Author Topic: Good, the bad and the ugly (OPEN)  (Read 299 times)

Offline Savari (SutZ)

• Suterusu
  • Hero
  • I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute
    • My status
    • DA account
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 11
Good, the bad and the ugly (OPEN)
« on: June 22, 2017, 04:32:53 AM »
((OOC: My poor boy has been out of the loop for so long and I have come back to roleplay him again! Over all my characters, Cay is my favourite and always will be.))

With a small feeling of unease, Cay lowered his body into the cold water. Despite the years gone by, he had never fully gotten used to the idea of submerging his body in water, but at least, with help of his king, it was no longer a nightmare. The afternoon had been a warm one and the dust hung heavy in the air from those who moved along the dusty ground. It had been a while since Cay had this freedom to himself. Even though his cubs had grown and started their own lives, his mate had grown sick and weak. Most of his time had been spent bringing her food and water in an attempt to strengthen her. As time went on she had regained some of her strength but spent a lot of her time sleeping. Cay used moments like these to stretch his legs and wonder the lands.

His time caring for his mate had put a serious strain on his role in the pride and at times he felt anxious about what his role would be in the new system the pride had introduced. Time had gone by and he was no longer as young as when he had first joined. However, it did not mean he was old, weak and unable to protect his family.

Stepping out of the water he shook as much of the horrid liquid off his body and he could. He would need to either find a rock to lie on or some grass. The grey saber was in no mood to get his coat all muddy after having just rinsed it off. He walked for a few minutes before coming across a patch of grass under an old tree. With a flop he let his great body fall to the floor where he lay, not sleeping, but more lost in a dream of when his cubs had been young and playful, when his mate was strong and all had seemed right in his world. A small smile crept up onto his face as he reminisced.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 04:35:09 AM by SutZ »

Click for my Character Bin

Offline Nexys

• Leader
  • Master
  • Warrior Chief of StoneClaw(Post count 279)
  • Liked: 37
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Good, the bad and the ugly (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:04:27 PM »
"I never thought I'd see you in water." Nexys said as he leaned against a nearby tree, emerald eyes cast on his old gray friend. Frankly, he wasn't completely certain how Cay managed to find them in the forest, or how he got past the borders.... or well... he could understand that. There was only him and Alaina watching the borders and they simply weren't enough, even for their relatively small entry space. The cliffs to the ocean helped some, and the mountains on the other side, but the two of them weren't enough. It made Nexys realize that he needed to do something about filling in the ranks. But now was not the time to think of such things. He had a friend to greet.

Nexys took a place beside Cay, enjoying the sun on his pelt where it filtered down between the trees above. Not many places in the forest could allow for so much sun, but around the rivers and lakes, the trees grew far enough apart for the sun to come thru to the forest floor. The King closed his eyes in gentle relaxation as he rested with his friend, the sounds of the river and the birds joining together in a perfect song of nature.

"It's good to see you again and yet I must ask... where have you been, my friend? It's been far too long since I've seen you about." Nexys said calmy, his eyes locked on Cay's. Not that he assumed the male had been up to anything wrong, he was still as certain to Cay's loyalty as he had been the last time he saw him. He just wanted to know what had kept him under the radar all this time...

Played by BlackRabbit since 2010

Offline Savari (SutZ)

• Suterusu
  • Hero
  • I don’t suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute
    • My status
    • DA account
  • Liked: 51
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Good, the bad and the ugly (OPEN)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:13:43 AM »
"I never thought I'd see you in water."

The voice had startled Cay. It had come from the last saber he had expected to meet at that moment. His absence around the pride had left him ashamed and meeting his king made him feel the so even more.

“I guess time has made me a tough old saber,” he replied. His eyes flittered up to Nexys and then back down. Cay did not know what to expect, was he to be welcomed back? Or would he be cast out due to his absence? As he walked out the water he bowed his head in respect to the king.

“My apologies. I should greet first before speaking.”

Cay had walked over to a spot under a tree and noted this large sabre following him. He closed his eyes and heard Nexys lay close by. His heart beating slightly faster as he wondered when the expected words would appear. A slight breeze blew across his fur, slowly ridding it of the liquid he so despised.

"It's good to see you again and yet I must ask... where have you been, my friend? It's been far too long since I've seen you about."

He opened his eyes and lifted his head to those words. Here they were, the words he was expecting. He took a deep breath and then responded.

“My mate. She has taken ill.” His blue eyes returned the stare to Nexys. “For many months she could barely move further then the den before her body gave in. We had hoped with time she would improve. Finding food was tough and she couldn’t hunt even the smallest rodent, “ he stopped and looked back down at the ground. He knew his reason for not fulfilling his duty might not be the best but it was all he had. “I hunted for her and brought her water with a leaf. Lately she has been able to get up and wander further but her body has gotten weak.”

The thought of what time would do to his mate ate at his heart. If things did not get better then he would soon have to expect the worst.

“Nexys… I am sorry for my absence. No words can express how sorry I am. My mind was fogged with worry and fear. Never before have I let emotions cloud my vision as they have done since her illness.”

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:14:20 AM by SutZ »

Click for my Character Bin