Author Topic: A Warren in the Spirals (Discovery! OPEN TO ANY!)  (Read 1147 times)

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Hero
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
  • Liked: 85
  • Likes Given: 213
A Warren in the Spirals (Discovery! OPEN TO ANY!)
« on: June 29, 2017, 05:11:51 PM »
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Arik woke up at dawn, took a dip in the nearest river, and decided he would try and find the most reliable place to find rabbits today. That was perhaps a good thing for a potential Groundskeeper to do, right? Keep an eye on the land, explore and get to know the territory, and make notes on where to find things. He was a good observer, that much he knew of himself. Other talents remained to be discovered though.

With a light step and tremble in his stomach, again, another reason to look out for rabbits, he set on his way in a new direction. The sunlight of the morning broke through the leaves of the lush birch trees of the Vale, it was going to be a warm and sunny day today. As the sun rose overhead he broke through the Lunar Vale to approach a rather hilly area. He knew rabbits were typically found in open spaces. He looked down into a rocky expanse and caught the whisper of movement among some smooth round like stones. Slowly he pressed his stomach to the ground and approached the clutter of rocks, not fully realizing the strange pattern they made. Yep, a colony of rabbits definitely made this area a home. Especially with all the rocks and hiding places available to them. He couldn't see where the entrance to a warren was from his point of view but knew they wouldn't have ventured far from it. Thankfully a rock had blocked him from their view and he had been able to track their movements with their perked ears peeking over. Maybe not many members had discovered this treasure trove of rabbits yet. The fear of the wolf hadn't been drilled into their little prey-brains.

Gathering up his strength, with a inhale of breath and a shudder from the grey-brown rabbit ear he leapt over the rock and grabbed the stunned hare by a back leg as it was trying to escape as it tripped over one of its own members of its colony also escaping. A gaggle of bunnies leaped from the grass and quickly disappeared. The rabbit squealed its pain-song but was quickly silenced when Arik put it out of its misery. He hated that sound and would have rathered killed it as he caught it instead of grabbing it by its leg. Now all of those rabbits are going to stay in their warrens for a while, dammit. Sloppy work Arik. He trotted a few paces away from where the all the rabbits fled so he didn't eat their comrade in front of them. Bad form, he thought, thinking about how Buckshot was very respectful of the prey in these parts. He wanted to be respectful, and if he thought about it, it made sense. These lands were theirs now, and it was their job to respect and thank The Mother Moon for providing this land and its riches to her people. That meant respecting her gifts, and the lives they took to survive.

He thought of this and took a moment to thank the Mother by pointing his nose to the sky for a moment and closing his eyes before tucking into his lunch. As he ate he looked for all the warren entrances again and that's when he noticed that the stones he had just hunted in where in an odd display. There were small valleys between a line of them and it went in a strange spiral pattern. He paused his eating as a strange thought struck him.

Oh stars I better not be eating a sacred rabbit... He better call in an expert, or even someone that might explain to him what these weird stones were doing and Oh please Mother he hoped this wasn't a graveyard no one mentioned.

And yet he had only just discovered the tip of this particular iceberg. There was so much more to be found. He lifted his nose skyward and this time he called out an invitation to anyone in the area. "What did I find?!" it called to anyone half-listening.

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
  • Liked: 154
  • Likes Given: 38
Re: A Warren in the Spirals (Discovery! OPEN TO ANY!)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 08:29:49 PM »
Ticonderoga had polished off a deer Byakko and Akutan had taken down for the family to eat and was on his midday run when he heard Arik's howl. "Ooh...I wonder what he found." he thought before angling himself in the direction of the howl. He ran until he found the other male at a place he didn't know was in the territory to start with. It looked strange with some stones place in a swirl pattern that seemed deliberate. Did humans use to live here and do that? Or was it something else?

