Author Topic: East Side Village Raid  (Read 2596 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline The Narrator

  • Dungeondaddy
  • Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • HECK
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
East Side Village Raid
« on: February 10, 2017, 10:00:20 PM »
@Azuhel  @vanitas  @Huckle  @Red

SCHOKOLADE must post first.

Rules are located here. Please remember to have fun, we hope you all enjoy this as much as we've enjoyed coming up with ideas. If you have any questions contact Blondie or Kook!



Raid Environment

Leader

Raid Environment

Participants (in no particular order)

Raid Environment

Leader

Raid Environment

Participants (in no particular order)

And so on!




INVENTORY
Wedding ring
Spoon
Bucket
Bath salts
Fragrant soaps
Lantern
                                             AREAS EXPLORED
Sweat Lodge (1 area left)
The Hut (?? areas left)
Unknown









The worn path spits you out at the eastern edge of the village, too far away from the western half to know what is happening to the other raiding party, but you have faith in their ability to succeed. The smell of smoke and spiced meat is strong in the air here, and the sounds of drums and singing close enough to be a concern if you’re not careful. It seems like they’re having a party and your invitation got lost in the mail.

You skirt around the main path where you can hear metal cups clinking and a drunken uproar spilling out in the next row of homes over, aiming for a more stealthy approach so you can fill the sack you left at the edge of the woods with treasures. The path leads to an area less populated where empty stakes mean the dogs tied to them have left to find better entertainment than barking at possible intruders and at squirrels. Well, at least it’s to your advantage!

The trail branches off and leads to two separate buildings- one small and quiet, and the other va
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:12:55 PM by The Narrator »
West Side Narrator
Blondie
     
East Side Narrator    
Kookamunga

Offline Schokolade

  • mad duchess
  • Alteron
  • Initiate
  • ***
  • Posts: 25
  • i was born sick
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 12:07:14 AM »
Excitement poisons her blood, sets her heart to thumping and her body to tremble.
Would they, her brethren, think her terrified?
In a way she was. Terrified of herself. Terrified of the humans. Terrified of the blazing flame that seemed greater than anything Mother had produced.
She wanted to capture it all, all for her, for Mother.
They’ll go to the vague shape first, the structure in the far distance. Better to stretch themselves and slowly comb back toward the start with their loot she thinks.
Please don’t let any of them get killed due to her inexperience.

Offline The Narrator

  • Dungeondaddy
  • Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • HECK
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 11:27:19 AM »
On your way through the trail, you notice a very odd smell. It’s musky, warm, and distinctly human. You’ve smelled rotting carcasses with better aromas.


You’ve come across a very used sweat lodge! It looks barely functional, but inside you notice there are cooled rocks, a wooden pail, and a weird spoon inside the pail. There isn’t much to really investigate, but we're not here to stop you... Or question you... Or look at you with judging eyes... Go ahead and explore your options, and maybe there are some not so obvious choices too. Try everything you go-getter you!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:27:53 AM by The Narrator »
West Side Narrator
Blondie
     
East Side Narrator    
Kookamunga

Offline Bastion

  • Paladin
  • Alteron
  • Initiate
  • ***
  • Posts: 26
  • Gender: Male
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 01:32:46 AM »
Gross. This thing stank of human of the worst kind. Still, Bash decided it was worth a look and he eased into the doorway to pull the spoon from the pail and place it carefully on the ground. The pail he picked up, now void of the potential clattering utensil, hoping it could be filled with other useful goods. Humans were good at making carrying tools.


I could stand behind my barricade
Do what I'm told and be afraid to change
While isolated by the mainstream
With the current up against me.

Well maybe if my arms were ten feet tall,
I could finally reach that crystal ball.

‘Cause I still find inside
There's something braver
And I, I won't be, I won't be
The silent damnation.

I will never be voiceless.
My weapon of choice is
I'd rather be dangerous.
I won't be left defenseless
As God as my witness
I'd rather be dangerous,
Dangerous.

