Author Topic: heaven beneath my feet [acceptance]  (Read 528 times)

Offline A-Ruhn-Senna

• Initiate
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
heaven beneath my feet [acceptance]
« on: January 04, 2017, 05:25:39 PM »
He couldn't take his focus off of the hunger. His stomach felt like it was twisted in to knots as Ruhn plodded along, his long tail dragging on the ground behind him. It had been about a week since he had become separated from his mother and siblings. Their scents were lost to him, and never had the boy felt so completely alone. He stopped to rest for a bit, his legs trembling with fatigue. A part of him just wanted to close his eyes and sleep forever, and while that was a nice thought the fear of never waking up again far outweighed that.

He rested his head on his paws, but tried to keep his eyes open. If it wasn't for the pain in his stomach he probably would have fallen asleep right then and there out in the open. It was so quiet for once. The music wasn't always there, which usually alarmed the child. He didn't like it whenever the earth stopped singing. After a few moments of collecting himself he stood back up again, stumbled forward a couple of steps and then once again kept moving.

Ruhn continuously tried to tell himself that he wasn't alone. He had the twinkling starlight to keep him company, and the bright moon to light his way. Still, he missed his family. He missed the singing. As he walked he began to hear something faint. Ears swiveled as he tried to pinpoint the exact direction. It was in front of him, so it seemed. He continued on towards the sound, a beautiful melody of voices. They were so soft, but their harmony was so serene and peaceful. It reminded him of his mother.

He could smell other wolves, but he didn't understand the concept of borders. He had never been to a pack before after all. He walked past them a few paces as he followed the sound before stopping. Was someone there? "S'cuse me." His voice was rough and dry, aching from third. He looked behind him, then back towards the music again. This place. . .it sang so beautifully. "S'cuse me," he tried to call a little louder this time. The boy coughed a couple of times before plopping down to sit, swiping a paw against his nose.

He wished his mother was there.

“Not just beautiful, though--the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing.
And they're watching me.”

Offline Alana~

• Leader
  • Regular
  • don't close your eyes, don't be afraid.
  • Liked: 57
  • Likes Given: 23
Re: heaven beneath my feet [acceptance]
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:29:16 AM »

The was music all around her.

Alana did not hear the same melody that Ruhn did, but there was music still in the soft swish of cold wind through the leafless trees, of the birds who remained even in winter tweeting and whistling, of the soft faint bubble of the small stream to her left. The Queen strode through the night, graceful body weaving between trees stripped bare of bark by roaming hungry deer. Mother Moon's loving light cascaded down onto the land and the water where it glistened, and onto Alana herself, causing the white wolf's form to give off a soft glow.

The Queen was most at home in her lands during nightfall, when she could travel beneath her loving lunar Mother and think clearly. It was during these times that most of Alana's decisions were made. The decision to marry Julek had been made at night, the decision to finally have a litter as well - the decision to finally leave the marshlands, too.

Little did she know how that tradition would continue that night.

A small noise caught the woman's attention, ears swiveling in the noise's direction with head following. So lost in her thoughts had she been that Alana didn't notice the strange scent before. Curious and a bit wary, the Queen lowered her form and stalked forward, seafoam eyes searching for the form of another. What she found immediately made her resolve grow softer, body raising but still remaining hidden in the bush. A child? Where were the parents, why was the child alone? Alana's motherly side was strong, and very alarmed.

"Hello?" she called softly, moving into the young one's view with slow, careful steps so she didn't startle him. "Are you all right? Where are your parents, little one?" There was concern shining clearly in the Queen's voice. "My name's Alana. What's yours?" The only strange scent in the air was the child's, which led Alana to believe that the boy was alone.

A heavy pang of sadness hit her heart at the thought.

you wanna give up 'cause it's dark, we're really not that far apart
so let your heart, sweet heart be your compass when you're lost
and you should follow it wherever it may go
when it's all said and done, you can walk instead of run
'cause no matter what you'll never be alone, never be alone oh oh oh

Offline A-Ruhn-Senna

• Initiate
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: heaven beneath my feet [acceptance]
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 01:24:36 PM »
The sound seemed to swell as Ruhn turned his head in its direction. Through the trees came a larger wolf, pale like the face of the moon. He couldn't help but stand and stare at her. In his mind, the most lovely rhythm played. It was a chorus of voices that were soft and soothing, although to him this sound was not internal. To the child, this music came from within the very earth itself - a song that only he could hear. The trees themselves sang for this woman, a melody that made him feel like he could trust her. For just a few short moments, he completely forgot about his fear and hunger.

"Are you all right? Where are your parents, little one? My name's Alana. What's yours?"

Her questions, however, helped him to remember. Ears pinned back as he shuffled his front feet against the ground. "M'hungry," he admitted, looking up at the other creature as if he had just admitted something shameful. "A-Ruhn-Senna." His mother had always told him it was polite to introduce himself with his full name. "Mama calls me Ruhn, or Senna. You can call me which one you like the best." He answered to both.

"I. . .I got lost," he continued, voice wavering as he thought about his mother. His chest felt like a sharp blade had been stabbed right through it. "I heard a sound. A pretty sound. So I followed it and-and then I couldn't find her anymore." He was babbling at this point, his words barely comprehensible between choked sobs. "And m'just really hungry and I-I miss her." Ruhn had lost control of himself at that point, not knowing what to do at that point other than sit there and wail over his missing mother. He wanted to go home. He wanted his stomach to stop hurting so much.

More than anything he just wanted his mom.

“Not just beautiful, though--the stars are like the trees in the forest, alive and breathing.
And they're watching me.”