Author Topic: Empire (Mass Ranking Thread)  (Read 342 times)

Offline Nexys

• Leader
  • Master
  • Warrior Chief of StoneClaw(Post count 279)
  • Liked: 37
  • Likes Given: 0
Empire (Mass Ranking Thread)
« on: July 05, 2017, 07:49:26 PM »
((Serfs and Pages can join this for sorting into a rank and Clan. If you already have a ranked character, feel free to have them hop in and help the others decide. I want to get everyone ranked that we can before the move.))

The pride was growing, a little at a time, and Nexys was beginning to breathe easier. There was still much to be done; alliances to conduct, trade routes to plan, not to mention typical physical labor, and yet the King of Obsidian Clan finally felt things were falling into place. Their territory was becoming known to him, it's massive trees a welcome sight after a long day in the barren Black Plains.

Sometimes he missed it. The Savannah. Sometimes he missed the smell of the tall grass and how it rippled in the wind like an ocean of gold. He missed the feel of the sun on his pelt and the strong winds in his fur. And yet, it was all a memory and he was glad for the change. Instead of slinking in shadows or waiting until dusk and dawn to hunt or patrol, they were free to do so all day. The thick canopy overhead shielded them from the sun and walking around at any time of day was relatively comfortable.

Today the King would skip going into the Plains. It was time to try something new and get the Serfs ranked. The more members they had doing jobs, the faster they would grow and bond as a pride. That was Nexys' goal. To build the pride again. It was a slippery slope, but he felt confident that it was possible, a little at a time. So the King found a decent place, not far from the main tree houses, in clear view of the Clan banners that hung, swaying in the gentle breeze.

Emerald eyes gazed up, full of pride, at the human village they now inhabited, the swinging bridges and high walkways. Hikaru had made their banners according to Nexys and Ranya's specifications. Hides dyed blue, black slashes across them hung from houses on the Obsidian side, while Pyropes red and crescent moon hung on the others. Below, in more neutral grounds, Jades green adorned the houses, pawprints symbolizing the pride's unity. Lola would have been proud to see it all now. The thought caused a sad smile to cross the king's face, but it didn't get him down. He knew his mate was still with him in spirit. Sometimes he could feel her, smell her on the West winds.

Nexys took a deep breath and called out to the pride, to the rankless Serfs who were no doubt searching for their place in the pride. Today they would find that place. The Obsidian King took a place atop a large boulder with room enough for a few other felines, and he waited. He would watch them quietly as they filed in, giving respectful nods of greeting as they joined him and once they were all seated, he would begin.

"Welcome all. We have a few Serfs in need of ranks, so come forward and introduce yourselves. Tell me who you are, and what you aspire to, and what Clan you wish to join. We have no Constable for now, so I will be sorting you all out."

Played by BlackRabbit since 2010

Offline Savari (SutZ)

• Suterusu
  • Hero
  • I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute
    • My status
    • DA account
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Empire (Mass Ranking Thread)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 04:13:02 AM »
CAY

A lot had changed since Cay had taken leave to care for his mate. The new land they now lived on was different, very different. He was still unsure about the human influence that had taken hold. It was a lot to get used to. There was word that Nexys wanted to speak to those in of ranks. The pride had changed so much and there were ranks that once existed but were no longer there, including Cay’s old rank. In his time in Stoneclaw he had led the Rengar clan, now he was but a rankles saber hoping he could redeem himself in the eyes of his King and pride

Nexys was waiting for them in front of the banners, all new to Cay still. He felt like a stranger around those who he had known for so long. He knew more would come soon as he showed himself out in the open to face his King. Cay was a proud saber, he would not let his rankles ass show the embarrassment that he felt. It would soon pass… he would soon redeem himself, he hoped.

Cay sat himself down in front of Nexys. As he entered he received a nod of greeting which he returned.

“Good day Nexys. I come here today in hopes of proving myself worthy of the rank constable. Clan Obsidian appeals to me but I am willing to go where ever I may be needed.” Cay added with his nod.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:01:25 PM by SutZ »

Click for my Character Bin

Offline Wildberry

• Initiate
    • Charahub Profile
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »
Wildberry hadn't spent much time in the main gathering areas since his arrival. He'd been exploring, collecting feathers and stones, enjoying the freedom of his new home. His old pride had consisted of few lions he could actually get along with; they'd picked on him since birth. Even his father had no time for him, trying to redeem himself in the eyes of his king for his transgression. His youth had made him skittish around others, but there was no excuse to miss a pride meeting, so on this day he found himself standing on the ground before his new king, a brown pelted sabre about his own size.

The berry-colored male dipped into a graceful bow, his nose nearly touching the ground. His gratitude was nearly exploding from within him. This place was like heaven compared to the torment of his old home. He would do nearly anything King Nexys asked of him without question, though he hoped he wouldn't be asked to do anything he wasn't comfortable with.

"Welcome all. We have a few Serfs in need of ranks, so come forward and introduce yourselves. Tell me who you are, and what you aspire to, and what Clan you wish to join. We have no Constable for now, so I will be sorting you all out."

The King's voice boomed throughout the gathering space. Another sabre spoke first, greeting the King by name. Wildberry took the pause after he spoke to step forward.

"Highness, I am Wildberry. I seek to offer my skills as a cubsitter or crafter, wherever you feel I would be more useful. I wish to join Obsidian Clan." He dipped his head in another, smaller bow.

toyhou.se
Played By Nicki

Offline Dusty Forgotten

• Dustbin
  • Regular
  • Liked: 84
  • Likes Given: 3550
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 04:24:04 PM »
The jaguar sunned himself, lazily draped over a branch cutoff from the clan housing-- far enough removed from their living space and landmarks, the pride should have possessed no reason to bother him. But, roars echo far, and disrupt every prey animal on the way.

