Author Topic: ballroom blitz [open]  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Kappa

• into fire you can send us, and from the fire we'll return
  • Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • there is violence in my heart
  • Liked: 2
  • Likes Given: 0
ballroom blitz [open]
« on: March 21, 2016, 11:36:20 PM »
The Nightwalker's jaws had been idle for far too long, purposeless, his elite training that had been drilled into his head since infancy going unused and growing dusty. It was irritating to the beast, who had been conceived and raised to be a killer, his skills honed for the very purpose of battle - battle which Kappa had not seen in his entire life. Sure, he had had his fights, but nothing worthwhile.

The war sparked something within him, setting a flame alight in his chest. Saboro's brutal savagery seemed pointless to the Nightwalker. This was a useless war, just a ridiculous display of aggression that had no real purpose. Just boasting, that's it. Kappa snorted as he looked around at the blooming purple trees and vibrant foliage, dots of red littered about everywhere. The lifeless corpses of two Inarians lay around him, pelts disheveled and bloodied; Kappa's work, the rusty gears being polished with each movement, rigid attacks becoming more and more fluid.

He licked the wounds they had given him. They stung, but they would heal - perhaps scar, but they would heal. A deep wound on his cheek beneath his left eye stung particularly badly, but Kappa did his best to ignore it. He stood and cast his honey gaze around the clearing, suddenly aware that he wasn't quite alone. The smell of blood obscured the scent of the individual - individuals? - so the Nightwalker couldn't quite determine if the nearby stranger was friendly or not. They would know him as Saboran immediately, though; heavily tattooed, it was pretty obvious which side Kappa was on.

Tail and head raised, Kappa's muscles loose and his eyes half-lidded. "Let's do this then," he rumbled like a great thunderhead threatening to unleash a torrential storm. Kappa waited patiently, and whether someone showed their face or not, Kappa would remain silent and standing, a great stone statue flecked with rubies.

anyone can join this!! if you want your Inarian to meet a Saboran w/o fighting them we can do that too, just let me know!

'Cause you told me that I would find a hole
within the fragile substance of my soul,
and I have filled this void with things unreal
and all the while, my character it steals.

Darkness is a harsh term, don't you think?
And yet it dominates the things that I see.

Offline Rieal [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when able]

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
  • Liked: 175
  • Likes Given: 492
Re: ballroom blitz [open]
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 12:15:47 AM »
Aeolus

He had made it his goal to try and help those who could not help themselves and so since the battle began he had taken it upon himself to search the field for those too badly injured to get themselves to a healer. It was grim work though following the small rivers of blood to whatever individual they happened to lead him to as most of the time when he arrived they had already passed and few he'd found alive had passed on just short of his being able to get them to the medics. It had him rather wondering if he shouldn't stop by the place where the healers were and ask them what he could do to maybe buy time enough to be able to get someone to them without them dying on him. But that would have to come later as there was a strong scent of Inarian leading to an even stronger scent of blood which meant it was once again time to see if the war gad claimed another of theirs or if he might actually be able to save someone for a change.

But before he stepped into the open he noticed another scent..it was vague since the amount of blood had increased the further along the trail he'd gone so he couldn't be sure but..there was a war going on so it was probably better to be safe than sorry. So he took his time moving slowly, cautiously, forwards despite wanting to hurry up and get to the injured since running into a Saboran unawares, especially if it was an ambush would do no one any good. So he took his time maneuvering so he could get a look at the scene without being too noticeable himself and even without the glaring red covering the male's body it wouldn't have been to hard to figure out that with him standing over two..bodies, he was too late again, with a look of arrogance rather than sorrow.. he was Saboran.

The red marked one seemed to have realized he wasn't alone though as he spoke what sounded very much like a challenge to him. It was..incredible in a sickening sort of way that with two bodies already laying at his paws, and injuries of his own besides this Saboran was still showing such..arrogance. There wasn't a drop of remorse or guilt that he could see or hear in the males posture or address. It demonstrated a lack of respect for ones enemy, it demonstrated a lack of honor. And a lack of honor tended to be the mark of bullies, individuals who would pick on someone else simply because they could.

