Author Topic: Splish Splash [Skylar]  (Read 383 times)

Offline Genim

• Gemini
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 0
Splish Splash [Skylar]
« on: May 13, 2017, 07:59:41 PM »
 Having noticed earlier in the day that he wasn't being watched all that closely, well, Genim had decided to follow the random outburst of 'must adventure' and headed off with a giggling snort to himself. And so, after what felt like ages worth of walking, he would arrive at the overgrown pools. A somewhat scary proposition if he were being honest since there was after all water all around him. Everywhere. Okay, okay, don't worry about it. Nothing's going to get you...

But steeling himself with a purposeful roll of his shoulders the youth would press forward toward the shallowest of the faerie pools and give them his best judgemental stare down. Only after what he considered to be careful consideration would Genim decide to go closer to them. Yeah, his head would bob in a nod to himself, they looked safe enough (surely no monster could fit in water that shallow) and with a childish cackle he would slap his paws into the water splashing it about wildly. This was good, and fun, and oooooh what's that thing?! It was unremarkable in color, flat, and all kinds of cool looking. And his, don't forget that, it would all be his...as soon as he could get his grubby little paws on it anyway.

Soon, soon Nim would have it. Just a little. Bit. Farther. Paws outstretched as far as he could get them the boy would swipe for it once more (what do you mean he could just walk across to get it, don't be silly) only for his back feet to lose their footing and send him crashing forward. "Ewww!" He would proclaim rather loudly as a drops of water and bits of who knows what landed in his fur ruining a so far awesome morning. Scrambling his way out of the water a pout and smack of his free paw would follow; the triumph of having managed to snag his prize pushed aside by the rather wet situation he now found himself in.
Genim
Played by Tanta

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 34
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Splish Splash [Skylar]
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 09:26:12 PM »
Yeah they weren't being watched all that closely. Momma had gone off to work or do other Momma things, and that left Skylar and his siblings to do their own thing. For the most part that meant he was on his own (unless him and Maia went on adventures, now those were super fun!!), so that was what he was expecting today as well. He had already wandered off a bit, laying in the grass with a cricket hanging out on his head and a butterfly using his flank as a resting post. Typical flower boy to have bugs on him without fear of retaliation.

It was the sight of his brother Genim walking by with a purpose!! that made him intrigued enough to move from his resting spot. "Where's Nim going?" he asked the butterfly, though all the flying creature did was fly away when he stood up. Oh well, no response from the butterfly. But it had the right idea! Moving forward, he went to follow Genim to wherever he was going. Another thought occurred to him though. What if Genim didn't want him to know? Skylar decided the right move was to be sneaky! He would try to follow his brother without being seen!

So now he was crawling through the tall grass, more than likely making just as much noise as before as he attempted to sneak around to see where his brother was going. Every so often he'd peek over the tall grass (it was hard to see otherwise) to check on Genim's progress, and he almost lost sight of him a few times. At one point he actually did, and Skylar looked disappointed. Maybe Anky can teach him to be sneaky, too. He let go of his pretenses to be stealthy and began walking around to see where his sibling had gotten off to. He sniffed around, only to manage to hear his brother instead.

"Ewww!" Skylar saw him just as he splashed into one of the faerie pools. Had he fallen in? Immediately the pup was bounding over to Genim, tail wagging but also concerned for his sibling. "Nim! NIM!" he called out as he approached, coming over to where his brother was just getting out of the pool. "You okay?" Unless Genim downright slapped him away, Skylar would nose him over and lick his face with little whines to make sure his brother was okay. Once satisfied he was all in one piece and not melting away, the cheery pup would step back with tail wagging.

"Whatcha up to? Didja drop somethin'?" He looked to the pool Genim had fallen into, but could see nothing that maybe his sibling had dropped into the water. Did he want to catch a fish maybe, like Anky did? The mystery still hung there while he waited to see what his brother had to say. At least he was okay, which made Skylar happy.

-=played by Moons since 03/01/2017=-

Offline Genim

• Gemini
  • Initiate
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 06:11:29 PM »
He should've been happy, despite the accident, because look he'd gotten the thing! And maybe if things had gone differently his unhappy expression would've turned to one of elation but alas, the boy was to find he wasn't alone and that just wasn't okay. Genim didn't want to be known for silly things like falling over trying to get something potentially just as silly; he wanted to be known for being awesome instead. He couldn't really be all that angry though (even if he wanted to be) so with a resigned tucking in of wet shoulders he'd begrudgingly accept his siblings licks with an, "I'm alright." Just super embarrassed...

