Author Topic: Heartstrings [PRP]  (Read 521 times)

Offline Shadon

• Regular
  • War Captain
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 0
Heartstrings [PRP]
« on: July 05, 2017, 06:59:57 PM »
Poltergeist had been missing. Shadon noticed her absence right away, but figured she went off somewhere to brood or maybe help one of their children out with a task. They were grown after all, and Saboro needed their share of blood. They had to work, had to become a part of the society. Yet she did not return, and had not returned for days now. The Owl was starting to worry, his body moving through the jungle at a slow pace as he tried to think of where she could have gone. His howls did not echo, he hadn't thought about calling her, though if he had, she was probably too stubborn to come. She had once been such a sweet and innocent little ghost. Now that they had grown old together, Shadon knew that little temper and if she wanted to be alone, she would damn well be alone.

So he wandered, keeping an eye out as he did. Shadon didn't know where she could have gone, but he kept telling himself not to worry. He followed trails, old ones that led to nowhere. Not until he decided to follow a scent that seemed fresher than all the rest, one he never noticed before, one mixed with one of their children. Drag marks had been etched into the dirt, Shadon ignoring that clue as he thought that it could've been prey. His brow furrowed as he followed the trail, the pads too large to be his mate's. Before he knew it, Shadon was loping, searching for the source. The marks led him to a den, a dark cave-like structure that smelled of rotting flesh. Tail swayed for a moment, though he did not venture forward into the den. He knew who resided.

Buer.

Emerald eyes glanced down to his paws, noticing flecks of dried blood that was almost hard to see. Head bowed down as he took in scents. That blood was Poltergeist's, large paw marks leading away. The hellion immediately started to run after the ghosts of yesterday, not realizing that the trail ended at the Ravine until the cliff was before him. There was nowhere for him to go. He glanced around, scenting the air, but nothing was to be seen. Had... Poltergeist dropped down? Leaning over the edge, he glanced down only to see the body of his daughter. "Red..." he nearly gasped, thinking she had been lost forever. "RED!" he bellowed, paws scrambling down the ravine side as careful as possible. He didn't want to fall in or on top of a clearly hurt daughter.

Once he was beside her, nose would nudge her carefully. "Red, what the hell happened? Why the eff are you down here, and where... your mother's scent... Is she down here too?" So many questions whirled around in his mind that it almost made him dizzy. If he wasn't worried before, he was sure as crap about losing his crap about now. "Come on, let's get you out." Shadon had to get his daughter to safety before he could worry about anything else, so he lifted her as carefully as he could, dragging her back up the ravine side. He was too old for this crap and it wasn't easy going up a steep incline. Shadon managed to get her up though, dragging her onto flat ground before sniffing around to find any injuries.

"We gotta get you to a chemist."

S H A D O N ♜

All my life I've been debating
All the crows they sit there waiting
Wondering what I'm going to eat
Until I have it I can't breathe

I only see you on the floor
Your hearts not beating anymore
My lust for you it cannot wait
Your skin it tastes like chocolate

⇢  played by gothy.
Anything this character does, does not reflect OOC relations to the player.
This character is played how he is supposed to be played.
Please do not assume I as the player reflect any OOC onto him.

Offline RED,

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • writhing under your riding hood
  • Liked: 3
Re: Heartstrings [PRP]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 07:32:03 PM »
It had been days since she'd fell. She had regained what little energy she had, but it hadn't lasted long. She was able to walk around some in the bottom of the ravine, but she had nowhere near the energy needed to pull herself out. She couldn't walk far enough or keep a hold long enough to grip. She had found a few injured animals that had fallen and broken something and managed to survive barely off of those, but now she was starving again. Her stomach hurt with an intense pang that nearly drove her mad, her exhausted body laying in a trickle of water that barely kept her cool under her thick mounds of fur.