He wasn't about to have such a being going about Inaria, especially when two of theirs had already laid down their lives in a valiant attempt to stop him. So he would pick up where they had..been forced to leave off. "Your kind aren't welcome here". He said stepping into view of the Saboran as he did so using his training as a diplomat and messenger to make his assessments of his opponent because while he was willing to fight he wasn't willing to just blindly rush in and hope he would succeed.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:03:21 AM by Eruraviel [RL things so mostly lurking, RPing when inclined] »
might disappear

~The raven strikes at midnight~

*Servicemen don't make MISTAKES, they make DECISIONS.*

±Credit cards aren't money..just wishful thinking±

If you want to understand me go Here and Here and also Here
My Charries

I survived the Snowflake
Christmas Name Change 2010

Offline Pigeon [RP]

• Initiate
  • Sentry of Saboro
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 02:10:52 PM »
The brutality of war was intoxicating. The taste was new to her palette but clung with such sweetness that the sentry wondered why she had not taken a bite before. The once shining and colorful sanctuary that was Inaria had begun to stink with gore. It was a picture that she, like every other anger filled body here, had helped to paint. It didn’t matter that the purpose of this war was useless and easily avoided. The high that she received from being here was enough to satisfy her cravings…for now.

The curvy grey female would slip through the valley of purple trees, the tail of her last encounter dripping crimson onto the earth. Icy eyes glared daggers at the place that surrounded her. The pristine society that so eloquently starved for peace and safety caused bile to rise in her throat. They were so weak. With each new Inarian that threw themselves at her she desired to find someone here that did not reek of good intentions and ideals. Someone who could see past their lenses of the world enough to grasp the gravity of their situation, what each Saboran who crossed their boards meant. Saboro breed monsters and it was time for the little piggies to be gobbled up. 

An exchange would catch her ears, causing her to turn. The silence of death was interrupted and the petite barbarian hungered to know why.

It didn’t take her long to find them. The large male she clearly recognized as a respected Saboran and the other…was just like all of the other sugar coated whelps that Inarian seemed to keep popping out of its loins.  Pigeon entered the scene from the Inarian males right, gliding to the side of her fellow Saboran with a respectful nod to clarify any confusion of whose side she was really on. Incase the bloodied stump of a tail dangling from her jaws wasn’t enough.

Dropping her trophy at her feet, not stopping to lap the gore from her face she responded to the Inarian almost sweetly, “Well, isn’t that a pity?” But there was not pity in her voice, no empathy for the weak no matter how many bodies were piled. As far as she was concerned, even if she didn’t see the full reasoning behind the war, Saboro was doing the world a favor by eradicating those who only took up space.   

Offline Kappa

• into fire you can send us, and from the fire we'll return
  • Saboro
  • Apprentice
  • there is violence in my heart
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 04:52:14 AM »
The beast that appeared before him from within the undergrowth and bushes was definitely an Inarian; he reeked of a false sense of security, of peace and tolerance and a sense of honor that he had done nothing to gain. Was unearned honor any better than no honor at all? Piggybacking off of the glimmering hope and false righteousness of others.. Kappa's lips lifted in a small movement reminiscent of a snarl - smaller, less threatening, though. Less teeth.

"Your kind aren't welcome here."

Kappa did not laugh, although it was a quite amusing thing to him. What a notion.. that this Inarian assumed he cared whether or not he was welcome. The Nightwalker's hackles rose, tail straight up in a display of dominance and aggression. Noise nearby did not escape his notice, but the wolf that slipped forth into view was of the jungle; he could smell it on her. Saboran. Wheat golden eyes focused on her for only a moment before snapping back to the Inarian, Kappa's head raising while gaze regarded Aeolus with a cold certainty and indifference; imagine if you will the lack of surprise or emotion in the face of an old mortician, one who has seen too many bodies to be phased by such things any longer.

