Author Topic: put out the fire, boys [HEALER CHECK-IN/RECRUITMENT]  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Setebos

• The flowers of naivete
  • Inaria
  • Apprentice
  • buried in a layer of frost.
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 8
put out the fire, boys [HEALER CHECK-IN/RECRUITMENT]
« on: January 01, 2017, 02:32:09 AM »
Inaria's sunrise was heralded not by a rooster's cry, but a baying call on the distance, the melody more reminiscent of a hound's mournful cry than the dignified wolf's howl. ON YOUR FEET, DOCTORS, was trumpeted to the sky, loud and blaring as a megaphone. It was a summons without the frills and flourish of a typical announcement, a straightforward, raucous blast of noise that would quickly rouse any slumbering would-be-Healer to attention and send them staggering towards the point of origin like a firm kick to the hindquarters.

Morning dew was sprinkled along the grass like starlight turned to firelight, like little sparks planted by a delicate hand, to perch on each blade of grass and splendid green branch. Setebos meandered slowly through Inaria's garden, roaming in pensive circles around the perimeter just to ensure that his preparations were complete. The garden that had been hand-nurtured by Lotus still bloomed magnificently. It had once been another casualty of the war - now, the naked earth left upturned by tromping, careless Saboran feet flowered with fresh greenery, as if the wounds left behind never existed.

Setebos couldn't observe the same in the scars still borne by Inaria's people. Those couldn't be erased.

Setebos's watchful eye returned to the eager pupil standing at his side; one of Cappella's young daughters. Leonora had been distraught when she was lost in the garden, but now she trailed comfortably after Setebos, allowing him to dictate their pace. Setebos had needed a willing volunteer for today's demonstration. Leonora made a useful and convenient subject.

At the first sight of company, Setebos leaned closer to Leonora so he could whisper instructions. "Here they come," he muttered. "Remember - on my cue, play dead."

Setebos puffed out his chest. With a proud, but nevertheless businesslike demeanor, he looked over the (hopefully generous) batch of arrivals with a bold, appraising stare. Some of them would be veterans that had been appointed by the previous Medic. Others would be newcomers interested in adopting the trade. No matter who came and for what reason, Setebos was willing to teach them, so long as they could endure the rigorous lessons. The grizzled Medic surged in the soil once occupied by his predecessor, growing rapidly from sapling, to juvenile, to a mighty oak.

The path of a doctor was a hard one. He had to be sure that his underlings would be prepared to face the challenges ahead. If not, they were unworthy to toil alongside him. Setebos carried the mantle of leadership without a single hint of burden, his pace unfaltering. He strode into the future, and it glowed like the sun.

"Welcome to your first meeting, boys and girls," Setebos said. "For those of you who don't know - I'm Setebos. Your new Medic. You can call me Medic or Doctor. Whichever works. I've been in this business for a long time."

He scratched at his chin. "We'll start off with names and experience, and after that, I'm gonna take you through a little demonstration." He indicated Leonora. "We'll get into the nitty gritty of medicinal herbs in our next meeting. Today's gonna be about what to do in an emergency, but I'm not gonna force you all into the fire just yet. That'll come after training."

Any doctor could ramble about yarrow leaves and lavender until they were blue and breathless. Sometimes you needed physical force to drag someone out of their grave. Setebos knew that Inaria was hurting, and he had an idea as to how to utilize the doctors that had been left adrift. He knew, deep down, that Inaria's healers were capable of great good, as long as they had proper leadership. But first -- he nudged Leonora with his paw, silently signaling that her participation was required. Once Leonora made herself supine on the ground, dramatically wilting in a display of distress, Setebos addressed the crowd, stone-faced as if her histrionics were completely ordinary.

"A mother's brought you to her den," he began, pointedly ignoring Leonora's convulsing, "She says her pup has started convulsing out of the blue. She's having a seizure. What do you do?"

This is a check in and recruitment for existing Healers! If you want to be a Healer, post here.

People who can't post can inform me OOCly, or just post a bullet point. It is all cool, guys, this is Inaria, it's chill.

People who don't post will get kicked off the rank, since I know there's at least one or two Healers that belong to people that don't post on the forum anymore. This isn't a hard and fast rule, though! I'm very lenient if I understand your circumstances. Just make sure to keep communications open with me.

I'll decide the deadline once people have posted.

By the way, you do not have to answer Setebos's question correctly! After all, this is a learning experience. You'll just get serious brownie points if you do.