"What a beautiful, unusual place. I never dreamed a place like this was even here in the packlands." Ticon whistled. He quickly made a mental note to show this to Stella and the rest of the X Clan. The monochrome dire paced forward to give the swirling stone patterns a sniff. There wasn't anything unusual that he could tell. The whole area felt pretty normal but also...rather spiritual. Ticon wasn't really a believer in anything but he was always fascinated by the beliefs of others. He saw the good and bad in both Nardir's moon culture and the X Clan's wind culture. He found himself wondering if he could potentially start believing in one or the other or maybe bits of both. The X Clan's ancestral myths and legends were held sacred to them as the last links to the ruling family they had once been when Byakko had been much younger. Ticon could get behind the notion of the wind being the souls of wolves long passed and the idea of an afterworld where there was endless hunting sounded like paradise. Still the moon's soft light was equally comforting to him. Ticon was content for the moment to find his way at his own pace. If nothing else, Akutan had told him that it didn't really matter what he believed. The afterworld was where all wolves went, regardless of their beliefs while living. That had told Ticon that the X Clan followed an ideology too simple to be called a religion and that simplicity meant there were no strings.
Character Bin

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Hail the Roman Empire. Hail the Guy. Roman Reigns fan for life.

Offline Kimster

• Hero
  • back with a bang
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 08:17:40 PM »
Softly one paw sidled forward, then another. Dark green eyes fixed intently on the rabbit who was blissfully unaware of it's impending death. Two more paws and she could spring into action, and one snap of her jaws would ensure a lovely rabbity lunch for her and... squeel - her prey launched away and Shimmah jumped upwards with a small yelp. What by all that's holy.... Flicking her long fringe from one eye to the other she glanced around and finally spotted a figure off in the distance. Her stomach rumbled and that was probably what made her brave enough to go over there.

Trotting faster than her dimuntive form would be thought could, she hurried upwards, not looking at the area around her. When she was close enough she yelled (well, she thought she yelled but she was out of breath so it came out as more of a wheeze):

"Hey, like, thanks a lot! Didn't yer mother teach ya how to hunt? Imeancomeonhonestlyyoujustruinedmykill ...and...uh...tall..." she trailed off in a whisper as she came close to the object of her wrath. He was much, much taller than her with a blue stripe over his face and body, and the blood of a fresh kill on his maw. And right next to him stood another giant, this one not only taller but bigger! Did Nardir exist out of frikkin giants?? Her tail fell down and tucked tightly to her legs, she hunched her shoulders and her long ruff fluffed up like a mane around her neck, accentuating the lightning marks in it that framed her face. She scowled to make herself look all tough, but the quivering of her legs betrayed her.

"Uh..sorry..I mean.. um..." the giant one said something about an unusual place. One quick glance told her that indeed, this was a weird place. Despite her nervousness she was quickly mesmerised by the place. What was it that made it so weird?

Offline ✧Iris✧

• Nardir
  • Initiate
  • Pretty doesn't even cover it
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 10:16:23 AM »
Ladies didn’t stalk! Though she kinda was stalking someone. She had seen him when he left the river after dipping into it and had stopped dead in her tracks when a very, very handsome man continued on his way. She opened her mouth slightly and quickly followed suit. She didn’t mean to follow him around for so long, but the huge male was much faster than Iris who was more than one foot shorter than him. She had to skip and trot to keep track to even get close to him. Iris wasn’t shy, she didn’t need to stalk in the background she could just go up there and introduce herself!

Suddenly he laid down on his stomach and she halted. Hunting? Now!? Really? She was about to introduce herself, which was way more important than hunting! She gave a deep sigh and sat down waiting for him to finish his game of hunting. A squeal of a rabbit (god she hated that sound) told her that he was finished and she quickly trotted toward him again after having kept her distance.

She hadn’t at all noticed the unusual place, the first thing she noticed was the male looking to the sky in praise of the moon, and Iris was sold. THIS was the man for her! She needed no one else, just him, he was perfect! She sighed and went over to him and only stopped when he called out to the pack. What did i find he asked. Nooooo. She gave an internal sigh of pain. Now others were gonna come, she wanted to be alone with him. What did he mean anyway? She looked around them and noticed that this area looked strange. Weird stones and paths on the hilly ground everywhere.

That could be for later! She went up to the male to talk to him but was interrupted as two others came over and proclaimed something that had little to no interest for her. Finally it was quiet and she looked at the tall, handsome male who had discovered the place ”Why hello! I am Iris, who might you be? What a beautiful place you’ve found. Do you think possible mother mood put her touch on this place?” She was good at conversations and loved them and quickly spurred the talk on to something they had in common (mother moon) and took a look around the place and wagged her tail.

