Author Topic: lost cause [RIII; Dirge]  (Read 499 times)

Offline Gray

• Saboro
  • Regular
  • and it's so nice to meet me
  • Liked: 42
  • Likes Given: 34
lost cause [RIII; Dirge]
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:28:47 AM »
Betrayal broke over him in the form of fire and an unquellable, inconsolable temper.

He had the look of an enraged animal before it bucked, before it impaled its victim on the ends of its horns and picked at its corpse because betrayal was a high price to pay, and death just simply wasn’t enough.

He shook. Angry, livid. The news of the fledglings was a punch out of left field, an insult that besmirched whatever reputation he’d constructed—that his siblings had constructed—one that many would probably never un-see, that they may even question. Why not you? What couldn’t you provide that they could? What are you lacking?

For a moment air fueled his lungs, chest contracting over muscles and throat tightening in a silent, unheard scream that would remain caged behind teeth. Restraint he didn’t know he had. Restraint he resented in that moment of blind rage and the feeling of having been wronged. WHY? The question burned like a brand in his mind, red and hot.

Crenate had the answers. Crenate had the excuses and explanations, some of which his siblings ate up readily—or at least bought into. But Gray defied. Gray refused. They were not siblings. They were not family. But they, so effortlessly, had already been bestowed that red insignia he wanted by simply having been found.

And yet here he sat, still unsatisfied; still greedy and demanding and deserving of more, but it was given instead to some strangers. There was no gauge for his hatred, his resentment—but if there had been, it would’ve surely been far off any scale. Unmeasurable it was so intense and consuming; swelling, it seemed, with each dawning moment it resided inside of him.

Dirge was an afterthought. An accident. His paws had moved instinctually, and it was to the hellion they’d brought him. Dual-colored gaze sized up his company and there was a single breathless, cracking moment that the air inside of him hitched and he felt as though all the emotions inside him might come pouring out in the form of tears.

But he endured.

Dirge…” he named the other, tired and lacking strength. Angry, but without the energy to back up that temper.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

profile | ○ tracker | ○ played by kiri

Offline - Dirge -

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • the death of a bachelor
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: lost cause [RIII; Dirge]
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 12:09:35 AM »
The announcement of the Fledglings had been a surprise to the dark hellion. He never imagined random kids with no real royal parents could just sit at royal status. He wondered if Gray was stewing, his paranoid mind rumbling like thunder over the new princes and princesses that weren’t of blood. Gray had wanted power, and that power wasn’t given to him despite all of the successes he had done. There was still time though, still time to give him the recognition he wanted and craved. Dirge had only recently got his title of Nightjar from Bane. Gray already knew that though, he was there.

Long ears caught the sound of footsteps coming closer, blue eyes glancing up to see the figure he was just thinking of. Rage filled those red eyes of the prince, jaw set with an almost emotional expression across his face. Gray, emotional? Dirge almost laughed at himself though he held back the itch in his throat, standing to face the gray prince and wondering if his prediction was right. The prince uttered his name, lacking any real oomph behind the gesture and the hellion only grumbled slightly as he stretched his legs before sitting up. “Well aren’t you just pathetic looking?

Dirge shook his mane and stood up, large paws stalking ever so closer to his weird interest. Crooked teeth would nip at Gray’s cheek, a gesture he would consider as a greeting. The affection was weird at first, almost playful and sarcastic in nature, but there was something embedded in Dirge that told him some sort of attraction was there. Of course Cassie was his little puppy love crush, though too afraid to admit it to her. Gray was something else, something that Dirge couldn’t quite explain.

Spaded tail swung behind him as he would stand close to his friend. “Lemme guess. The Fledglings got your tail in a knot? It is quite weird, I’ll give you that. I’d be pissed too. Like Coronach is pissed at Leaf for being Crow.” What a joke that was. Dirge could care less about that title; he just wanted to be anything other than a slab of meat. He wanted recognition as much as anyone else, though not too much. Only to live comfortably and protect those he loved.

He was getting there.

Do I look lonely?
I see the shadows on my face
People have told me I don't look the same
Maybe I lost weight
I'm playing hooky, with the best of the best
Put my heart on my chest, so that you can see it too

I'm walking the long road, watching the sky fall
The lace in your dress tingles my neck, how do I live?