People needing to post:
- Xenia
- Sage
- Lotus
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 01:30:54 PM by Sunblink [back 2 school] »

This old warship has wounds
And it won't sail for nothin'
The old sailor said to me
And I was foolish not to listen
And paid such close conscription
All the lies I believed

"But if you lend me some more labor
And put your name on paper
We just might catch a breeze"
I know now he was not a captain
Now because of all my actions
I grow alone with the sea

[ #E42217 ] | played by Sunblink
   » tracker

Offline Frost

• Character Directory Organizer
  • Hero
  • Liked: 3196
  • Likes Given: 496
Re: put out the fire, boys [HEALER CHECK-IN/RECRUITMENT]
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 02:46:29 AM »
if people beat me to postin,

leonora:
- is quietly plucking tiny flowers and putting them in what she thinks is a little dirt pile beside her; she is actually putting them into setebos' fur
- "For those of you who don't know - I'm Setebos. Your new Medic. You can call me Medic or Doctor." - Leo turns around and innocently pipes up with "Okay, Mr Medic!" Doesn't realise that she's probably not included in his statement.
- Once nudged, Leo suddenly yells out "BLEGH!!" and collapses on the floor dramatically. Lies on her back with her front paws flopped beside her head, sticks her tongue out for dramatic effect. Doesn't realise she should probably close her eyes too (she's blind, leave her alone).

[02:32:01] bird yaoi, which is for birds: you made me think you were harmless just because you're angry all of the time and hate everything except for memes
Characters | RP tracker

Offline Art

• 'Cause There's Beauty
  • Inaria
  • Initiate
  • In The Breakdown
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 11:59:43 AM »
Speech

Art was wandering rather peacefully. That was when the call sounded that made the golden wolf nearly jump from her own fur. Paws were steady and slow, as the blind girl wandered closer, following scent and sound. Voice, she heard someone talking but, couldn't make ou their words.

Heart beating rather swiftly, the blind wolf would come upon the scene, amusing really,. since she was  not alone. Cautiously she would approach, sniffing at both Setebos and Leo, backing off and offering a polite smile. Art didn't say a word, rather she opted to listening, especially as others drew near, their vibrations evident in the earth under her paws.

"Welcome to your first meeting, boys and girls, for those of you who don't know - I'm Setebos. Your new Medic. You can call me Medic or Doctor. Whichever works. I've been in this business for a long time."

She wouldn't say a word, rather stand calmly, ears trained, focused, dark nose pointed toward the sound of the snarky voice. She couldn't see him but, she could feel him, feel the fire behind his words, the sarcasm and potential friend. She could hear the knowledge that dripped and oozed from him and yet, she remained stone cold on the outside, her mind working a mile a minute.

"We'll start off with names and experience, and after that, I'm gonna take you through a little demonstration. We'll get into the nitty gritty of medicinal herbs in our next meeting. Today's gonna be about what to do in an emergency, but I'm not gonna force you all into the fire just yet. That'll come after training."

Well, now or never. "Art, Sir." She would offer in a soft, gentle tone not at all expected from the cold expression, her expression betraying how swiftly her mind worked, churned and ate, processing information given. "Knowledge in herbal remedies for common illnesses and ailments. Colds to stomachaches, knowing what a mother would know and of course basic survival skills and remedies." She would offer, her ears flickering and head turning blindly toward the direction of the next voices to sound in turn.

"A mother's brought you to her den,"

He began, Art focused on not him but, the smaller breath near him, her ears fixed on Leo, as if she instinctively knew something was up. Curse these blind wolves and their strong senses.

"She says her pup has started convulsing out of the blue. She's having a seizure. What do you do?"

The golden woman would slither forward, moving to curl close tot he convulsing child, what a fine actress she was! In a calm state, perhaps auto pilot was engaged, Art would move to the child, potentially moving against Setebos as she would lie down, half curling toward the girl, cradling her with her own body, ready to take on vomit and other fluids should there be any. Art's front legs would aim to cushion the young girl's head and the golden girl would hum in a soft tune, calming.

"Mugwort," she would call out softly. "Mugwort to start, end the shaking and the immediate dangers of swallowing the tongue." Her tone was soft and sweet as she spit out her request, the woman's clear goal to be calming, soothing, a warm blanket to the child suffering. Mino had been prone to seizures, Art had learned how to stay calm and comforting from her mother. This sense of comfort was probably her saving grace, all things considered.

