Author Topic: Dangerous Secrets [Azuhel]  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
  • Liked: 926
  • Likes Given: 898
Dangerous Secrets [Azuhel]
« on: July 11, 2015, 05:40:49 PM »
Not much was said between the Alteron wolves and the Inarian ones.

But what was said that stuck with Moons. Despite whatever was discussed in the initial meeting, the maroon female wanted to know more. It was that thirst for knowledge (and want for protection for her family) that made Moons pace with uncertainty for some time. She had watched the Alteron wolves depart, but not without hesitation as to whether to go ask for more. And without the rest of the Inarian wolves present. Was it risky? Hell yes it was. Could it easily turn on her for not telling the others what she was thinking? Certainly. But did that mean she wasn't going to try it and see what came out of it? Not at all.

Besides, she wanted to ensure it wouldn't put anyone else in danger. That would likely be her downfall one day, but that wasn't crossing Moons' mind at the moment when she finally huffed to herself and trotted towards the borders. She looked for the Alteron group, particularly one of the wolves in the posse. As she stepped quickly through the worn path, she soon spotted the wolves ahead in the distance. Amber eyes searched and locked onto the other red female, the one proclaimed to be the leader. Moons paused near the border, ready to call out. "Lady Azuhel!" she called, waiting to see if the other would listen and turn around. If she did, Moons would approach and stand near. "Wait, please... I wish to speak with you." Would it be apparent that she wanted to speak alone?

If not, Moons would turn and walk slightly deeper into Inaria, but then parallel to the border. A show that this wasn't an ambush waiting to happen. Merely a desire for privacy. Hopefully Azuhel would follow, for she wanted to know. "Thank you," Moons would start off, nodding respectfully. "I apologize for not introducing myself earlier -- Moons, Marchioness of Inaria." It was only fair, Azuhel having been introduced earlier with the group. "I more listen at first, before I begin to speak." More of a listener than a talker, for sure. Unless it became necessary. Like now.

"There was something I wished to ask of you before you left," she began, wanting to get straight to the point. No doubt they had more important things to do, so Moons didn't want to waste their time. But this was imperative. Her left ear flickered before she spoke. "I want to know more of these Saboro wolves. What does their presence mean for us?" There were so many other questions, but she would stick with this for now.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 05:41:26 PM by Moons »
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar
Been on IDS since: January 26th 2008

Offline Azuhel

• The Red Dragon
  • Alteron
  • Master
  • this city never sleeps at night
    • Deviantart Page
  • Liked: 469
  • Likes Given: 93
Re: Dangerous Secrets [Azuhel]
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 09:09:53 PM »
Their meeting had been an odd one, one plastered with forced pleasantries and half-smiles. It was an event Azuhel found interesting, as the last time she’d experienced such meetings of importance had been more or less in her youth and under the guise of treason, not peace-building. Though said strengthening seemed relevant to their budding prosperity and it was of upmost importance to change the overall opinion Alteron had exposed to the world only a scant few years ago.

If only to give birth to something far more ominous in the future.

It was these ideals and more that Azuhel had planned to take back with her and in turning to depart she hadn’t expected (though might have suspected) that someone would wish to speak with her. That small nugget of information, precious and hoarded, had been just an attempt to keep interest in her, than the pack she claimed to represent. To see it hook the attention of one of the wolves in the gathering was more than enough to get her feet moving. Yet Azuhel’s pace was leisurely at best, as if this self-proclaimed ‘king’ beyond the walls found little danger in being ambushed. That was hardly the case, but Azuhel had always been a casual girl of opportunity, a wolf of authority in posture and movement while the demanding presence.

It was as if she wore her experience instead of proclaiming it.

“<i>I see,</i>” Azuhel spoke, her accent notable though not so thick as to make her misunderstood. This was not a discussion between peasants and jokers, after all—“Marchioness of Inaria, I thank you for this chance to speak.

Moons was quick in cutting to the point, an aspect Azuhel could appreciate—“Saboro is a collection of monsters.

Never mind the one that walked beside you.

They are a vicious collective, you see. Vultures, I’d reckon. They snatch what they want and they break what they can. You understand, don’t you? I’m awfully surprised we survived, we weren’t prepared for their invasion…

She gave a wistful shrug of shoulder then, a quick and graceful motion as if no one could be blamed for the happenstance, though Azuhel had certainly placed it upon the former King’s head. Still, that wasn’t information Moons wanted to know and Azuhel had a purpose for their meeting.

I’m afraid their presence could mean invasion, enslavement, destruction… They are a cruel lot, they worked with lions to oppress us, you know.

Whether or not that was entirely true was irrelevant, but a picture was being painted with speech and Azuhel was a masterful weaver of tales—“We lost many due to their antics. You must be careful, they wouldn’t hesitate to rip open your belly.

