Author Topic: Red Right Hand [PRP Azuhel]  (Read 355 times)

Offline Shatter!

• Give us your daughters, bring us your sons
  • Alteron
  • Apprentice
  • We've graves to fill and a slaughterhouse to run.
  • Liked: 44
  • Likes Given: 8
Red Right Hand [PRP Azuhel]
« on: July 08, 2017, 12:50:40 PM »
OOC: takes place before the kids are born and the war

When Shatter was not convalescing in her den under the watchful eye of her guardian, she tried to scrape together some semblance of normalcy in her routine, though, at times, it felt as if she was performing certain actions without effect, just going through the motions. On this day she managed to escape Antaeus's vigilance long enough to do some wandering -- an endeavor she began to regret as the clutch of children gestating inside of her voiced their complaints.

Shatter growled -- something she would certainly feel self-conscious for, seeing as her children did not exactly have ears to listen, but the posture somehow helped reinforce whatever tenuous authority she had over her deteriorating body, at least in her own mind. Shatter twisted for her belly, viciously gnawing at the offending protrusion; not enough to pierce the surface, draw blood, or otherwise inflict any real damage, but she liked to believe that somehow, the squirming mass of zygotes would have received the message.

Yeah. Take that.

Silence again. The itching in her teeth and bones was unbearable, and now it was spreading to her tissue and organs. This was the closest she ever felt to a corpse -- squirming with parasites and maggots that infected every inch of her. Shatter's legs and ankles protested with every step she took. She felt each snap, crackle, and pop as her paws tread over the forest undergrowth, crushing minuscule bones and twigs. The path to the Dragon's lair felt especially perilous and laden with hardship. By the time she reached the entrance to Azuhel's den -- the dilapidated human ruin that they called the Cathedral, repurposed as the Dragon's palace -- she had already resolved never to attempt a journey of this nature ever again, at least not while she was in this... condition.

Azuhel, in her avarice, encroached upon Alteron's dominion through such pittances: claiming quarters for a queen, appointing a puppet king that she had handpicked. Gestures that escaped Anya's notice while Azuhel rearranged her chesspieces in the background.

Shatter had no problem being her bishop.

"DRAGON," Shatter said. Azuhel was the magnanimous sort; by now she would have learned this was the closest she could manage to a warm greeting. After all, they were familiar with one another. "I AM AT YOUR DISPOSAL."

(Silently, Shatter hoped that Azuhel would offer her a seat. She was very tired of standing and needed the reprieve, but she would not yet dispense with formality. She was, after all, a guest in Azuhel's home.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:09:31 AM by Azuhel »

Lay down your bodies
Leave us your souls
Trade us your hardened hearts
for sulfur, death and smoke

Follow your master’s lead
Yeah, he’s so hungry
He’s got a beast to feed
Yeah, it’s so hungry

[ #FF7E00 ] | played by Sunblink.
   » tracker

Offline Azuhel

• The Red Dragon
  • Leader
  • Master
  • this city never sleeps at night
    • Deviantart Page
  • Liked: 469
  • Likes Given: 93
Re: Red Right Hand [PRP Azuhel]
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 01:36:19 AM »
There’s a screech within the confines of the cathedral. Not from Azuhel, goodness no, but from the cluster of taunting crows nearby, pecking and savaging disrespecting the remains of some chest-open boar the Dragon had gorged herself on earlier. To say she was bothered by the frantic flapping wings and bird-like displays of violent dominance would have been an overstatement. She found their… play amusing and their presence an overall joy. The deal she had formed with a select few had spread among the rest and displaying an intellect Azuhel wouldn’t have thought them capable of employing they had formed and respected the bond. So, in turn, Azuhel made sure to respect them, especially her familiar.

Yet, her attention is drawn from their antics and toward the doorway as another crow—one hopping along and introspecting the stone walls—stops to scream at her. To say the crows react well to Shatter’s presence is… well, an understatement. They flap their wings in sudden apprehension and take off to all corners of the space with their song of… loathing, it’s loathing.

Interesting… The belle exclaims, but her tone is somewhat distracted. She has a lot on her mind, that much is clear, and a great deal to speak with her… officer about. It’s displayed in the twitch of her tail and the idle snap of her jaw, this irritation, but her gaze is clear-absent of the twisting storms of aggression and overall rage. No, instead, she’s observant, curious… eager.