"Shhh," She would soothe softly, awaiting the other healers around her to grab at and disperse medical supplies, moving her paws and tail as needed but, never really leaving the girl she so gently held. "You'll be alright Sweetheart." She'd murmur to the girl in a soothing tone. "We're here, I'm here, I'm not going to leave you until you feel better." She would sooth in her soft, gentle words, digging at her memory banks for what Mother had done with Mino. If anything her calm, collected kindness would be of use, let alone her ability to sort things thanks to her nose but, no one knew of that just yet.

Mino would be proud to see his sister now, if he'd survived the death chill of their first winter that is. This was all Art could do to make him proud and even if she played just a minor role, she'd do her damn best to keep the cunvulsing child safe and potentially calmed with her soft words and gentle humming. Art was playing her part, a work of passion and beauty, the gentle calmness hidden behind the stone cold mask of her blindness. She was a tender and loving soul at heart, readya nd willing to aid in whatever ways she could.

This wasn't real.

This wasn't real.....

However as more time passed, it became more and more real to the gentle golden wolf.

Lightblue

So, let go, yeah let go
Just get in
Oh, it's so amazing here
It's all right
'Cause there's beauty in the breakdown

Offline Yoki

• Inarian Sentinel
  • Regular
  • Life moves on... and I must do the same thing.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 07:47:44 AM »
The baying call of another stirred the sentry from his den.

Yoki had been keeping to himself lately, dutifully performing his patrols along the borders of their home, ensuring nothing was amiss. Even if he didn’t see any recruits at the borders, he still sniffed around to make sure there wasn’t a rogue scent about. Occasionally he saw another sentry walk past him, or maybe Cockatrice, but otherwise all was peaceful. And he was grateful for it. It was why he woke calmly within his den, ready to begin the day.

The call for the healers of Inaria, though, gave him another thought. Maybe it was time he picked up another rank. It wasn’t that he didn’t love his job as a sentry. It was just that he was becoming a bit… stagnant. An ear pricked, also realizing it wasn’t the melodic call of Lotus summoning the healers. Had there been a change? At any rate he stood, stretching his muscles, scarred skin stretching along with it. With a shake of his pelt, head twitching to move his bangs, he set off to the call.

He arrived after another, coming into the recruitment and spotting the male who had clearly taken a spot as the new Medic. Yoki could see the authority radiating off of the other male, and he sat with the comfort of someone who was accustomed to the ways of Inaria. He listened attentively as the other began to speak, greetin them all.

“Yoki, sir,” he began, once Art had spoken. “I have little experience by ways of herbs and their uses. I only know the basics of self-care, such as pressuring wounds to stop bleeding and chamomile for relaxation.” He had taken some after a bit of the experiences he had gone through. His shoulder would know.

Then the pup at the Doctor’s side dropped and began to seemingly spasm. “A mother’s brought you to her den. She says her pup has started convulsing out of the blue. She’s having a seizure. What do you do?” A test, huh. He stood and took a step or two forward, watching as the female wolf (who was… blind?) wrap herself around the pup. He gazed at the pup, and an idea clicked into his mind. “At the very least, I would clear out any possible objects or danger from around the pup. Ensure the pup won’t harm themselves against the wall of the den or impale themselves on anything.” But how to stop the seizure?

Art mentioned Mugwort, and while Yoki didn’t know if that was the right answer, he would trust the other with her knowledge. He looked at Setebos. “While Art cares for the child, I would fetch the herb and bring it to her, as well as anything else that she may need so that she doesn’t have to leave the child’s side.” Teamwork was something Yoki was used to, so he easily fell into that rhythm.
-=Character played by Moons=-

Yoki

Note: This character has scars on the right shoulder and the right side of his face. Plus the top-half of his right ear was bitten off. So for RP purposes, this will be incorporated.

Offline Worm.

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 01:26:28 PM »
Worm approached the small gathering with intense curiosity. Setebos' voice was a familiar one, now. He'd been there to greet him and Kieran at the border, spoken with a high degree of qualification about Kieran's wounds, and had advanced upon Worm, expecting him to be another patient. He wasn't. Worm was fine; he was always fine. The little ghoul gazed around the circle of healers, hoping to perhaps become one of them. He had always been a medic, but never in a pack, never officially. Still, he knew a thing or two about medicine.