CC6666

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 11:09:25 PM »
It made Moons' ears prick forward to see that Azuhel was turning back to listen to the maroon female's plight. She appreciated the gesture, and waited for the other to approach and listen to the words Moons had to offer. If she wanted her questions answered, there was no beating around the bush. "I see." Her accent was distinguishable, but the beta had no problem in understanding the other female. "Marchioness of Inaria, I thank you for this chance to speak." Indeed, this wasn't a conversation just among subordinates; there was a heaviness in the air that was ominous to their topic. "No, thank you for the opportunity, ma'am," she said, using the formality that hadn't been spoken from her in a while.

"Saboro is a collection of monsters."

Inexplicably, a shiver ran down Moons' spine at the mention of that sentence. Without even knowing these wolves, there was already an ominous appearance to them. Perhaps it was the influence of hearsay, but it couldn't be helped. "They are a vicious collective, you see. Vultures, I’d reckon. They snatch what they want and they break what they can. You understand, don’t you? I’m awfully surprised we survived, we weren’t prepared for their invasion…" Oh, she understood very well. Suddenly Moons realized the reasoning for her reaction: it was a reflection of the actions of the Renegades. "I understand very well..." she said softly, looking away from the other. "How goes the recovery? Anything I can bring up to my alphas in ways of helping?" Perhaps this was opening for vulnerability, but if they were allies...

Moons continued to listen when Azuhel carried on. "I’m afraid their presence could mean invasion, enslavement, destruction… They are a cruel lot, they worked with lions to oppress us, you know." Lions. Felines that assisted wolves in terrorizing others. She found herself thinking of Khage, and it made her shake her head in disbelief. "We lost many due to their antics. You must be careful, they wouldn’t hesitate to rip open your belly." Moons looked again to Azuhel, taking in the red female's appearance and stance. There was a lot to think about. "How did you fend them off?" It was a tale of seemingly hopeless defeat, and yet they were on top?

"We'll be sure to secure our borders, as a result." Anything that could prevent the same events repeating themselves. "Was there... any word of their next target? Any goal that they have in these endeavors other than their own sick satisfaction?" There was no anger though -- only concern and thoughtfulness as she wondered just what this pack named 'Saboro' was up to.
Link to bin~

Characters I Actively Role-play: Moons | Corvus |Rykryk | Flamestorm | Seven |Yoki | Phoenix | Electra | Coronach | Cruciatus | Zodiac | Tide | Skylar

Offline Azuhel

• The Red Dragon
  • Alteron
  • Master
  • this city never sleeps at night
    • Deviantart Page
  • Liked: 469
  • Likes Given: 93
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 01:48:17 PM »
With careful practiced and moons of experience she’d managed the art of persuasive speech. It was a skill that needed continuous improvement, an action that always had a percentage for failure no matter how good one believed they were at the task. Still, to watch Moons shiver at the implications she spoke, to see her concern and serious air at the idea that Saboro really was a collection of hungry savages was a pleasure Azuhel inwardly relished.

To twist the balance and craft nodes of chaos was her specialty, was it not?

It was just a shame that so much of what she said was actually true. It helped that there was a certain amount of sincerity to her soft tone, but when it came to Saboro Azuhel reckoned there wasn’t much she couldn’t say and have it turn out to be reality.

As for the recovery to this Azuhel smiled, though it seemed wry and strained. Recovery was never easy, even for the Red Dragon, whose attempts at rebuilding a civilization were decent at best. Her experience laid in the unraveling of countries, not their building. This was all a very interesting project for the red wolf but she wanted so badly to win all the same.

It isn’t easy. We’ve lost a great deal of wolves, whether through death or through a lack of faith is yet to be determined. Those that remain are passionate and eager to change. For too long we’ve been oppressed, crushed under the paws of the royal family. Now we’re a collection, we’ve crafted a system of equality and we’re moving forward with that.

She paused for a moment, before she nodded to herself. This seemed like the best explanation for their current status. It could change in the future though, depending on the outcome of her own goals and well mapped plans.

Inaria can help by remaining our ally, of course. We value the friendship we’ve built and we’re making an effort to change how we may have been viewed in the past. Rapiers reign and then fall have left us with an opportunity for growth.

But she didn’t say in which direction.

Furthermore, we too worry about Saboro and their thirst for conquest. If you would… we’d like to follow you on your next venture to perhaps see who you call friend and if we can warn them? Numbers will be our greatest weapon, I reckon Saboro a mighty empire if they had so many people to spare for their invasion of Alteron.

For the next question though Azuhel shook her head—“They vanished. One day the lions left and our Sovereign fought for control of the land against the royal tyrant whose greed had led us to the place we were in. The lions went first, Saboro followed. I often wonder why but I’d say they were just ruining our lives for the fun of it and found us boring. Thank Sovereign that we were not slaughtered in their departure.

Or rather, that was the story as she had heard it and now firmly believed.