And naturally, her agonies, her hunger, it’s always presence.

Shatter, Azuhel whispers, her tone a rolling curl, a purr, a coo to come closer. Though the other female seems incapable of providing her the affection she wanted to exchange, Azuhel is in no way disappointed. She comes when called, and that is what actually matters. Closer, love, closer.

She is not unaware of Shatter’s state and with a slightly shuffle Azuhel would roll somewhat over to grasp the pelt of a bear among her throne of many furs. She’ll take the plush skin and tug it from behind her, only to toss it before her in a clear action of assignment. Yes, Azuhel would like Shatter nice and close, like a dog before her throne, a precious pet, a treasure.

She wants to look upon her, with soft smile and that mischievous glint in her gaze. She wants to be able to draw a paw down along her spine---should she sit right before her—and brush her tail across coarse fur. She wants to remember that, though Shatter chose her son, Azuhel still owned her.

And, naturally, she wants Shatter to be aware of that fact as well.

Our empire has become host to the licentious. She’ll start off their conversation lightly, serve Shatter a nice warm body of… niggling thoughts, Your support in this trying time is very appreciated.

And non-negotiable.

Your service to your country-men is greatly appreciated as well, of course. Here her tone, all southern comforts, drops a tad lower, But there is still more for you to do.

A pause then, before she continues—

You see, I reckon a select few may grow… discontented with the change I seek. ‘N while I am merciful, I am not one of the foolish and naïve. She licked her chops for a bit before bobbing her head, We’ll have to increase our march, to ease the doubts of those who lack the belief needed to move forward. We mustn’t let our children grow in a realm, smothered by the belief that the absent deserve to rule.

Shatter would know all too well of what she spoke, of the noose she tightened around the ideal of her… once fiercely claimed ‘son’, that small faltering white lily, It’s time to hang certain ideals and free ourselves from a lack of acknowledgment, don’t you agree? I need your teeth and claw, but I also need your mind and capability.

If she managed to keep her paw upon Shatter—if the female had done as she’d silently bid—Azuhel would tighten her spread digits, digging claw into fur, seeking flesh as she licked her lips in maddened fascination. I need you. I need you.

Just as she needed Incubus. Just as she needed Zasha. Just as she needed so many others. But what she really needed, what she specifically needed—

You will do something for me. You will pledge everything that you are.

A deep breath, something nearly manic and shaken.

You will lead for me, my operation of hungry soldiers.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 01:36:51 AM by Azuhel »

CC6666

Offline Shatter!

• Alteron
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:21:45 PM »
Azuhel enfolded herself in a wreath of fine furs and crow wings; a den suited for royalty. Shatter shot a warning glance at the flock of watchful eyes that congregated in the cathedral's rafters, chest rumbling in a growl that would never shift into violence -- she knew better than to turn on Azuhel's messengers, and though she was a weapon, she was also very deliberate and serpentine in her methods, demuring to her superiors when necessary and lashing out when she would escape the consequences. Two-faced, yes. Insufferable, yes. It had served her unexpectedly well when the results scarcely mattered to her.

Though she had not actively sought out companionship, Shatter had somehow slithered into the Dragon's good graces. Azuhel was, in a sense, easy to understand, and Shatter could relate to her motivations. She was at least not confusing-- her plans were labyrinthine in complexity but every thread of that long-spanning web could be traced back to one singular need. Anya, Gideon, and Lemieux were mere flies writhing in her clutches.

If Shatter herself had been entrapped as well, then she would be a hornet instead of a housefly.

Shatter gratefully lumbered over to the bear pelt upon Azuhel's salacious invitation, practically collapsing onto her hindquarters. Perhaps the ground quaked as she did so. "THANK YOU," said Shatter primly. She would not reveal such, but her paws ached terribly. Azuhel stole closer, fur brushing against fur in a static caress. No twitch or scowl betrayed Shatter's thoughts; in reality, what brewed beneath her stony countenance was indifference.

As Azuhel thought, Shatter was indeed incapable of reciprocating her affection, but for Azuhel was reserved a tolerance that no one else had been granted. She had her warm body to snuggle and no resistance; perhaps from that, Azuhel could glean whatever she wanted. Azuhel leaned against Shatter's hard and unyielding frame, prattling about the future. Praise for her service towards the empire, and the hard work she had achieved -- and talk of rewards.