”Do you want to walk around with me and see what else is here?” She was a natural! She could feel it, this was just going her way, just the way she wanted it. She gave him a genuine bright smile and waited for him to reply, but there could only really be one reply after all, and that was YES! Yes, yes, yes ever after!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 10:18:10 AM by .Iris. »

And when we first came here
We were cold and we were clear
With no colors on our skin
'Till you let the spectrum in

Say my name
And every color illuminates
We are shining
And we will never be afraid again

Played by Bwarh

Offline Pawprint/Adolph

• Master
  • 10% Sweet Tea
    • DA Website
  • Liked: 39
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 02:13:50 PM »
(OOC: I like the southwest part for the new place.  Warning, loopy post with Buckshot.)

Buckshot

When Arik howled, Buckshot ran from the den.  The boy never ceased to amaze him.  First the deer at the river, now a site which might be new.  The boy was a good Groundskeeper-in-training.  He and Tallulah were doing great so far.  The new dad was a bit intimidated that they were outdoing him.  He would have to lead by example soon.  He would also have to give Arik a proper nickname.  Tallulah was Bouncy and Arik was...straightforward.  He was also a go-getter, someone doing his best for the pack.  Bright and busy tailed.  A team player.  A real wolf's wolf.

This nicknaming would take longer than he thought.  Hey he was here!

"OH snap!"  He never saw this place.  And how about the last time he smelled so many...rabbits!  He licked his chops in a comical fashion.  Mmm-hmm!  Business first.  Buckshot whispered for his father's attention as he rested a little way off.  He then looked at the talkative crowd--hey a blue wolf!--and cleared his throat.

"I have no idea what this place is."  First impression!  "It does smell delicious!  I say we shouldn't go overboard eating the rabbits here or they might abandon den, so to speak.   Oh, yes, my name is Buckshot.  I am the Groundskeeper, officially looking out for the health of the land!"  He neared one of the rock patterns.  "The rocks are not naturally congregated here.  Eighty five percent sure."  The scruffy looking wolf pushed one to make sure.  He tripped when the spiral pile the rock was on fell apart, landing with his butt in the air.  "Seventy five percent sure.  Arik--you were the first on the scene.  How about leading the expedition?  I trust you."

Adolph

Adolph was closer than his son, yet it took him almost as long to reach the group.  His fifteen year old body protested as he trotted, his fading eyesight also hindering him as he moved through new territory.  When he got there, he brushed by Ticon, to whom he nudged the bigger wolf's ribs in greeting, and walked to Arik. "Son of Blackstripe," Adolph greeted formally.  He often thought of his old friend, a wolf who could have been mistaken for his own kin.  Another who disappeared, like Arik's mother.  He missed them dearly.  "What have you found, young wolf?"  Whatever it was, it was beautiful. 

"Hey, like, thanks a lot! Didn't yer mother teach ya how to hunt? Imeancomeonhonestlyyoujustruinedmykill..."

Adolph froze in place.  His heart lurched.  This blue and yellow wolf whom he had never seen before filled him with memories of years past, but never forgotten.  The old relic thought he knew everything about Storm.  He knew he had no daughters of his own and as faded memory of Jase served, he was sure that boy's children shared the red colors of his mate.  Had Jase had more children after he left Nardir?  It was possible.  He began walking to her until another voice cut his train of thought.

The bubbly female practically threw herself at Arik.  Hopefully romantic was the best term.  It was all he could do to not laugh out loud.  He hmm'ed and drifted away from the wolves present.  He could talk to Arik and the kin of Storm later.  He needed a rest from the shock.  The moment was brief as his son Buckshot called for his attention.  The Groundskeeper said his piece, tripped himself, then gave Arik his assignment.  Adolph shook his head.  Seven years old and still acting like he was seven months.  But if anyone noticed, they would have seen a small smile on the old relic's face.

Characters

Adolph: Nardir Retiree
Navand: Maroon Cheetah
Buckshot: Nardir Groundskeeper
Moonachie: Cave Bear Lady (Inaria Hoverer)

New Profiles Needed
"You" ...she has no name
Moonachie: Cave Bear
Pawprint: Dog (Pupsaver)
Swifter: Adolph's bird

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Hero
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 06:24:03 PM »
Oh thank the moon someone heard him.
Someone he recognised as Ticon, (though they hadn't had a formal introduction, Arik recognises and places names from events and other acquaintances fairly easily), a relative* of Akutan, came loping toward him to see what he had found. The other male came sidling up to Arik and mentioned how beautiful it was.