She knew she would die here, but she was okay with that. She was okay with dying for her family. Her mother always taught her, them, that family was first. Her mother secondly taught them that admitting family was first out loud was one of the dumbest things you could do- so it was a secret bond. A bond that would only come out in the most dire situations when it was needed. It had been needed. Red had heard her mother, seen her suffer, watched her change and falter and Red had decided her mother deserved more. Her mother deserved to be free. She knew her mother would never do it herself. Poltergeist was too stubborn, she loved her family too much, and she would never abandon them. So Red took it into her own hands and forced her out. If there was one thing Red knew, it was that when cornered, Poltergeist disappeared and a wild beast emerged. Some instinctual monster took over and would always fight or flight. She had hoped at least, and prayed that she was not wrong.

She didn't expect to hear anyone. If she did, she expected it to be a furious sentry howling for backup to drag her up and rip her to shreds on the spot. So when the voice started, it was fuzzy, almost as if she was underwater. Her head moved, and bang-covered eyes attempted to peer through. It was dark, though, and she couldn't see well. Her nose wasn't working too well either.

"RED!"

It was clearer now, and slightly familiar, but she couldn't place her finger on it then. It was still bubbly, and she barely knew even when his nose prodded into her. She squinted and shook her head, saliva bubbling from her jowls, her dirty, matted bangs having trouble moving from her eyes. She could see him better now, though. That grey, the horns, the bones. Ah. "Dah" she rasped, attempting to raise herself and turn to see him better. She managed to sit up, but wobbled unsteadily.

"Red, what the hell happened? Why the eff are you down here, and where... your mother's scent... Is she down here too? Come on, let's get you out."

He had a lot of questions, and her brain wasn't sure she could handle it right now. Everything hurt and her mind had slowed. She heard her mother, though, and she shook her head. It was a quiet whisper she spoke in. "No... Mom... got hurt. Bad. Found her, tossed... over." she wheezed, turning her head to shakily point up at the top of the other side. "Heard her... run. Gone." She had to tell him, he had to know. She hoped with all her heart he'd go look for her. She loved her parents, and she wanted them out. She wanted them gone. She prayed that if he did, he wouldn't drag her back. "Don't..." she coughed, her legs splaying a bit more. "Don't... bring back." her voice whined, it was harder to talk now then it had ever been for Red.

He had always been bigger then her, and maybe it was a blessing now that he was able to drag her out in his age. Maybe it was because she was malnourished, and now her body had begun eating away at her muscle. Once she felt ground, soft grass, she let out a heavy sigh.

"We gotta get you to a chemist."

Her ears flattened, and she stuffed her chin into her neck. "Don't... want you... in trouble..." she whimpered. She couldn't forgive herself if her dad suffered for her. They had both suffered so much anyway, and maybe part of her was scared for someone that wasn't her mother to treat her. She had never trusted anyone else, mostly in part of her mother's own paranoia. She was scared.

i'm just a kid
i'm-i'm-i'm-i'm i'm just a kid
i'm-i'm-i'm-i'm i'm just a kid
i'm-i'm-i'm-i'm i'm-i'm-i'm-i'm

it was just a little mistake
it was it was just a little mistake
it was it was just a little mistake
little mistake, little mistake

[profile]

Offline Shadon

• Regular
  • War Captain
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 07:59:34 PM »
Between getting her out and having her on solid ground, Red had admitted to Poltergeist being thrown over and running. Had Red thrown her across? What the eff happened? Did Buer have something to do with this? Her blood was trailing from his den after all, and the drag marks... Shadon had so many questions whirling around in his brain it made him nearly insane. A dangerous emotion of hate and anger welled, but Red did what she could to save her mother, and for that he could not fault her. Poltergeist never deserved to be here, after being tortured by Knife, she always stared into the distance, as if hoping she could fly away. Shadon blamed himself for making her miserable, and the only reason she stayed was for their children. In the fray of the volcanic eruption, she could've been set free, but now...

Maybe it was for the better.