To drive out the remnants of Anya's regime, Azuhel needed her personal inquisition. In spite of her lack of ambition, Shatter knew that refusal was not an option. This was conscription disguised as a proposal. "IT WOULD BE MY PLEASURE, DRAGON. YOU HONOR ME WITH YOUR TRUST," she said graciously.

But of course, if Shatter was being drafted, she wanted to understand the nuances of the role that she had been thrust into. "THESE SOLDIERS..." Shatter clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth thoughtfully. "WHAT WILL THEY BE CALLED? WHAT WILL WE DO?"

Lay down your bodies
Leave us your souls

Yeah, he’s so hungry
He’s got a beast to feed
Yeah, it’s so hungry

» tracker

Offline Azuhel

• The Red Dragon
  • Leader
  • Master
    • Deviantart Page
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 12:43:55 AM »
Azuhel was fascinated, not by Shatter’s warmth, girth, and pelt—though some portion of her did covet the plump woman and the pups she held within her—but by the indifferent compliance she oozed and the calm demeanor that was forever a portion of Shatter’s being. Was the fire-female aware of Shatter’s constant static appraisal? Did she truly understand her apathy? Azuhel was too much brimstone, to full of things and feelings vivid and sharp to attempt to acknowledge Shatter’s chill, but she would blaze brightly for the both of them—and, indeed, Azuhel considered herself a hunger inferno in comparison to a great deal of those she claimed as her friends—so Shatter could be as collected and indifferent as she wanted.

The Dragon treasured her tolerance, just as much as she would have treasured her worship, had Shatter been capable of such.

Your duty is two-fold.

For she had grand ideals and had need of a trusted council, but first—

When this empire was young, pathetic and barely functioning, we were a council of five. Do you remember this? Azuhel isn’t sure if Shatter was around at such a time, yet the ‘council’ itself was irrelevant, she only wished to provide the appropriate context. Slowly, as those without the will gave up, that dwindled down to three.

Azuhel paused to chuckle, something somewhat malicious as phantom memories threatened to consume her consciousness, An unfortunate circumstance befell the third and then there were two. Thus, our power magnified without the division, a burden and a blessing.

Azuhel paused for a moment, if only to lick her chops, before she continued,   “It is not an unknown secret that without a Sovereign to guide us we took the reins. And Shatter, my dear, there has never been a Sovereign.

For even Gideon had left the throne rather cold.

So we decided, us remaining two, in delegation of the powers we possessed, to split what little populist we had down the middle.

Slowly Azuhel would remove her paw from Shatter’s back so that she could, instead, roll over and stretch, belly exposed and legs kicking playful at the beady eyed birds above them, Yet, I grow tired of sharing.

You see, power is a fickle thing, it waxes and wanes. It destroys. It corrupts. And it sits. And, Shatter, I believe it is sitting now, worthlessly spread out into two branches that should, really, be unified as one.

She paused again, to make sure Shatter was keeping up, though she held no doubt about that, You will become Viscount, and we will eliminate the division of state and military, creating a combined beast to rend flesh from bone. The Officiarius, my friend. You will take this collective and split it in two, I think. One section, our Magistratus, the other the Exercitus.. Both sects to hold those with individual skill in certain aspects, but together they march and sing of our progression. Take the wolves from the Patrol and the wolves from the Police and sort them accordingly. Then, rid my empire of filth and those who are to unworthy to greet the dawn of my new era.

She shifted again, only to roll off the throne. She would not fall upon her friend, no, but she would take care to land with all four paws set to act as a cage. Azuhel attempts to hover over the other, jaws parted and gaze wild, a perfect addition to the manic smile that split her muzzle and wrinkled it with mirth. Our! New! Era!

With a laugh that seemed far to gentle she’d lean forward and so long as Shatter had not attempted to escape her ‘cage’ of limbs she’d nip at an exposed ear or a bit of flesh. A showing of affection, of good will between them.

And your… second task goes hand in hand with that.

Silence, for a moment, as Azuhel grows tense,   “Do you wish to own my son?

With the sort of intensity that Azuhel wished to own her?

There is a place for my most… faithful. A place… that I think you belong. If only you were… willing to pledge.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 12:45:19 AM by Azuhel »

CC6666

Offline Shatter!