#EEAD0E
- Played by Red -

Offline Ciar

  • little soldier boy
  • Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Gender: Male
  • h u s h sweet child
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 03:15:31 AM »
Ciar slid into the putrid lodge right behind his yellow comrade. Sniffing at the strange object that Bastion had deemed unworthy of attention, the black soldier snapped it into his jaws. He ground its handle in his teeth experimentally, overall enjoying the sensation quite well. As he gnawed on one end, he eyed the other. Strange, but perhaps it could be used to dig or prod at something out of reach. If nothing else, he could always wack someone with it, at least.
she seems invincible
but just touch her and she'll wince
she has secrets and trusts no one
she's the perfect example of betrayal
because anyone she's ever trusted broke her

#e6c200 | profile
played by
vanitas

Ciar is biologically female, so feel free to have your character mistake him as such, because he's not likely to actually speak up and correct them with words (though it will make him angry). And he probably won't give them a name either, so you can make one up or whatever if he doesn't

Offline Zach ⛈

  • I hear the voice
  • Alteron
  • Initiate
  • ***
  • Posts: 36
  • Gender: Male
  • of rage and ruin
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 04:31:51 AM »
It's their first find, and the golden adolescent can't help but feel a little... unimpressed.

Brushing quietly past his companions, he explored the interior of the sweat lodge with a sharp, critical eye, the disdain on his face becoming increasingly more evident the longer he looked (and smelled) around. There wasn't a lot to take in, it seemed – or even take.

Eventually, he crept forward to examine the cooled rocks, sniffing around them carefully without making any immediate move to touch or grab them. Alteron already had an abundant supply of rocks lying around. What use could these be?


Profile - Played by Huckle
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline The Narrator

  • Dungeondaddy
  • Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • HECK
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 12:50:01 PM »
Gross. This thing stank of human of the worst kind. Still, Bash decided it was worth a look and he eased into the doorway to pull the spoon from the pail and place it carefully on the ground. The pail he picked up, now void of the potential clattering utensil, hoping it could be filled with other useful goods. Humans were good at making carrying tools.


Wooden Pail
It’s a bucket. Maybe you can carry things in it... Maybe you can identify the smell attached to it... But you probably don’t want to.

Ciar slid into the putrid lodge right behind his yellow comrade. Sniffing at the strange object that Bastion had deemed unworthy of attention, the black soldier snapped it into his jaws. He ground its handle in his teeth experimentally, overall enjoying the sensation quite well. As he gnawed on one end, he eyed the other. Strange, but perhaps it could be used to dig or prod at something out of reach. If nothing else, he could always wack someone with it, at least.


Wooden Spoon
Actually, it’s a ladle, but who really cares? I wonder what it feels like to be hit with it.

It's their first find, and the golden adolescent can't help but feel a little... unimpressed.

Brushing quietly past his companions, he explored the interior of the sweat lodge with a sharp, critical eye, the disdain on his face becoming increasingly more evident the longer he looked (and smelled) around. There wasn't a lot to take in, it seemed – or even take.

Eventually, he crept forward to examine the cooled rocks, sniffing around them carefully without making any immediate move to touch or grab them. Alteron already had an abundant supply of rocks lying around. What use could these be?


Cooled rocks
They’re lava rocks! Heat ‘em up and have fun, compadre. They might taste a little funny if you gather them, but human sweat and steam isn’t exactly a Big Mac.

Wait a minute? It looks like there's something glittering in the rocks...



It doesn't look like there is much more to explore in here, but maybe you missed something? You could always turn around and leave the lodge, or stay in this room to see what else is there to investigate. But maybe if you follow the length of the wall you'll find one of two doorways, one on the left and one on the right hidden behind a secret partition. There seems to be a soft scratching noise coming from the doorway to the left.
West Side Narrator
Blondie
     
East Side Narrator    
Kookamunga

Offline Schokolade

  • mad duchess
  • Alteron
  • Initiate
  • ***
  • Posts: 25
  • i was born sick
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 09:51:06 PM »
Koko trusts her team. They were ready for this venture and she doesn’t intend to lose them or their haul.
Still, the room itself smells horrendous and the space is lackluster to boot. She doesn’t see a lantern here and that’s a major issue—maybe the humans have them hanging up elsewhere? Or placed bend one of these weird doorways?
She’ll leave her team to their exploration and sniff tentatively at the left—

Maybe shouldn’t go in there just yet, might be a rat back there.

So Koko moves to the right and gently sniffs before lifting a paw to press at the door.