Peering out from under the skull he wore as a mask, he realised he had been asked his name. His voice echoed out, a quiet, croaking thing. "Worm," easier to remember than Monkshood, "I've been a healer my entire life, but I have a lot yet to learn," from the moment he was old enough to think and feel, his parents, or what he vaguely remembered of them - moving shapes and shadows - had taught him to protect those around him. To release those suffering from their pain. To fix up any injured animal he encountered, and to put down his prey with respect and speed.

The demonstration was a little unexpected, and he watched Leonora convulse with mild bemusement. That was quite good acting, really. The others were first to speak, and immediately they went to herbs, with surprised Worm a little. Certainly, mugwort would help ease the seizures, but a convulsing child should never be left alone. Especially not to fetch herbs.

"The first thing I would do is make sure the child is in a position where vomit or saliva does not catch in the throat," he moved over, approaching the acting child, and lifting up a gentle paw. He rolled her, if she allowed it, onto her side, tilting back her chin to extend and clear her airways. The recovery position. "Next, I would call for help. It's dangerous to leave anyone convulsing alone - even to fetch mugwort. I would ask the mother to fetch another doctor - I can't howl - so that they can be the ones to fetch medicine. As the first on scene, it's your duty to perform emergency care," not medicinal, not until the child was in a safe, stable position.

"Like Yoki said," he murmured, giving the stranger a slight, affirmative nod, recalling the name he had just introduced himself with. "Teamwork is important in emergency situations." He offered a slight smile, although it wouldn't be seen under his mask.

"After that, mugwort or valerian root can be used as anti-seizures."
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 01:29:46 PM by Worm. »

you've been hanging with the unloved kids
who you never really liked and you never trusted
but you are so magnetic; you pick up all the pins

Offline Arista

• BBA's nice old lady <3
  • Hero
  • ~Risty~
  • Liked: 491
  • Likes Given: 402
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 06:58:30 PM »
Will post with Lotus before the end of the week
~Without even thinking about it, I used to be able to fly. Now I'm trying to look inside myself and find out how I did it.~
"Proud member since: June 9, 2005"

Offline Xenia.

• sai-nee-uh

• Leader
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 01:29:34 PM »
going to do bullet points just so that there is something here, I'll try to go back out and fill it out later B')

XENIA ♣  ,,
- Despite finding herself using the title Queen more then healer, she arrived to the meeting out of respect and still just as eager interest in the trade. Xenia became a healer before leader, and she intended to keep that knowledge flowing.
- Smiled warmly to Setebos as she did, coming in later then others. "Congratulations," She'd nod to him respectfully, having heard through the grapevine their previous Medic stepped down and appointed him further. Xenia agreed wholeheartedly to that, she would've done it herself had Lotus not graciously given him the job.
- "Xenia," A gentle greeting to all those who may not know; it was more for them then Setebos.
- Taking a seat near the back, she'd watch the newcomers arrive and give their input, a feel for a new generation coming in as the only other remaining healer that needed to show was her friend, Sage. Xenia allowed all the newcomers to speak their mind, hoping Setebos wouldn't be too agitated at her silence, giving the others a chance to give their ideas first.
- When they all finished giving their input, Xenia nodded to them. "I agree, but I think if possible I think a medic should be the one to retrieve the medicine, in case the parent has no idea what they are looking for. I know from personal experience it is a lot to know and just by description alone it can be tricky to find the right thing, especially one who may have little to no knowledge of medicine." Eyes would trail over to the others, smiling. "Chamomile could help too, and it is safe for pups in particular."

« PROFILEROLEPLAYS • played by ARKYLS »