There was no word on their next target though we’ve been coming up with a plan to… observe them. If it works perhaps we’ll have more information to share in our next gathering? Indeed I feel we should hold council in some months’ time, after our journeys are completed. Your leadership and our leadership, perhaps together for one night of celebration in life and further planning..? We are neighbors after all.

CC6666

Offline Moons

• Kichigai's wierdo <3
  • Hero
  • Captain Inaria~
    • My status
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 04:53:39 PM »
It was typical of Moons to shoulder the worries of Inaria on her shoulders, to take it upon herself to make sure to find out everything she could in order to keep her home safe. Perhaps this was the job of Queen Haven or King Ghost; perhaps she should have called on Kashmir, her rank counterpart, to help in figuring out what was going on here. But no, maybe foolishly, the maroon female stood in the Outskirts alone with this other red female. Did Moons feel threatened? No, not necessarily. She had been in worse situations before. It might be different if she knew the history of the female who stood before her now, but that was something that wasn't privy to the ears of the Marchioness. And so instead she kept her attention and worry on the pack that she had not met yet, the behind-the-scenes threat that seemed all too real the more she thought about it.

After all, why would this be a ploy?

"It isn’t easy. We’ve lost a great deal of wolves, whether through death or through a lack of faith is yet to be determined. Those that remain are passionate and eager to change. For too long we’ve been oppressed, crushed under the paws of the royal family. Now we’re a collection, we’ve crafted a system of equality and we’re moving forward with that." It was something Moons could only begin to imagine, and she nodded in something related to understanding. Because she knew of treachery, of loss of faith in the pack. The figures flitted through her mind, but faded to old memories that were better left unstirred. "I'm glad you're able to get back on your paws,"] she said, sincerity in her words. "You and your pack both." Two allies who were both climbing back from the hole in which they were tossed into.

Her ears pricked, continuing to listen. "Inaria can help by remaining our ally, of course. We value the friendship we’ve built and we’re making an effort to change how we may have been viewed in the past. Rapiers reign and then fall have left us with an opportunity for growth." Growth was always good, and Moons usually considered it in the proper direction. There was no reason to think otherwise. "Furthermore, we too worry about Saboro and their thirst for conquest. If you would… we’d like to follow you on your next venture to perhaps see who you call friend and if we can warn them? Numbers will be our greatest weapon, I reckon Saboro a mighty empire if they had so many people to spare for their invasion of Alteron." Moons' amber eyes flashed, recognizing the subtle request. Her son came to mind, knowing he was about to depart to an alliance with a pack they had just come to know as guests to their land. Was it a risk to let potential strangers journey with him and his group to the new land? What if something happened? Could she risk denying a potential way to save Inaria just to make sure her son was safe? But there was an even bigger question...

What would her choice be if it wasn't her son in the mission?

The Marchioness straightened, halting her thoughts and gazing at Azuhel with sharp amber eyes. "We have actually just arranged for a messenger to be sent to a fellow pack. Establish allies with them," she informed Azuhel, slowly moving her chess piece into place as she looked at her opponent. Moons was secretly afraid to let go of the piece, but she knew that once the move was made, there was no turning back. "So I can let the leaders here know, and your group can come with us to the alliance, see what that pack has to say about it." And she let go of the piece, leaving it in it's place. A nod to acknowledge the move. "I'm sure they'll appreciate the warning, at the very least." One thing was for sure; her leaders were going to hear about all of this.

And then the topics continued. "They vanished. One day the lions left and our Sovereign fought for control of the land against the royal tyrant whose greed had led us to the place we were in. The lions went first, Saboro followed. I often wonder why but I’d say they were just ruining our lives for the fun of it and found us boring. Thank Sovereign that we were not slaughtered in their departure." Moons smiled, glad to see others had been fortunate in rising up and taking back what was their's. "I'm very glad to hear of it! But... it does leave you to wonder why they made the sudden departure." To think it was just for the fun of it, was something that the maroon female didn't want to contemplate. The likes of that matched only the ones who desired revenge on Inaria. "There was no word on their next target though we’ve been coming up with a plan to… observe them. If it works perhaps we’ll have more information to share in our next gathering? Indeed I feel we should hold council in some months’ time, after our journeys are completed. Your leadership and our leadership, perhaps together for one night of celebration in life and further planning..? We are neighbors after all." A lot of information to take in, as well as a lot of questions to answer in the spur of the moment. But then again...

Wasn't that her job? "Is the plan hopeful in succeeding?" she asked, genuinely wanting to know if it would help out both their causes. As for the rest... "A council would be good, I agree." Speaking of... mental note. "I'll ensure the leaders are informed to be present for when that time is right for our next meeting. A celebration might indeed be good for us both, since it would strengthen our bonds, wouldn't you think?" After all, in an alliance, there was trade to be had. "Shall we discuss the date for that in a future setting? Once we try and settle this..." uh, "peril at our door, of course." Because if there was something that was primary to any sort of party, it was the safety of the pack. And no matter what she said or did, Moons would not compromise that.

Your turn.
Link to bin~