Author Topic: Sparrows and Nightingales [Tortuga Visit]  (Read 804 times)

Offline Albatross [RP]

• Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 23
Sparrows and Nightingales [Tortuga Visit]
« on: September 19, 2016, 10:16:03 PM »
[Please wait a week for Tortugans to post here first! Probably setting this after puppy playdate 2016 unless the Inarian alphas say otherwise!]

It was refreshing, getting away from Tortuga for a while. She hadn't realized how significantly destroyed their home was until she was back outside of the pack lands again, this time as an adult with a rank and responsibilities. It made sense that they were sent to their allies, considering they were in the process of packing up and moving, and their contact meant they could also relay news of the move while doubling as a social call. On her shoulders was her pack, laden with some particularly nice trinkets and treasures she hoped could be offered as gifts as well as trade. Perhaps it was selfish to use this opportunity to open trade lines, but it would also benefit Tortuga as a whole, especially if they could obtain anything they themselves could not produce.

Trailing behind the monochrome girl was her team, and while she was confident each of them would hold themselves to her high standards, she also missed the security of her own posse. Odette was a rather unfamiliar presence, and Aysu and Bat Kol were no older than her, the latter much significantly younger, but he had matured well. Still, Alby had to smile as she attempted to picture Barbados coming along to speak with allies, and knew she'd have to watch him much closer than the trio behind her. Still, she missed him, and hoped he would be alright during the move while she was gone calling on Inaria.

She made small talk with her team while they walked, and pointed out the beach village where she'd led a raid on her Odyssey to Bat Kol, who perked up significantly. The Hammerhead forgot that he had never gotten the traditional upbringing that his older siblings and her own age-mates had, so this was entirely new to him. Would the spunky yearling have been hardened more with an auctioning and odyssey of his own, or would those starlight eyes have shined even brighter? They continued as such until the trees began turning purple and the grass glistened greener in the sun. While she'd ventured around these parts as a child, she hadn't seen Inaria itself, and was appropriately awestruck by the purple leaves on the trees. But as much as the porcelain girl wanted to halt and look around, she only stopped her group at Inaria's marked borders. There was another scent, many, though she realized it wasn't Inarian, crossing the borders, and quite fresh. She hoped they were fine, and that there hadn't been an invasion. The Hammmerhead only had the most basic information of Inaria to go on, but as there were no prominent signs of a disruption of the borders, she tamped down the worry and instead turned to her own small group.

"We're here. You all know what I expect of you here, so I won't go over that again. Should you have any questions, speak up and ask, politely of course. Worries can be expressed to me if you have any. Remember, we're on their territory, so we follow their rules while we're their guests," Albatross said quietly, though not particularly worried if someone was close enough to overhear. They were not here to spy on Inaria, though eyes and ears should most definitely be open, and were here to strengthen alliances. They'd not catch her giving secret underhanded orders at the borders, even if that was something she'd do. Turning back to the purple backdrop, she tilted her head back and let her melodious howl echo out a request for someone to meet them.

Once someone arrived, the mercury eyed wolf would allow her tail to wave gently behind her, smiling softly in greeting despite her head held high. "Ah, greetings. My name is Albatross, Hammerhead and ambassador of Tortuga. My group and I are here to visit our allies with news from our Captain. If we could be allowed to speak with your alphas, it would be most appreciated. Should they have the time, of course."

Certainly they would have a moment to speak with their Tortugan allies. If not, well, that would also be taken under consideration, but from what Albatross had been told of Inaria, they seemed to be on good terms with the pirates, as of their last interaction. Hopefully that was still the case.

In my left hand there is the familiar
In my right hand there's the great unknown
I can see the madly different grass there
But I'm drawn to wilder nights at home

Don't listen to your friends
See the despair behind their eyes
They only care once in a while

I can feel the draw,
I can feel it pulling me back,
It's pulling me back,
It's pulling me.

#C48E48
- Played by Red -

Offline Odette

• A Disney Princess
  • Tortuga
  • Initiate
  • In Wolf's Clothing
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sparrows and Nightingales [Tortuga Visit]
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:45:06 PM »
The pale woman had bid Vashe farewell, told him to stay out of trouble... They were still on unstable ground but, it was a comfort to have him be drawn t oher, to be drawn to him and so, the Princess followed her equally pale counterpart into the unknown but, oh so known. Odi seemed anxious to be out of the pack lands, seemed uneasy, looking around, ears turning about, muscles tensed, ready to defend or run. No, not run, she would not run from this strange family she'd found. As they traveled, she slowly began to relax, looking about curiously, making mental notes of neat places she glimpsed to tell Vashe about.