"Yes, I wonder how it was-" When he was interrupted by a blazing somewhat familiar shade of blue fluff barreling down on them only to stop short and gaze up at both of them. She must be a new member, excellent! Her words petered out as she looked around and others came to join them. Including a purple somewhat brindle female that had eyes only for... him. Oh stars. She introduced herself as Iris.

"I'm Arik." He said quietly, suddenly becoming a little shy with all this attention and tucking his chin a bit into his chest, stating his name just loud enough for both of the females he didn't recognise to hear. Iris then asked if he would walk with her.

"Son of Blackstripe," Came a faintly familiar tone, Oh thank the moon. Arik didn't know what to do with all this attention. Maybe he should have just ran for Buckshot instead of called everyone here. Who was the oldster? Obviously someone who knew his father. Adolph, that's right, Buckshot's father.

By the Stars Buckshot, finally! He was relieved the Official groundskeeper was here but honestly it was very good to finally make the acquaintance of more than one wolf at a time! The groundskeeper was a wonderful distraction to the new folk around him, and hopefully entertainment enough to get some of the unwanted attention off him. But then Buckshot threw the attenton back all on him and he could feel everyone's eyes.

He really should be a hermit.

"Yeeeass... uh. I... agree." With the groundskeeper's mention about the over hunting of the area. Well at least no one mentioned this being a holy place, other than... Iris? Yes, she said her name was Iris. Okay maybe he's not as fast on the uptake or as highly adaptable as he once thought.

He took a second to take a deep breath and glance at the ground with wide eyes for a moment. Gathering his wits about him. Lots of folk here, lots of questions.

With an outward breath he started "Hooookaay, well. I was worried this was some kind of sacred space." He was able to center himself and bring his vocal tone back down to its normal lower level. He spoke carefully with an even timbre. "These rabbits certainly have found the perfect hiding space for them. I wouldn't be surprised if there's several warrens here." He took a couple steps forward, toward Buckshot and the strange stones and paused, looking at each member of this new company. "Iris," He found her eyes in the small crowd, "You mentioned if Mother Moon put her touch on this place? I wonder as well." He tried to lead the group among the stones. "Like Buckshot said we shouldn't over hunt here, maybe this place should be sacred? Are there dead buried here?"

The grass was even but shorter than the typical meadow here. Buckshot had tumbled over a pile of stones, where there single stones or was it all made up of piles?

"Could these stones have fallen here?" He didn't notice but he couldn't quite look at the center properly. It was as if the nexus of the stones couldn't be focused on and he would constantly look over the center without seeing it. It almost hurt his eyes to try and focus on it.

"Maybe we should split up and see what else we can find. Is there another set up like this somewhere else in the packland? Has anyone come across this before?" He asked the group. Maybe they could sniff out some local herb that only grows here. What should they call this place? Whats under the stones? What do the stones look like?

((omg I love everything about this. This group is amazing))

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 09:19:19 PM »
Ticon smiled as Adolph joined the growing group and brushed his side. The young dire knew the oldster to have been an old friend of X and seemed to take comfort in the familiar appearance of Ticon himself. They were joined by Buckshot and Iris as well. Ticon noted with amusement just how struck by Arik Iris was. The poor dude was a less extreme version of Akutan in the sense he seemed to keep to himself mostly and clearly wasn't sure how to deal with Iris's obvious affections. Ticonderoga didn't want to make assumptions, though. He didn't know Arik that well. He turned his attention to the swirl-patterned setting of the stones.

"I honestly haven't seen this place before at all. But now I'm wondering how many times I could've passed it on my daily runs of the border. If we're anywhere near the border in this location, I feel a bit silly at having never known about this place. If we find anything herb-wise, you or I should let Sara know, Bucky. She might be able to use it." he said. Ever the faithful "servant" of the X Clan. Ticon had been told numerous times that he had become an invaluable asset to the family and it always made him feel accepted, especially since the older members no longer saw the late X where Ticon stood. His uncanny resemblance to him, breed and eye color notwithstanding, had made things pretty awkward at first. But he had been with them for so long, he wasn't sure what his exact standing with them was anymore. He was certainly a family friend but he eventually settled on "family helper" as his unofficial title. His duty was to the pack, obviously, but the best thing about Nardir was that he could have his unofficial duty to the Clan without it being perceived as a conflict of interest. Hell, the X Clan exercised a small sense of autonomy within the pack as a whole but no one in the greater pack seemed to care.

