Author Topic: and in a city it's a pity cos we just can't hide [acceptance]  (Read 750 times)

Offline Nihilist

• Regular
  • 'cause i'm selfish; i'm obscene.
  • Liked: 241
  • Likes Given: 299
What he had might have passed for a gittern and he might have passed for sober. Strumming, Amadeus kept astride the surprisingly docile rhino which had, equally impressively, tolerated him being a top her wide, fat back. That was, of course, until the cow suddenly spooked. Taken off guard, the man found himself on his side but thankfully not on top of his stringed instrument. That would have been ugly. It was so tough to find silk to make the strings, and he couldn’t carve worth a flip. It had been about a year since he’d seen another human; he didn’t wanna press his luck with how long it would be until he found another carpenter.

Rubbing his rump, the man stretched and stood, grunting before immediately beginning to hum. Scooping up his four string and placing it across his back, he surveyed where he’d landed.

Well, it was certainly burnt out. Looked like a forest fire had run through rather fiercely, too! Ha—that was a good one. If only he’d said it aloud. If only there was someone to listen.

As unbothered as usual, Amadeus walked forward through the Black Plains. It wasn’t as if he was trying to keep himself hidden. Rather, by being loud, he had every intention of giving everything that wanted to avoid him a chance to avoid him. The snakes? They could go ahead and slither out of his way. Coyotes weren’t too fond of hunting nothing this loud, either. As far as he figured, there was nothing to lose with a few tunes everywhere he went. So, hum he did, as he walked towards Stoneclaw.

so stoneclaw has the whole "myth and music" thing in their description right

and, the lights, they glow
like i just lost the world war.
and, the scene slips away
to the evenness i fake.

Offline Nexys

• Leader
  • Master
  • Warrior Chief of StoneClaw(Post count 279)
  • Liked: 37
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: and in a city it's a pity cos we just can't hide [acceptance]
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 04:57:52 PM »
Nexys stood silent and still at the edge of the Black Plains, his nubby tail twitching as he watched the human approach. His dear sister had run off the last human that had showed up at the border, but Nexys wasn't really sure why. A human with no weapon was of no danger to them. So Nexys watched, and wondered what to do next. It was walking toward the forest and would soon be in the main area of the pride. There would be no choice but to address the situation if the creature got that close.

In the shadows of the trees, Nexys made a decision. The human could join them. For a little while at least. The houses the felines lived in weren't in good shape and none of them knew how to repair them, or reinforce them for the weight of large cats. The human could prove useful. But how to approach without frightening it off, or putting it in fight mode?

Calmly, slowly, Nexys emerged from the forest and neared the human cautiously. Did humans even speak like them? Nexys hadn't ever been close enough to one to know. He guessed it would all come to light soon enough.

"Human..." He said. If the creature could understand him, it would be fine. If not, who knows how the thing would respond.

Played by BlackRabbit since 2010

Offline Nihilist

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 01:54:19 AM »
The cat approached him. Well, the big cat. The really big cat. Honestly, that thing’s head was about even with Amadeus’s. He might have felt small, but he was kind of short for a human, anyway. So, he didn’t react too strongly. In fact, he waved as the cat approached. It wasn’t hunting him, after all; or, if it was, it was a crapshoot of a hunter for approaching him from the front.

Also, a little rude.

“Hey, pal,” the musician started up, flipping his bang a bit. It fell right back into place, covering an eye. “I don’t, like, call you by what you are. S’a little rude, ain’t it?”

And, there it was: Amadeus’s casual, chummy manner. He didn’t take a defensive posture, but he was clearly a little offended. But, without waiting for an apology, he shrugged it off. It was rather hard to get Amadeus down.

“Aw… S’alright. Just, like, call me by my name. It’s Amadeus, by the way. What’s yours?” He looked around, noting there were no others. Weird. Didn’t saber tooth tigers travel in packs? … Or, was it prides? No, no, prides were for lions! But, did that mean saber tooth tigers were alone… “Anyways, what’s up? Ya just bein’ nosy? Am I in yer huntin’ grounds? Don’t freak or nothin’, I’m a greenie. The worst you’ll get outta me is some tunes, but I’m real considerate,” he assured. “I don’t even play if the sun ain’t up. Unless someone asks me to. Or, there’s a party.”

to the evenness i fake.

Offline Nexys

• Leader
  • Master
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 05:35:11 PM »
Nexys glared suspiciously at the human, unsure of what to do with it. They lived in the homes of humans, long abandoned, but he never had any dealings with them and didn't even know what it was capable of. The creature seemed to be flailing its arm about in a strange fashion and Nexys paused at the movement. What was it doing and what was that supposed to mean?

“Hey, pal, I don’t, like, call you by what you are. S’a little rude, ain’t it?”

The saber's lip pulled around his fangs, a spark of anger flashed in his eyes. Rude? This human didn't know where he was apparently. But the King took the high ground, licking his nose to hide the faint snarl. He simply breathed and calmed himself, standing at his full height. Let the thing attack him if it wanted, it stood little chance with no weapon.

"I can't call you a name if I don't know it... you could be considered rude for your brash comment...you would call me what I was without knowing my name." Nexys stated dryly. "I didn't even know humans could talk." He said.

