Author Topic: by nightlights the children pray [open]  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Balberith

• Initiate
  • Liked: 0
  • Likes Given: 1
by nightlights the children pray [open]
« on: February 15, 2016, 01:59:46 PM »

A storm raged through the unbidden darkness, the only respite from the oily blackness being the sudden violent flashes of lightning snaking and slicing through the tension-thickened air. Balberith moved liked a crocodile through the murk, slow and steady, with purpose. Sheets of rain plummeted down heavily, turning water droplets into rubber bullets that smacked against the hell beast's body; he paid them no mind, his attention focused and singular. Though his fur was thick and heavy with water thanks to the hateful heavens above, Death moved with solid grace and quickness, leaving only rustling leaves and stamped-down earth in his wake.

Heavy footfalls increased in speed, thundering against the ground and propelling the demon forward, rivulets of saliva streaming from his open jaws. How long had he been tracking this senseless beast.. ? He did not know. Hunger had driven the beast to hunt, and his tastes had turned toward elk, passing by the panicking white-tail deer and the fleeing rabbits and foxes that sensed the danger, sense the threat that was Balberith.

A wounded and aging elk had been singled out and driven from it's herd, never to be seen again by it's family. Bal had the brainless creature in his sights, icy blue gaze narrowing and legs shoving him forward in a blast of energy that would end the elk's life as jaws closed around it's neck and blood gushed around the hellion's teeth and lips, down his throat and splattering all over his head and chest. Balberith held the dying elk until the beast ceased it's efforts to fend off it's attacker before dragging the corpse back to his den. It was a cave with a wide front opening, the wind just happening to blow gusts of chilly wind and rain inward, and Balberith sat at the mouth of it overlooking the woods below. Lightning flashed overhead, but Balberith paid it no mind, the right hind leg of his meal resting on one of his mighty forelimbs while the other foreleg rested atop the elk's own severed leg. Teeth stripped some of the meat from the leg, and the demon chewed thoughtfully as the storm raged on.

If only there were some entertainment to go along with his meal.
This world does not want me
This world does not care
And I am a product of this world
Confused, I'd say that's fair
This pain will never leave me
It's scared upon my brain
Destroying everything that brought this
Just to keep me, just to keep me sane

A hatred burns inside me
Emotion out of hand
But I've the will to focus this
Survive, contrive, command
From pain come a courage
The strength from injustice
The rage to overcome it all
An open mind with a closed fist

(profile // silokk // bin // #356476)

Offline Kujo

• Master
  • NUNC EST BIBENDUM
    • My status
  • Liked: 1392
  • Likes Given: 1175
Re: by nightlights the children pray [open]
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 02:02:21 PM »
Oh ho ho Odyssey inbound in a couple of hours!

████████████████████████████████

I. bi-n
II. art
III. comms
IV. plots
V. profile codes
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

I'm still waiting for you,
to come back.
From Rome, Rome, Rome,
from the ashes of Rome

Offline Odyssey

• LAUGH
  • Initiate
  • If I were God, we'd all be dead.
    • My status
  • Liked: 26
  • Likes Given: 38
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:28:04 PM »
OUT OF THE NIGHT THAT COVERS ME,
BLACK AS THE PIT FROM POLE TO POLE,
I THANK WHATEVER GODS MAY BE
FOR MY UNCONQUERABLE SOUL.

Darkness hug above him like a blanket, a blackness that was almost soothing and wholly his element. The jester clicked his teeth together in his usual fashion as he walked, his long legs weaving together in a gait that was a bit too fluid, a bit too dramatic to be entirely natural. His long claws sunk into the loose muck stirred up by the storm, his paws leading him in whatever direction they were privy to. Paths never seemed to be predetermined for Odyssey, his whims drew him in many different ways and something was pulling him to the unclaimed lands, where he could hear sloshing of the mud from the rain, the slick noise of his paws as he pulled them from the muck, where something dirty drifted into his flared nostrils without relent.