The small group marched until the grass began soft and plush, the trees holding the most stunning of hues and the winds told a story of faded decay... What...?

Odette felt her pulse pick up,her paranoia kicking in again as she glanced about, keeping close to Alby. Alby was the important one, she was the one the others would look too, she was the one who needed to be kept safe. They finally stopped at the borders and it seemed that Alby picked up on what the former Princess was smelling.... Of course, when you live through something similar, the smell of death, decay, and stale faded blood, they were easy triggers for deeper emotional issues. Odette stood quietly, her gaze seemingly distant, breathing short, shallow, quiet.

"We're here. You all know what I expect of you here, so I won't go over that again. Should you have any questions, speak up and ask, politely of course. Worries can be expressed to me if you have any. Remember, we're on their territory, so we follow their rules while we're their guests,"

That was right. Odi let out a long breath she'd been unknowingly holding and forced herself to relax. A quick shake also aided in said relaxing. Now composed, the pale woman would stand near Albatross, pale eyes watching, waiting, seeming to hold a gentle expression all the while her posture relaxed and non-threatening.

"Ah, greetings. My name is Albatross, Hammerhead and ambassador of Tortuga. My group and I are here to visit our allies with news from our Captain. If we could be allowed to speak with your alphas, it would be most appreciated. Should they have the time, of course."

For now, Odette would wait and listen, allowing her mind to clear out so she could process information and pick it apart as needed. It seemed that Inaria and Tortuga were on fairly decent terms but, things could change in the blink of an eye and well, the faded lingering scents told a story of blood which had her worried though, she'd not voice that allowed. Odette would cast a glance to Albatross, should she meet the silver gaze there would be a silent question of worry, should they send someone back for some help? If so, Odi would run with all the fires of hell at her paws to get the help these people needed.... Should that be the case.

Odette cleared her throat softly, offering a rather charming smile toward whomever greeted them. "Greetings my friend," She would begin softly. "I'm Odette but, if you would rather call me Odi that is perfectly acceptable, it is a pleasure to meet you." She would offer in a polite tone, even bowing her head in a polite greeting before lifting it back to a normal relaxed state, offering the same sweet smile as before. Odi was a good girl and she always would be while working. She needed to be perfect. She had to be perfect. If she was not perfect then there was no reason for her to desire such men like Vashe. He was perfect in her eyes and she longed for him to be here to keep her calmer than she was actually feeling right now.

Gotta love those masks.

Offline Aysu.

• Tortuga
  • Apprentice
  • This is your personal text.
  • Liked: 3
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 10:59:43 PM »
Everything seemed to be happening all at once lately, and if the purple girl was asked, she would have to admit it was overwhelming. Old Tortuga was destroyed, new Tortuga was as unknown and wild as the sea that bordered it. They had a new Captain, and she had a new pact with Cookie, her now adopted sister. Aysu was staying on top of everything, but only barely. In a way, it was very exciting. So many opportunities and now that she was a Navigator, the tattoo emblazoned proudly on her chest, she was able to make trips like this out into the world.

At first she had wanted this job in hopes of finding her family. That was still part of the reason, but another part was for the better of Raikov. On her right ear, under her black headscarf, hid two symbols of her loyalty to the Captain. A small string with a little blue bead, and a tattoo of a bird. She and Cookie had decided to be like Raikov's little birds, reporting anything to him that might be of use. Performing this duty, especially in the face of allies, was of her top priority. If she managed to find her family, that would simply be an added bonus.

Aysu kept pace with Albatross, silently keeping pace with the pale girl, but never passing her. That would be rude. Mismatched eyes shifted to the pack on Alby's back and smiled with pride. Some of those things had been made by her, and tho Brielle wasn't the Captain anymore, Aysu still wore her obsidian dagger around her throat as a prized possession and an indispensable tool. She couldn't help but wonder what exactly Albatross had in mind for the trinkets. Perhaps that trade route she had mentioned at the recruitment Morgan had called together. Oh how exciting. Did Raikov know about these trade lines? Hm... she would have to ask him later. It was a brilliant idea, and could add strength to their empire.

