Author Topic: me, the machine (return/acceptance)  (Read 407 times)

Offline Collette

• Initiate
  • winter's heart
  • Liked: 4
  • Likes Given: 0
me, the machine (return/acceptance)
« on: November 22, 2016, 12:02:07 AM »
Home was such an odd concept. Home was a place that could have looked like any other in the eyes of someone who didn't know it's true worth, who did not see it as you did. To some, home was an ever-shifting experience that had no location; to some, it was the only place they had ever known, and ever wished to know. It held warmth and welcoming, a sense of relief, safety, nostalgia. You'd think that someone who longed so greatly for home would have been overjoyed to finally lay eyes upon it.

You'd be mistaken.

Collette's weary green gaze looked out over the colorful expanse of forest that was Inaria from her hilltop perch, a sense of dread filling her entire body. The blue woman had not seen her home in what felt like a lifetime, but every day that passed, the call it made to her heart grew stronger and stronger. A sigh rolled gently from half-opened jaws, head hung low as she steeled herself. She had left Inaria on less than pleasant terms, and to return to a place that she had damned and thought of so badly.. it made the woman uneasy. Her mind felt as though it was filled with static, different thoughts all screaming at her to do different things, choose different paths; it was ripping her apart.

Much thought had gone into whether or not to return to Inaria's vibrant forests. Would they chase her away, or worse, knowing how she had abandoned them? Would they try to kill her? Long ears fell back at the thought, mouth running dry. No, Inaria is better than that, the blue woman reassured herself. In her absence, Collette had had the opportunity to explore and learn, find the truth at the center of herself; healing, in her own way. She had fled Inaria because she had believed it a nation destined to fall into anarchy and disarray, but in truth, that perception of Inaria was more about herself than anything. Guilt over Elias's death had almost destroyed her, turning her against her homeland and those that lived within.

Collette drew in a shaky breath before taking off down the hillside towards Inaria, a blue shade cutting through the autumn hues, striking and out of place. Weaving quietly through the dying undergrowth, she began to wonder what it was the awaited her here. Did Haven still hold her crown, did Haylyn? Who remained of the old society? Had others fled, as she had? Her very soul had called out in pain with each step she had taken away, the pain ebbing as the familiar trees and smells began to become a reality once more. Her heart was pounding in her chest, throat feeling dry and full of gravel, heavy. She had not come as far as she had to simply turn tail and run, not now. Readying herself, a wolf that had been known in times long past as Avidity stepped towards the purple gates of what had been her home once, nervous but determined. Thin, fox-like muzzle lifted towards the sky as she called out, falling silent and listening to the call echo out over Inaria.

Please, forgive me.

The smell of Saboro had faded since the last time Collette had been near Inaria. She had rescued a girl then, a terrified thing that had gotten caught alone by two of those disgusting beasts. Collette had told herself that she would only intervene if necessary - exiles were not exactly welcome within the purple kingdom - but the blue woman knew that the girl would perish otherwise. She and another, a male of Inaria, had fended off those savages.. and then Collette had disappeared, slipping away in the raucous melee. Collette put a good distance between herself and Inaria, only returning once she had been unable to ignore the call of home any longer.

:o!!

in the war, Collette & Brace saved Weiss from Oriana/Lucas, but Collette fled afterwards and is only just now showing up again
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 12:42:20 AM by Collette »

i knew that i'd get like this again,
that's why i try to keep at bay
be a hundred percent when i'm with you
and then a perfect heart's length away

the stickler is you've played not one beat wrong,
you never promised me anything
even sat me down, warned me just how they fall
and i knew the odds were i'd never win

( profile // bin // #6485bf // played by silokk)

Offline Weiss [rp]

• Inaria
  • Regular
  • Summer's Dress
  • Liked: 17
  • Likes Given: 40
Re: me, the machine (return/acceptance)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 06:20:54 AM »
[ my name is Weiss and I approve this message ]

She is as in a field a silken tent
At midday when the sunny summer breeze
Has dried the dew and all its ropes relent,
So that in guys it gently sways at ease,
And its supporting central cedar pole,
That is its pinnacle to heavenward
And signifies the sureness of the soul,
Seems to owe naught to any single cord,
But strictly held by none, is loosely bound
By countless silken ties of love and thought
To everything on earth the compass round,
And only by one's going slightly taut
In the capriciousness of summer air
Is of the slightest bondage made aware.

|Roleplayed by Kookamunga|

Offline Aeolus

• Former Messenger of Comunitare
  • Apprentice
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 08:47:49 PM »
He heard a howl echoing from the borders and well seeing as how he was supposed to be learning things it seemed like a good opportunity since surely someone else would have heard the call and would be heading that way to attend to it which would give him the opportunity to see how Inaria operated in peace time since so far all he knew of was how Inaria was when at war. It didn't take him long to reach where the howl had come from or so he supposed since there was a wolf here but he was well a bit dismayed and surprised to see that he was the only Inarian here at present. It was bit awkward to say the least since well he couldn't very well just walk away and leave her as that would be rude for one thing as she had to have realized he was here by now but also to leave a stranger at the borders would be courting disaster as there was no way to know what the individuals intentions or reaction to being slighted might be. He didn't know what to do with or about her though except perhaps to try and keep her entertained until someone else showed up who did know what to do here. If no one else did arrive..he didn't want to think about all the kinds of trouble and headaches that might cause..yet but if that was what came of this then..then he would try and figure something out.