Yet his heart clenched. He had to know if she was alright at least, then return. Shadon was a loyalist until the end, and he couldn't just abandon a home he had fought for, bled for, nearly died for. His family was here, his children, his brother, his... The hellion sighed against his daughter as she placed her chin into his neck. Akki had been painful enough, after all they had gone through, all the bitter emotions and in the end the white ghost forgave him. Teeth clenched together as he couldn't make the same mistake with Poltergeist. The hellion knew he couldn't bring her back, he wouldn't drag her back into the hell she so desperately wanted to escape from, but he had to make sure she was alive. It was the least he could do, he loved her so even if it was so tarnished and demented.

"Marrow." he finally said, trying to un-clench his throat. "Find Marrow, your younger brother. He's a chemist, he can be trusted. You don't... have to tell anyone about what you did. Don't tell anyone what you just effing did." Shadon really was getting too old for this bullcrap, but he loved Red and didn't want her to suffer for her mistakes. No one knew she was down there, not until he arrived and rescued her from certain death. The afflictions in his head grew worse, but the Owl pushed them aside.

Shadon stood and looked out across the ravine. She was out there somewhere, possibly hurt. He didn't know crap about herbs, but she did. Maybe if he could attend to her with her guidance she would be okay and he would send her off. He had to come back though, the tattoos of his loyalty burned forever on his brow and he had so many children to be there for. He wouldn't abandon them like he had Akki, he wouldn't let himself. Akki sure as hell would chew his ass out for it, and he smiled some thinking of how hilarious that would be.

"I'm going after her. Tell someone, anyone. I'm sure word will get back to the Sabora or Sabor. Tell them I'm going to look for her... just... I won't bring her back. But ... I'll come back. I have to. I'll just say I didn't find her, or she's dead." he said, trying to get Red to stand. "Find Marrow, tell Lucas I'm gone. That I will be back. That I will report to Oriana or Crenate when I get back. If..." Shadon shook his head. He wouldn't want to make Red worry for him, he had spent so many years out in the wilds that he could survive just fine. He wasn't made War Captain for nothing.

"Now go. I'm... gonna go." He had to. Shadon would find Poltergeist.

The hellion would wait a few moments to make sure Red was alright before turning and walking. "Take care of yourself, Red. I.." He paused mid-step, turning his head to look at her one last time. "I love you. Thank you... for setting her free."

He ran. The hellion ran along the edge of the Ravine until it dwindled down enough that he could cross into the wilds. Neutral land, away from home.

Gone.

[OOC: And for the sake of this, yes, this is pre-approved!]

S H A D O N ♜

All my life I've been debating
All the crows they sit there waiting
Wondering what I'm going to eat
Until I have it I can't breathe

I only see you on the floor
Your hearts not beating anymore
My lust for you it cannot wait
Your skin it tastes like chocolate

⇢  played by gothy.
Anything this character does, does not reflect OOC relations to the player.
This character is played how he is supposed to be played.
Please do not assume I as the player reflect any OOC onto him.

Offline dayne

• Hero
  • sleepyhead
    • dA
  • Liked: 4544
  • Likes Given: 908
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »
[ this is done!!! dear alpha friends if i need to make a thread with red about this whole ordeal pls let me know! otherwise i'll see about making a thread with marrow / or just oocing with red to tell him that shay went to find mom and to tell marrow to tell lucas or something. IDK!!! i'll ask red about it ]

Ready to go! We’re drawing every new step            
The future began, another chapter opens
          This baton road, a drawing I know
It’s always you inside my head

Offline arkyls™ [slow]

• Guardian
  • Hero
    • My dA
  • Liked: 4642
  • Likes Given: 9377
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:07:42 PM »
Just to clarify:

This plot was pre-approved by the alpha team (Myself, Ted and Oni) a month ago. This was before the free escape plot was thought of and enacted; the original post for this plot was started June 5th. We will be taking a shot at allowing escape plot requests in the future (much later after the current free escape.) Instead of opening applications for individual plots—which the guidelines for were properly completed after this approval—we settled on a pack-wide escape opportunity. However, Gothy and Dayne are aware of the IC reactions to this plot as it is still an escape.

I hope this clears up anything for those who may be confused as to this plot in conjunction with the escape plot.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 11:08:21 PM by arkyls™ [slow] »
college — please read!