"As for the placement of the stones...I wonder if humans did this. It's highly doubtful they just ended up in this pattern. I's too methodically placed to be natural. It's likely the work of humans or perhaps an ancient pack that used to lay claim to this area. It's the best guess I have since the only prehistory I know comes from the X Clan's ancestral legends and myths, all of which come from their homeland to east across the Straits and not all of them complete fiction." he then ventured. Before meeting the Clan, Ticon's birth family never cultivated an interest of history in him or his siblings. The place they grew up in was farther west past the Red Mountains so he didn't have any historical knowledge of what had been here before today's packs claimed the Straits. But thanks to them taking him in, he found he loved learning the subject, even if it was limited to their own history for the time being.
Character Bin

If Roman Reigns has millions of fans, I am one of them. If Roman Reigns has only one fan, that is me. If Roman Reigns has no fans, I'm no longer in the world.

Offline Kimster

• Hero
  • back with a bang
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2017, 04:22:47 AM »
New wolf. Another one. And another. What is this a frikkin pack? Oh. Yeah. Right. Hah. Shimmah scowled deeper but stood rooted to the spot, her muzzle clamped shut. So far it didn't seem that they would attack her, and the guy with the bloodied muzzle hadn't snapped her head off for her ranting at him. Arik, she caught his name and filed it away for future reference. He seemed... reserved. Reserved was cool. Raka was like that, only a bit more so.

Her shoulders relaxed a little. Her deep green eye glanced from one face to the other and widened as a very blustery fellow trotted up and fell on his butt over a few rocks. She grinned and managed not to laugh out loud. Finally someone else as clutzy as she was! Whoops wait, put the scowl back up there we go - they're still new wolves can't let them see you belittling someone and uh.... she got the sense that all of them out ranked her.

Great.

Shimmah didnt mind the other female ignoring her, but openly goggled at how she flirted with bloodymuzzle...err, Arik. Woah is that how it's supposed to be done? There was no way in hell Shimmah would ever be that brave! Maybe she should ask for tips..yeah no. Maybe not now, she thought as an old wolf came up to them, easily shouldering the other giant. She caught his expression as he saw her, something that mingled shock and recognision.

She scowled at him - her scowl was like a defensive weapon. She only listened with half an ear as the others talked bout the grounds and how they want to explore. Shimmah was more focussed on the older wolf. Her natural instinct was to stick close to him and help him out. She doesn't know why, she just felt that way about the more, very senior wolves.

The other lot started heading out, and she hesitated, not sure who to follow, or if she should stay with the old guy, or just altogther leave...nah. Not leave - if nothing else this place was beautiful, and weird.

Offline ✧Iris✧

• Nardir
  • Initiate
  • Pretty doesn't even cover it
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2017, 12:32:33 PM »
"I'm Arik." Arik! Oooh gosh, what a perfect name! Arik and Iris, yes! She could tell this was meant to be and all going just her way! Aw was he getting shy? Iris didn’t recognize his shyness as reserved from the attention, but instead immediately saw it as Arik being shy because he too had feelings involved and it was making her giddy and girlish. She was completely excited and forgot all about the others, but they soon interrupted and demanded attention as they just wouldn’t stop going on about some rocks and whatnot. She sighed and rolled her eyes before turning her head to take a better look.

There was some introductions as she tried to keep track of the names, but soon forgot to even try and remember the names too well. Someone was Buckshoot and someone was son of black-whatever! Who cared, they weren’t Arik or anything, no one was as handsome as Arik. She turned back around and gave him a loving sigh and wagged her tail eagerly.

"Hooookaay, well. I was worried this was some kind of sacred space." oh of course you did Arik! So good and kind he was to think of that before just doing whatever!