The sky cracked open with viciousness. Lightning drew thick, jagged lines into the black flesh of the heavens and pulled it's brutal light across the clouds for just a punishing breath. The storm screamed it's thunderous cry and shook the very earth. Nature roared and it was spectacular in its force. He could feel the wind move across his skin, harshly pulling at the bases of his long hairs, carrying them off into the air, causing them to dance without his influence. His mane of curled hair around his neck and head was particularly chaotic, swirling around his skull in an impressive halestrom of fur. The tangles reached out toward his face as almost sinister, twisted fingers, parted only as his jaws stretched in a theatrical yawn. How dreadfully boring this day had been. How tediously dull.

Blowing hot air through his gently clenched teeth in a hiss, Odyssey narrowed his peculiar eyes into crisp and biting wind. The brute found himself terribly lacking in amusement. This land was proving to be insipid so far, nothing like the ranging tirades he and his had been on in the past. Those lands were filled with screams, burning flesh and blood. They were playing fields, with so much opportunity for destruction. Here... here they seemed to be playing nice. Here he was isolated, left to his own devices. Odyssey found himself laughing alone, strolling down the murk as though it were a beach, like some trite romantic.

The joker let out a guffaw, a noise shrill in his mouth as he cantered up the textured side of a fallen tree, their corpses littering the disgusting face of the mire. Odyssey jumped from ledge to ledge, tree to ground, his long tail curling and flicking about behind him as he advanced, his head swaying to an imaginary song that was surely running through his head. His movements were surprisingly graceful for a man so brutish and bulky. He looked almost statuesque under his heavy coat of fur, but he moved with a practice flexibility that promise far more grace that might have been expected from him. He was deadly like a concealed dagger, not sheathed, but hidden from the eye. Though, perhaps, his grin gave a little too much away. Odyssey's face was carved in half by a hideous cheshire grin. His metallic teeth were clearly displayed through his tightly pulled black lips, the tips of his mouth curling almost comically as they reached the bone of his cheeks. And he smiled, needlessly, as he traveled quickly across the territory, clicking his teeth all the while.

Thankfully, he was not alone for long. The darkness and the weather concealed most things from immediate view, but Odyssey could not ignore the sudden panic of a herd not far ahead. Someone had disturbed them. A hunt perhaps. Curiosity captured, the man danced forward, always drawn to chaos - no matter how small. He could see it: a horned creature with a massive, barbed tail. He had missed the kill (sadly), as the stranger already tore hardily into the meat of his catch.

Rain poured heavy down upon their heads but Odyssey seemed careless. He was rarely of more than one mind, one distraction. "Younger meat is sweeter," he observed without preamble, without cause. Without purpose (for he was whim and whim alone).

████████████████████████

I could buy myself a reason.
I could sell myself a job.
I could hang myself for treason.
Oh I am my own damn god.
HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA
#818e5f

{the Space Oddity}
— played by Kujo

Offline Morba

• The God-Queen
  • Regular
  • Plague of the soul.
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 12:18:35 AM »
Yo.
Would it be cool for Morba to jump in to invite the hottie hot hottiez to our big party?
Today is the day you
C o n v e r t
Or today will be the day your
S i c k G o d smites.

Offline ℜᴏʀsᴄʜᴀᴄʜ

• LOVED
  • Saboro
  • Regular
  • Weaponized snot
  • Liked: 104
  • Likes Given: 75
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2016, 12:36:30 AM »
i have no problem with morba coming in. it's up to silokk i guess, tho!

████████████████████████

peach juice swims in my veins.
when i bleed it's sweet.

honeybees fly right to me.

#85b042

{ the Gun-Shy Martyr }
— played by Kujo

Offline Hayley

• Pack Alpha
  • Hero
  • Liked: 1483
  • Likes Given: 520
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 12:50:57 PM »
that's fine with me! I'll reply after Morba posts

Offline Morba

• The God-Queen
  • Regular
  • Plague of the soul.
  • Liked: 38
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 11:58:48 AM »
(Silokk, crap. You have my Skype, poke the hell out of me when I drag like this. D: Will post today, swear.)
Today is the day you
C o n v e r t
Or today will be the day your
S i c k G o d smites.