After a time the trees began to change color and tho they didn't have time to sit and enjoy them, Aysu still took in every sight, every smell, every sound and stored it away to a memory. She had never seen anything so beautiful before. The girl would trade the treacherous sea for these beautiful trees any day... then again, she doubted the trees brought in interesting items for her to make things from. Eh, the grass is always greener.

Aysu didn't miss the mix of smells at the border. She turned her nose to the wind when Albatross stopped to speak to them. What was that smell? The scent of Inaria was all around, and the marks of their territory seemed fresh enough. But this other wolf smell was so different and yet... somehow familiar? How was that possible? Alby spoke and Aysu's ears turned to her, breaking her thoughts away and pulling her back out of her own head.

"We're here. You all know what I expect of you here, so I won't go over that again. Should you have any questions, speak up and ask, politely of course. Worries can be expressed to me if you have any. Remember, we're on their territory, so we follow their rules while we're their guests,"

Aysu nodded in acknowledgement that she understood, and stood calmly as they waited for the Inarians. Cookie would probably kill her if she knew that Aysu wasn't really standing as she had been instructed. But Aysu wasn't sure how she needed to present herself here. Standing like a Siren would make her look pretty, confident, and ladylike. But she was a pirate. Should she look like a pirate? Dammit. So she took a pose in the middle of the two extremes. Her front paws close together, hind paws more natural, belly in, chest out to more naturally display her dagger and tattoo, but careful not to stand in a position with more authority than Albatross. She was the leader, and therefor needed to be at the forefront. And so she was. When the Inarians approached, Alby was the first to speak.

"Ah, greetings. My name is Albatross, Hammerhead and ambassador of Tortuga. My group and I are here to visit our allies with news from our Captain. If we could be allowed to speak with your alphas, it would be most appreciated. Should they have the time, of course."

"Greetings my friend, I'm Odette but, if you would rather call me Odi that is perfectly acceptable, it is a pleasure to meet you."

"Aysu." She said calmly. "Tortugan Crafter, at your service." She said with a slight bow. Pleasantries for now dear one.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:25:09 PM by Aysu. »

Played by BlackRabbit since 2015

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 926
  • Likes Given: 898
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 06:50:14 PM »
Moons had been sniffing around a clearing, looking for a trail of prey that she had lost. She had been hunting a hare, and the clever critter had disappeared into a heavily scented patch of flowers. The maroon female wasn't unfamiliar with the tactic, since she had remembered using it herself in a situation or two. But it was still stopping her from obtaining her meal, so she doggedly searched until she picked up that tantalizing scent. Taking a deep inhale, her tail wagged a few times and then stilled as her gaze sharpened. With her gaze she looked for the hare, certain it was around.

And there it was.

Exploding into motion, she burst forward into a sprint that was too sudden and too fast for the hare. Under a cloud of dust and dirt, Moons caught the hare and a small squeal was the only thing heard before silence followed. She shook her head once more to ensure it was killed, and then the marchioness happily carried her meal towards a secluded spot to eat. Moments like this were becoming common as Moons flitted around Inaria, wandering on her own rather than socializing much. Unlike before, though, she wasn't letting her duties waiver. She was getting them done, but not spending too much time talking like she normally did. She couldn't quite explain why.

She was almost done with her meal when a howl rang out for Inarians. Maroon ears perked as she listened, realizing it was a group of Tortuga wolves. Odd, she hadn't heard Raikov in that call. Moons cleaned herself up and stood, looking at the carcass for a moment before trotting away. She'd let the birds have the rest.

Picking her way, she quickly approached until she came within view of the group. Immediately Moons knew these were wolves she had not seen before, but that didn't stop her easy friendly smile slipping into place. "Ah, greetings. My name is Albatross, Hammerhead and ambassador of Tortuga. My group and I are here to visit our allies with news from our Captain. If we could be allowed to speak with your alphas, it would be most appreciated. Should they have the time, of course." News, huh? Could that be a good thing or a bad thing? Judging from their postures, it couldn't be all that bad, right?

Turning her head, she briefly listened to the other two. "Greetings my friend, I'm Odette but, if you would rather call me Odi that is perfectly acceptable, it is a pleasure to meet you." Amber eyes flitted to the last one as she spoke, her pose more defined than the rest. "Aysu. Tortugan Crafter, at your service." Finally she looked once again at the one introduced as Albatross. "It's a pleasure, Ambassador," she replied, her posture easy going and friendly. "I'm Moons, beta of the Alphas and of Inaria. Excuse me a moment." Taking one step back, she tilted her head and howled for Queen Haven and King Ghost.