Offline The Narrator

  • Dungeondaddy
  • Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • HECK
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »

The door creaks open to blast you in the face with that stench you could smell from the Cathedral- the smell of old gym socks, sweaty towels, and just bros being bros towel snaps. You wonder how this room attaches to the last, wonder if The East Side Narrator made some kind of mistake or just has no concept of time periods whatsoever since that last picture was a literal hut. There’s probably an explanation, but oh look treasure! Somewhere! In this room!

(Maybe.)

As you step inside your nails click softly on the tile floor, and as you stop to appreciate the tooling on that grout work you notice some other things around you. There is a lumpy pile of towels in one corner, a few lockers with doors ajar, some boxes, a small shadow vague under the center bench, and something up high and out of reach on top of the lockers. Maybe if you examine it and put your heads together, you’ll be able to reach it! There are points for creativity I'm sure!
West Side Narrator
Blondie
     
East Side Narrator    
Kookamunga

Offline Ciar

  • little soldier boy
  • Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 17
  • Gender: Male
  • h u s h sweet child
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 09:55:53 PM »
Ciar's black nose wrinkled at the smell that hit him. What kind of animals where these humans?! Blinking tears out of his eyes, Ciar walked into the room after his leader. He glanced around at the open lockers before a shadow caught his eye beneath a bench. Gripping his spoon- sorry, ladle- tightly, he lowered his head and peered underneath. Hopefully it wasn't anything as disgusting as the room's smell suggested it might be.
she seems invincible
but just touch her and she'll wince
she has secrets and trusts no one
she's the perfect example of betrayal
because anyone she's ever trusted broke her

#e6c200 | profile
played by
vanitas

Ciar is biologically female, so feel free to have your character mistake him as such, because he's not likely to actually speak up and correct them with words (though it will make him angry). And he probably won't give them a name either, so you can make one up or whatever if he doesn't

Offline Zach ⛈

  • I hear the voice
  • Alteron
  • Initiate
  • ***
  • Posts: 36
  • Gender: Male
  • of rage and ruin
  • Liked: 28
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 10:42:09 PM »
He almost missed it, but there was definitely something glittering in the rocks he'd been staring at so doubtfully just moments before. What in the righteous name of Alteron was that? Leaning forward, Zach tilted his head to the side and blinked, intrigued, distantly aware of Schokolade's discovery, the rancid smell of the new, open room wafting towards him, making him briefly wrinkle his muzzle.

Ugh, he hoped they wouldn't have to stay in this place for long.

Still staring, he lifted up a paw and paused for a moment, before using it to carefully sift through the pile of rocks, determined (and also greedily curious – it was glittery, after all) to find out what was hiding underneath it. He'd join the Dragon's daughter and Ciar in a moment – for now though, there was something still in this room he quickly wanted to investigate...


Profile - Played by Huckle
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Bastion

  • Paladin
  • Alteron
  • Initiate
  • ***
  • Posts: 26
  • Gender: Male
  • Liked: 7
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 01:17:09 AM »
Bash was confused by this new room, though the soft scratching from the other room appealed to his curiosity. Gripping his bucket, he followed their leader without complaint.

He wanders past the boxes and promptly starts peering into the open and ajar lockers, nosing them open as he finds them. How did humans make this when that hut they were in was so crude? Was there anything in this village that didn't stink of sweat?


I could stand behind my barricade
Do what I'm told and be afraid to change
While isolated by the mainstream
With the current up against me.

Well maybe if my arms were ten feet tall,
I could finally reach that crystal ball.

‘Cause I still find inside
There's something braver
And I, I won't be, I won't be
The silent damnation.

I will never be voiceless.
My weapon of choice is
I'd rather be dangerous.
I won't be left defenseless
As God as my witness
I'd rather be dangerous,
Dangerous.

#EEAD0E
- Played by Red -

Offline The Narrator

  • Dungeondaddy
  • Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • HECK
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 12:57:32 AM »
Ciar's black nose wrinkled at the smell that hit him. What kind of animals where these humans?! Blinking tears out of his eyes, Ciar walked into the room after his leader. He glanced around at the open lockers before a shadow caught his eye beneath a bench. Gripping his spoon- sorry, ladle- tightly, he lowered his head and peered underneath. Hopefully it wasn't anything as disgusting as the room's smell suggested it might be.


Shadow
It's nothing but a hairball. I don’t know what to tell you… I mean at least it’s not a jockstrap right?