"These rabbits certainly have found the perfect hiding space for them. I wouldn't be surprised if there's several warrens here." Iris was beginning to step on her toes now to get Arik’s attention and kept looking for eye contact and was starting to worry he couldn’t see her all the way down there. ”Iris She stood still now, beaming with a bright smile and a wagging tail. He noticed her!!! She was squealing inside and could just fall over and roll around in pure joy, but held her position and composed herself a little and stopped her wagging tail and just gave him a general kind smile. Didn’t want to overwhelm the shy guy.

"You mentioned if Mother Moon put her touch on this place? I wonder as well." She quickly nodded in agreement. She offered an easy solution to the question of weird stones and could get behind it herself. It seemed reasonable. "Like Buckshot said we shouldn't over hunt here, maybe this place should be sacred? Are there dead buried here?" Iris  gave a gentle smile and this time she had something to say, because she knew the answer to that.

”You mean like a graveyard? I wouldn’t worry about that. Nardir’s graveyard is northwest of here and filled with poppies and is more flat. This look nothing like a traditional graveyard.” She would know after all, she had recently buried both her parents in the poppy field and she was trying her hardest to not let it show. She quickly pressed the emotions out of the way to start following Arik as he walked. She kept nodding as he talked about not hunting it and asked if they might have fallen in place. Iris didn’t know and didn’t offer an answer. "Maybe we should split up and see what else we can find. Is there another set up like this somewhere else in the packland? Has anyone come across this before?"

Iris eagerly jumped up to the front now and beamed at Arik ”Splitting up sounds like an excellent idea! I’ll go with you Arik, I would feel a lot safer with you around, you are so big..” And handsome ”I’ve never seen anything like this before no. But I think this place was possibly marked for us to find something special here.” She nodded in agreement with herself and stood ready to follow Arik, even if he turned her down there wasn’t much he could say or do to make her follow the others. She realized the others also spoke a lot and voiced their opinions (expect the other female, was she here for Arik? She better not!) but she hadn’t paid much attention to it, just heard something about it being beautiful and wondering about the stones. She had lost interest and was instead googling Arik when he wasn’t looking and giving silent sighs slightly behind him. Love, love, love is all over the place and in the eye of Iris

And when we first came here
We were cold and we were clear
With no colors on our skin
'Till you let the spectrum in

Say my name
And every color illuminates
We are shining
And we will never be afraid again

Played by Bwarh

Offline Pawprint/Adolph

• Master
  • 10% Sweet Tea
    • DA Website
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 12:12:18 PM »

Buckshot

Putting Arik on the spot affected him so much, Buckshot tried thinking of a way to backtrack his words to get him out the assignment.  Fortunately, the boy planned things through and began taking charge.  Yes!  He was figuring things out, asking questions, giving assignments, whoa!  Maybe Go-getter could be his nickname!  Ticon and Iris offered input and much to the Groundkeeper's relief, it wasn't a graveyard surrounding them.  Northwest, he reminded himself.

Righting himself to a laying position, he said to Ticon, "I'll keep that in mind.  Snowfluff would love this place."  A little moment away from the kids, the land would be perfect and peaceful for Sara.

At Arik's last suggestion, Buckshot nodded.  Splitting up was a good idea.  Iris immeadiately volunteered herself with Arik.  Hah.  Well, Buckshot was about to go to his father until he saw him walk to the female with blue fur.  Aww.  Buckshot turned to Ticon again.

"Looks like it's you and me Big Guy.  We could focus on herbs and flowers if you want.  I can at least figure out the ones Snowfluff's used on me, haha."  Did she ever!  A Groundskeeper must make sacrifices, even painful, itchy, burning, biting ones.

He wouldn't tell Arik that yet.

Adolph

Arik was just as studious as his father Blackstripe, and Adolph was secretly proud of how well he was doing on his first mission. 

As for his feedback:

"I know nothing myself.  I have seen rocks from in incredible shapes, but it was done by water or some type of erosion.  And unless someone can speak rabbit or if there are foxes left from their old home, I don't think we can get any answers from them."
  Featherfur Crater.  This land was once part of fox territory, but Nardir never kicked them out.  It was polite and terse at the same time with communications.  When the foxes faded from their home a year or so ago, Adolph couldn't help feeling bad that the pack may had played a part in it.  With the exception of Ticon and Buckshot, Adolph was sure the other wolves missed the reference.