Did he drop...What would he have even had to drop? "No, I saw something in the water..." And though somewhat unwilling to show off his catch even to Skylar the youth would ever so slowly slide his paw forward and after a split second's debate lift his foot getting his own first real look at the stone. It really wasn't much to look at, and probably anything but impressive for most others, but to Genim it was perfect. "I know it's just a rock but," his words would trail off with a fain blush just visible beneath the light fur of his cheeks as he shrugged as though that would explain everything. And to him it did in a way.

Then out of nowhere a thought would hit him and his expression would turn somewhat more curious, "What are you doing up here?" Maybe Skylar knew something he didn't about the pools and that had led 'em there and if that was the case, well, Genim wanted to know about it too.
Genim
Played by Tanta

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 09:54:03 PM »
Skylar checked on his brother, like the good sibling he was, and wagged his tail at realizing Genim was okay. He wasn't worried over his brother's fall, nor did he think it was embarrassing. He had bigger concerns like the safety of his brother. "I'm alright." He was reassured over the licks he gave Genim to make sure he was okay. "Tha's good!" Skylar yipped happily, tail a blur behind him. "Wanna make shure ya didn't get hurt~" Like he always did when one of his siblings was in trouble.

"No, I saw something in the water..." In the water? Light blue eyes turned to the faerie pool, peering into the shimmering water. His view was mostly blocked by Genim himself, but then he was moving and lifting his paws off the pond floor. They were really pretty rocks! Skylar's gaze lit up at seeing the bright rocks, realizing this was likely what made Genim so enthusiastic to come over. Maybe he wanted to get one? "i know it's just a rock but..." his brother's voice trailed off, and the star child looked to his sibling with a tilted head. "But they're pwetty rocks!" he chirped happily.

It was what Genim wanted, right?

"Let's getcha one!" With that the pup waded into the pool, enjoying the cool water as it swirled around him. Skylar has been enjoying swimming ever since his lessons with Anky. "What are you doing up here?" Hm? The perky pup looked at his brother. "Saw ya ov'r here, so I fig'red I'd come see whatcha up to," he explained honestly. "A'sides, I also like to try swimmin' in the pools." It was refreshing to do so.

He turned his gaze back to the current dilemma at their feet (literally) and his tail wagged, spreading droplets of water. "So which stone do ya want, 'Nim?" He wanted to help his brother. Genim looked upset, and Skylar wanted to make him happy again. "I'll help ya get it. And it'll be alllll yours~" He glanced at Genim, smiling at him to try and get him to smile too. He was being honest about his proposal, and hopefully that would make his brother feel better. That's all the bright boy wanted, after all. He wanted no more sad faces.

Offline Genim

• Gemini
  • Initiate
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 07:40:53 PM »
Needless to say Nim wasn't completely sure he really got the need to check, after all, "It'd be my own fault if I did." 'Cause he was the one who chose to do things the hard way, but then again he'd have probably asked too if their positions were reversed. That was just being family he guessed. That was neither here nor there, however, since no one was hurt and all was right in the word for the time being.

"You really think so?" Genim couldn't help but ask as though it was hard to believe that someone else might actually see what he did, but if anyone could it had to be family. Right? "Maybe," despite everything he was still somewhat hesitant to say it, "you can find one you like too?" Ya know, if Skylar really like them enough to that is. But hey, maybe rocks were just a him thing; Nim didn't know.

And wait just a minute there, that sounded a lot like..."Were you following me?" That was just, just, ugh! At that a paw would come up to rub as his muzzle regardless of the grit he was spreading around his face as he did so. There was nothing to do about it now though, after all it wasn't like he could go back in time and make sure he wasn't being followed and it wasn't like Skylar had really interrupted anything important. Then Nim's nose would wrinkle up in distaste, "You actually like to swim in these things?" the question punctuated with a halfhearted smack of a paw at the surface of the offending pool in question. That was just...nope. No thanks, he'd be passing on that one.