He almost missed it, but there was definitely something glittering in the rocks he'd been staring at so doubtfully just moments before. What in the righteous name of Alteron was that? Leaning forward, Zach tilted his head to the side and blinked, intrigued, distantly aware of Schokolade's discovery, the rancid smell of the new, open room wafting towards him, making him briefly wrinkle his muzzle.

Ugh, he hoped they wouldn't have to stay in this place for long.

Still staring, he lifted up a paw and paused for a moment, before using it to carefully sift through the pile of rocks, determined (and also greedily curious – it was glittery, after all) to find out what was hiding underneath it. He'd join the Dragon's daughter and Ciar in a moment – for now though, there was something still in this room he quickly wanted to investigate...


Something Shiny
Hey you found a wedding ring! What’s it doing thrown in the rocks we couldn’t really say… But maybe it’ll come in handy down the line!


Bash was confused by this new room, though the soft scratching from the other room appealed to his curiosity. Gripping his bucket, he followed their leader without complaint.

He wanders past the boxes and promptly starts peering into the open and ajar lockers, nosing them open as he finds them. How did humans make this when that hut they were in was so crude? Was there anything in this village that didn't stink of sweat?


Lockers
You nose through the lower lockers that open to your touch, finding woven towels (both sweaty and clean), some rope, and some fragrant bath salts. And before you ask because I'm just waiting for it they're not those bath salts, they're actual bath salts! Soaps too! So go ahead and put that bucket to use.

How would you like to proceed o fearless leader? There are still a few options to explore.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 01:16:17 AM by The Narrator »
West Side Narrator
Blondie
     
East Side Narrator    
Kookamunga

Offline Schokolade

  • mad duchess
  • Alteron
  • Initiate
  • ***
  • Posts: 25
  • i was born sick
  • Liked: 8
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2017, 07:16:44 PM »
There’s something at the top of the lockers, something that seems exciting—

It would be a waste of her eccentric nature to leave it behind, even more so to allow a mounting opportunity to pass her by. So it doesn’t take long for Koko to turn to her team with a shake of tail and a slight bounce of excitement. She’s patient though, patient enough to wait for their individual comb of the space before she sends out a deep soft—wulf wulf.

Just to get their attention.

Here! To me!

Her smile is brilliant and her gaze, normally filled with the shadows of her repressed desires—and no need to talk about any of that!—are twinkling with clear interest.

Can you….? She’ll wriggle about her team before nudging Bash with her muzzle—so long as he didn’t wriggle away from her in turn.

Then, she’ll place Zach next to him—yes good good, stand there.

And then she’ll try to push Ciar upon them—Stand on them, good good, yup!

Right before Koko takes a few steps back in thoughtful contemplation.

Good.

She leaps on the bench and from the bench she’ll utilize her her long spry powerful legs to launch herself onto of the… hopefully stable wolf pyramid she’s tried to make them create.

And from there she’ll cling to the mesh covering some of the lockers and get their prize!

Offline The Narrator

  • Dungeondaddy
  • Initiate
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • HECK
  • Liked: 9
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: East Side Village Raid
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 10:03:15 PM »

Your wolf pyramid succeeds! The narrator applauds the spirit of you wolf cheerleaders and even shakes a pom-pom in support as you go flying through the air and land gracefully on your feet. A perfect 7.9! You look around, ignoring the crash so far below that shakes the lockers you stand on.


It looks like you've found...










































... A lantern!
Thank goodness, at least THIS group has something to show for themselves- unlike y'know certain groups that like to poke at end game baskets for fun. You grab the handle of the lantern hoping that that tetanus shot you got at the wolf clinic was legit, but when you look down you notice that the pyramid you so creatively constructed has failed you. It looks like you're stuck up there.

Ciar, poor Ciar, lies tail over teakettle in the pile of boxes in the corner- leg twitching and buried face first in smelly towels but is perfectly fine otherwise.
Bastion, too swoll for his own good, gets a butt-cheek cramp so powerful from all that flexing that all his legs fall asleep for the next turn. Even the front legs for some reason, I don't know.
And finally Zach, failed by the skinny sticks he calls legs, finds himself stuffed in a locker like the nerd that he is and is fine... except for the fact that his hair looks terrible now. The shame.

Pull yourselves together! You need to save your leader before the body odor fumes kill her!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:04:03 PM by The Narrator »
West Side Narrator
Blondie
     
East Side Narrator    
Kookamunga