At the thought of splitting up, he looked at the frowning girl.  Could she look any closer to Storm?  He made his way over to her, keeping his face neutral to not annoy her any further.  She was mouthy--hopefully she wouldn't be that way to him.

"My name is Adolph, Buckshot's father.  Mind if I join you?"
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 07:04:22 PM by Pawprint/Adolph »

Characters

New Profiles Needed
"You" ...she has no name

Offline Pawprint/Adolph

• Master
  • 10% Sweet Tea
    • DA Website
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »
OOC: DONE!

Characters

New Profiles Needed
"You" ...she has no name

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Hero
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 11:41:52 PM »
Arik listened intently with his black ears perked up while Ticon was speaking about how many times he might have missed this place. Honestly Arik would have missed it entirely if he hadn't moved off to enjoy his rabbit and think. It was expertly hidden and hardly noticeable unless you were looking at it from afar. Ticon also had a very good point about humans having a touch in this, Nardir was littered with old stone human places. Wouldn't be too far fetched to think that humans would do this... but... why? This wasn't some hut or cottage, this wasn't a long ago tower fallen and crumbling, this wasn't some kind of fence penning an ancient animal or garden in.

He had stared at the stones distantly as he thought but turned to Iris when she spoke up about the true location of the graveyard. Interesting how she knew exactly what it looked like and where it was... He felt a silent tug, telling him there was definitely more to her story there.
"Good, not a graveyard then." He let his gaze linger on her for a moment trying to peer into that deeper story for a moment. She certainly seemed to be paying him far more attention than any of the others were. Was this actual infatuation or was this some kind of joke and she was playing with him, trying to be funny?

Then Adolph spoke up about rabbits and foxes. Actually Arik could see maybe foxes be a part of this, the fox he came across once was extremely strange and did weird things with stones.
"So maybe humans or foxes." He said turning back to the tumbled white and gray stones. "I can actually imagine foxes doing something like this." Or anyone with strange otherworldly customs.

Iris was the first to volunteer to be his partner. No surprise really but it gave him pause. He looked around and saw that they were pairing up, three small groups. He turned back to Iris.

She didn't seem like Kyra, but Kyra's early attentions were all he had experienced before now and Kyra's attentions were far more... uh... forceful. He had learned to curb that woman's attention away from him by flat out ignoring her and pretending she didn't exist. This was... far more... innocent? He wished his father Blackstripe were around to tell him how he had handled this stuff.

She mentioned how this place might be marked for them to find something special. "Yeah. One moment I'm just going to make sure everyone has a plan first."
She was welcome to tail him as he went from group to group. He wanted to make sure Adolph and the... uh blue girl... huh get her name too... maybe had an easy job.
"Hey. Adolph, and... I'm sorry, I never got your name?" If she offered it to him he would duck his head in a proper polite greeting before continuing, "Why don't you guys stay up high among the hills? It seems like it's easier to see from afar and maybe you can spot some other formations like this or other weird anomalies in the area. Keep an eye out for good spots for the rabbit holes too. Maybe you guys can see if there's a reason it's HERE instead of somewhere else." He offered. Oh maybe the old guy didn't have that great of eyesight? He didn't want to assume though. He hoped it would be a good assignment to keep Adolph's elder status and ease of movement in mind. Something he didn't have to go hunting for.

He glanced to see if Iris was still with him, she probably was, but he wanted to make sure she knew he hadn't forgotten about her. She seemed to be the one that was more in tune with the Mother than the others, especially from her suggestions.

"Hey Buckshot and Ticon." He said as he approached them, hopefully he was doing well on his assignment. Would it be ok to give his mentor an assignment? "I thought it would be a good idea if you guys looked for herbs since you suggested it? I think Iris and I are going to talk about the potential why's to this place. I'm wondering if there's some specific spiritual reason for it." If Buckshot gave the ok, or even offered him a different direction for his own assignment, Arik would dip his head in assent and nod for Iris to finally follow him.

When they were finally on their own for a moment, he felt himself get very drained. Talking to so many people was exhausting, but he didn't want to let his guard down around Iris yet either. Should he confront her about this... attention or now that they're on their own maybe they could really deliberate about the reasons for these stones?
"So Iris? What do you think?" He asked shrugging and nodding to the stones. What kind of something special could even be here? He was very interested in the depth of her beliefs, wondering how well they meshed or not with his own.

