Author Topic: Quick and dirty "Gemini Ghosts and YOU"  (Read 770 times)

Offline Witch

• Leader
  • Hero
  • You can still call me Rip it's ok I swear
    • Deviantart account
  • Liked: 8758
  • Likes Given: 7823
Quick and dirty "Gemini Ghosts and YOU"
« on: June 07, 2017, 07:47:01 PM »
This can serve as a fast memo for paranormal stuff in Gemini while we're working on redoing the ooc guidelines. Here's a write up Rhiow did after we finished our Coronation Day plot:

Also, and I figure this is the best place for this now, but to address the questions and inquiries that have come up (as the writing itself can be a bit dense or vague at times), here's a very quick n dirty FAQ! If you have any other questions I would be happy to address them.

So you like... created an afterlife?
YEP! But this is simply our version of where our characters went where they died. This particular slice of the beyond is a place we call the Far Shore. We do intend to world build it so I won't spoil any of that right now. That said, this is simply one interpretation of what happens when your characters die. It is, of course, completely subjective. If this particular concept is one you like, we WELCOME you to use it. But it's not the only place. It's not even the only interpretation of this particular place. For some, maybe there isn't a place at all. It's up to you. Don't let your creativity be limited!

You alluded to characters on the shore. Does that mean they're there?
The lines implying there were old forum characters on the shore were meant more as a nod towards the great and impactful stories of the Forum Past. Yes, they were written in with specific characters in mind, but I deliberately wrote "You think you recognize some old faces." We did not intend to post a list of names to go along with those glimpses into those other stories. That said, Gemini Chat had a lot of fun guessing who we were talking about and they named them all! That list can be found here. And it's by no means complete. There are so many amazing stories that we did not mention. Could have gone on forever!

That said, we respect all of these individual storylines, and if you would prefer the line about your character not to be included, we will happily remove it.

Okay but like... ghosts?
Ghosts are something that have always been on the forum. Like with the afterlife (or lack thereof), there are open to the individual player's interpretation. I will say that any thread directly involving ghosts in Gemini (to my knowledge) has been events that were communicated and planned ahead of time between the players involved. There is no requirement to participate in this aspect of our continuously evolving world and nobody will force you to. Gemini's ghosts are real, but they're only as real as you make them.

But what are the ghosts?
For some they are hallucinations. For some they are the manifestation of their own internalized negative energy. For some they are dreams. And for some, they are real, true, actual spirits. The level at which you interact with the characters who have passed is entirely up to you. For some, they are nothing at all. Communication has always been the biggest underlying rule, theme, and creed in Gemini. Do not haunt or interact with somebody else without clearing it with them. Do not have your character be haunted or interacting with the spirit of a deceased character without running it by their player.

Here's a good thread to help you get started.

Wait so like is Tauro king of the dead now?
Tauro made friends with a lot of cool people in the afterlife! Who can blame him. There are a lot of cool people there. Again, this is but a single interpretation, and in it, Tauro has his army in the form of lost souls found. That doesn't mean that all dead characters are launched straight into servitude. There are so many possibilities and branching story lines and it would be not only rude but completely impossible for me or anyone to insist that there is only one way that's correct. Write your own story. What lies at the end is up to you.

But, you know, if you'd like to use this idea, again, you are completely welcome to it!

Explain covfefe.
Gemini chat, honestly, I don't know what you want from me.

---

And, uh, I'll have to actually look through threads later and see if there's anything I need to add to the chapters Rip laid out. Hope this explains some things!

Our rules are the same as was discussed a while ago, with a couple additions, and it's worth noting that ghosts/paranormal stuff was always on IDS. We just said "maybe it's migraines lol". Which, I mean, you're welcome to still say if you want.

To break it down,

- Don't haunt or interact with anyone you haven't preplanned with
- Don't have someone else's dead character haunt yours without the players permission
- Don't powerplay or god mode without permission
- Don't use them to gain ic knowledge without permission from everyone involved (Kariya is now a ghost and but cannot know about Alteron's evil Voldermort schemes and relay them to Serrate)
- Adhere to the world building we've done or don't, it's up to you. The afterlife and ghosts are subjective and are as real as you want them to be.
- Do not force anyone to abide by paranormal stuff happening around them (Everything in Gemini is optional and can also be interpreted in several ways. If you don't want your character to see ghosts or be affected by the hellhound curse, they don't see ghosts or aren't affected by the hellhound curse).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 07:48:01 PM by Witch »

Offline Blondie

• Hero
    • My status
  • Liked: 1605
  • Likes Given: 2760
Re: Quick and dirty "Gemini Ghosts and YOU"
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 08:09:55 PM »
Amen can finally be a true Ghost Hunter and failed exorcist, bless

Offline Witch

• Leader
  • Hero