Offline Sage

• Westwind
  • Inaria
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 10:05:53 PM »
-Wow Sage is here through the miracle of bullet points.
-Vague suggestion that she's here after her own challenge but the results are still tbd and thus insert internal monologue here later about it.
-Offers Setebos a broad smile and wag of her tail, exuberance always being a difficult trait for the field medic slash guard to stifle even with the scars of war evident on her front and shoulders.
- "Congratulations, Doctor Setebos," she says, actually sounding respectful and proud instead of teasing for once. He deserved it, even if Lotus's den had been where the green wolf had taken her first breaths of sweet Inarian air. Perhaps Lotus would simply retire to midwifery, as Sage knew she excelled at such if her own birth and raising and enthusiasm for healing were anything to go on.
- Setebos will forever be her Orangey Doctor Seatbutt, even if she had to keep that title for less public get-togethers.
-Turns and bows her head to Xenia, who she trailed in behind, offering a less grinning, but still honest smile. Her old partner turned Queen, who'd have seen that coming? Sage. She saw it, for all that she pretended otherwise back on that lovely beach bonfire night. Nothing could make her more joyful than seeing two of her closest friends together and happy.
-Chooses to sit with her friend, since she didn't think Setebos would take kindly to her putting her head directly on top of his and looking out at the others. All her friends are small and perfect~
- "I'm Sage," she announces to the few she doesn't know. Oh boy were they in for a grand time. "I've been learning herbs and plants since birth practically, but only started working with the healers not too long ago. As my duties are split three ways, I mostly function as a field medic, working with sprains and strains found during training among the Guard or medicine and treatment to keep someone alive until someone like our Medic can get to them."
-Quiets down, flashes of her own blood spattered on the grass and the faint voice of Setebos, Haven, and others dancing through her skull wiping that smile off her face. With a small shake, she raised less fiery eyes back up to tune in to Setebos and the child with him enacting a seizure situation.
-Waits for everyone else, especially the new blood, to finish speaking, considering their answers.
- "As well as other things that have been mentioned, the parent should be sent for another Healer, if you attend the child alone. Xenia is correct. A parent might not know what they're looking for and in their panic and haste, might easily take longer or fetch the wrong plant than if you were to simply send them to fetch someone more knowledgeable." Nods, thoughtful. "Seizures of shorter length should be allowed to run their course without moving the pup unless necessary to prevent further injury, treatment following. Attempting to wrench open a child's jaws and shove something down their throat will only cause injury or choking. Cooling the child down with water soaked moss will also help prevent overheating, which the secondary healer or parent could fetch. While you wait for the seizure to end, the parent should be asked questions about what happened in the time before the seizure began. What was the child doing? Has the child had any recent injuries? What was the last thing the child ate? This is important because if it was poisoning or head injury, you'll need to treat that as well."

(She is the one), but I have a purpose,
(She is the one), and I have to fight this,
(She is the one), the villain I can't knock down.

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break, it's all for you.
And my worst pains are words I cannot say,
Still I will always fight on for you.

#659D32
- Played by Red Team -

Offline Rosehips

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 02:35:30 PM »
(A very short post just to make sure i get here in here <3)

She is not comfortable in the group; she never has been. She wasn’t a social butterfly who lived to see brilliant things come from social interaction. She understood its importance though, and that’s why she arrives, standing at the back of the group, she wasn’t late, she had simply been lingering and watching for several minutes before she brought herself to make an appearance.

“My name is Rosehips she says, quietly, her voice not nearly as boisterous as it had been when she called for a replacement medic.  There is a softness to her but also a reservation, her discomfort with the situation is clear. She looks sheepishly over as everyone speaks.

They all had explanations, but she had none. “To be honest, sir, I don’t know anything about this” there is at least a humbleness, she had learned that being hot headed got you know where in life.  “I know a bit of medicine, those are mostly…psychological” she continues. Feeling bashful.

That was all though, the others could share and advise, but she was there to listen and learn, she had told him before, publicly even that she had no formal training, that is why she wanted a new medic, and that was why she was here.

I run a six mile jog with my walkman on
Smoke myself to a place of distress
Count the sixteen ways that my life went wrong
This way my daily self-help routine
Until you walked into my life, like a siren call
#eeafaf
Played by Critter

Offline Sunblink

• Hero
  • have only one waifu, or it will ruin your laifu
    • My status
    • FurAffinity
  • Liked: 2649
  • Likes Given: 3662
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 08:29:49 AM »
I'm gonna respond to this on the 30th!! I'm sorry for the wait. Been juggling obligations with school.

Offline Sunblink

• Hero
  • have only one waifu, or it will ruin your laifu
    • My status
    • FurAffinity
  • Liked: 2649
  • Likes Given: 3662
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 02:50:18 PM »
there is no such thing as February 30th

why did no one tell me

Offline Sage

• Westwind
  • Inaria
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 27
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 08:10:17 PM »
"Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a calendar!" - Setebos, probably.

(She is the one), but I have a purpose,
(She is the one), and I have to fight this,
(She is the one), the villain I can't knock down.

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break, it's all for you.
And my worst pains are words I cannot say,
Still I will always fight on for you.