• Alteron
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 10:40:58 PM »
"When this empire was young, pathetic, and barely functioning, we were a council of five. Do you remember this?"

More like four, Shatter internally added in a moment of spiteful pedantry, noting Ajax's absence. Nevertheless, Shatter easily clung to her fading recollection of a bloated and ineffective council and the authority that the elderly Dark still commanded. Of those five, only three remained, and only one of those mattered to Shatter. "YES," Shatter confirmed, urging Azuhel to continue with her yarn.

A particular comment caught her attention: “It is not an unknown secret that without a Sovereign to guide us we took the reins. And Shatter, my dear, there has never been a Sovereign.” It was a revelation that was shocking, but somehow also failed to surprise her.

"I HAD SUSPICIONS," she confessed. The depths of the conspiracy were unknown to her, but until this moment she had safely theorized over Ajax's disappearance from the public eye, never giving voice to her skepticism. It made sense that Shatter was not the only one in Alteron to come to that conclusion.

Ultimately, there was a very specific purpose behind Azuhel's sermonizing. She sought to take Alteron's history and retell it as an Aesop's fable of sorts: long ago, there had been a foolish, brash young king who wanted his throne very, very badly, and the minute he took that throne, he cast it aside, leaving the management of his new kingdom to his generals -- all of whom proved to be adept at war, but incompetent at keeping their new conquest alive. The story of a crumbling empire to be taught between generations. Stagnant politicians, a brash wannabe monarch who had fought so hard for a reward that failed to hold his interest, and a kingdom that seemed to slough off each rule like layers of rotten old snakeskin. (Or so, that was how Shatter streamlined that long-winded summary of events in her head.)

Just because Shatter had pledged herself to Ajax did not mean that she was oblivious to his faults. Saying that you had slaughtered dozens under the former Sovereign didn't mean anything anymore, even to herself. Perhaps she was getting old. Shatter, in the end, was a perfectly neutral-evil force content to be influenced by those greater than herself. She was a sword in a sheath. A keepsake passed between royals and generals. The sword does not complain; the sword is just glad to be used.

Azuhel wanted to make Shatter into her sword-arm, and the name of that blade was Viscount.

Had Ajax remained, would Shatter have ever been given this chance? What if she had chosen Scimitar instead? Maybe Alteron would have ceased to exist. Azuhel had honed her from a blade to an executioner's axe. Though these new jurisdictions were outside of Shatter's experience, she understood that she would be a fool to refuse glory as it was handed to her. Under Ajax, she would have never had this opportunity.

"I ACCEPT," she said firmly. There was another caveat to her proposition. Azuhel mentioned her son, Antaeus, the one who impregnated Shatter.

"I DO," said Shatter with conviction. She did not know much of the enigmatic phantom, even if she had selected him to father her children, but she knew that she wanted to possess him. He would know what it meant to be owned by her.

Shatter declared boldly, meeting Azuhel's eyes, "TELL ME WHAT YOU WANT AND I WILL DO AS YOU COMMAND. I WILL DO ANYTHING." That was a promise, and her word was bond.

(Or maybe it wasn't -- she was, after all, a sociopath.)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 09:26:16 AM by Sunblink [Summer!] »

Lay down your bodies
Leave us your souls

Yeah, he’s so hungry
He’s got a beast to feed
Yeah, it’s so hungry

» tracker

Offline Azuhel

• The Red Dragon
  • Leader
  • Master
    • Deviantart Page
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 02:48:08 PM »
I had suspicions—

Azuhel would add: They all had suspicions and I, ever faithful and diligent to our people, continued to play the game despite my own reservations.

A pause then, before she chuckled somewhat remorsefully—But only because those who now sit could have torn me asunder otherwise. Not that she’d feared such an action, she was not a patron of the timid or skittish of death and stars, but her patience ran far too thin to continue such a charade, especially now. She felt to owed it to Shatter to explain that reasoning, not because she was a coward—far from it—but because Azuhel enjoyed the long hunt and the hunt was fairly over. She should rejoice, as they all should, for the dawn Azuhel fought to bring, a dawn that would pierce the shadows of outdated thought and give birth to a more philosophical godhood.

An Empire too strong to be tricked again.

