Author Topic: knockin' on heaven's door (visiting)  (Read 465 times)

Offline Ephemera

• i been watching for the signs, took a trip to clear my mind, oh
  • Initiate
  • wanderlust
  • Liked: 1
  • Likes Given: 0
knockin' on heaven's door (visiting)
« on: December 22, 2016, 03:28:19 AM »
The winter cold was bitter and relentless, chilling the fringe mix to her very bones. Ephemera's pace was slow and labored, her breath floating up in icy plumes in the cold evening. The sun had dyed the sky a myriad of pleasant purples and pinks and soft reds. Long, thin clouds stretched across the horizon, and if one paid close enough attention, the rays of sunlight filtering through those clouds was a beautiful sight to behold. Sniffing a little, Ephemera gave herself a shake to fluff out her fur more and drew her attention back to the path in front of her. It was a path used often, likely by deer - there were faint whiffs of the herbivores here and there, but nothing substantial. The headache and sinus congestion plaguing her reminded her that they were there, a sharp pain causing her to falter for a moment. When it died down, she pushed herself forward, determined to reach the packlands before nightfall.

Ephemera smelled Nardir's borderline before she arrived at it, slowing her pace to a stop. Murky lake eyes outlined with robin blue stared outward at the land before her, gripped with frost and chill just like the rest of the world. It was weird how people just decided that land was theirs, guarding it ferociously - when there was another land somewhere just like it, likely open for the taking. What made this land special to the Nardiri, Eph wondered. Why here, of all places? Why had the earliest exiles chosen the desert for their home, instead of a place that was actually hospitable? They could have gone anywhere. Anywhere. Ephemera knew that that applied to her as well..

but the girl had no intentions of staying in one place.

The small woman raised her muzzle skyward and released a howl, summoning someone to her location. Eph didn't want to join, only to perhaps find asylum with the supposedly-peaceful Nardiri she had heard about from a pair of loners. "They're good people," they'd told her. Eph could only hope that they hadn't led her into some kind of trap. When someone approached, Eph would nod respectfully and begin to speak. "My name's Ephemera. I'm not looking to join, just.. looking for a place to crash for a few days, maybe get a little bit of medicine in me for my cold." Realizing how that made her seem like a free-loader, she quickly added "I can hunt, I'll repay you for your services."

Mouth closed and the merlot red woman waited patiently but painfully for the wolf's answer. No doubt they'd want to know more about her before allowing her in, and Eph was prepared to answer their questions. It was difficult to think, though, with such a massive headache pounding away in her skull like the repetitive beating of a hammer. The fringe mix was certain she could get through it, though the Nardiri's help would be much appreciated.

All Eph could do was hope that they were willing to help.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 03:31:23 AM by silokk »

Offline Sunblink

• Hero
  • have only one waifu, or it will ruin your laifu
    • My status
    • FurAffinity
  • Liked: 2649
  • Likes Given: 3662
Re: knockin' on heaven's door (visiting)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »
could Anika come get this?

Offline Hayley

• There are so many colors that I still try to hide while I paint And there are so many tunes that I secretly sing as I wait
  • Leader
  • Hero
  • Liked: 1483
  • Likes Given: 520
Re: knockin' on heaven's door (visiting)
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 10:30:10 PM »
omg i just saw this!! anika is absolutely welcome to join!

There is no difference in what we're doing in here
That doesn't show up as bigger symptoms out there
So why spend all our time in dressing our bandages
When we've the ultimate key to the cause right here,
our underneath