#659D32
- Played by Red Team -

Offline Setebos

• The flowers of naivete
  • Inaria
  • Apprentice
  • buried in a layer of frost.
  • Liked: 41
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 10:12:48 PM »
Though Leonora made for an enthusiastic volunteer, her acting abilities were questionable. Fortunately, her lackluster performance did not keep the answers from flowing. Setebos tuned out Leonora's dramatics, pointedly looking ahead instead of meeting her gaping stare, and listened intently to the crowd's suggestions. He had some good ones here, including some he recognized.

Art, a newcomer, stepped forward and provided a physical demonstration. Setebos did not immediately cotton on to her disability. "Mugwort to start, end the shaking and the immediate dangers of swallowing the tongue."

Setebos nodded approvingly. "Correct. What else?"

Another call from the crowd. This one, named Yoki, followed up on Art's procedure with, "At the very least, I would clear out any possible objects or danger from around the pup. Ensure the pup won’t harm themselves against the wall of the den or impale themselves on anything. While Art cares for the child, I would fetch the herb and bring it to her, as well as anything else that she may need so that she doesn’t have to leave the child’s side.” For his input, Yoki earned another nod.

Many of the new arrivals had prior experience with medicine - that was good. Worm claimed to have been a doctor from a young age. Explained how he was able to help Kieran with his broken ribs, he supposed. He nodded to Worm, good, then moved on to the rest. Others didn't know much at all, and freely expressed so. Setebos made a point to focus on those ones. Nevertheless, despite a purported lack of experience, the answers they gave were acceptable.

"Welcome back, Queen Xenia," Setebos greeted Xenia. To her answer: "Very good."

Next came Sage, who arrived with a hint of pride. She, like Xenia, congratulated him on his recent promotion. "Congratulations to you too, Captain," Setebos said. "Good to see you still have time to stick around."

He knew Rosehips as someone who had a lot of potential. She had been the one to set the scene for his challenge, though it had been an unexpected consequence of her initiative. She introduced herself humbly, describing herself as a trainee specializing in psychological medicine, which he found interesting. It was a talent that was worth nurturing, but Setebos would need to educate her in other remedies.

"Psychological is good," said Setebos. "You just need a bit of learning. That's what you're here for."

He noted Lotus's absence, and made a mental note to check up on her later. She probably had good reasons for not showing, but he suspected it had to do with shame. He didn't know for certain - but he had essentially disgraced her. Ignoring the pang of regret, Setebos went on to business. He would cut this meeting short, as he had promised Leonora a rabbit for her participation, and she was getting impatient.

"All good answers," Setebos addressed the crowd in full. "Some of you may not have experience, but you still did well."

He moved on to his first assignment; the reason they had all been summoned, and the first test of their ability. "I've got a job for all of you. There are people who've gotten in scuffs and scrapes during the war, some who're missing body parts. Adjusting to a missing leg or a missing tail isn't something that's done overnight. I want y'all to check in on some people, make sure they're still standing and give them a thorough review. Then report back to me, next time we meet.

"I'm not asking you to pick their brains or pry into their business without their permission. I find out you're doing that and I'll be very pissed. You don't want that,"
Setebos warned them, face darkening for a moment. He wasn't kidding around. "Rosehips, I'm taking you on as a trainee. You too, Yoki. I'll teach you the basics, but I'm counting on the rest of you to show them the ropes."

Onto the newbies. "Worm and Art -- you're in as Healers. Congratulations." Setebos looked to Sage and Xenia next. "As for you two, you've still got a place here."

Setebos nudged Leonora to her feet. I'll give you your assignments later. For now, you're all dismissed."

this thread is finished! congrats, everyone!

Yoki andRosehips are brought on as Healers in training.
Worm and Art are now Healers.

I'll be sussing out assignments in the thread for the veteran plot here. Rosehips and Yoki are on a team with Setebos. There's a list of potential patients there. If you're interested in pitching in your character, please post there.

If you can't participate or find someone to RP with, you're free to say your character checked in with an NPC!

If you can, just let me know so I can mark you down! This is my first time doing something like this so I apologize for being a bit disorganized.

This old warship has wounds
And it won't sail for nothin'
The old sailor said to me
And I was foolish not to listen
And paid such close conscription
All the lies I believed

"But if you lend me some more labor
And put your name on paper
We just might catch a breeze"
I know now he was not a captain
Now because of all my actions
I grow alone with the sea