Tradition V: Hospitality.

He hit the ground with a heavy thud-- lighter than any lion, that's for certain-- and made his way toward the sound, determined for introductions. Sun shone spotty through the canopy, revealing rosettes obscured by a melanistic pelt. Someone had seated himself at the high point: conductor of this meeting, whatever its purpose. He listened to the announcement, the responses, one that called him Nexys and one Highness. Clan; is that what they called their bloodlines?

"Bit of a firestarter, myself," he admitted, behind and between a pair of sabres, facing yet another. He sounded so unlike them, smelled not of the pride, of of their land. "Lucien LaCroix; pleased to make your acquaintance," he introduced, to none in particular, "I've been the area since humans inhabited this land." Or, someone in his family had, at least. Details.

Offline Savari (SutZ)

• Suterusu
  • Hero
  • I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute
    • My status
    • DA account
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 02:59:56 PM »
AVACYN

Today was the day Avacyn hoped she would gain her own rank. Despite being daddy’s little ‘princess’ she was still required to work her up just as everyone else was. It was no mystery as to what she had her eye on. If the rank of Reeve was available she would gladly help fill it! She had arrived just after her father and  three others had. Two of them she had seen around but the third one she was not familiar with. She continued to walk, choosing to sit slightly closer to her father but where she could still be seen as part of the group.

“Good day father! I come forward today in hopes of joining the Reeve rank in the Obsidian clan,” She greeted politely. Obviously she would choose the clan her father was in and she honestly hoped he would choose to let her remain with him in his clan rather than another, although she would graciously accept if would rather her go to another clan. He looked so strong and powerful sitting there, King of Stoneclaw. It was moments like this that made her feel extremely proud to have him as her father.

She greeted the others but stopped as her eyes fell on the black cat in front of her. "I've been the area since humans inhabited this land." She felt nervous as he spoke.She had never seen nor spoken  to this cat before. Was he an old pride member who chose not to be seen? Was he newly accepted? Or had he been in the lands the whole time. That though made her spine tingle. Screw what  the others thought, Avacyn shuffled slightly closer to her father.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 03:00:56 PM by SutZ »

Click for my Character Bin

Offline Nexys

• Leader
  • Master
  • Warrior Chief of StoneClaw(Post count 279)
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 12:41:36 PM »
Cay was the first to join the King and Nexys couldn't help but grin pridefully to his old friend. He was trying hard to redeem himself in Nexy's eyes and although the king couldn't give him back his old rank, he was more than willing to help Cay climb the ranks once more.

“Good day Nexys. I come here today in hopes of proving myself worthy of the rank constable. Clan Obsidian appeals to me but I am willing to go where ever I may be needed.”

"Constable? Yes..." Nexys nodded as he considered it. "Yes the Serfs needs a just, guiding hand and I believe you'll do the job justice. As for your clan, it might be best for you to remain in Jade, unbiased to either side. You'll do well in the position, I'm sure."

Next was a young one called Wildberry. Nexys had met the youth before not long ago. He didn't know him well, but he seemed to be willing to please. Of course, that could have been caused by his previous king, but Nexys was sure the work ethic would last. The boy was still young and it was likely ingrained in him for life, as Nexys' had been when he was young. Perhaps they had more in common than either of them thought.

"Highness, I am Wildberry. I seek to offer my skills as a cubsitter or crafter, wherever you feel I would be more useful. I wish to join Obsidian Clan."

"I see no reason you can't do both, if you're up to the task? My son, Hikaru, trained with the Tortugan crafters. He might be able to teach you as well if you'll seek him out. And there is a Serf, Nikolai, who is yet unranked but I really don't know what to do with him. He cannot speak, whether naturally or by choice, I do not know. If you can meet him, learn his language and get him to help you with cubs, I would owe you a favor." A favor from the king was so cheap thing and not given out lightly. Nexys needed members in ranks and Nikolai was no exception. The male had come with a few cubs and Nexys thought it a task fitting for him, given they could understand his written language. So far only Clifton had taken an interest in learning it but he was far too busy recording Stoneclaws histories to be bothered with this task.

A jaguar joined the others and Nexys looked at him suspiciously. He had never seen the creature before and his sister had never mentioned him either. The pride was small, so the king was certain he didn't just miss this feline.

"Bit of a firestarter, myself, Lucien LaCroix; pleased to make your acquaintance, I've been the area since humans inhabited this land."

"I've not seen you around before." Nexys stiffened, supressing a growl. Why hadn't he made himself known to them before now? "Fire starter.... we have one Dragoon already. A lion, Nyx. Meet with him and see what the two of you can learn from one another. But he will be watching you carefully, Lucien. Don't give him a reason to distrust you and I think you'll fit in well." Nexys said, though he was still unsure of how he felt toward the feline. But Nyx was a massive lion, killer of many crocs, and Nexys was sure he could handle himself if this jaguar gave him any trouble.

Last to arrive was his dear daughter and Nexys felt his chest swell with pride as the princess approached him. Hikaru had already gained a rank when he visited Tortuga, but Avacyn had been unable to travel at the time. Nexys was glad that she was putting in the effort to make herself useful. Even the king had to work, so he expected the same ethic from his children.

“Good day father! I come forward today in hopes of joining the Reeve rank in the Obsidian clan,”

"A Reeve, eh? Seems we'll have three running about. Perhaps we need more cubs now." Nexys chuckled. Three Reeves and no children for them to tend to. Cubs would be a good answer, but from whom? It suddenly occurred to Nexys that they had no mated felines in the entire pride. What could be done about that? "Well, that seems to be all of you for now. Set to your new duties then." Nexys said, dismissing the small group.

Played by BlackRabbit since 2010