⇢  Played by Gothy
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Offline Gray

• Saboro
  • Regular
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:24:27 PM »
Anger churned in him like uncharted sea; foreign only because he didn’t know how, or where to direct it. Sanguine stare tightened on his hellion companion when he spoke and for a moment, all was silent. His – friend? acquaintance? – moved to get up then, but Dirge would not stand. Dirge would find himself back in the dirt where he’d begun, vision obstructed by blurs of grey as the heftier of the duo pummeled right into the darker male, seeking to pin him to the ground where he – hopefully – lay.

Shh,” he cooed in soft whisper, like a parent scolding a child for not using their indoor voice. The boy leaned closer in perhaps what would have been an intimidating image of predator closing in for the kill, had it not been for the smirk infringing upon his face.

Salmon nose looked to boop harmlessly against Dirge’s charcoal. “I don’t want to talk about whatever brat children my family has adopted, not with you.” And if he understood, even if he didn’t, Gray would move to slouch next to and against the other boy.

It seemed as if all his life had been one big ball of drama and grief. All he wanted was peace. To be content. To be happy.

How far are you willing to go?” he prompted suddenly. “To get what you want?

ooc: it may not be written like it but everything is all just attempts~

Offline - Dirge -

• Saboro
  • Initiate
  • the death of a bachelor
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2017, 11:11:08 PM »
Before he knew it, the hellion was back on the ground; flipped with something heavy on top of him. The world spun around him, the birds scattering above them as if scattering from brontide. Blue eyes stared with surprise, the smirk he might've once had was gone in an instant. Dirge was not one to be surprised very often, but here he was, under Gray with eyes wide with uncertainty. The tide had turned as the smirk now spread across the prince's face instead, cooing to the one below him to hush. A paw rested on gray fur.

Eyes followed as Gray then laid next to him, Dirge not moving as if a little intimidated that the boy nex tto him might strike again. Instead, he would turn his head to the side, his brow furrowed as if he was confused at what that was all about.

Also, did they just boop noses?

The thought left his mind as the prince spoke again, this time a question toward the hellion in which he finally had the courage to roll over to his side, leaning into Gray heavily as he huffed. "I'd do anything." he said, voice actually serious and level for once in his life. He'd go through hell and back to protect those he loved; Cassie, his mother, father, siblings. Gray. "It ain't for me as much as it's for those I care for. I want to protect them, no matter the cost. I've always admired my father and the way he could protect us and mom. I want that too." A sneer would wrinkle his muzzle. "Yeah, yeah. Call me dumb, but it's true. I'm a cliché prick, what can I say?"

Do I look lonely?
I see the shadows on my face
People have told me I don't look the same
Maybe I lost weight
I'm playing hooky, with the best of the best
Put my heart on my chest, so that you can see it too

I'm walking the long road, watching the sky fall
The lace in your dress tingles my neck, how do I live?

⇢  Played by Gothy
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Offline Gray

• Saboro
  • Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 08:48:49 PM »
The painful smash of waves crushing into rocks and the roar of the typhoon in his mind subsided into still, tame waters. The water still flowed, but this time it came in the form of steady falling raindrops. They beat in tune to his own internal rhythm and for once instead of feeling suffocated or overwhelmed, he was calm.

Dirge’s voice was a singing bowl. It was chimes fluttering in the wind. He melded so effortlessly with Gray’s inner symphony that he almost missed the other man speaking altogether, and when he did acknowledge the hellion’s words, it was with an expression of wisdom and understanding that seemed to transcend his years. Certainly, an odd expression upon the prince’s face.

Anything…” he echoed quietly. “And what about when you’ve been chewed up and spit out a million times, would you still fight for what you want? Not for them, whoever they are, but for you. For the things that you want, for the things that you seek. Your wants may not be essential for protecting your loved ones, but they still mean something to you. You still want them.

The man inclined his head with a heavy sigh, looking to drape himself like tapestry over his company as he seemed to reflect momentarily on his own internal turmoil. “I just want happiness.” He chuckled dryly, a hint of bitterness in the spaces between those low notes. “But getting what I want doesn’t seem to include that on their menu.