But if he was offering to brave the terrible thing for him, well, then Genim wasn't going to turn that down! Peering forward, nose almost but not quite close enough to touch the surface, the pup would wave a leg with a small smile tugging at his lips toward chipped up little thing in the midst of more perfect rocks, "Ya think you can gets that one?"
Genim
Played by Tanta

Offline Skylar

• Local happy camper~
  • Gemini
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 05:18:51 PM »
"It'd be my own fault if I did." Well yeah, that kinda made logical sense, but Skylar still wanted to make sure! "Still!" he chirped, lifting his tail up in his certainty. He'd always check on his siblings even if it was their own faults. That didn't matter to him. As long as they were okay, he could dispel any guilt they had about what they did. Even if it was to himself. But like it was said, they were both alright and that was the end of it.

The topic moved on to the rocks that Genim liked a lot. "You really think so?" Skylar nodded eagerly, without hesitation. He definitely agreed that the rocks were pretty! "Uh-huh!" Didn't Genim believe him? "Maybe you can find one you like too?" Oh, that thought hadn't occurred to the boy. Tilting his head, he thought about it for only a moment before he grinned and nodded. "YEAH! That would be awesome~" he agreed, looking down at the pool of water again. "But let's find yours first!" Genim was the one who had brought up the idea first, after all!

Then the next question. "Were you following me?" Skylar paused at this, ears falling a little against his head. "Uh... I guess yeah, I was followin' ya," he said sheepishly, looking at his brother apologetically. Was that such a bad thing? "Should I not follow ya?" He truly had just wanted to see what Genim had been up to, maybe even help him out if needed. Not be in his business... "You actually like to swim in these things?" At this the star child perked up again, grinning. Boy Skylar, it's surprising you don't get emotional whiplash. "Yeah! Swimmin' is fun! You should try it one day!"

Genim leaned forward then, to look for his chosen little rock. "Ya thank you can gets that one?" Following his gaze, Skyar spotted which one he meant. It had a little chip on it, like it had been through something. Sounded good to him! "One pwetty rock comin' up!" And with that he waded further into the pond and took a deep breath, pushing his head in to go look for it. He had placed a paw on it for reference and felt around for it with his teeth, scooping it into his mouth before resurfacing his head. Turning to Genim, he approached the shore and dropped it in front of him. "There it is!"

The rock had the chip as requested, but he noticed it also had a pretty red streak running down the middle of it, and it made Skylar's tail wag. He went back to the pond, light blue eyes searching until he found his target. Dipping once again into the pool, he picked up one in particular and brought it back. It wasn't chipped like the one Genim wanted, but this one had a similar red streak running down the middle of it. "Lookie! One for me! Now we have Brother Rocks!" He beamed at his brother, hoping he liked the idea as much as Skylar did.

It was a cool present to share, after all.

Offline Genim

• Gemini
  • Initiate
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 06:44:35 PM »
So, things had started to turn kind of awkward for the boy (at least in his mind anyway, though he certainly didn't show any hint of it on the outside). And hey, let's be honest here most things involving himself seemed at least a little awkward in Genim's mind, but he could put that behind him easily enough for now. Kind of easily? Either way the answer was simple - look at nothing and just stop over thinking everything.

" 'K!" He could totally get behind getting his stuff first though. It was, after all, part of why he was in this dripping mess anyway so he deserved to get something out of it (first or second, or eventually; Nim could really deal with any order he guessed). Aha! He knew it, not really of course but he was going to let himself pretend he knew he was being followed because why not? The question, however, would catch him just the littlest bit off guard and for a split second the boy would splutter before finally giving a slow answer of, "I guess you can?" Just cause family, but really...

Genim would shrug and swipe his paws back and forth a little in front of himself, "Some people might not like being followed though. I coulda been doin' secret things," like...Okay, so he didn't really know what secret things he'd be doing but there could've been things! And/or stuff! But, oh no, his eyes would all but bug out of his head at the suggestion of him actually swimming. "Nooooo," nope, nu-uh. "But," his expression was one of horror though likely far more exaggerated than it had any right to be, "what if there's things down there? And, and, you can't see them 'cause they're under the water!" What if one of them got eaten?!

Calm down, 'Nim would tell himself, Skylar was right there and not eaten so it was alright. "Oh," the boy would inch his way close enough offer a nose boop in return for the rock, "thank you!" And there was no doubt he was thoroughly taken by the idea of brother rocks as he grinned back, "Bestest brother rocks ever!" And after a moment of thought he would suddenly ask, "Have you seen any other cool places around here?"
Genim
Played by Tanta