“Well, isn’t that a pity?” The Saboran girl said in a saccharin tone, sweet but bitter simultaneously. Kappa licked his lips and rolled his massive shoulders, gaze never leaving the Inarian male. "Is that so," the greyscale beast rumbled, "What do you intend to do about that, Inarian?" His words were almost taunting, as if trying to bait the male into striking first. Kappa truly didn't care who took the first shot; it would end in bloodshed and, perhaps, death - only time would tell, and if there was one thing Kappa had in abundance.. it was time.

Without warning he lunged straight towards Aeolus, attempting to slam his hefty form directly into the Inarian male and knock him off balance, perhaps even bowling him over in the process - whatever attack Pigeon would attempt, if she did, Kappa would do his best to clear the path for and assist where needed.

Whether or not he slammed into Aeolus, the Nightwalker would keep pushing forward with salivating jaws opened and snapping at whatever he could grab, at the moment attempting only small wounds that would weep red. It wasn't an attempt to maim or to kill, not yet - only a frenzy of attacks to make Aeolus hurt. He believed himself better than Kappa, better than Pigeon, better than any Saboran who had ever been - Kappa did not know this as fact or fiction, but was convinced of it either way. 'Your kind your kind YOUR KIND', the words repeating over and over in Kappa's mind. He snarled and would attempt to bite at Aeolus' face, trying to snatch the Inarian's check and shred it to pieces if he could, all the while keeping his body positioned so that his neck and chest would have been difficult to reach without facing Kappa's gnashing teeth.

Eventually, attacks successful or not, Kappa would jump away from the Inarian to gather himself, looking to Pigeon to see where best to aid her in taking this arrogant Inarian down.

'Cause you told me that I would find a hole
within the fragile substance of my soul,
and I have filled this void with things unreal
and all the while, my character it steals.

Darkness is a harsh term, don't you think?
And yet it dominates the things that I see.

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 08:02:50 AM »
As he was making his assessments of the situation another appeared on the scene, a smaller female who was apparently carrying a tail, which meant it was probably safe to to assume she wasn't Inarian. Something else to add to his calculations. Two against one. Not an ideal situation and why he really wished he had more experience and training with war tactics because if this were a message run gone awry his job would be to run and escape to make it back home to give a report on what had happened. But this wasn't a message run, he was not on foreign soil..he was home and this was a war. Cut and run tactics hardly seemed proper but..survivalist methods seemed..too harsh still. Perhaps that would change if the right circumstances occurred though what those might be was hard to say. So for now he would..try and figure out the middle ground. He listened to the words the pair spoke keeping his attention mostly on the one with the tattoos. There were already two bodies to Tatoos credit, at least that he knew of, and he didn't want to be the third. But he hardly ignored the female though as she was now quite clearly a Saboran and thus his enemy. And while she was, or had been, carrying a tail she did not seem to have any injuries or at least none that he could notice so while it was making a potentially dangerous assumption, without experience and with no real knowledge of war methods and tactics aside from what he'd picked up since his arrival here, he had no choice but to assume and hope he was right.

And his assumption was that the female, who had come baring a only tail, was not as experienced as the male and would perhaps be easier for him to send off first and level the odds as much as they could be which, given the fact that the male though injured, with two dead already was almost certainly more experienced than himself it likely wouldn't be by much. So when Kappa started towards him he likewise started forwards taking a few steps as if he was intending to meet him but instead of actually meeting him he would swerve avoiding the body slam, though likely taking a few bites along his side or flank, as he angled to try get at the female wherever she was.

Once he reached her, if he reached her, he would attempt to do something, a good bite or maybe a few good bites, to try and get her to bow out or to at least make it easier for him to deal with two opponents instead of one.
might disappear

My Charries

I survived the Snowflake

• Quoth The Raven...
  • Hero
  • Nevermore!
    • Warriors Prelude
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 09:53:25 PM »
((uh so Katt hasn't been on since July and had a goodbye thread posted as well so..any ideas on..how to say this went?))
might disappear

My Charries

I survived the Snowflake