoverer)

New Profiles Needed
"You" ...she has no name
Moonachie: Cave Bear
Pawprint: Dog (Pupsaver)
Swifter: Adolph's bird

Offline Kimster

• Hero
  • back with a bang
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2017, 09:17:36 PM »
"Sounds like they're awake. Kids! Come out! There's someone here I want you to meet!" Sara called out. Raka blinked - so quickly? She was trusted this quickly? Well is her grandkids? For a brief moment she stiffened in surprise, anxiously wondering if they'll like her and how on earth she will ever remember them...but then they started coming. Raka's intimidating exterior fell away like a curtain off a rail. Her face softened and a real smile graced her face, making her truly beautiful.

Slowly she lay down on her stomach and just watched as the pups came: first a brown furred, white haired pup with two different coloured eyes came. Boldly this one came forward, her little nose wiggling as she sniffed.

"Are you Grandma?"  Raka chuckled - so well enunciated, and brave!

"Yes, Brave One - I'm Grandma Raka." Her silvered orbs flicked to the male pup that had come to stand behind the first: a handsome fellow indeed.

"Hi,"

"Hello, Handsome One. " and then her ears were barraged by squeaks. A confident little girl emerged, squeaking decisively and tugging at the male pup's tail bossily. Raka laughed and said: "Well, good morning to you to, Chatterbox. I'm Grandma Raka. What's your names?"

Because they were so close she could easily smell them, and she drank in that smell, chanting in her mind to remember to remember to remember them. Two girls, one boy. One brave, one cautious, one bossy. She could smell Sara on them, and of a male she didn't recognise, probably the father. Her gaze flicked up towards Sara, Aku and Byakko, her eyes dancing with joy.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 12:53:41 PM »
Rapture wagged her tail hard as the black she-wolf affirmed she was Grandma. She turned her heterochomatic gaze to Byakko. "Are you happy, Grandpa?" she asked. "Indeed, little one." Byakko replied. Sara set a paw on her eldest's back and wrapped her tail around her other two. "Introduce yourself." she said. "I'm Rapture." the young pup said, her tail still wagging. She grinned at her brother and sister. She kind of wished Bea would stop being such a wuss but it was what it was.

"She's the oldest of the three." Akutan ventured, which lead to his young cousin smiling at him brightly. "And Aku-Aku is my favorite wolf aside from Momma and Daddy." she said before heading over and rubbing her head against his leg. Sara and Byakko chuckled. "And she's been taken with him since her eyes opened. Reminds me of a certain other she-wolf in the family." Byakko said, nudging his daughter. Sara just shrugged as she smiled.

Character Bin

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
(*prod* Your turn, Puffin)
Character Bin