((OOC: So does everyone want a rundown about what they Should or Could find? Some kind of random success generator about how successful they are at finding things? Do you want a list of potential things? Or do you all want free reign to find what you want? I'm pretty particular to the last one. :) ))

Offline Charley

• Healer
  • Hero
  • Wokka wokka O.o
    • DA-foxflightly
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2017, 05:18:48 PM »
((Ticon's turn!))

Offline Sekirei

• I'm only happy...
  • Hero
  • when it Reigns.
    • My DeviantART page
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »
Ticon wondered if Arik was going to be bothered by Iris's obvious interest but decided that he could handle himself. He just hoped Arik could handle her. As he separated a bit from the group to look at the place on his own, he came to the conclusion that Arik wouldn't go for a girl like Iris as it were. He didn't want to speak for either party but that was just his observation. Arik seemed reserved and easily overwhelmed. Iris had all the makings of thinking she was owed something. Still, Ticon was content to ignore and be ignored if no one wanted to bother with him. His heart was set on that beautiful ray of sunshine that was Stella.

He started combing the area for potential herbs for Sara, an equally beautiful she-wolf with a heart to match. Ticon chuckled to himself. He would be lying if he said he never thought Sara a potential mate for himself but as it was, he wisely chose to never let that idea grow any further. Not only did it not feel right, given who he looked like, but Ticon probably would've made things harder on everyone else because at the time, they were aggrieved at X's passing and full on shocked when Ticon came to the pack specifically looking for them. That's why he had gravitated to Alana so strongly and to Stella when his interest shifted to her. Sara was a good friend, almost a sister at this point. Ticon shared in the family duty of keeping her safe and he was doing his own duty in helping the family with anything they needed. A gentle breeze flowed through the area, making the young dire pause and stare out into the distance. "Is that you, X?" he mused. The monochrome wolf had never laid eyes on X himself but he could almost see him standing there looking at him. Identical, save for his eyes and his size.

"I wonder... he muttered to himself as he continued to scour the area. It started nagging him the moment he set foot in this place. What if the crow who led him here wasn't a mortal crow? What if he was a messenger from the Father of Wolves, who told him about the Clan and X specifically, giving him the idea of traveling to Nardir and entering their service? What if it was Mother Moon? What if they co-existed but the X Clan's legends acknowledged only one of the two? Breaking from his reverie, Ticon shook his head. Doubt started creeping in and this beautiful place suddenly seemed less welcoming. If there were spirits here, they would know his heart and his hesitance to put his faith in anything. Who knows? Maybe he was overthinking things and the feeling would pass?
Character Bin

Offline Kimster

• Hero
  • back with a bang
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2017, 02:09:39 AM »
"Hey. Adolph, and... I'm sorry, I never got your name?" The other big one asked her. Shimmah managed to mumble something slightly coherent, at his polite nod of greeting her eyes nearly bugged out. Wow. So maybe all these guys here weren't so bad after all?

"Why don't you guys stay up high among the hills? It seems like it's easier to see from afar and maybe you can spot some other formations like this or other weird anomalies in the area. Keep an eye out for good spots for the rabbit holes too. Maybe you guys can see if there's a reason it's HERE instead of somewhere else."

Hey? What now? She and...uhh..oh the old wolf! Um. Ok. Secretly she was relieved, if all else failed at least she knew she could easily run away from the old codger. Her ears perked up when he mentioned that foxes used to be around here. She rather liked foxes. Not that she'd actually met one but she'd seen a lot of dead ones...err.. ew no let's pause that thought right there.

"My name is Adolph, Buckshot's father.  Mind if I join you?"

Shimmah gulped as he'd suddenly drew nearer while she'd been deep in thought. Bickshut...whut? Who was that? Oh right the other guy that'd fallen over his own feet. The funny one. The female glared upwards at the older male - even he dwarfed her. But she liked his eyes - he had kind eyes. She blew her long fringe out of the way so that one green eye looked up at him, and answered:

"Well we kinda got lumped together but that's ok my name's Shimmah pleased to meet you Adolphwastherereallyfoxeshere?..." she almost stumbled over her words in eagerness, and then remembered she was supposed to be shy - no! Not shy! Intimidating! That's right. She snapped her mouth shut and waited to see what the other would do.