Once she finished her call, she looked back at Albatross. "They should arrive soon. But also know that if the news is urgent and cannot wait for their presence, I am able to take care of relaying the message soon." Just to give a friendly offer to their allies, after all. Moons didn't want to keep these guys waiting if they had other packs to visit. "However, I also understand if you wish to wait." A pause, and she opened her maw once again. "Is there anything I can offer in the meantime to any of you?"
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline Albatross [RP]

• Tortuga
  • Regular
  • Liked: 35
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 08:00:01 PM »
As they waited, Albatross looked at each of her members of this party and smiled when she realized Bat Kol was well and truly distracted by the view, his mouth open and staring with those striking eyes at every plant and animal in view. She'd be stunned too, if she hadn't already been on an Odyssey herself. Alby imagined it was all so new and wondrous when all you had ever known was Tortuga and what had resided in the basin of their old territory.

When she heard a soft rustle of approaching steps, she turned, that smile still on her face, and noted the person who replied was a ruddy red color, bright and striking in color against all the green. Once she'd introduced herself, her group said their parts, and she cleared her throat softly at the youngest of the group. Bat Kol blushed, his look turning from embarrassment to horror once he realized he'd ignored their guest. Hastily, he stepped closer to the group and bowed his head to Moons.

"You'll have to forgive Bat Kol, here. It's his first trip outside of Tortuga, and he's a little impressed with the forest, as I'm sure you can see," her tone full of mirth was for Moons, as she knew the lanky boy would take the clearing of her throat as chastisement enough.

"It's a pleasure, Ambassador. I'm Moons, beta of the Alphas and of Inaria. Excuse me a moment."

Albatross nodded, grey eyes soft and liquid as she allowed the other to howl her own summons, likely for the Alphas.

"They should arrive soon. But also know that if the news is urgent and cannot wait for their presence, I am able to take care of relaying the message soon. However, I also understand if you wish to wait. Is there anything I can offer in the meantime to any of you?"

"We appreciate your hospitality, Moons. Our reasons for being here are not urgent, nor confidential. We're simply bringing word of our change of residence, as it were. Between wildfires and earthquakes, it seems old Tortuga decided it had had enough, and Captain Raikov decided to move us closer to the ocean," Albatross said, smiling, though her eyes turned a little stormier at the mention of old Tortuga's collapse. She also casually mentioned Raikov's position, working the change in Captaincy into the conversation. That was another good reason for them to approach their allies. "I'm sure he would have enjoyed a visit to this lovely forest himself, but his new position requires his leadership during the migration to the coast."

She paused here, unsure if she should ask this, as it wasn't exactly part of their being sent out, but she decided that carrying all the trinkets and baubles in her pack would have been a waste if she didn't mention it.

"I had also hoped to discuss the possibilities of establishing trade of goods between our packs, but should that require further discussion and consideration, we would like to leave some samples of such things as Tortuga crafters provide." Here, she gestured to her pack, though she'd wait to pull the items out until the Alphas appeared or until Moons requested it. Albatross was glad to have Aysu there to represent that part of Tortuga. "If we might be allowed to rest here for a day before we move on, there is yet another stop we're making on this trip, and a rest would be welcome, and I'm sure we can delay moving on if that would suit your Alphas' schedules better than an impromptu meeting on the borders."

If anything, they could camp outside of the borders. She wanted to inquire of the many scents at the borders, but Albatross didn't want to seem overly curious. Perhaps it wasn't their business, but she would certainly attempt to broach the subject if there was a smooth way to ask about it. Surely they weren't under duress here, if Moons was so kind to them and didn't bring it up. Still, Albatross selfishly hoped that they could remain here for a day or so, simply to take in the sights the forest offered.

In my left hand there is the familiar
In my right hand there's the great unknown
I can see the madly different grass there
But I'm drawn to wilder nights at home

See the despair behind their eyes
They only care once in a while

I can feel the draw,
I can feel it pulling me back,
It's pulling me back,
It's pulling me.

#C48E48
- Played by Red -

Offline Red

• Absolute Shrug
  • Hero
  • Liked: 1276
  • Likes Given: 2704
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2017, 07:49:04 PM »
Gently touches this

Red's Character Chest
-Icon Commissions Open-
[12:42 AM] Pride: YOU get a ban and YOU get a ban
[2:52:15 PM] Rhiow: RED TEAM: In the face of adversity she giveth a mighty shrug and sayith, 'Eh, I can understand that'.