Still, there was work yet to be done and Azuhel needed many paws to hold between her own, so it’s no surprise that—upon Shatter’s acceptance of her place—the wolf is rather pleased. So, with only a grunt—and a move of her own… somewhat round body—she’d slip away from her faithful servant and move toward the flickering flame nearby.

Let it be known, here and now, that I seek to create a grand order, as exclusive as it is mysterious. One of diligence and purpose, of intense loyalty to myself and myself alone, rewarded with power and blood. You will be the first, but not the last, of those I wish to recruit and together—you and I, Shatter-love—we will expand our reach beyond this rotting jungle until no wolf, or muddy man does not know our touch.

Should the black wolf come closer, Azuhel would turn to her, a hot rod of metal poking out between them, red and gleaming, with its flat end shaped in ominous symbol.

Press your body against this… Azuhel whispered, fanatical and impassioned. Show me that you would do anything. Take my mark, the mark of my best, of my people, of my friends, of the noble and true blooded and help me build that new order. One. Kingdom. At a time

CC6666

Offline Shatter!

• Alteron
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2017, 01:54:07 AM »
"They all had suspicions and I, ever faithful and diligent to our people, continued to play the game despite my own reservations." A politician's yarn and nothing more. She suspected that Azuhel's caution had more to do with pragmatism than love for her country.  As if aware of Shatter's skepticism, Azuhel added with a jaded chuckle, “But only because those who now sit could have torn me asunder otherwise.”

That claim was closer to the truth. Better to let Gideon squander his throne and exhaust the people's faith before moving to remove him. As time passed, nationalist devotion to Ajax's loyalists began to wane. Shatter nodded in agreement and as Azuhel rose to her feet, Shatter's eyes were drawn to her swollen belly which was once concealed by the abundance of bedding. She decided not to address it; it was an inappropriate observation, given the tone of this meeting. Her next fixation was the flame writhing in its pit and the metallic rod that Azuhel produced. Shatter's eyes narrowed -- and widened a fraction as Azuhel held it to the fire, the metal radiating bright crimson and heat so palpable that Shatter could feel it from across the distance between them.

Azuhel hissed, wild with fanatical furor, "Press your body against this... Show me that you would do anything. Take my mark, the mark of my best, of my people, of my friends, of the noble and true blooded and help me build that new order--"

Friendship as a concept was not something that Shatter understood. She bandied about the term with feigned familiarity, but it held as much significance to her as words printed in an encyclopedia. Bonds were forged and forsaken. Azuhel demanded a permanence that Scimitar and Blade failed to cement.

Bonds forged through blood and bone and violence -- more an assertion of dominance than a claim of solidarity -- Shatter understood that. And in the furtherance of her goals, she gladly embraced this pittance.

Shatter inhaled sharply through her nose, lungs tightening in her chest, and bristled in an outward breath. She analyzed the weapon. Tried to calculate how it would wound her, and the damage it would potentially inflict. Before her brain could stagger through the imagined agony of the searing flesh -- the burning hairs -- the smoke and stink of charred matter curling in the air -- she thrust her forepaw forward willingly, allowing that symbolic Lance of Longinus to pierce her leg and pressing the bizarre symbol flush to her skin. The whole patch of fur and the flesh beneath were incinerated instantly by the contact, big diaphanous plumes of steam rising from the reddened mark. Pain took hold immediately, blinding pain, but she refused to withdraw, she tensed and convulsed madly in place until she could no longer feel it. What felt like an eternity transpired in five seconds. The metal brand was lifted, and--

Shatter unlocked her teeth, spittle and slobber foaming between her fangs. There was a terrible throb in her veins. The wriggling spawn in her womb clamored and kicked about the walls of her insides. Between the sudden stress and pain of this procedure, it was perhaps a miracle that Shatter didn't go into labor. Shatter curled the toes of her injured paw in the dirt, testing to make sure her motor controls were intact. Once she determined that there was no lingering damage, she sighed. Very unfortunate that her composure had been compromised.

"I HOPE THAT IS TO YOUR SATISFACTION," said Shatter through the pain, stiltingly formal and simple.

Emblazoned on her dark fur, carved in bald brushstrokes of razed skin, was an alien and twisted insignia. It still smelled like a fourth-degree burn.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:54:36 AM by Shatter! »

Lay down your bodies
Leave us your souls

Yeah, he’s so hungry
He’s got a beast to feed
Yeah, it’s so hungry

» tracker