“Aw… S’alright. Just, like, call me by my name. It’s Amadeus, by the way. What’s yours?”

Nexys hesitated only a moment before answering the man. "My name is Nexys, King of Obsidian Clan and Ruler of Stoneclaw..." He stated proudly. "Where have you come from Amadeus and where are you going?"

“Anyways, what’s up? Ya just bein’ nosy? Am I in yer huntin’ grounds? Don’t freak or nothin’, I’m a greenie. The worst you’ll get outta me is some tunes, but I’m real considerate, I don’t even play if the sun ain’t up. Unless someone asks me to. Or, there’s a party.”

"I'm a King, I'm not nosy." Nexys' tail twitched but he let it go. "As you can see, there is no hunting here. These plains are nothing but ash. These Plains are still under the control of my pride, but we allow travelers to cross through and visit.... some even trade information for goods. So tell me Amadeus... why have you come?"

Offline Nihilist

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 06:34:27 PM »
He noted the glaring and avoided eye contact, smiling nervously. Was the cat pissed? Amadeus, then, realized why. This cat was king. Like, a real king. The kind with guards and a court and power. He laughed nervously.

“Right, King Nexys, uh, right, right.” He had to answer to authority. He hated answering to authority. They always wanted reasons and a purpose, but he honestly just wanted to eat a cabbage and try to keep in time with a brook. “I’m, uh, between gigs.” He gestured in the air, jade jewelry and polished wood bangles gleaming. “Ain’t performed since, uh…”

He scratched the back of his head.

“Well, crap, man—uh, I mean. Your majesty… Highness? Your royal highness?” What the hell was he supposed to call this guy? “King Nexys? I ain’t performed since, like, there was this big black out cloud. The sun didn’t come up for, like, ever! After that… I guess my old hang outs got smoked out. Don’t worry none, don’t worry none! My little kids made it.” He tilted his head. “I think most of ‘em did. I know an ole baby daddy of mine ain't kickin' no more.” He wasn’t a good dad, exactly.

“Anyways… Uh, I guess I’m mostly tryna survive for a bit until I get my next gig. It’s been a while since I sang for my meals, and lemme tell ya, fella, hoof travel food? Sucks!” He recalled, once again, that he was talking to a king. “Not, that, uh, you wanted to know what us greenies eat, ehehe…”

ooc: guess whomst back finally

to the evenness i fake.

Offline Nexys

• Leader
  • Master
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 07:24:33 PM »
“Right, King Nexys, uh, right, right. I’m, uh, between gigs.Ain’t performed since, uh…Well, crap, man—uh, I mean. Your majesty… Highness? Your royal highness? King Nexys? I ain’t performed since, like, there was this big black out cloud. The sun didn’t come up for, like, ever! After that… I guess my old hang outs got smoked out. Don’t worry none, don’t worry none! My little kids made it. I think most of ‘em did. I know an ole baby daddy of mine ain't kickin' no more.”

Nexys cocked his head at the human. He had no idea what in the hell the human was talking about. Well, he sort of knew. One part was abundantly clear, this human had seen the eruption. "Yes... I recall that cloud. I waited for my subjects to return from an ally pack and saw the reddening of the sky in the distance. I can't say for sure what it was, but I'd only seen that once before. When the Red Mountain erupted and changed the old lands of Stoneclaw." Emerald eyes scanned the blackened plains and it occurred to him; these plains had burned before. They had scorched and the earth itself had shifted. And still, they remained. The King smiled to himself for reasons only he could understand.

“Anyways… Uh, I guess I’m mostly tryna survive for a bit until I get my next gig. It’s been a while since I sang for my meals, and lemme tell ya, fella, hoof travel food? Sucks! Not, that, uh, you wanted to know what us greenies eat, ehehe…”

The King shook his head with a small chuckle. "No. Greenies? I eat things that eat green..." He shifted his eyes back up to the human. "Are you suggesting playing for a meal? If that's the case, I can't say there's anything we have that you would want. However, there might be something we want more than music. Perhaps if you can give me some information about the other packs in the area. Almost anything is useful. Tell me something good and you can have all the food your heart desires." Not like the forest wasn't full of green things and prey.

Offline Nihilist

• Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 12:22:29 PM »
Amadeus's eyesbrows raised and then quickly lowered at the explicit clarification of what his diet was. Should the musician leave? Then again, he still wasn't being chewed on, and the king seemed like he was still in a talking mood. However, the king wanted information.

And, Amadeus was neither a snitch nor a spy.

"Hey, hey, whoa man, I ain't playin' no war games." Whenever one group wanted information on another, it always meant they were trying to get over on another. "I play for food and I leave. Pacifist, you know? Make love, not war, all that? Besides, it's been quiet for a minute out there. Ain't heard a load of yowls and screams for, like, months. Ain't you happy with the peaceful side of stuff?"

Sure, there was the day to day border scuffles he'd hear in the distance or even the telltale sounds of a hunt, but there was a distinct kind of sound to actual war and mass fighting. He knew it especially came from one little area just before the mountains that was always changing hands.

Still, he had no interest in the offer he'd just been given.

ooc: feel free to have nexys react however's appropriate to that

to the evenness i fake.