Until then.."Greetings traveler". He began with a polite nod of his head to the blue female before him, unaware of her previous association to this place, as he took the last few steps to finally clear what was in a sense the tree line. It was not much of one really since the trees were just a few feet from both himself and his audience but the constant patrolling of the borders prevented new trees from being able to readily grow on those well worn paths and thus created a fairly visible delineation between Inaria, its border and the rest of the outside world. "I am Aeolus, you have reached the border of Inaria. What business might you have here if I may inquire?". He would finish trying to be polite and gracious while also trying to be careful about how far and how fast this went to try and allow someone with a better idea and better knowledge of Inaria then he had time to arrive and make their own assessments. For now he would do what he could to take careful observations that he could inform of to whomever might show up to handle this so that a fuller picture might be had which would allow for a more accurate judgment and decision on whatever might need to be decided on here which of course was going to be dependent upon what it was she wanted here in the first place.

((so Aeolus is supposed to be a Page now but I couldn't fill out the form thing to have his rank updated since it is apparently locked and I posted him in the Sentinel recruitment as well but that thread has stalled so..he is going to be here practicing his diplomatic skills if no one minds))

Offline Nagamaki

• Inaria
  • Initiate
  • the best is yet to come
  • Liked: 25
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 02:59:29 PM »
In the wake of devastation, it was time to begin rebuilding. When the smell of blood and foreigners faded the strangers would return to the borders, as they did in any pack. In truth, Nagamaki knew nothing of Inaria's sentries, what they were called or who remained. What she did know was that another body patrolling the border could not hurt. If nothing else, the bones of Saborans could be thrown over the border, into the no-man's land where they belonged.

Of course she came to the call at the border, drawn by some kind of uneasy paranoia. But that faded as she saw the other Inarian already at the post. So she simply trotted up, with enough ease to seem relaxed but not so casual as to seem as if Inaria wasn't defended. "I'm just here to back you up," she told Aeolus with a slight nod. Then she turned to look over the stranger.

Now, here's the kicker. Like every other time, Nagamaki had stumbled into a cruel twist of fate. After all, when she turned her almost-red gaze upon the blue stranger, would Collette see another stranger or would she see Sickle? For here she stood, again, the shadow of her sister, casting it unknowingly on the very ones who would be most affected by it.

Nagamaki watched Collete, expectantly, unaware of what her very presence might bring.

another conversation with no destination
another battle; never won
and each side is a loser
so who cares who fired the gun?

st. jude, the patron saint of the lost causes
st. jude, we were lost before she started
st. jude, we lay in bed as she whipped around us
st. jude, maybe i've always been more comfortable in chaos

played by spear

Offline Khotto

• Sentinel
  • Inaria
  • Apprentice
  • No, it's fine, I got this.
  • Liked: 5
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 01:46:57 PM »
Khotto heard the call and pulled his teeth out of the rabbit he had just slain. Washing his bloodied lips, he quickly buried the meal and set off towards the source. He couldn't really afford to let them wait, now could he? The Sentinels numbered one more since recruitment, but hadn't put to rest the itching feeling that he needed to be everywhere at once. But he figured that was how Moons felt nearly all of the time, so it was probably for the best.

As he approached what appeared to be a small gathering at the border, he recognized Aeolus immediately, but not the soldier at his flank nor the blue wolf across the border. He took a seat behind Aeolus, and if the recruit caught his eye, Khotto would nod to him to continue. Trainee or not, he'd arrived first, so he was in charge. At least, unless something went completely wrong. He nodded to the soldier next, both a greeting and a thank you for having their backs. It was always appreciated, though having three wolves greet someone at the border must be a little nerve wracking for the one who gave the call.

She did look a little nervous. "I'm Khotto," he said, and then fell silent so that she could answer Aeolus.

played by Puffin

Offline Rieal [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when able]

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
  • Liked: 175
  • Likes Given: 492
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 09:26:10 PM »
((so is this being finished here or being continued on the new forum?))
might disappear

~The raven strikes at midnight~

*Servicemen don't make MISTAKES, they make DECISIONS.*

±Credit cards aren't money..just wishful thinking±

If you want to understand me go Here and Here and also Here
My Charries

I survived the Snowflake
Christmas Name Change 2010

Offline Hayley

• There are so many colors that I still try to hide while I paint And there are so many tunes that I secretly sing as I wait
  • Pack Alpha
  • Hero
  • Liked: 1483
  • Likes Given: 519
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 01:04:08 PM »
i'd like to continue it on the new forum, if no one else minds! @Puffin @Spear , are y'all both still game for this? if so i'll repost everything on the new forum and get a reply done lol

There is no difference in what we're doing in here
That doesn't show up as bigger symptoms out there
So why spend all our time in dressing our bandages
When we've the ultimate key to the cause right here,
our underneath

Offline Puffin

• Guardian
  • Hero
  • Liked: 1154
  • Likes Given: 834
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2017, 02:12:30 PM »