Author Topic: My need for drama rises [open]  (Read 230 times)

Offline ✧Iris✧

• Nardir
  • Initiate
  • Pretty doesn't even cover it
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
My need for drama rises [open]
« on: June 30, 2017, 04:45:48 PM »
”Mother moon.” A call into the sky by a pair of green eyes belonging to one of the prettiest wolves in Nardir, whom had just decided to stay awake that night. She was showing her appreciation of the moon, almost hoping that someone (a male) would show up and see her appreciation and proclaim his own great appreciation of the moon goddess. She had her eyes closed for a moment, but soon couldn’t resist the temptation and peeked. Wha-! What!? She opened her eyes and frowned. No one was there!? Well she never! She trotted angrily forward and kicked a small stone out of her way in frustration. She might as well leave then.

The disappointed of not being met by some hunk of a man left a taint on her, she hated not being seen or heard by others. In fact she should be surrounded by people right now, but wasn’t. Did no one get up at night to praise the moon? She could hardly believe that, she surely couldn’t be the only one up to look at their goddess. A flare of havoc wrecking anger stir up inside, she couldn’t have that!

Before long she had come to the water at the bottom of mount Celeste and took a drink from it. She still felt disheartened, by the fact that no one had seen her, but also because she hadn’t run into anyone yet. The moon was half full tonight and looked stunning as she was shining through the clouds and bringing light to all earth’s creatures that were awake in the night. If just Nardir would wake to see it…

The little flare lit again and if anyone had been around she would cause quite the show of drama about her for it (though some might argue that if others had been there it would defeat the purpose of the need for drama). She looked around angrily with her eyebrows burrowed down toward her eyes, looking for someone to wreck her drama on, all in vain. No one showed up out of the blue. She made a ‘hmpf’ sound and turned around toward some nearby bushes and began collecting berries. If no drama was to be had she might as well practice her painting skills.

If there was one thing Iris enjoyed more than drama it was men. But next to that it had to be creativity. Tonight she would practice tattoo paintings, though normally she wouldn’t use berries for tattoos they were all she had nearby and they might bright and beautiful colors for practice. She found herself a large flat looking stone nearby the water and put her red and blue berries down. She mashed them up separately and began. She used her right front paw to create swirls formed as wings and practiced carefully to make them identical on each side. She was completely emerged into her work and had lost track of time and place as the night quietly went by.

And when we first came here
We were cold and we were clear
With no colors on our skin
'Till you let the spectrum in

Say my name
And every color illuminates
We are shining
And we will never be afraid again

Played by Bwarh

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
  • Liked: 154
  • Likes Given: 38
Re: My need for drama rises [open]
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:12:12 PM »
(Since Iris is an AA/AR character, I'm going to assume that Akutan has at least a passing knowledge of her having been in Nardir for quite some time and would've known her name, thanks to his ooc-ly habit of talking to birds who tend to blab about anything and everything. I can edit if needed.)

Akutan was by himself this night. He was currently mulling over what Hakan had told him and Kyra. That there was a real risk in her getting pregnant due to past potentially in-breeding in Hakan's family that made it difficult, if not dangerous, for the females of that bloodline to conceive. The Maelstrom had hidden his anxiety behind pretty words, saying that perhaps the introduction of Firebright's blood had repaired the damage already done. But what if the damage couldn't be reversed? What good would Akutan's bloodlines do to ensure the she-wolf he loved could safely conceive? In the end, all they needed was permission to have a litter and hopefully start trying for a family. He and Kyra were as good as mated in his eyes but perhaps taking advantage of Nardir's wedding ceremony would make the bond that much more special.

He looked up the half-moon. His mind drifted the moon culture and while he understood the reasons and logistics behind it, he just couldn't reconcile the moon with the notion of comfort when it was hidden most of the time and so very distant. The wind, though...the wind tonight was warm and comforting and earthbound. Very rarely stopping, the wind was the spirits of the ancients moving through the mortal world. Akutan was content to let the pack believe as they will. Not everyone followed the moon culture and in his eyes, the truth of the world would only ever be known after death. He knew what was coming for him when his time ran down. A dark, barren land of skeletal trees and still air. A gigantic black wolf. Judgement. And finally, the afterworld, a plane of beauty and peace. A place where all wolves went on the other side of eternity. There, he would see his grandfather and parents again. He'd be able to meet his long-dead grandmother, the last alpha of his ancestral homeland of whose beliefs he clung to despite not being born into that long-ago pack.

He came upon Iris rooting through a berry bush and paused. Akutan wasn't that sociable outside his inner circle, consisting only of family and friends like Kyra and Ticonderoga. Other than that, he didn't have much in the way of companions. It had to do with his past and he had learned long ago that he didn't try to make connections because it seemed like the wolves he knew either drifted away or died. Still, he needed to start making the effort. He wasn't just the Maelstrom but also the head of his clan. He had an example to set for Rapture, Beatrice, and Aeneas so they didn't turn into him. Not that Sara, Buckshot, and Byakko would let that happen. The artisan before him was pretty but she did nothing for him the way a flaming pelt did. Akutan wasn't the most complimentary of wolves to start with anyway. He was blunt and said things as he saw them. No harm in striking up a conversation, at least. "Nice night, isn't it?" he asked, getting her attention.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:14:43 PM by Sekirei »
Character Bin
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Hail the Roman Empire. Hail the Guy. Roman Reigns fan for life.

Offline ✧Iris✧

• Nardir
  • Initiate
  • Pretty doesn't even cover it
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My need for drama rises [open]
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 09:38:45 AM »
slight bump, i want 1-2 more to join before I reply

And when we first came here
We were cold and we were clear
With no colors on our skin